IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
empy

Lord krishna and his qualities.

Rate this topic

Dear fellow devottes,

I don't intend to hurt your feelings, but I wish to know about the following:

When Lord krishna is said to have 8 wives, and many other consorts, and had children from then, How can he be called " ASKALITHA BRAHMACHARI, URDHVA RETASKA"

Regards

-Prasad

maybe beacause as i have read BRAHMACHARI means one who has controlled his sexual desires and it is krishna and lord krishna had wifes and children to fulfill their wishes and not like he sexual had desires of his own

askalitha brahmachari -perfect celibate

sorry im not a big devotee of the lord so as you have asked devotees only to answer your question

heres a story

Parikshit is the son of Abhimanyu and Uttara the daughter of Virata and the only successor to the Pandavas. Ashwatthama, the chiranjeevi, unusual to his brahminical nature, kills all the ten sons of Draupadi, after the Kurukshetra War. Unlike Arjuna, who is always guided by the Askalitha Brahmachari, Lord Krishna, Aswathama, is unable to retrieve the Brahmastra and consequently it enters the womb of Uttara to kill the yet to be born Parikshit. But Parikshit is such a great Baktha of the Lord Almighty and an upholder of Dharma the unstoppable Brahmastra is suppressed by the Lord and instead of killing the infant in the womb, it stuns him.

In due course Uttara delivers a still born child and there is consternation and chaos in the Pandava Camp. All the ladies cry and approach Lord Krishna and entreat him to do something to save the last heir to the Pandava Dynasty. All the sages are wondering as to how Lord Krishna is going to revive a still born child.

Then, this Nitya Brahmachari proclaims loud and clear: "If there is a Brahmachari amongst all of you who has no carnal desires let him touch the baby and the infant will come alive." All the males including the rishis cannot even imagine that they are worthy of such a self-test and remain aloof and refrain from touching the infant.

Ultimately Lord Krishna with a naughty smile playing on his lips says "Since no Nitya Brahmachari has come forward to revive the baby I, who is accused of having 16,000 gopis as my concubines will touch the infant with my hands and try to revive him." So saying he touched the infant and Parikshit comes to life!

In spite of the fact that he is accused of having Raas Leela with 16,000 Gopis, he has never lost his Brahmacharya. This story is a proof that he never lost his Purity even for a fraction of a second in HIS life.

It is mere futility on the part of ordinary mortals to evaluate the life of a Jivan Mukta by observing only HIS external appearances. In fact it is a great mistake and an irreverent act. - Bagawan Sri Ramana from his Stories from Bagawan.

Rajaputhran.

Parikshit - A Story from Mahabharatha.

:namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar: :namaskar:

Dear Bhaktajan

I thought this forum will enable me clear my doubts. But , this sort of responces(smiley's) donot get me any where. It is better, I seek solutions from somewhere else.- Prasad.

I am surprised at your sanskar to ask such questions. Your last question was inspiring and so is this. You are a very fortunate person.

The Gita is filled with instruction regarding performing action and not being goaded by the possible results of our action. Krsna is persistent that one should come to this stage.

Bhagavan Krishna posseses all fortune. One aspect of that fortune is tyaga. Tyaga can only truly come from the heart, where forced tyaga is not really tyaga at all. Detachment is a sign of true wealth, for the need to acquire wealth only indicates a deficiency in it. The self-satisfied who is detached from needs is the wealthiest.

There is none who can posess self-satisfaction to a greater degree than Bhagavan Krishna. However, Krishna prescribes action, and performs action as well. He is Gopal, Giridhari...Yashodanandan.

Action without attachment to the results of action is truth. It is commonly said, "Never judge a book by its cover". This is because it is not what is on the outside that we can know something for what it truly is, but on the inside. Krishna is atma-rama so how can He not be Brahmachari. After all, the role of being a Brahmachari is to be atma-rama.

If one posesses wealth, what need is there to work? Work becomes play. Krishna already posesses detachment and self-satisfaction.

Thanks Narasingh,

May be my samskara is that , that I am destined to learn from enlightened devotees like you.

Only of late I started reading about Lord krishna, and other spiritual books.

I just wanted to clarify some doubts, so that if ever some one questions me on the topic, I would be in a position to offer a satisfying reply. That's why I sought this forum.

Please be compassionate towards the evolving, and less evolved souls(devotees).

-Prasad.