IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sant

Drugs And Spirituality

Rate this topic

Guest Melvin1

sant, yes I have visions, I can have visions reading Rig Veda, or past life memories, or learning visions from spirit.

Ken111, always use this rare gift from God (Krsna) wisely..

Baba Ram Dass and LSD:

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overly was very profound." -Baba Ram Dass

Baba Ram Dass, is a contemporary spiritual teacher who wrote the 1971 bestseller Be Here Now. He is well known for his association with Timothy Leary at Harvard University in the early 1960s. He is also known for his travels to India and his association with the Hindu guru Neem Karoli Baba.

WHEN RAM DASS GAVE LSD TO NEEM KAROLI BABA

from http://www.miqel.com/entheogens/neem-karoli-baba-lsd-alpert.html

It just so happened that I was carrying a small supply of LSD for "just in case," and this was obviously it. "Yes." - "Get it," he said. So I did. In the bottle were five pills of three hundred micrograms each. One of the pills was broken. I placed them on my palm and held them out to him. He took the four unbroken pills. Then, one by one, very obviously and very deliberately, he placed each one in his mouth and swallowed it-- another unspoken thought of mine now answered.

As soon as he had swallowed the last one, he asked, "Can I take water?"

"Yes."

"Hot or cold?"

"It doesn't matter."

He started yelling for water and drank a cup when it was brought.

The he asked," How long will it take to act?"

"Anywhere from twenty minutes to an hour."

He called for an older man, a long -time devotee who had a watch,

and Maharajji held the man's wrist, often pulling it up to him to peer at the watch.

Then he asked,"Will it make me crazy?"

That seemed so bizzare to me that I could only go along with what seemed to be a gag.

So I said, "Probably." And then we waited.

After some time he pulled the blanket over his face, and when he came out after a moment his eyes were rolling and his mouth was ajar and he looked totally mad. I got upset. What was happening?

Had I misjudged his powers? After all, he was an old man (though how old I had no idea), and I had let him take twelve hundred micrograms. Maybe last time he had thrown them away and then he read my mind and was trying to prove to me he could do it, not realizing how strong the "medicine" really was.

Guilt and anxiety poured through me. But when I looked at him again he was perfectly normal and looking at the watch. At the end of an hour it was obvious nothing had happened. His reactions had been a total put-on. And then he asked,

"Have you got anything stronger?" I didn't. Then he said, "These medicines were used in Kulu Valley long ago. But yogis have lost that knowledge. They were used with fasting. Nobody knows now. To take them with no effect, your mind must be firmly fixed on God. Others would would be afraid to take. Many saints would not take this." And he left it at that.

When I asked him if I should take LSD again, he said,

"It should not be taken in a hot climate. If you are in a place that is cool and peaceful, and you are alone and your mind is turned toward God, then you may take the yogi medicine."

Baba Ram Dass and LSD:

"Psychedelics helped me to escape.. albeit momentarily.. from the prison of my mind. It over-rode the habit patterns of thought and I was able to taste innocence again. Looking at sensations freshly without the conceptual overly was very profound." -Baba Ram Dass

LSD is something that most usually would be a very uncomfortable if not freakish and fearful experience for a person who had never done psychedelic chemicals.

It takes several experiences to really start to get a handle on it.

However, after repeated regular use a person can "get his head" and more or less master the psychedelic experience.

I remember after I got out of the Navy I went back to stay with my parents at home for a while and procured a large supply of LSD.

I did large doses daily for several weeks and neither one of my parents had any clue that I was "on drugs".

I was staying up rather late, but other than that they could not tell at all that I was taking LSD.

I had mastered the experience and had actually come to really enjoy LSD, but at that point I had passed beyond the stage of hallucinations and was just tripping without hallucinating.

In the stage of hallucinations I did see some very beautiful hallucinations, but somehow after regular use the hallucinations stopped.

I was actually quite habituated to LSD at one point and I only gave it up because I read in the books of Srila Prabhupada that LSD was forbidden.

Other than that I personally thought it to be a very useful substance that allowed me to peacefully meditate and do yoga all night long while everyone else was asleep.

It was a quick and easy way to an altered state of consciousness.

It was LSD that initially convinced me that there are altered states of consciousness that can be attained, though in Indian mysticism it takes a lot of yoga and pranayama to attain to an elevated state of consciousness.

I have never tried LSD actually, but have tried Hawaiian Baby Woodrose which contain LSA, somewhat similar I have heard. I am very thankful for what entheogens has done for me. I wouldn't even have been interested in spiritual matters if it had not been for cannabis.

A lot of people say that it is temporary, I disagree a little with this. This experience now is temporary, we go into a change into a change into change... always changing states. And I learn from this experience, from this experience, from all my experiences. And the higher you are in the normal state, the more you can gain from the entheogenic induced states.

I have never tried LSD actually, but have tried Hawaiian Baby Woodrose which contain LSA, somewhat similar I have heard. I am very thankful for what entheogens has done for me. I wouldn't even have been interested in spiritual matters if it had not been for cannabis.

I was involved back in the early 70's.

I had some rather uncomfortable trips on some of the tablet acid like Orange Barrel, Purple Barrel, Purple Microdot, Orange Sunshine etc. etc.

It wasn't until I got some of the really pure and potent blotters like Mr. Natural and Window Pane that I started to enjoy it without the side cramps you get from the tablets that have impurities of some sort.

Honestly, I really enjoyed LSD after I got used to doing it.

My first few trips were actually a little too heavy for me and I didn't really enjoy such an extreme departure from sanity.

People who have never done LSD have no idea how much self-control and patience it takes to get through 12 to 16 hours of heavy LSD.

Quite honestly, the first few trips were horrible and frightening.

It wasn't until I got some potent blotters and did them every day for a few days that I started to really get into it and actually really enjoy the trip.

When I stopped taking LSD I really didn't want to, but I went off to join the Hare Krishna movement and was able to avoid it by living in the temples.

When I stopped I actually loved LSD and was very regretful that I had to stop, but I was serious about Krishna consciousness and stopped because it was forbidden under the regulative principles.

What I found to be more fun and enjoyable than LSD was the psylicyben mushrooms.

LSD is a very harsh chemical trip.

Psylicyben was just a better trip.

Most usually I laughed constantly while tripping on the mushrooms.

Me and a friend had to walk out of a music concert once because were were laughing so much that the band members were giving us the evil eye.

Psylicyben is definitely more recommended for a novice who wants to experience psychedelics.

Then, also there is the peyote cactus which is also more enjoyable than LSD and which will also cause a lot of laughing.

Both of these are superior to LSD because they are organic substances and produce a more pleasurable experience.

LSD is just very harshly and extremely an intense psychedelic experience that drags on for up to 16 hours.

Psylicyben is the best psychedelic substance that produces the most enjoyable trip.

I tried Psilocybin once, one of the most ecstatic experiences I have had, at the beginning it started sorting my thoughts into different categories in tune with a rhythm. And then I felt my skin become one with the energy of the mushroom, and expanding beyond my body, maybe this is why it is called flesh of the gods.