IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sant

vishnu not supreme- proof (no tamasic texts have i mentioned)?

Rate this topic

Dear Gita Dharm I Am Not Offending Hindus

Please I Apologise If I Have Offende You Or Others

I Agree That One Should Concentrate On Sadhana

But Gyaan Batne Se Badta Hai

This Site Is For Doing Discussions

So I Am Making A Point By Providing Shastric Texts

So That Various Bhakts Can See

... WHERE DID ABRAHAM COME FROM HERE IN THIS THREAD

From me, because I think it is more useful to talk about than which Hindu Deity is Supreme

(which I think is harmful to the Dharma)

... AND WHAT IS THE ISSUE IF SOMEONE FOLLOWS ABRAHAMIC RELIGION ALSO DO YOU FIND IT WRONG ? WHY?

This comment is the main one that I am interested in. It is not "wrong" for someone to follow their conscience (on an individual level), and once they do I will not criticize them. However there may be cultural and social fallout (www.hinduhumanrights.org) springing from the aggregate of those individual decisions. The situation in Indonesia, the bloody partition of India in 1948 "with estimates of loss of life varying from several hundred thousand to a million" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_of_India) and the plight of Hindus in Kashmir, Pakistan and Bangladesh are just a few examples. Therefore before a person makes a choice to convert it is useful to try to influence them - not by criticizing the Abrahamic religions but by educating them on the glories of Sanatana Dharma since there is nothing wrong with being a Hindu either!

PLEASE TELL WHAT IS SANATAN DHARMA ACCORDING TO YOU?

DO YOU EVEN KNOW (NO OFFFENCE)

Here are some videos I uploaded: www.youtube.com/GitaDharma

My website is linked to below.

Lord Krishna says:

Bhagavad-gītā As It Is 7.6

etad-yonīni bhūtāni

sarvāṇīty upadhāraya

ahaḿ kṛtsnasya jagataḥ

prabhavaḥ pralayas tathā

SYNONYMS

etat — these two natures; yonīni — whose source of birth; bhūtāni — everything created; sarvāṇi — all; iti — thus; upadhāraya — know; aham — I; kṛtsnasya — all-inclusive; jagataḥ — of the world; prabhavaḥ — the source of manifestation; pralayaḥ — annihilation; tathā — as well as.

TRANSLATION

All created beings have their source in these two natures. Of all that is material and all that is spiritual in this world, know for certain that I am both the origin and the dissolution.

PURPORT

Everything that exists is a product of matter and spirit. Spirit is the basic field of creation, and matter is created by spirit. Spirit is not created at a certain stage of material development. Rather, this material world is manifested only on the basis of spiritual energy. This material body is developed because spirit is present within matter; a child grows gradually to boyhood and then to manhood because that superior energy, spirit soul, is present. Similarly, the entire cosmic manifestation of the gigantic universe is developed because of the presence of the Supersoul, Viṣṇu. Therefore spirit and matter, which combine to manifest this gigantic universal form, are originally two energies of the Lord, and consequently the Lord is the original cause of everything. A fragmental part and parcel of the Lord, namely the living entity, may be the cause of a big skyscraper, a big factory, or even a big city, but he cannot be the cause of a big universe. The cause of the big universe is the big soul, or the Supersoul. And Kṛṣṇa, the Supreme, is the cause of both the big and small souls. Therefore He is the original cause of all causes. This is confirmed in the Kaṭha Upaniṣad (2.2.13). Nityo nityānāḿ cetanaś cetanānām.

So, this means that Krishna, not Kali is God.

Lord Krishna says:....

So, this means that Krishna, not Kali is God.

Applying the same logic,

Allah is the Supreme; No vision can grasp him...Quran 6:103

So, this mean that Allah, not Krishna is God.

The Gita has no value to the the Kali worshipper. He has his own sources. It is a display of stark ignorance to imagine my scriptures apply to the entire world.

Cheers

Applying the same logic,

So, this mean that Allah, not Krishna is God.

The Gita has no value to the the Kali worshipper. He has his own sources. It is a display of stark ignorance to imagine my scriptures apply to the entire world.

Cheers

No material vision can grasp Allah.

Because Allah is transcendental to material vision.

It takes spiritual vision to see Allah, with the eyes of love.

Allah is Krishna.

Krishna is Allah.

Allah akbar!!!!!!!!!!

Allah (the ONE God) Akbar (is great)

Definitely, Allah, the ONE God whose name is Krishna is GREAT!!!!(akbar)

ALLAH AKBAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH, yes we agree and bow down to ALLAH!!!!!!!!!

Sonic Yogi, do you also accept the teachings of the Koran,

including its doctrine that Allah is disgusted with the

worshipers of images?

Allah is Krishna.

Krishna is Allah.

Allah akbar!!!!!!!!!!

Allah (the ONE God) Akbar (is great)

Definitely, Allah, the ONE God whose name is Krishna is GREAT!!!!(akbar)

shakt do not say kali is god

they worship the brahman

kali is just a saguna form of the brahman

ask any good shakt and he will tell you

even shaiv pray to sadashiv the formless god

besides this topic is in the other theard of whos god not here

Devi bhagavatham is not even of the 18 puranas. it is one of the sub-puranas. moreover it has been put into sub-purana by replacing "Gayathri purana".

Moreover, i respect "Unviersal mother ie., Goddess Mahalakshmi, Durga", sametime this purana contradicts all other puranas (just like shivapurana). So it cant be taken as authentic.

Devi bhagavatham is not even of the 18 puranas. it is one of the sub-puranas. moreover it has been put into sub-purana by replacing "Gayathri purana".

Moreover, i respect "Unviersal mother ie., Goddess Mahalakshmi, Durga", sametime this purana contradicts all other puranas (just like shivapurana). So it cant be taken as authentic.

And Vaishnava Puranas classify Shaiva Puranas as tamasic. But which Shaiva heeds that nonsense?

Similarly, Devi worshippers do not attach value to the opinions of Vaishnava, Shaiva sects.

Cheers

Your a very big rascalThis is a concocted text or translation.

First and foremost,Sri Ramachandra,walkin in the forest,searching madly for Sita,has been accounted for in the Ramayana clearly as "Leela".

In the Ramacharita manasa,Uma(devi) is said to have become deluded when She sees her husband,Lord Shankara,bowing before such a 'madman'.

She thinks,"My husband is Jagadisa,Lord of this universe.He is jagadvanda,eliglibe to be worshipped by this universe,why is He prostrating before an ordinary human and calling him "Sat.Chit.Ananda BRahm ??I will test him"

BUT

In the SAME ramyana,Sri Shankara later states,"Parvati,you are an excellent actress.You have no doubts in your heart,yet your acting like a ignorant fool.You are bhagavati." he says.

JUST SEE THE DIFFERENCE.

Ignorant persons,with absolutely NO REALISATION will write any nonsense.But the mahatmas are the ones who can pierce the transcendental Leela.Uma/Shankara are never shown down in the Vaishnava scriptures.

Foolish people,exactly like the followers of petty lords/leaders,fabricate any nonsense,write some gibberish to glorify their favourite deities.

Swami Vijñanananda IS THE DISCIPLE OF RAMAKRSHNA PARAMHANS

SO THAT SURELY MAKES HIM QUALIFIED

PLEASE READ THE TEXT AS EVEN SWAMI VIJNANADA SAYS THAT KRISHNA IS GOD AND DURGA IS ONE OF HIS SHAKTI IN SOME PARTS

O Child Nârada! Now I will describe to you about the Fifth S’akti, the Devî Râdhikâ. Hear. She is the Presiding Deity of the five Prânas; She Herself is the Life of all; dearer than life even to S’rî Krisna; and She is highly more beautiful and superior to all the other Prakriti Devîs. She dwells in everything; She is very proud of Her good fortune (Saubhâgyam); Her glory is infinite; and She is the wife, the left body, as it were, of S’rî Krisna and She is not in any way inferior to Him, either in quality or in the Tejas (Fiery Spirit) or in any other thing. She is higher than the Highest; the Essence of all, infinitely superior, the First of all, Eternal, of the nature of the Highest Bliss, fortunate, highly respected, and worshipped by all. She is, the Presiding Devî of the Râsa Lîlâ of S’rî Krisna. From Her has sprung the Râsa mandalam and She is the Grace and the Ornament of the Râsa mandalam (the dance in a circle in Râsa).

http://www.astrojyoti.com/devibhagavatam45.htm

Kaisersose,you rascal.

What do you have to say to this ?

42-57. Let you divide yourself in parts and turn into smaller Virâts in every universe. Brahmâ will spring from your navel and will create the cosmos. From the forehead of that Brahmâ will spring eleven Rudras for the destruction of the creation. But they will all be parts of S’iva. The Rudra named Kâlâgni, of these eleven Rudras, will be the destroyer of all this Vis’vas (cosmos). Besides, from each of your sub-divisions, the Vis’nu will originate and that Bhagavân Visnu will be the Preserver of this Vis’vu world. I say that under my favour you will always be full of Bhakti towards Me and no sooner you meditate on Me, you will be able to see My lovely form. There is no doubt in this; and your Mother, Who resides in My breast, will not be difficult for you to see. Let you remain here in ease and comfort. I now go to Goloka. Saying thus S’ri Krisna, the Lord of the world disappeared. Going to His own abode He spoke instantly to Brahmâ and S’ankara, skilled in the works of creation and destruction:-- “O Child Brahmâ! Go quickly and be born in parts from the navels of each of the smaller Virâts that will arise from the pores of the Great Virât. O Child Mahâdeva! Go and be born in parts from the forehead of each Brahmâ in every universe for the destruction of the creation; (but be careful that you not forget) and perform austerities for a long, long time. O son of the Creator Brahmâ! Thus saying, the Lord of the Universe remained silent. Brahmâ and S’iva, the auspicious, bowing to the Lord, went to their own duties. On the other hand, the great Virât that lay floating in the waters of the Brahmânda sphere, created from his every pore each smaller Virât. That youth Janârdan of the form of the Great Cosmos, wearing yellow garment of the bluish-green colour of the Durba grass, lay sleeping pervading everywhere. Brahmâ took his birth in His navel. He, then, after his birth, began to travel in that navel-lotus and in the stem of the lotus for one lakh yugas. But he could not find out the place whence the lotus or its stem had sprung up. O Nârada! Then your father became very anxious and came back to his former place and began to meditate on the lotus feet of S’ri Krisna. Then, in meditation, with his introspective eye, he first saw the small Virât, then the endless great Virât lying on the watery bed, in whose pores the universes are existing and then he saw the God S’ri Krisna in Goloka with Gopas and Gopis. He then began to praise the Lord of Goloka when He granted boons to your father, and he began to do the work of creation

Oh great rascal,Kaisersose,Kindly consider the above information.These are the events leading to "Brahma sanghita" as mentioned in a 'non-vaishnava' scripture.

radha rani

continued

48-70. She is the Lady of the Râsa Lîlâ, the Foremost of the Jovial, humourous (witty) persons and dwells always in Râsa. Her abode is in Goloka and from Her have come out all the Gopîkâs. Râsa – the circular dance of Krisna and the cow-herdesses of Vrindâvana. Her nature is the Highest Bliss, the Highest Contentment, and Excessive Joy; She transcends the three Sattva, Rajo and Tamo Gunas and is Nirâkâra (without any particular form); but She dwells everywhere but unconnected with any. She is the soul of all. She is without any effort to do anything and void of Ahamkâra. She assumes forms only to show Her favour to Her Bhaktas. The intelligent learned men (Pundits) read Her Mahimâ (glories) in meditating on Her according to the Vedas. The chief of the Devas and the Munis could never see Her; Her clothings are fire-proof and She is decorated with many ornaments all over Her body. Her body looks as if the crores of moons have risen all at once; She is the Giver of Bhakti (devotion) towards Krisna, services towards Krisna; and She bestows all wealth and prosperity. In Varâha Kalpa, i.e., when the Varâha incarnation took place, She incarnated Herself as the daughter of one Gopa (cow-herd), named Vrisabhânu. And Earth was blessed by the touch of Her feet. She is such as Brahmâ and the other Devas could never perceive Her by any of their senses, yet everyone at Vrindâvan saw Her very easily. She is the Gem amongst women. And when She is seen on the breast of Krisna, it seems that lightnings flash in the blue mass of clouds in the sky. In days gone by, Brahmâ practised several austerities for sixty thousand years to purify Himself by seeing the nails of Her toe; but far from seeing that, He could not have that even in his dreams. At last He succeeded in seeing Her at Vrindâvana and became blessed. O Child Nârada! This is the fifth Prakriti and She is denominated as Râdhâ. Every female in every Universe is sprung from a part of S’rî Râdhâ or part of a part. O Nârada! Thus I have described to you the five Highest Prakritis, Durgâ and others. Now I am going to describe those that are parts of these Prakritis. Hear. The Ganges, Gangâ has sprung from the lotus feet of Visnu; Her form is fluid-like; She is eternal. And She is the veritable burning fire to burn away the sins of the sinners. She is sweet to touch in taking baths and in drinking; She gives final liberation to the Jîvas, and leads easily to the Goloka abode. She is the holiest amongst the places of pilgrimage and is the first of the running rivers. She is the rows of pearls in the clotted hairs of Mahâdeva’s head and She is the Tapasyâ (asceticism) incarnate of the Tapasvîs (ascetics) of the Bhârata Varsa. This Ganges purifies the three worlds and is the part of Mûlâ Prakriti; She shines like the Full Moon, is white like white lotus and like milk; She is pure S’uddha Sattva, clear, free from any Ahamkâra, chaste and beloved of Nârâyana. The Tulasî Devî is the consort of Visnu. She is the ornament of Nârâyana, and dwells always at the lotus feet of Nârâyana. By Her are performed all the acts of worship, all austerities, and all Sankalpas (resolves). She is the chief of all the flowers, holy and able to give merits (Punyam) to others. At Her sight and touch, Nirvâna can be obtained; and, were it not for Her, there could be no other fire in this Kali Yuga to burn the sins. She Herself is of the nature of Fire and at the touch of Whose lotus-feet, the earth is purified; all the Tîrthas desire to have Her sight and touch for purification and without Her all acts in this world become fruitless. She bestows Moksa (liberation) to those who want final liberation, grants all sorts of desires to several people, Who Herself is like a Kalpa Vriksa, Who is the Presiding Deity of all the trees in Bhârata and Who has come here to grant satisfaction to the ladies of Bhârata Varsa and She is considered very superior throughout all parts of India. This Tulasî Devî is the chief factor of Mûlâ Prakriti.

71-95. Then comes the Manasâ Devî, the daughter of Kas’yapa. She is the dear disciple of S’ankara and is therefore very learned in matters of S’âstras. She is the daughter of Ananta Deva, the Lord of Snakes and is very much respected by all the Nâgas. She Herself is very beautiful, the Lady of the Nâgas, the mother of the Nâgas and is carried by them. She is decorated with ornaments of the Snakes; She is respected by the Nâgendras and She sleeps on the bed of Snakes. She is Siddha Yoginî, the devotee of Visnu and always ready in the worship of Visnu; She is the Tapas and the bestower of the fruits of Tapas. Herself an ascetic, She spent three lakh years (according to the Deva measure) and has become the foremost of the ascetics in Bhâratvarsa. She is the Presiding Deity of all the mantras; Her whole body shines with Brahmâteja (the Holy Fire of Brahmâ). Herself of the nature of Brahmâ, She again meditates on Brahmân. She is sprung from a part of S’rî Krisna and the chaste wife of Jarat Kâru Muni, the mother of Âstika, the great Muni; She is the part of Mûlâ Prakriti. O Child Nârada! Now comes the S’asthî Devî, the Mother of Devasenâ. She is the most superior amongst the Gaurî and the sixteen Mâtrikâs. This chaste woman is the giver of sons and grandsons in the three worlds and the nurse, the foster mother of all. She is the sixth part of Mûlâ Prakriti and is hence known by the name of S’asthî. She lives near to every child as an aged Yoginî. Her worship is everywhere prevalent in the twelve months Vais’âkha, etc. When the child gets born, on the sixth day of Her worship is done in the lying-in-chamber and again on the 21st day (after twenty days have passed away) the most auspicious worshipful ceremony of Her is performed. The Munis bow down to Her with reverence and want to visit Her daily.

She protects all children always with a mother’s affectionate heart. This S’asthî Devî is again the part of Mûlâ Prakriti. Then appears the Devî Mangala Chandikâ. She goes from one house to another, on land or through water or in air, doing great good to them; She has come out of the face of the Prakriti Devî and is doing always all sorts of good to this world. Her name is Mangala Chandî because She is all auspicious at the time of creation and assumes very furious angry appearance at the time of destruction. So the Pundits say. On every Tuesday in all the worlds Her worship is done; and She, when pleased, gives to women sons, grandsons, wealth, prosperity, fame and good of all sorts and grants all desires. This Mangala Chandi is again the part of Mûlâ Prakriti. Now comes the lotus-eyed Mâhes’varî Kâlî who when angry can destroy all this universe in a moment, who sprang from the forehead of the Mûlâ Prakriti, Dûrgâ to slay the two demons S’umbha and Nis’umbha. She is the half-portion of Dûrgâ and qualified like Her, fiery and energetic. The beauty and splendour of whose body make one think as if the millions of suns have arisen simultaneously. Who is the foremost of all the S’aktis and is more powerful than any of them, Who grants success to all the persons, Who is superior to all and is of Yogic nature, Who is exceedingly devoted to Krisna and like Him fiery, well-qualified, and valorous, Whose body has become black by the constant meditation of S’rî Krisna, Who can destroy in one breath this whole Brahmânda, Who was engaged in fighting with the Daityas simply for sport and instruction to the people and Who, when pleased in worship can grant the four fruits Dharma, Artha, Kâma and Moksa. This Kâlî is also the part of Prakriti. The Devî Basundharâ (Earth) is again the part of Mûlâ Prakriti. Brahmâ and the other Devas, all the Muni mandalams (the spheres of Munis), fourteen Manus and all men sing hymns to Her. She is the support of all and filled with all sorts of grains. She is the source of all gems and jewels, She bears in Her womb all the precious metals. All sorts of best things issue from Her. She is the Refuge of all. The subjects and kings worship Her always and chant hymns to Her. All the Jîvas live through Her and She bestows all sorts of wealth and prosperity. Without Her, all this, moving or non-moving, become void of any substratum. Where to rest on!

dev.bhg. book 9 ch.1

This part gives some points about krishna, durga ,shiva

62-88. From the pores of Râdhikâ came out the Gopa Kanyâs (cow-herdesses). They were all equal to Râdhâ and all were Her attendants and were sweet-speaking. Their bodies were all decorated with ornaments of jewels, and their youth was constant, they were all issueless as S’rî Krisna had cursed them thus. O Best of Brâhmanas! On the other hand, suddenly arose Durgâ, the Mâyâ of Visnu (The Highest Self) eternal and whose Deity was Krisna. (N. B. Durgâ was the Avatâra of Mûla Prakriti not the Avatâra of Râdhâ as Laksmî and Sarasvatî were.) She is Nârâyanî; She is Îs’ânî; She is the S’akti of all and She is the Presiding Deity of the intelligence of S’rî Krisna. From Her have come out many other Devîs; She is Mûla Prakriti and She is Îs’varî; no failings or insufficiencies are seen in Her. She is the Tejas (of the nature of Fire) and She is of the nature of the three Gunas. Her colour is bright like the molten gold; Her lustre looks as if ten millions of Suns have simultaneously arisen. She looks gracious always with sweet smile on Her lips, Her hands are one thousand in number. Various weapons are in all Her hands. The clothings of the three-eyed one are bright and purified by Fire. She is decorated with ornaments all of jewels. All the women who are the jewels are sprung from Her parts and parts of parts and by the power of Her Mâyâ, all the people of the world are enchanted. She bestows all the wealth that a householder wants; She bestows on Krisna’s devotees, the devotion towards Krisna; nay, She is the Vaisnavî S’akti of the Vaisnavas. She gives final liberation to those that want such and gives happiness to those that want happiness. She is the Laksmî of the Heavens; as well She is the Laksmî of every household. She is the Tapas of the ascetics, the beauty of the kingdoms of the kings, the burning power of fire, the brilliancy of the Sun, the tender beauty of the Moon, the lovely beauty of the lotus and the S’akti of S’rî Krisna the Highest Self. The Self, the world all are powerful by Her S’akti; without Her everything would be a dreary dead mass. O Nârada! She is the seed of this Tree of World; She is eternal; She is the Stay, She is Intelligence, fruits, hunger, thirst, mercy, sleep, drowsiness, forgiveness, fortitude, peace, bashfulness, nourishment, contentment and lustre. The Mûla Prakriti praising S’rî Krisna stood before Him. The Lord of Râdhikâ then gave Her a throne to sit. O Great Muni! At this moment sprang from the navel lotus the four-faced Brahmâ, with his wife Sâvitrî, an exceedingly beautiful woman. No sooner the four-faced Brahmâ, the foremost of the Jñânins, fond of asceticism and holding Kamandalu in His hand came into being than He began to praise S’rî Krisna by His four mouths. On the other hand the Devî Sâvitrî, with a beauty of one hundred moons, born with great ease, wearing apparel purified by fire and decorated with various ornaments praised Krisna, the One and Only Cause of the Universe and then took Her seat gladly with Her husband in the throne made of jewels. At that time Krisna divided Himself into two parts; His left side turned into the forn of Mahâdeva; and His right side turned into the Lord of Gopikâs (cow-herdesses). The colour and splendour of the body of Mahâdeva is pure white like white crystal; as if one hundred suns have arisen simultaneously. In His hands there are the trident (Tris’ul) and sharp-edged spear (Pattisa); He is wearing a tiger skin; on His head is matted hair (Jatâ) of a tawny hue like molten gold; His body was besmeared all over with ashes, smile reigning in His face and on His forehead, the semi-moon. He has no clothing on His loins; so He is called Digambara (the quarters of the Sky being His clothing); His neck is of a blue colour; the serpent being the ornaments on His body and on His right hand the nice bead of jewels well purified. Who is always repeating with His five faces the Eternal Light of Brahmâ, and Who has conquered Death by praising S’rî Krisna, Who is of the nature of Truth, the Highest Self, the God Incarnate, the material cause of all things and the All auspicious of all that is good and favourable, and the Destroyer of the fear of birth, death, old age, and disease and Who has been named Mrityunjaya (the conqueror of Death). This Mahâdeva took His seat on a throne made of jewels (diamonds, emeralds, etc.).

devi bhagv.skandh 9 chapter 2

http://www.astrojyoti.com/devibhagavatam45.htm

I am following Sri shankara"s advice,"ACCEPT the statements found in the tamasic and rajasic scriptures that CORROBORATE with the truth as revealed in the vedas and the bhagavtam.Discard everything else."

So,we if we come across a pot of earth,we should go through it for the gold coins.Taking out the gold,you should throw away the pot completely.

For instance,in the Devi bhagavtam,it is said that,"Shakti has assigned Sri Krsna His place in Goloka region."

GIVE ME ONE SINGLE PROOF FROM THE VEDIC SCRIPTURES ABOUT THIS SHAKTI.

There is no shakti phakti,who is the origin of Sri KRsna.Also,Sri Radhika,is mentioned as one of the Five prakriti devis,yet,in the other place,She is stated to be the most beautiful and important amongst others and to be of the nature of Nirakaar(beyond sattva,rajas,tamas).

The notes by some tantrik only add to the confusion.Don't read the purana further.You will surely go mad.