IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mandar madhusudan

Distinct combination in Kundali for Sarpa Dosha and Remedial Measures

Rate this topic

Dear All - I am opening a new thread here to answer the question posed by Anusha to my explanations in the thread ‘Kaal Sarp Dosha’ posted by anIndian.

I sincerely request all the readers reading this thread to share this information with their peers suffering from similar problems.

Her Question was –

You said "any other sarpa dosha".Will you please enlighten us with the different types of sarpa dosha & locations of Ragu&Ketu in each so that it helps the learners like me?

Dear Anusha – I am also a learner like you.

What is ‘Sarpa Dosha’

I will elaborate further on ‘Sarpa Dosha’ which is also referred as ‘Nag Dosha’ or ‘Sarpa Shap Yoga’ (Curse of a Serpant). I have observed that there are a lot of forums giving valuable insight on ‘Kaalsarpa Yoga / Dosha’ but the information on ‘Nag Dosha’ is not commonly available, and hence I am writing this elaborate response.

Sarpa dosha appears in a kundali as a result of killing of snakes in previous life or from killing of snakes by fore fathers/father or self in previous births and not performing the rites (samskaras) to give the sadgati to the soul of killed snake.

This dosha may lead to the truncation of the family tree. Whenever such couple is expecting a child, either miscarriage happens or some circumstances may get developed leading to abortion. In some cases, even if the birth takes place, there is a strong likely hood of the child developing some minor / major health related issues keeping his parents constantly worried about his / her health.

One distinct indication that confirms this dosha is – a lady or her husband expecting a child either gets frequent dreams or actually happen to see a Serpent sitting or appearing in any position with his tale wound around an object.

Distinct combination in Kundali which may indicate ‘Sarpa Dosha’ –

1. Rahu in fifth house receiving aspect from mars

2. Rahu in fifth house either in mesha rashi or in vrishchik rashi

3. Fifth lord or Moon in fifth house aspected by or associated with Sani – Rahu

4. Jupiter in first house (lagna) with mars and rahu and lord of fifth house is afflicted

5. Mesha or Vrishchik rasi in fifth house either with afflicted mercury or aspected by afflicted mercury

6. Jupiter – Rahu in the first house (lagna) with lord of fifth house placed in dusthana

7. Fifth house or lord of fifth house or Jupiter linked with rahu either by association or by aspect

Views from Bhrigu Sutras, Phaladeepika and Chamatkar Chintamani on Rahu / Ketu in Fifth House

Bhrigu Sutras >> Sutras 11-13: The native will have no children or suffer loss of children due to wrath of the Serpent God. He will have children after conducting Pooja of Naga Pratima. The native will suffer from windy diseases and indulge in sinful deeds. He will suffer from wrath of the king and will live in undesirable places.

Phaladeepika: Rahu-The native will be childless, hard hearted and will suffer from stomach ailments. Ketu-The native will suffer from loss of children. He will be of evil nature and unwise. He may also suffer from 'Pishacha Badha'.

Chamatkar Chintamani: Rahu-The native will get a son. He will always be worried on account -of his wife. He will suffer from stomach ailments. Ketu-The native will suffer from stomach ailments. He will not get many children. In spite of being courageous he will remain dependent on others.

Remedial Measures

Following remedial measures are considered to be very effective in minimizing the impact of this dosha and making it from severe to moderate/negligible. A proper medical diagnosis and a suitable treatment coupled with these supportive measures always give a very positive reasults on progeny related issues.

Sarpa samskara or Ashlesha Bali at Srikshetra Kukke Subrahmanya, Karnataka

Persons who are afflicted with this dosha are advised to perform remedial measures like Sarpa samskara or Ashlesha Bali for the well being of self and the future generations. Ahlesha , Vishakha, Bharani, Krittika and some other constellations are considered in auspicious as per the traditional school of thought.

Remedial Measures can be done either by the person afflicted if he is a male and married, or through a priest. This is because the pooja involves rituals similar to the ones done in performing shraadh (death rites).

Kukke Subrahmanya is a temple located in the small, rural village of Subramanya in the Western Ghats of Karnataka, India, about 105 km from Mangalore. This temple is one of the famous pilgrimage sites in India. Here the God Subrahmanya is worshipped for his divine power as a snake as the epics relate that the divine serpent Vasuki and other snakes found safety under God Subrahmanya.

Kindly verify Seva charges and Temple timings with temple authorities. Kukke Shree Subrahmanya Temple Subrahmanya - ZIP / PIN code 574238, Landline Tel:Ph: + 0091- 08257 - 281224.

Nag Bali at Shrikshetra Trayambakeshwar in Nashik, Maharashtra

This ritual is exactly similar to Sarpa samskara or Ashlesha Bali. Both these holy places have their own Sthalamahatmya mentioned in Vedas and Upnishdas.

Trimbakeshwar is a religious center having one of the twelve Jyotirlingas. The extraordinary feature of the Jyotirlinga located here is its three faces embodying Lord Brahma, Lord Vishnu and Lord Rudra.

In this ritual the funeral is performed on the body of snake made with wheat dough. An artificial body mostly made of wheat flour is used. The references relating to this age-old tradition are found in Skandh Puran, Padma Puran and Dharma Sindhu.

Any one of these places can be chosen depending upon the convenience or the proximity to these places.

Nag Chaturthi Vrat

I am sharing the details for this, which I have received from one of the learned and esteemed astrologer

Nag chaturthi is done in shravan masa. Upavasa [fast on chaturthi] is kept. Rosting or cooking activities are not permitted on that day in the house. Lighting fire, grinding and cutting activities are strictly disallowed on the day of fast.

One shall offer milk , raw rice floor mixed with jaggery, sesame and jaggery mix , rice floor with pepper, dry coconut cup to Shesha [nag murthy-idol] . The same should be offered to the main door frame entrance of the house by the upasak (one who has undertaken this vrat) or the lady of the house.

Shloka to be chanted -

|| sheshantargat bharathi ramana mukhyapranantargata Laxmisahit anantpadnabhaya namaha || srikrishnarpana.

Upasak should repeat the same in the evening , repeat next day morning the offering [ perform aarti], offer dakshina and vastra to the bramhins ,and take meals with the family . If the upasak can afford then he shall donate silver naga kept in vessel full of ghee to the bramhin.

This vrat should be performed every year.

Vishnu Sahasranama

Chanting Vishnu Sahasranama or devotionally listening to it brings amazing benefits including avoiding evil, succeeding in battle, removing fear, avoiding calamity, and being cured of disease.

Bhishma pitamaha quote on Vishnu Sahasranama - That man who hears the names every day or who recites them every day, never meets with any evil either here or hereafter.

PLEASE NOTE that the article written above is more of a source of collective information AND it is extremely important to consult your family/community priest or Guru or Trusted learned scholars on this subject in your near vicinity before undertaking any / all the above mentioned remedial measures. Particularly for any vrata, the underlying rules including the purity of body, thoughts and aacharana are extremely important to be adhered to.

I request esteemed members from this forum to please correct me, if required.

II Shubham Bhavatu II

Dear Esteemed Members ,

Distinct combinations in Kundali which may indicate ‘Sarpa Dosha’ mentioned by me in this thread are taken from BPHS.

Please refer to ‘Purvajanmashapdyotnadhyaya’ {Effects of Curses in the previous birth} – sloka 9 to 16 under ‘shyapdnyannirupana’

In this chapter saga parashara has stated the Causes and Effects of Curses in the previous birth and the remedial measures stated by Lord Shiva to godess Parvati.

Best Regards,

II Shubham Bhavatu II