IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
jinglebells

Nehru's view on temples

Rate this topic

India's first PM, J Nehru, said the temples in India occupy a lot of space, and if they were transformed into factories, India can feed its people. Frankly, I think this is a better approach, than to have millions being wasted on temples. In fact, even outside temples, we see poor people begging! So what's the point of having temples, when they can't even take care of the poor in the very vicinity of temples?

So I believe Nehru's view is the right one, and that the religious people are simply making money out of temples and gods.

i agree that not to go overboard with temples.

but having factory in the middle of a city makes no sense.

most temples i think are in places where people live.

Do you know the amount of pollution factories can cause.

nehru was besides not a very religious man

as i know.

You cannot combine politics with spirituality. To feed the poor and provide better infrastructure is the governments job. If Nehru said this, he looks bankrupt of ideas for the future of his nation by targetting religious places.

The party which Nehru headed speaks of Nehrus dreams about India. Thats all what he could do. Dream. Infact Nehru is the only politician to have been in the seat of the PM with suo-moto powers till 1956. What did he do then? Dream.

Frankly speaking, if you believe in Nehrus ideas, you too will look bankrupt of ideas by combining politics in religion and religion in politics.

You cannot combine politics with spirituality. To feed the poor and provide better infrastructure is the governments job. If Nehru said this, he looks bankrupt of ideas for the future of his nation by targetting religious places.

The party which Nehru headed speaks of Nehrus dreams about India. Thats all what he could do. Dream. Infact Nehru is the only politician to have been in the seat of the PM with suo-moto powers till 1956. What did he do then? Dream.

Frankly speaking, if you believe in Nehrus ideas, you too will look bankrupt of ideas by combining politics in religion and religion in politics.

we see what all his daughter has done also.

i agree that not to go overboard with temples.

but having factory in the middle of a city makes no sense.

most temples i think are in places where people live.

Do you know the amount of pollution factories can cause.

nehru was besides not a very religious man

as i know.

Without factories, what can you produce? Without production, you'll have next to nothing! You live in a house, and type on a PC with internet connection, don't you? So you can worry about pollution and go back to stone age; or, you can focus on development.

You cannot combine politics with spirituality. To feed the poor and provide better infrastructure is the governments job.

We can feed people only by producing things. No consumption without production. And there are thirty thousands temples in India, all the revenue generated there going to corrupt priests and politicians. So much food, water, ghee, milk, sweets are wasted on the idols which have no life, whereas real, living people are starving in the streets of India.

Is it any wonder that India is still a third-world country whereas Ireland, also a country ruined by imperialism, has managed to become one of the wealthiest and industrialized nations?

People can make slumdog kinda movies about India, because these things actually exist. They can't make such movies about Ireland, why do you think that is? I am sure you know the answer.

So much food, water, ghee, milk, sweets are wasted on the idols which have no life,

You talk as if the idols eat the food and there is nothing left over.

In temples after the food is offered to the idols it is then distributed to pilgrims or otherwise distributed to the needy who come to the temple.

The biggest food programs for the needy in India are being conducted by temples and religious organizations.

These temples do more to feed the needy than any factory.

India doesn't need more factories.

India needs to return to it's agrarian village culture.

Building factories to enslave the working class people and pollute the land is not an improvement for the people of India.

Religious organizations and temples around the world do more to feed the needy than these companies that build factories to turn life into a hell for the working class people.

Don't even talk about demolishing or transforming Hindu temples. It is absolutely disgusting.

In Malaysia, many Hindu temples have been destroyed by the Muslim government. Their excuse is that they are "squatting on government land". Some of them are over 100 years old, and date back to the time when the British ruled Malaysia. So the temples were registered under the British government, but when Malaysia became independent in 1957, they weren't re-registered with the new government, and so the fanatical Muslims are allowed to run rampant destroying Hindu temples and smashing Deities.

We can feed people only by producing things. No consumption without production.

Correct.But there is no shortage of land for factories necessiating removal of temples.

And there are thirty thousands temples in India, all the revenue generated there going to corrupt priests and politicians.

FYI ,The earnings from temple lands is controlled by government not priests.

Most of the government funds for poverty eradication goes to the pockets corrupt government officials.So, by your own logic we should be demolishing goverment.

So much food, water, ghee, milk, sweets are wasted on the idols which have no life, whereas real, living people are starving in the streets of India.

Sonic yogi has already answered your point.I will add more.There is no shortage of food in India .people who refuse to work are starving not because a tiny bit of food is wasted on idols that too on accassions not every day.

Is it any wonder that India is still a third-world country whereas Ireland, also a country ruined by imperialism, has managed to become one of the wealthiest and industrialized nations?

It is a wonder that stupid fellow like you lives in ireland.Irish people i know are of very smart kind.Now, did the irish became prosperous after demolishing Churches? .

What exactly is your point?

People can make slumdog kinda movies about India, because these things actually exist. They can't make such movies about Ireland, why do you think that is? I am sure you know the answer.

The answer is eradicating political corruption and electing strong leadership.Demolishing places of worship is not the answer.Now, tell me how much funds you have managed for evangelisation?

Don't even talk about demolishing or transforming Hindu temples. It is absolutely disgusting.

In Malaysia, many Hindu temples have been destroyed by the Muslim government. Their excuse is that they are "squatting on government land". Some of them are over 100 years old, and date back to the time when the British ruled Malaysia. So the temples were registered under the British government, but when Malaysia became independent in 1957, they weren't re-registered with the new government, and so the fanatical Muslims are allowed to run rampant destroying Hindu temples and smashing Deities.

Malaysia is a modern, progressive country, and they care more about development than trivial religious matters. So let's be more objective and less sentimental. Human lives are more important than idols, meaningless worship that results in wastage of food etc.

Correct.There is no shortage of land for factories.

Still, temples occupy a lot of space...30 thousand of them! Imagine!

FYI ,The earnings from temple lands is controlled by government not priests.

Most of the government funds for poverty eradication goes to the pockets corrupt government officials.So, by your own logic we should be demolishing goverment.

And these politicians are also Hindus, and they worship Hindu gods, go to temples etc. etc. See a pattern here?

Sonic yogi has already answered your point.I will add more.There is no shortage of food in India .people who refuse to work are starving not because a tiny bit of food is wasted on idols that too on accassions not every day.

What a heartless thing to say! Millions of Indians are starving, because according to your bigoted view, they're all lazy and starving.

It is a wonder that stupid fellow like you lives in ireland.Irish people i know are of very smart kind.Now, did the irish became prosperous after demolishing Churches? .

What exactly is your point?

Point is, they're more secular than religious; whereas Hindus are more interested in cows than they are in fellow human beings starving on the streets. I am Indian, btw.

The answer is eradicating political corruption and electing strong leadership.

More than 6 decades, and hindus are still waiting for a corruption-free politician and system! Good luck!

temples occupy a lot of space...30 thousand of them! Imagine!

[Oh Really? --So while taking a 4 Hour Train Ride across India's in-country regions . . . a passenger will pass by endless, countless 'Temples' without a vistas of rural country-sides?

Standing Room Only?

Only on the edges of the patty Fields?]

Without factories, what can you produce?

[Do you not actually mean to say,

'Without cheap Labor from rural migrant workers'??

Industrialisation is a means to subjugate the masses.

True productivity means happiness ~ we are not, as a whole, producing happiness!!!

Since the beginning of the "Industrial Revolution" --YOU see progress?? HA Ha. If Yes, That makes you sound like Lucifer himself.

What was the apex of modernity? VE Day? Moon Rocks? Oils Spills?

Aides Medicines? Enriched White Flour Products? Mercury filled Fish?

Cheap Paper Face Masks? Japanese Technological Advancements?

North Korean Self-Pride? Muslim Self-Pride?

School Children are being cheated! You cannot speak truth in school--or else the kids would be scared to death at what their Adult-World does predicted upon young new comers entering the market place]

. . . slumdog kinda movies . . .

[Who makes those kinds of Movies? Philanthropists?

Secular cut-throat free-enterprise creates it for a lust for 'sensationalism'.]

. . . living people are starving in the streets of India . . .

[the people starving on the streets --are cursed ex-wealthy merchants that are reconciling their past mis-deeds.

The same is done the world over in each country ... to much worse degrees 'of stupidity' ... all ending up in misery yet again].

JINGLES BELLS WHAT IS YOUR POINT

DESTROY TEMPLES.

ARE YOU RETARDED.

BESIDE DO YOU EVEN KNOW ABOUT INDIA.

ARE YOU VOTING IN THE ELECTIONS.

ARE YOU EVEN GOING TO MOVE FROM IRELAND AND COME TO INDIA

SEE THE SITUATIon HERE

BIT EASY TO SIT IN IRELAND AND PASS COMMENTS.

Still, temples occupy a lot of space...30 thousand of them! Imagine!

Imagine what???.Would you like to replace them with churches?. What exactly is your point?.Are u that retarded.

And these politicians are also Hindus, and they worship Hindu gods, go to temples etc. etc. See a pattern here?

Yes, i see a pattern here.A retard who repeatedly fails to recognise when he is smacked thoroughly.

Stupid idiots like you who dont comeout of the evangelical crap cant see that politicians are of various faiths.And there is shortage of genuine and strong hindu save a few like narendra modi who chose to enter politics

What a heartless thing to say! Millions of Indians are starving, because according to your bigoted view, they're all lazy and starving.

Who told you there are millions starving?? which church gave you this data?.People who are starving are too stupid like you who dont want to work or seek help.

Point is, they're more secular than religious; whereas Hindus are more interested in cows than they are in fellow human beings starving on the streets.

Again an evangelistic propoganda.You pretend that you haven't read Sonic yogi's post about temples feeding poor people.Temples serve food to poor people irrespective of faith.Temples are not proselytizing centres unlike your churches who insist on conversion before they serve.

I am Indian, btw.

Aha,When was the last time you set your evangelical foot on indian soil.?

More than 6 decades, and hindus are still waiting for a corruption-free politician and system! Good luck!

That is true. hindus are waiting for strong politicians who follow sanatana dharma and not the crooks who pose as indians and behave like cheaters .

Somebody like Mr Narendra Modi when he takes becomes primeminister is going to kick the corrupt fellows and slaves like you who peddle his masters faith.

so if i understand the first post, you are suggesting replacing all temples with factories?? this is a foolish idea and doesn't solve the problems. the temples don't steal wealth and food from the poor. as has already been stated, they supply a lot of aid. the problems in india have to do with government corruption, and no not all corrupt gov. officials are hindus. there are plenty of christians, muslims, sikhs, etc as well. by your logic should catholics tear down all their churchs and orthodox destroy all cathedrals to make factories in eastern europe, africa, and south america??

factories do not automatically mean wealth and prosperity for all and they have their own problems. if you put factories in the place of mandir near where people live then you increase the risk of disaster. if you aren't familar you should read up on what happened with union carbide in bhopal.

India's first PM, J Nehru, said the temples in India occupy a lot of space, and if they were transformed into factories, India can feed its people. Frankly, I think this is a better approach, than to have millions being wasted on temples. In fact, even outside temples, we see poor people begging! So what's the point of having temples, when they can't even take care of the poor in the very vicinity of temples?

So I believe Nehru's view is the right one, and that the religious people are simply making money out of temples and gods.

Some might say these problems were caused by factories.

Malaysia is a modern, progressive country, and they care more about development than trivial religious matters. So let's be more objective and less sentimental. Human lives are more important than idols, meaningless worship that results in wastage of food etc.

You know the food is distributed afterwards right?

Why don't you go spread your marxist rubbish with the other pinkos instead of coming to a religious forum?

Lots of milk that's poured over the idol...are they also distributed?:rolleyes: If so, how?

The milk used in bathing statues isn't taken out of the hands of poor kids on the streets. It comes from donations or the temple purchases it with their own funds. How temples and devotees spend their money is their own business.

Lots of milk that's poured over the idol...are they also distributed?:rolleyes: If so, how?

lots of milk coming out of factory and entering rivers have you thought of that.