आपो ह यद बर्हतीर्विश्वमायन गर्भं दधानाजनयन्तीरग्निम ।

ततो देवानां समवर्ततासुरेकःकस्मै देवाय हविषा विधेम ॥

यश्चिदापो महिना पर्यपश्यद दक्षं दधानाजनयन्तीर्यज्ञम ।

यो देवेष्वधि देव एक आसीत कस्मैदेवाय हविषा विधेम ॥

मा नो हिंसीज्जनिता यः पर्थिव्या यो वा दिवंसत्यधर्मा जजान ।

यश्चापश्चन्द्रा बर्हतीर्जजानकस्मै देवाय हविषा विधेम ॥

परजापते न तवदेतान्यन्यो विश्वा जातानि परि ताबभूव ।

यत्कामास्ते जुहुमस्तन नो अस्तु वयं सयाम पतयोरयीणाम ॥

In the beginning was the Divinity in his splendour, manifested as the sole Lord of land, skies, water, space and that beneath and He upheld the earth and the heavens.

Who is the deity we shall worship with our offerings?

It is He who bestows soul-force and vigor, whose guidance all men invoke, the Devas invoke whose shadow is immortal life and death.

It is He who by His greatness became the One King of the breathing and the seeing, who is the Lord of man and bird and beast.

It is He through whose glory the snow-clad mountains rose, and the ocean spread with the river, they say. His arms are the quarters of the sky.

Who is the deity we shall worship with our offerings ?

It is He through whom the heaven is strong and the earth firm, who has steadied the light and the sky's vault, and measured out the sphere of clouds in the mid-region.

Who is the deity we shall worship with our offering?

It is He to whom heaven and earth, placed in the light by his grace, look up, radiant with the mind while over them the sun, rising, brightly shines.

When the mighty waters came, carrying the universal germ, producing the flame of life, then dwelt there in harmony the One Spirit of the Devas.

It is He who in his might surveyed the waters, conferring skill and creating worship - He, the God of gods, the One and only One.

Father of the world - may He not destroy us who with Truth as his Law made the heavens and produced waters, vast and beautiful.

Lord of creation! No one other than thee pervades all these that have come into being.

May that be ours, for which our prayers rise, may we be masters of many treasures!

-- (RV 10:121)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiranyagarbha

I think our true self is Hiranyagarbha, we share the same self, but most of us don't know that we are god, therefore we live in that reality where we don't know who we are. So we are not god in the illusion that we live in, but when the illusion dissapears, and it will for everyone, then we are one with god again. We are god and we are not god at the same time.

Guest Melvin1

I think our true self is Hiranyagarbha, we share the same self, but most of us don't know that we are god, therefore we live in that reality where we don't know who we are. So we are not god in the illusion that we live in, but when the illusion dissapears, and it will for everyone, then we are one with god again. We are god and we are not god at the same time.

Just know your identity if you are a god. Are you say, Siva or Narada? Only say the word and you shall be healed? Many schizophrenics do that.

Melvin, In Bhagavad-gita 9.4 Krishna himself says: "By Me, in My unmanifested form, this entire universe is pervaded. All beings are in Me...". This can only mean that ultimately everything is God.

(In terms of chaos, we are just an ignorant discontinuous phase-projection of this singular all pervading consciousness or God.. :))

"..All Beings are in Me,But I am NOT in them."

You seemed to have missed this.

Sri Krsna manifested His Universal Form.

It is a challenge from the vaishnavas,"Let any liberated person display this Universal Form."

If someone does it,we shall accept it.

Brahm has multitude of energies,especially the Cit/Swarupa sakti.So if a liberated person becomes Brahm,he should be able to be "Kartum akartum anyatha kartum samarth"- as the vedas speak of Brahm in this way.

So is any mukta Kartum akartum anyatha kartum samarth ???

Can any mukta project,maintain and Destroy the infinitude of Universes ???

The vedanta states "Jagad vyapar varrjam.."

So can this 'Brahm'/ Mukta be capable of being called "Jagad vyapar varrjam.."

No.Only Bhagavan retains full control over His multitude of Energies.

The Veda states that there is Only One God,"Eko devah.."

The vedas are meant for us.So they are telling us(Muktas,Jnyanis,Bhaktas,Chandalas all included),"There is This One Person(deva) who expands and Pervades the entire Creation."

The veda NEVER,NOT EVEN ONCE says,"Eh Jeevatma ,You pervade this entire creation !"

No.

It says,"HE pervades...NOT you."

Further the Veda tells us,"There is no one equal to Him and neither is there anyone greater than Him."

Srimad Bhagavatam stresses this point twice,"There is no one Equal to Him,forget being greater than Him."

So we should accept this 16yr old Kanua as master,Supreme,Unborn,Greatest,Supreme Controller.

This is the vision I have seen about Hiranyagarbha:

All the universes lies in Hiranyagarbha, Hiranyagarbha has all within it, there is nothing outside of it, so that means we are in Hiranyagarbha and Hiranyagarbha is not in us, but at one point, in the beginning, we were one with Hiranyagarbha, so it is a part of us, and it is our first self.

Hiranyagarbha has a shining center, like a star, and there are four gods who teach the beings in Hiranyagarbha before they start their journey in some universe, two of these gods are Krsna and Shiva, I can't identify the other two, Krsna is also the lord of this universe, I think Krsna speaks out of his Hiranyagarbha-self.

When this universe started, they built it out of one being, that I have recognized as Búri from Norse mythology.

"..All Beings are in Me,But I am NOT in them."

You seemed to have missed this.

I didn’t overlook this last part of BG 9.4: "but I am not in them". I deliberately omitted it, because I wanted to make the point that everything is God: "By Me, in My unmanifested form, this entire universe is pervaded. All beings are in Me…". This cannot be misunderstood.

The literal Sanskrit text says: "I am not situated in them". And in his purport, Prabhupada is also a bit vague about it, when he restates the whole verse as: "I am everywhere, and everything is in Me, but still I am aloof".

Anyway, the verse says: "By Me, in My unmanifested form, this entire universe is pervaded". The verse doesn’t say: "By My energy the entire universe is pervaded". I don’t see a way around the interpretation that God himself physically pervades the entire universe. And I think that the last part, "I am not (situated) in them", simply means that we are a part of God and not the other way round.

Krishna seems to state here that He is our universe or our consciousness, but simultaneously He is more than our universe and we are only a (small) conscious part of Him. It also means that Krishna is more than our ego or our body. He is our entire universe!

Bhagavad-gita As It Is 9.4

maya tatam idam sarvam

jagad avyakta-murtina

mat-sthani sarva-bhutani

na caham teshv avasthitah

SYNONYMS

maya -- by Me; tatam -- pervaded; idam -- this; sarvam -- all; jagat -- cosmic manifestation; avyakta-murtina -- by the unmanifested form; mat-sthani -- in Me; sarva-bhutani -- all living entities; na -- not; ca -- also; aham -- I; teshu -- in them; avasthitah -- situated.

TRANSLATION

By Me, in My unmanifested form, this entire universe is pervaded. All beings are in Me, but I am not in them.

PURPORT

The Supreme Personality of Godhead is not perceivable through the gross material senses. It is said,

atah sri-krishna-namadi

na bhaved grahyam indriyaih

sevonmukhe hi jihvadau

svayam eva sphuraty adah

(Bhakti-rasamrita-sindhu 1.2.234)

Lord Sri Krishna's name, fame, pastimes, etc., cannot be understood by material senses. Only to one who is engaged in pure devotional service under proper guidance is He revealed. In the Brahma-samhita (5.38) it is stated, premanjana-cchurita-bhakti-vilocanena santah sadaiva hridayeshu vilokayanti: one can see the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Govinda, always within himself and outside himself if one has developed the transcendental loving attitude towards Him. Thus for people in general He is not visible. Here it is said that although He is all-pervading, everywhere present, He is not conceivable by the material senses. This is indicated here by the word avyakta-murtina. But actually, although we cannot see Him, everything is resting in Him. As we have discussed in the Seventh Chapter, the entire material cosmic manifestation is only a combination of His two different energies -- the superior, spiritual energy and the inferior, material energy. Just as the sunshine is spread all over the universe, the energy of the Lord is spread all over the creation, and everything is resting in that energy.

Yet one should not conclude that because He is spread all over He has lost His personal existence. To refute such an argument the Lord says, "I am everywhere, and everything is in Me, but still I am aloof." For example, a king heads a government which is but the manifestation of the king's energy; the different governmental departments are nothing but the energies of the king, and each department is resting on the king's power. But still one cannot expect the king to be present in every department personally. That is a crude example. Similarly, all the manifestations that we see and everything that exists, both in this material world and in the spiritual world, are resting on the energy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The creation takes place by the diffusion of His different energies, and, as stated in the Bhagavad-gita, vishtabhyaham idam kritsnam: He is everywhere present by His personal representation, the diffusion of His different energies.

http://vedabase.net/bg/9/4/en1

im talking bout this

Now, as we have mentioned, out of the eight material elements, the finest is ahaGkAra, the ego. Ego cannot be abolished; it will always be there. But the ego has to be cleansed. Therefore the bhakti-mArga, the path of devotional service, is a cleansing process, a clearing process (ceto-darpana-mArjanam [Cc. Antya 20.12]). The mind, the intelligence, the ego--everything remains, but they have to be cleansed. That is Caitanya MahAprabhu's mission.

Why not? Maybe you are considering if the advaita cartoon description is true?

It is the cartoon of the circle and a dot. The dot is in the center of the circle.

When you find the center, the "circumference" disappears. Then, the dot disappears.

(Note: Most people are off on a tangent.)

In my view, that is nihilism unless you realize it is no longer necessary to say there is more than One.

I do not have that realization however. I know I am not all of that. Nevertheless I feel I can touch all of that and that I believe is completely natural.

If such-ness is your question, I have answered. If no-mind, ask a zen buddhist if no-mind is not nihilism. I understand no-mind is "mushin" ref: wikipedia.

My exposure to zen and zen koans is limited. I believe zen and zen koans are about reality and be-ing fully present in the moment.

Is krsnah an ego?

-----------------

Krishna has an ego - a spiritual ego.

There are two kinds of ego; real and false.

In illusion we all have false ego.

In Krishna consciousness we have our real ego as servants of Krishna.

We have ego because Krishna has ego, but that ego must be purified for it to be spiritual.

Yes it is to be purified.It cannot be VANQUISHED or DESTROYED.

Aray,even in Brahm jyana of these Jynanis,they RETAIN THEIR PERSONALITIES.

Sri Shankaracharya himself states that in his commentary on Nrsimha tapani Upanishad that the Mukta RETURNS AFTER BRAHMNYANA TO WORSHIP THE SUPREME LORD NRSIMHA.(i.e. muktas TOO retain their personalities.)

So Jeevatma NEVER BECOMES Brahm.This is nonsense that all the jnanis say.Becoz This is simply due to the fact that Brahm is satta matra brahm.It protects it's SATTA/Supreme Position/Svarupa and so does Jeevatma,being cit/conscious,NEVER gets stripped of its Svarupa(atomic,Tatastha/marginality,etc.)

Guest Melvin1

Krishna has an ego - a spiritual ego.

There are two kinds of ego; real and false.

In illusion we all have false ego.

In Krishna consciousness we have our real ego as servants of Krishna.

We have ego because Krishna has ego, but that ego must be purified for it to be spiritual.

Krsna is transcendental or inconceivable. It means He can`t be understood. Form what chapter or verse in Srimad Bhagavatam did you get that description which says Krsna has a spiritual ego.

Krsna is transcendental or inconceivable. It means He can`t be understood. Form what chapter or verse in Srimad Bhagavatam did you get that description which says Krsna has a spiritual ego.

Obviously, you seem to have some idea that ego in itself is a derogatory term.

It is not. It is Latin for "I" and also means "self".

Don't get ego confused with false ego.

False ego is the illusory conception that the body is the self or that the mind or intelligence is the self.

Real ego is to know oneself as spirit soul - part and parcel of Krishna.

If Krishna didn't have an ego he would not exist as the ego is the self.

Look at the dictionary definition and try to understand, then you won't be asking for some shastric proof that Krishna has an ego.

If you can just understand the meaning of the word it will all be clear to you.

<input name="book" value="Dictionary" type="hidden"> <input name="quer" value="ego" type="hidden"> <input name="jump" type="hidden"> <input name="list" value="va:5,0,0,0|ego=50850053|alter ego=2004552251|ego ideal=2050858547|ego trip=2050876802|et in Arcadia ego=2184812024" type="hidden">

<dl><dt class="hwrd">Main Entry:</dt><dd class="hwrd">ego audio.gif</dd><dt class="pron">Pronunciation:</dt><dd class="pron"> \ˈē-(ˌ)gō also ˈe-\ </dd><dt class="func">Function:</dt><dd class="func">noun </dd><dt class="inf">Inflected Form(s):</dt><dd class="inf">plural egos</dd><dt class="ety">Etymology:</dt><dd class="ety">New Latin, from Latin, I — more at i</dd><dt class="date">Date:</dt><dd class="date">1789</dd></dl> 1: the self especially as contrasted with another self or the world

It is so elementary that the idea of requiring shastric proof that Krishna has an ego is ridiculous.