IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Melvin1

It`s Krsna not Krishna

Rate this topic

The point behind Valmiki was, I believe, his incapacity to say Rama in his past life. Narada asked him to say Rama but since he couldn't he was coaxed to say Mara over and over again. Narada's requesting him to say Hari Nam along with Valmiki's endeavor enabled him to realize his ulimate goal.

I think the point is that if one is trying to say the name of God, even if it is done improperly, there is still great benefit. At some point, it will be able to be done.

Guest Melvin1

This might have something to do with Melvin's original point, because he is Filipino and in the Phils. there is a strong Latin influence on the languages especially Tagalog.

In Latin the i is always hard like ee and the a is always long like AH.

So, the Spanish speaking people say KREESHNAA.

This might be at the heart of Melvin's complaint about improper spelling.

Nope, I speak visaya not tagalog. The Philippines have been divided into three major islands, Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao. Because I was born in Cebu, part of the Visayan island, I therefore speak in my native tongue visaya. Majority in Luzon speak tagalog or Filipino which is our national language not local.

We don`t call Krsna " Kurzna" but Krizna not Krishna.

Visaya is a sanskrit word for a person who engages in illicit sex, alcoholic intoxication and gambling. We call God Bathala. Which actually comprised of two words, Bat(Child ) and Hala(God).

Look on the right side of my profile. The avatar you see is Bathala( Child God).

So, which is better for us? To chant Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare or Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare?

The point behind Valmiki was, I believe, his incapacity to say Rama in his past life. Narada asked him to say Rama but since he couldn't he was coaxed to say Mara over and over again. Narada's requesting him to say Hari Nam along with Valmiki's endeavor enabled him to realize his ulimate goal.

I think the point is that if one is trying to say the name of God, even if it is done improperly, there is still great benefit. At some point, it will be able to be done.

Exactly.

Mara is not Hari nama.

So what is the point of difference here that made Valmiki such a great mahatma ??

He ASSOCIATED mara with Sri Ramacandra.This was the mind's work:"I'm calling mara mara but I'm calling out to Sri Ramacandra,the Supreme Person."

A person is very foolish who thinks that he is chanting Hari-nama AS IT IS in his present condition.

The chanting of Hari Nama is dependent only on the mind's purity.Unless the mind is pure,there is absolutely no chance of chanting Sri Nama.

So even "maRamaRamaRama" was instrumental in liberating Valmiki.So how do you say that slight mispronunciation of the Names is offence ??

Sri Bhagavan gets happy when He hears "Ranachora".

Dwaraka people shout,

"Hamare Raja Ranachora !!!"

"Our King who ran from the battlefield !!!"

Sri Krsna will only note your loving sentiments.

"Bahu janma Kore yadi Sravan Kirtan tabhu na paye Krsna Pade Prema Dhon."

Gauranga Mahaprabhu has said that Anasanga bhakti/mechanical bhakti WILL NOT attract Prema Bhakti.

why differentiate between the two spellings? it's the same pronunciation. the only difference is the transliteration. i would venture to say that a substantial population can not read diacritics and some of us who can don't have a diacritical program on the computer.

Hare Krishna!

The main mantra of Tibetan Buddhism is "Om Mani Padme Hum". You will find the Buddhist Monks chanting this with their prayer wheels. But I do not think anyone can make out the Sanskrit words.

There have a number of discussions about the effect of pronunciation on the efficacy of any mantra. Now there is agreement that the efficacy depends not on pronunciation, but on the intent of the devotee.

Lord Krishna will respond to your devotion/bhakti however you pronounce his name. Absolute devotion is what is required.

Should I say my 2 cents?

Guest Melvin1

May the Lord Govinda be merciful to me:

Hare Christna Hare Christna Christna Christna Hare Hare... Hare Kristna Hare Kristna Kristna Kristna Hare Hare...

I'm not talking about the mantra.I am talking about the Names.

Kanayya

Kanea

Kanua

Kanha

Govind

Govindaa

Priyatama

laala

laadli

etc.

Tell me one place in the Vedas where the Supreme Tattva(Radhika) is addressed as 'Laadli'.

Guest Melvin1

I'm not talking about the mantra.I am talking about the Names.

Kanayya

Kanea

Kanua

Kanha

Govind

Govindaa

Priyatama

laala

laadli

etc.

Tell me one place in the Vedas where the Supreme Tattva(Radhika) is addressed as 'Laadli'.

Well, there`s a place Ladli, Delhi. There`s a program Ladli Laxmi Yojana- it`s a view to creating positive thinking about girls among masses, improvement in gender ratio and improving standard education of health of girls apart from laying a solid foundation for them in the future.

Guest Melvin1

হরে কৃষ্ণ হরে কৃষ্ণ কৃষ্ণ কৃষ্ণ হরে হরে হরে রাম হরে রাম রাম রাম হরে হরে

What I see are squares not Bengali.

Guest Melvin1

Update your font list for your OS.

I`m not a computer or software engineer but a doctor of medicine.I can`t seem to remedy the situation. If I see squares from here onwards it means I won`t be able to read the texts you have in stored for me. Oh well.:eek4:

Are you using a mac or pc? :) The bengali font should be visible because it is unicode. I think Amlesh has a point and it should be easy to remedy. (Maybe just by going to the help section of your computer and searching for font problems.)

হরে কৃষ্ণ হরে কৃষ্ণ কৃষ্ণ কৃষ্ণ হরে হরে হরে রাম হরে রাম রাম রাম হরে হরে

A suggestion is to go to baraha.com and download the application (free) which will probably give you updates to your south asian fonts automatically.

Kṛṣṇa is t spellin of sanskrit ( indo european language) 2nd oldest .. krishna is t pronounciation of dravida language ancient tamil.. well krish n christ u can knw t simillarities.. krsh t aspect of t (father- narayana) so is jesus christ .. so its clearly a newer form of pratice created by t indo europeanz.. while "fanatics" claim they r t great cuz of their ignorance or lost of identity ..

Gender of a Sanskrit noun

Like German, Sanskrit nouns come in three genders, masculine, feminine, and neuter. Gender of a noun is often irrelevant to the noun in question; i.e. "book", pustakam, is a neuter noun, "army", camUH, is a feminine noun, and "mountain", girih, is a masculine noun. However, the gender of the noun as a function of grammar matches the gender of the noun as a function of semantics, if there is one; i.e. the word for "man", puruSaH, is a masculine noun, while "girl". kanyA, is feminine.

कृष्णः is male. कृष्ण is female. We do write रामः

Any Sanskrit pundit who can throw some light on this?

Gender of a Sanskrit noun

कृष्णः is male. कृष्ण is female. We do write रामः

Any Sanskrit pundit who can throw some light on this?

I'm no pundit, but I'm pretty sure you got the female version of Krsna different from the generally accepted way.

As I've understood... कृष्ण is the son of Yashoda and कृष्णा is the daughter of Draupada.

I`m not a computer or software engineer but a doctor of medicine.I can`t seem to remedy the situation. If I see squares from here onwards it means I won`t be able to read the texts you have in stored for me. Oh well.:eek4:

well, when I'm sick, I don't cry for not being a doctor. I go and see a doctor.

BTW, I'm an S.E, you can ask me.. and I can ask you when I'm sick.

BARTER SYSTEM revived.

Cheers.

Guest Melvin1

well, when I'm sick, I don't cry for not being a doctor. I go and see a doctor.

BTW, I'm an S.E, you can ask me.. and I can ask you when I'm sick.

BARTER SYSTEM revived.

Cheers.

I`m using Windows XP not Windows 98( Sonic Yogi`s question answered).

Yes, Amlesh. You teach me how to operate the system & I`ll share with you my experiences ( practice) in the art of medicine for the past 22 years.:)

Guest Melvin1

ive sentyou fonts did you install them

yes. Thank you, sant. I`m still trying to figure it out how to install these fonts.:)