IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
atila

Balancing hormones

Rate this topic

Hello,

I have read alot of hormonal imbalance and the many diseases it can create such as acne, oily skin etc.

What is the ayurvedic way to balance hormones?

Yes, you are right. Hormonal imbalance can certainly cause acne and oily skin, beside a host of other problems.

Coincidently, I happened to have posted just yesterday on the Vedic Astrology forum here, about how the Chakras in our body are affected by planetary rays and how hormonal imbalances can result from malefic planetary effects.

This is related to the Ayurveda in a way, because the remedies suggested for it are found in our traditional medicine.

Perhaps you would care to see the post, in the thread called

"How planets affect us: a medical aspect".

I would be pleased to answer any questions you may have, about the topic!

As you can see, there is no direct way in which Ayurvedic would cover "hormonal imbalance", but your answer can be found in correcting malfuntioning Chakras.

(On a more practical level, Ayurveda advises the use of turmeric, neem, ginger, ambe halad and a few other herbs, for treating acne and oily skin).

Medical Astrology:

Thank you for your response. I did read your post on malfunctioning chakras. It was very insightful and well written. However, I was hoping to get some more specific answers on certain questions. You mentioned that ayurveda advises on the use of certain herbs. I am curious to understand disease such as acne from an astrological point of view. What are the planets involved here and what causes blemished skin? Most people of a certain age 15 - 26 have this problem so does that mean natives of a this age all have a certain (same) planetary combination which leads to this diseases?

for acne, the main reason is shukra and mangal. in years 15-26 (as you mention), the kam-bhava is at peak and this leads to a shukra imbalance in kundli. then, during this age, the harmonal changes take place which also turn out to be a reason for acne. anger and rash decisons lead to acne caused by mangal. frequently outing and snacking on foreign food causes disturbances in stomach which in turn force guru to give skin problems. last but not the least, the stress to excel, race for boyfriends and girlfriends, peer pressure and the state somewhere in between that of child and adult causes this problem.

I, too, have been facing the problem of acne for 4-5 years now.

use of neem, honey, cinnamon, rose water is recommended though these go only with time and patience.

Thank you for this thread. I am searching for education on food and herbs that bring the body back to a natural state. This month I took the Morning After Pill and I feel so incredibly irrational and upset all the time. My eating is unhealthy as I grasp for comfort. I am interested in healing myself through ayruvedic principals if anyone has some to share. Thank you very much.