IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sambya

Sudra's swadharma and smriti texts

Rate this topic

im sure that you would agree that there is a huge difference between the service that you are suggesting and the one that im speaking of ......

Yes, as the society degrades, sudras are easily victimized and abused by other varnas. Still, this is an aberration of the ideal system presented by Krsna, just like the wealthy and exploitative brahmanas are an aberration of that system.

One note on the smriti texts... smritis were re-edited and re-written many, many times over the centuries, some even quite recently (15th to 17th century). However, the stories and ideas they contain date back to very acient times. They always were the supplements and commentaries to the srutis, but unlike the srutis they were often re-written and expanded, which is quite evident from their language and structure. Without them it would be quite impossible to understand the srutis. The oral tradition of ancient time was eventually written down and it became smriti.

where did i criticise the shrutis ? :eek3:

how do you know i follow tantra ? is it merely because i have a pic of kali as my avatar ?

hi hi hi !!!!!! :)

Muslim following tantra??

Not many i know of.

Btw, Sambya you havent answered my question who is your god.Swear on god and answer it.

When Bhaktivinoda spoke of introducing daivi-varnashrama he wanted to correct the injustices of the caste system that was all around him. When Prabhupada spoke of introducing daivi-varnashrama he wanted to organize the entire human society in a manner conducive to developing Krsna consciousness. In both cases these were idealistic (perhaps even utopian) dreams that never materialized.

In the social sense Iskcon is very much a failure, and the management model introduced by Prabhupada lags far behind just about any current 'karmi' system, producing mostly abusive leaders and mostly unhappy followers. IMO it is a good thing that varnashrama was never implemented in Iskcon as it most likely would have ended being a disaster far worse than the gurukula debacle.

Kulpavana what r saying krisna has mentione swadharm r u denying the gita

I am not denying Gita. Did you even read my earlier post about sudra-svadharma? Gita presents the ideal - it is up to us to strive towards that ideal, whether we are brahmanas or sudras. Yet ultimately Krsna's instruction is:

sarva-dharman parityajya

mam ekam saranam vraja

aham tvam sarva-papebhyo

moksayisyami ma sucah

U see her posts asking relevance of truthfulness in sadhana she herself IS SHOWING HOW UNTRUTHFUL SHE IS ARE YOU UNDERSTANDING

Sambya is a muslim many times i made it clear with evidence.

He will avoid this question.I asked him to swear on god and say he is not a muslim.

If he swears on god and say he is not a muslim i will apologize and remove all my posts on him.

When Bhaktivinoda spoke of introducing daivi-varnashrama he wanted to correct the injustices of the caste system that was all around him. When Prabhupada spoke of introducing daivi-varnashrama he wanted to organize the entire human society in a manner conducive to developing Krsna consciousness. In both cases these were idealistic (perhaps even utopian) dreams that never materialized.

In the social sense Iskcon is very much a failure, and the management model introduced by Prabhupada lags far behind just about any current 'karmi' system, producing mostly abusive leaders and mostly unhappy followers. IMO it is a good thing that varnashrama was never implemented in Iskcon as it most likely would have ended being a disaster far worse than the gurukula debacle.

its true that the failures of iskcon as an organization is evident and its faults many . but inspite of my criticisms and sarcasm i have to give them the credit of introducing hindu thoughts( though distorted at times) on a large scale in the western lands .

If he swears on god and say he is not a muslim i will apologize and remove all my posts on him.

chandu , what if i falsely swear by god ? of course i wouldnt be doing such a thing out of my own morals . but just consider the situatuion if i lie ?

do you think that is a good way of judging me ? what proof can you get whether im being truthfull while swearing or not ? if im really a muslim who intends to spread hate ( as you claim me to be) then isnt it obvious that i would be adept at lying . would i be scared of god ?

secondly vaishnava doctrine maintains that swearing by the name of your ishtadevata is not good . because he is our most loved one . how can someone swear by him whom he loves the most . i try to follow this rule and refrain from swearing .

lastly im not under compulsion to proove that im a hindu or a muslim to anyone . im not a muslim . youre free to believe it or not !!!!

chandu , what if i falsely swear by god ?

lastly im not under compulsion to proove that im a hindu or a muslim to anyone . im not a muslim . youre free to believe it or not !!!!

So , you are accepting that you are a muslim.

A muslim wont swear on god and say lies.I know that.

on a serious note dont drag in parents here . its not keeping with the desired etiquettes .

Not at all.I said in the remote chance that you dont know this.That is just for your info only.No need to share with us what u learn from that query.