IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Wikipedia: Prema or absolute love for Krishna culminates with oneness with God..

Rate this topic

This is what scholars publish at Wikipedia, become one with God, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaitanya_Mahaprabhu

Chaitanya's epistemological, theological and ontological teachings are summarized as ten roots or maxims dasa mula:<sup id="cite_ref-26" class="reference">[27]</sup>

1. Vedic scriptures such as Bhagavad-gita and Upanishads are the highest form of evidence by whose authority the following nine truths are established:
  2. Krishna is the supreme absolute Reality.
  3. Krishna is endowed with all energies summarized as internal (transcendental), marginal (living entities), and external (material nature).
  4. Krishna is an ocean of unity.
  5. The living entities are in reality Krishna and not individuals.
  6. Some living entities are in a conditioned state under the influence of the material energy and thus believe themselves to be individuals rather than spirit.
  7. Other living entities are in a state of transcendence free from material conditioning - Jivanmuktas.
  8. The living entities and the material nature are Achintya Bheda Abheda inconceivably one with and different from Krishna.
  9. Bhakti or pure devotion for Krishna is one of many means of relief from material conditioning.
  10. Prema or absolute love for Krishna culminates with oneness with God..

Guest Melvin1

This is what scholars publish at Wikipedia, become one with God, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaitanya_Mahaprabhu

Chaitanya's epistemological, theological and ontological teachings are summarized as ten roots or maxims dasa mula:<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-26>[27]</SUP>

1. Vedic scriptures such as Bhagavad-gita and Upanishads are the highest form of evidence by whose authority the following nine truths are established:
  2. Krishna is the supreme absolute Reality.
  3. Krishna is endowed with all energies summarized as internal (transcendental), marginal (living entities), and external (material nature).
  4. Krishna is an ocean of unity.
  5. The living entities are in reality Krishna and not individuals.
  6. Some living entities are in a conditioned state under the influence of the material energy and thus believe themselves to be individuals rather than spirit.
  7. Other living entities are in a state of transcendence free from material conditioning - Jivanmuktas.
  8. The living entities and the material nature are Achintya Bheda Abheda inconceivably one with and different from Krishna.
  9. Bhakti or pure devotion for Krishna is one of many means of relief from material conditioning.
  10. Prema or absolute love for Krishna culminates with oneness with God..

I like to touch on no.5, " The living entities are in reality Krsna and not individuals." In other words, if I were Krsna in the past life then how did I become an individual in the present life?

Or do I belong to no.6, " Some living entities are in a conditioned state under the influence of the material energy and thus believed themselves to be individuals rather than spirit"?

I never knew Krsna 3 decades ago even if I was regularly playing with my guitar and singing the song, "My Sweet Lord" composed by Beatle George Harrison. Not until I read Srimad Bhagavatam translated from sanskrit to english by Srila Prabhupada did I know that Krsna was the Supreme Personality of Godhead and not God the Father as I was made to believe in the religion, Catholicism, I was baptized with after birth.

What if my childhood friend, Gaurasundara das, did not let me borrow his 64 volumes of Srimad Bhavagavatam. Where would I be now( no. 6)?

I fixed it.

Did you mean to disable the links in 8. (Achintya Bheda Abheda) and 9. (Bhakti)? They seemed relevant. Also there is a protocol for editing a page on wikipedia. A discussion is entered into with other devotees who have an interest in that page. You post your intent and the wording you propose. Others give you feedback. You may be right in your changes but if everyone doesn't follow some kind of protocol then it would change back and forth daily - creating chaos. Also other devotees may feel disrespected and slighted. Please start here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Chaitanya_Mahaprabhu

Thanks Shiva prabhu, this looks good!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaitanya_Mahaprabhu

Just one more thing they uploaded a pic, "Universal Form",

Wonder what this is where I put the question mark?

r2179u.jpg

This picture has some horrific aspects.... :eek:

Aside from the gruesome face in the back you pointed at, I am seeing another creepy face on Lord's chest, reddish with blood, and one of the Visnu forms is holding a sword which is red with blood as well at the top near the hand. Also the suggestion is made that the central figure has a hollow inside wherein a fire is burning, something like an all-consuming sacrificial fire. Advaita Acarya has a big stain of blood on his dhoti. It looks as if he is being persuaded by Chaitanya Mahaprabhu to offer himself to Moloch and is begging to be excused from his fate...

I wonder who put this devilish work together. The devil himself? :mad2:

Guest Melvin1

This picture has some horrific aspects.... :eek:

Aside from the gruesome face in the back you pointed at, I am seeing another creepy face on Lord's chest, reddish with blood, and one of the Visnu forms is holding a sword which is red with blood as well at the top near the hand. Also the suggestion is made that the central figure has a hollow inside wherein a fire is burning, something like an all-consuming sacrificial fire. Advaita Acarya has a big stain of blood on his dhoti. It looks as if he is being persuaded by Chaitanya Mahaprabhu to offer himself to Moloch and is begging to be excused from his fate...

I wonder who put this devilish work together. The devil himself? :mad2:

I think my eyes are not the way they used to be. I cant see those defects in the picture mentioned above. Maybe I need to focus more my eyes on that wonderful boy from Vrndavan playing the flute. Frolicking in the forest with his cowherd friends.:cool:

I think my eyes are not the way they used to be. I cant see those defects in the picture mentioned above. Maybe I need to focus more my eyes on that wonderful boy from Vrndavan playing the flute. Frolicking in the forest with his cowherd friends.:cool:

You should look at this picture in its original size:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/47/Universal_Form.jpg

Why are you pointing at a happy picture where I am trying to point at an unhappy picture? Evasiveness is all-pervading, both with the spiritualist and with the non-spiritualist...

What is Lord holding in his right hand, the one with the chakra? Can anybody tell me? It's a conspiracy, I am telling you. :eek2:

Guest Melvin1

You should look at this picture in its original size:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/47/Universal_Form.jpg

Why are you pointing at a happy picture where I am trying to point at an unhappy picture? Evasiveness is all-pervading, both with the spiritualist and with the non-spiritualist...

What is Lord holding in his right hand, the one with the chakra? Can anybody tell me? It's a conspiracy, I am telling you. :eek2:

Conspiracy or not. Maybe it is what the editors would want to portray of the Universal form of God. It`s a different ballgame if the editors picture Govinda holding a flute with blood stains on it. Then I`d really get :mad2: :mad2:

This is nothing but masala .What is the necessity to glorify

Chaitanya Mahaprabhu?.

Are u people bored of discussing krishna and his leelas?

Sri Caitanya Caritamrta

vande 'nantādbhutaiśvaryaḿ

śrī-caitanya-mahāprabhum

nīco 'pi yat-prasādāt syād

bhakti-śāstra-pravartakaḥ

"Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu, who has unlimited, wonderful opulences. By His mercy, even a person born as the lowest of men can spread the science of devotional service."

First off, dearest brother, Chandu-da, you need to shut the hell up! You may not know this but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Sri Krishna Himself, absorbed in the mood and appearance of Srimati Radharani. Srimati Radharani is always thinking of Krishna, the cowherd and thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is completely mad, constantly meditating upon Krishna's Vraja-lila, He becomes completely absorbed in ecstatic manifestations of krishna-prema . Therefore, if one worships and glorifies Sri Caitanya Maharpabhu he is factually worshipping Sri Sri Radhika Krishna Chandra within the most intimate setting of Sri Vraja Dham, in the most intimate mood of madhurya-rasa and therefore one quickly and easily escapes the obstacles to spiritual life and get vraja krishna-prema. Only by chanting Hare Krishna Maha Mantra and meditating upon Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, one can easily override any obstacles on the path of love of Godhead. So yes, what were you saying about the necessity to glorify Sri Krishna Caitanya Mahaprabhu?

Please excuse my serious language, but I am infuriated if anyone will instigate a fight on topics of whether or not to worship Sri Sri Nitai-Gaura-chandra! If you want to futher this fight, then just save yourself the waste of breath, and give me your physical address so I can just show up and kick your ass up and down the street!

Please, all the assembled sadhus, please forgive my bad language. I am in a bad mood for the rest of the day now.

Lol@ xochitl,

I dont need either caitanya or Srimati Radharani to know the message of krishna.But, i dont need to object either..lol

here is the signature of theist

""If a devotee accepts Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as the <i>universal guru</i> and Lord Jagannatha as the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna, he is benefited by the combined mercy of Krsna and guru." - Madhya 13.18 purport"

suchandra, I agree that that sentence was not correct and needed to be changed. However a number of things were changed - even useful things like the relevant links that I mentioned.

Also as I tried to say before even when change is in order, it would seem to be better to announce it to all on the relevant forum and inform people as to why the changes are being made, if nothing else then just for a 'heads up' (devotees should know that some impersonalists had monkeyed with the page and now it is being corrected). Even better is for interested parties to agree upon the precise language - individuals taking it upon themselves to change back and forth leads to chaos (no disrespect intended towards shiva). Do you agree with anything that I have said?

Before it said, "The living entities are in reality Krishna and not individuals".

You mean to say that devotees feel disrespected when this is changed?

suchandra, I agree that that sentence was not correct and needed to be changed. However a number of things were changed - even useful things like the relevant links that I mentioned.

Also as I tried to say before even when change is in order, it would seem to be better to announce it to all on the relevant forum and inform people as to why the changes are being made, if nothing else then just for a 'heads up' (devotees should know that some impersonalists had monkeyed with the page and now it is being corrected). Even better is for interested parties to agree upon the precise language - individuals taking it upon themselves to change back and forth leads to chaos (no disrespect intended towards shiva). Do you agree with anything that I have said?

Thanks Smiley, I didn't dare to go so far and pronounce on this forum that this sentence at wikipedia ("The living entities are in reality Krishna and not individuals") is not correct and that some impersonalists had monkeyed with the page. Too often they threw the book at me.

Sri Caitanya Caritamrta

vande 'nantādbhutaiśvaryaḿ

śrī-caitanya-mahāprabhum

nīco 'pi yat-prasādāt syād

bhakti-śāstra-pravartakaḥ

"Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu, who has unlimited, wonderful opulences. By His mercy, even a person born as the lowest of men can spread the science of devotional service."

First off, dearest brother, Chandu-da, you need to shut the hell up! You may not know this but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is Sri Krishna Himself, absorbed in the mood and appearance of Srimati Radharani. Srimati Radharani is always thinking of Krishna, the cowherd and thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is completely mad, constantly meditating upon Krishna's Vraja-lila, He becomes completely absorbed in ecstatic manifestations of krishna-prema . Therefore, if one worships and glorifies Sri Caitanya Maharpabhu he is factually worshipping Sri Sri Radhika Krishna Chandra within the most intimate setting of Sri Vraja Dham, in the most intimate mood of madhurya-rasa and therefore one quickly and easily escapes the obstacles to spiritual life and get vraja krishna-prema. Only by chanting Hare Krishna Maha Mantra and meditating upon Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, one can easily override any obstacles on the path of love of Godhead. So yes, what were you saying about the necessity to glorify Sri Krishna Caitanya Mahaprabhu?

Please excuse my serious language, but I am infuriated if anyone will instigate a fight on topics of whether or not to worship Sri Sri Nitai-Gaura-chandra! If you want to futher this fight, then just save yourself the waste of breath, and give me your physical address so I can just show up and kick your ass up and down the street!

Please, all the assembled sadhus, please forgive my bad language. I am in a bad mood for the rest of the day now.

Please don't expect everyone on this forum or in life generally to accept what we accept as the revelation of Mahaprabhu's Divinity...afterall He didn't require it of anyone. He simply induced everyone to chant Hare Krishna in the mood of bhakti.

Hare Krishna

...afterall He didn't require it of anyone. He simply induced everyone to chant Hare Krishna in the mood of bhakti.

Hare Krishna

Said perfectly.He accomplished his mission of increasing krishna consciousness.The rest is all masala of overjealous sectarians.

chandu,why ARE you being so obnoxious. ??

MASALA ???

Do you have any idea what manifestation of Mahabhava means ??

This mahabhava is yearned by Shankara ever so earnestly and constantly.

You are so out of your league here,you don't even know what your dealing with.

Please go and fight with muslims or whatever it is you do.

Over ZEALOUS.