IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gita Dharma

Dharma, Morality, Spiritual Philosophy and Bhakti

Rate this topic

I have found the Mahabharata to be far more than I had imagined. For me it only needed an inspiring presentation and the excellent Mahabharat TV Show is such (for me). From the perspective of Bhakti, that of Mother Yashoda was delved into with far more depth than that of Sri Mata Radharani. They presented her as suffering the deepest mood of separation whereas Sri Mata Radharani seemed to accept her separation nobly. Of course in regards to pure torture, I cannot conceive of any worse than that of Mother Devaki who felt a mothers attachment to the child within her womb six times knowing that each time her newborn was likely to have his head smashed in front of her very eyes by her own brother shortly after giving birth! With all that I have been through in my life, her pain and that of her husband Vasudev (who as a noble man was powerless to protect his children and comfort his wife) inform me that I do not know what real suffering is. Some of these characters where nothing less than supermen and wonder women! I would like everyones comments on the Mahabharata and also to know what English translations of Mahabharata are the most popular.