IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
srikanthdk71

Tirupati Balaji was a Buddhist Shrine

Rate this topic

My dear friends, when politics divide people within a religion it can go to any extent. Latest being this.

http://www.ambedkar.org/Tirupati/Tirupati.pdf

In the name of Ambedkar, millons of dalits are being brainwashed by the buddhists. I dont deny the greatness of buddhism but the way that politics has entered into caste and religion, the dirty mind plays to show buddhism above by showing the father of buddhism in poor light.

By the way, who was buddha? A buddhist by birth? No. A Kshatriya who was renunced. By whom? By himself. Foolish people believe in this theory. Ambedkar was the first dalit who held a high post. It was unfortunate that he converted to buddhism.

A dalit means, a shudra who was depicted in poor light and treated badly by the upper-class people. This was only restricted to hinduism. But today, there is a Dalit Muslim, Dalit Christian, Dalit Buddhist w.r.t Dalit Hindu. Now, who is real, who is the neo and who is fake. Just to enjoy the benifits that the government has extended, the 'dalit' tag is carried accross religious barriers. 'Dalit' is such a dirty term but people find it as a savior in all circumstances to politicize that tag to enjoy benifits.

What a load of nonsense. This man is so engrossed in the bodily conception.

Buddha wasn't a buddhist.

And what is the point you are trying to make? Jesus was a not a Christian, Mohamed was not a Muslim and Chaitanya was not a Gaudiya Vaishnava.

Cheers

Namaste,

Ambedkar is a poor example of buddhism. He not only denies Sanathana Dharm but also the metaphysicis of Buddhism. His version is not a part of mainstream Buddhist doctrine therefore I wouldn't take what his group says as an acurate representation. He took Buddhism and used it for his own political purposes.

Hari Om!

My dear friends, when politics divide people within a religion it can go to any extent. Latest being this.

http://www.ambedkar.org/Tirupati/Tirupati.pdf

In the name of Ambedkar, millons of dalits are being brainwashed by the buddhists. I dont deny the greatness of buddhism but the way that politics has entered into caste and religion, the dirty mind plays to show buddhism above by showing the father of buddhism in poor light.

By the way, who was buddha? A buddhist by birth? No. A Kshatriya who was renunced. By whom? By himself. Foolish people believe in this theory. Ambedkar was the first dalit who held a high post. It was unfortunate that he converted to buddhism.

A dalit means, a shudra who was depicted in poor light and treated badly by the upper-class people. This was only restricted to hinduism. But today, there is a Dalit Muslim, Dalit Christian, Dalit Buddhist w.r.t Dalit Hindu. Now, who is real, who is the neo and who is fake. Just to enjoy the benifits that the government has extended, the 'dalit' tag is carried accross religious barriers. 'Dalit' is such a dirty term but people find it as a savior in all circumstances to politicize that tag to enjoy benifits.

The history of many of the temples in India is not fully known. There are controversies. Thirupati is one of them. There are many theories about its origin. In the absence of reliable academic research it is not possible to confirm or deny any theory. Such a research has not been possible because of the reluctance of the temple authorities to give full access to all the records. The Buddhist theory is one of them.

Any such research will only inflame sectarian rivalries. That is the reason for withholding the records.

But then we should not pour scorn on any community because of the theories of some of the followers. We have seen the theories of a Vaishnava in another thread. But I did not see anyone attacking Vaishnavism because of the wild theory that all Shiva and Devi temples in India were Vaishnavite.

Dr. B.R. Ambedakar is revered by all Indians as the father of the Indian constitution. He led the Dalits in their struggle against social oppression. We should remember that Dr. Ambedkar was given offers both by the Christians and the Muslims to convert the Dalits to Christianity or Islam. But he chose Buddhism which is a sister religion of Hinduism. Had he chosen Christianity or Islam things would have been entirely different.

Please do remember that sage Valmiki belonged to a caste which is classified as Dalit now. So did Sage Vyasa whose mother was a fisher-woman.

And what is the point you are trying to make? Jesus was a not a Christian, Mohamed was not a Muslim and Chaitanya was not a Gaudiya Vaishnava.

Cheers

My point is that it's not about labels.

It's like some muslim parents who will be more angry if their children become Christians than if they take up drinking and womanising etc. Why? Because they aren't into being spiritual, they're into tribalism.

I think my point was obvious.

Namaste,

Ambedkar is a poor example of buddhism. He not only denies Sanathana Dharm but also the metaphysicis of Buddhism. His version is not a part of mainstream Buddhist doctrine therefore I wouldn't take what his group says as an acurate representation. He took Buddhism and used it for his own political purposes.

Hari Om!

...because he is obsessed with material designations.