IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Blaming religion for war

Rate this topic

I just hate it when I hear people say that religion is the cause of war.. It really bugs me.. As if religion is the root cause of evil.. pfffft! I think segregation is the cause of war..

Quote from my Dad "If there were no religions in the world there would be no war.."

misinterpretation and misuse of a religion leads to war ( crusades) , that too not on all cases . i think the total number of crusades is significantly lower than that of the total wars fought till this date .

Yeah, I agree. I am normally on discussion fora with a lot of atheists and they always come up with this silly dogma that wars are caused by religion. It is part of their "believe system" so to speak, and they get very annoyed when you try to convince them this is not 100% true.

misinterpretation and misuse of a religion leads to war ( crusades) , that too not on all cases . i think the total number of crusades is significantly lower than that of the total wars fought till this date .
your right on what u said about misinterpretation of religion. a typical example is al qada. people who misinterprit or misuse religion for there own personal advantages are sick in there heads. they think there doing gods work, but gid does not approve of such things

One man carries a big bag of words on his shoulder. Another man carries another different big bag of different words. Because the words are different, each is obliged to kill the other heathen.

If they would each put their bags of words in blenders, the resulting two nectar drinks would taste the same, identical ..... but they just don't have the time to get beyond the words.

Religion gets in their way, so they carry the big bags of words, like beasts of burden.

One man carries a big bag of words on his shoulder. Another man carries another different big bag of different words. Because the words are different, each is obliged to kill the other heathen.

If they would each put their bags of words in blenders, the resulting two nectar drinks would taste the same, identical ..... but they just don't have the time to get beyond the words.

Religion gets in their way, so they carry the big bags of words, like beasts of burden.

yato mat tato path , is it ??!!! ;)

Religion causes war?

I DON'T THINK SO!

This is the dumbest myth.

Even the wars between the Devas and Asuras were not over religious differences.

American Revolution, the American Civil war, WW1, WW2, Korean war, Vietnam war, Persian Gulf war, Iraq war, Afganistan war --were not over religious differences.

Even the Islamo-nazis will acknowledge that there own designs on world domination would be worthless without the land & natural resources that come along with conquering and subjugating masses of other people.

Security, Wealth, Territory and ego engrandisment are the causes of war.

One will NOT witness that wars are fought by religous groups.

It may be a banner to herald which team is which, but the generals of each side are looking for security or the wealth of the other.

What religion was espoused by Hitler? Or Gengis Khan? Then if the subject is murder for ideology we have Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot to account for.

Not to let the religious fanatics off the hook but let's keep things in perspective.

From another view the whole material world is at war with the will of God and by extention with each other. Even the insects are at war with each other for basic survival. The entire universe is a war machine. :uzi:

Religion causes war?

I DON'T THINK SO!

This is the dumbest myth.

Even the wars between the Devas and Asuras were not over religious differences.

American Revolution, the American Civil war, WW1, WW2, Korean war, Vietnam war, Persian Gulf war, Iraq war, Afganistan war --were not over religious differences.

Even the Islamo-nazis will acknowledge that there own designs on world domination would be worthless without the land & natural resources that come along with conquering and subjugating masses of other people.

Security, Wealth, Territory and ego engrandisment are the causes of war.

One will NOT witness that wars are fought by religous groups.

It may be a banner to herald which team is which, but the generals of each side are looking for security or the wealth of the other.

Perfectly said.

In addition.. there might be perverts with no religious connections who uses dumbos who are at the head of religious institutions who also don't know the abcd of religion to instigate sparks to start such wars.

When things begin to degenerate then we blame religion.

Lust and Gold have become the cause of such wars and blind and perverted religionists are being used as a mean.

I just hate it when I hear people say that religion is the cause of war.. It really bugs me.. As if religion is the root cause of evil.. pfffft! I think segregation is the cause of war..

Quote from my Dad "If there were no religions in the world there would be no war.."

I know religion(s) have war as an important method to establish itself.Also the same religion(s) give "spoils of war"-booty as a reward "for the good work".

Go figure.It is stupid to think that all religions are equal.

One particular religion i know of has a chapter exclusively devoted to "spoils of war"-booty..

hint:"spoils of war" chapter 8

I know religion(s) have war as an important means to establish itself.Also the same religion(s) give "spoils of war"-booty as a reward "for the good work".

Go figure.It is stupid to think that all religions are equal.

One particular religion i know of has a chapter exclusively devoted to "spoils of war"-booty..

hint:"spoils of war" chapter 8

Tamar Lane believed it was his solemn duty to his master Allah to eliminate idolators or in other words, Indians who worshipped idols of Rama, Krishna, Ganesha, etc. And clearly the best way to eliminate is to kill.

To execute his duty and please Allah (and also collect some booty in the process) he invaded India, lined up idolators on streets, beheaded them and made a hillock of heads on each street. The worth of his soldiers was measured by the number of infidel scalps they took. However, as a devout, sensitive muslim, he was "kind enough" to spare Muslim sections of the society.

Hitler wrote in Mein Kampf about his thoughts on the "different looking" Jews and the "strange" religion they followed - both factors eventually forming the foundation of his persection campaign.

People who believe there have been no wars based on religion, should read a book or two.

Cheers

Guest Melvin1

War actually started in the kitchen. When wife ( a catholic) said to husband ( a hindu), " I cooked for you today my most favorite specialty dish, beef stew."

Tamar Lane believed it was his solemn duty to his master Allah to eliminate idolators or in other words, Indians who worshipped idols of Rama, Krishna, Ganesha, etc. And clearly the best way to eliminate is to kill.

To execute his duty and please Allah (and also collect some booty in the process) he invaded India, lined up idolators on streets, beheaded them and made a hillock of heads on each street. The worth of his soldiers was measured by the number of infidel scalps they took. However, as a devout, sensitive muslim, he was "kind enough" to spare Muslim sections of the society.

Hitler wrote in Mein Kampf about his thoughts on the "different looking" Jews and the "strange" religion they followed - both factors eventually forming the foundation of his persection campaign.

People who believe there have been no wars based on religion, should read a book or two.

Cheers

Then why dont you spend your time educating people who beleived in killer cults rather than harassing the hareskrishnas and poor hindus.

cheers(i mean it)

Then why dont you spend your time educating people who beleived in killer cults rather than harassing the hareskrishnas and poor hindus.

cheers(i mean it)

Let's see if you get this...You may have to work a little hard.

The Hare Krishnas are no different from the Tamar Lanes and the Hitlers. They all had/have a common goal - world domination.

Hitler wanted his pure race to be the only race on the planet; Tamar wanted Islam to be the only religion; Hare Krishnas desire exactly the same - a world full of Gaudiya Vaishnavas, which they think is the best thing to happen, just like Hitler and Tamar believed their ideas were the best. The only difference is the Hare Krishnas have not engaged in murder to further their ambition of world domination.

The muslims I know are not hunting idolators. There is no sense to be drilled into their heads. On the other hand, there is no shortage of Hks on this forum who speak condescendingly on Hinduism, Shaivism...the list is long. They actually believe they are one cut above the rest.

And evidently, as you do not have a problem with the derogatory view HKs have on Hinduism, you need to be educated too. And I am perfectly happy to do it.

Cheers

Let's see if you get this...You may have to work a little hard.

No problem

The Hare Krishnas are no different from the Tamar Lanes and the Hitlers. They all had/have a common goal - world domination.

I didnt get it.Let the harekrishnas think that they can dominate the world.i see no problem with that.How does that make u compare them with Tamar lane?

Tamar wanted Islam to be the only religion; Hare Krishnas desire exactly the same

Desire exactly the same??.I think you are smarter than that.What is the comparison between dreaming that the whole world become harekrishna and making a slaughter in the land(of the timur lane variety)

a world full of Gaudiya Vaishnavas, which they think is the best thing to happen, just like Hitler and Tamar believed their ideas were the best.

Again the comparison is atrocious.Dont u Like the whole world become advaitan.

The only difference is the Hare Krishnas have not engaged in murder to further their ambition of world domination.

Ofcourse they will never think of Murder as a means for "world domination".

The muslims I know are not hunting idolators. There is no sense to be drilled into their heads.

Ohh man, The world of islam is much bigger than the few individuals you know of.

Why do you think the muslim guy with mnc( india) was actively helping the bomb blasters?I am sure u agree many such people are roaming freely.Take a look at what Zia-ur Rehman said after he was caught(http://indiatoday.intoday.in/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=1&task=view&id=16662&sectionid=30&issueid=74&page=archieve)

On the other hand, there is no shortage of Hks on this forum who speak condescendingly on Hinduism, Shaivism...the list is long. They actually believe they are one cut above the rest.

I noticed that and i responded in some threads and made bhaktajan not to talk that way wrt God Shiva.

But i dont think u should have any problem with denigration of hinduism.In your latest post you compared rama and krishna to the charlatan saibaba.

And evidently, as you do not have a problem with the derogatory view HKs have on Hinduism, you need to be educated too. And I am perfectly happy to do it.

Cheers

Lol., i countered them in the threads i am aware of.But again, that should be the least of ur problems.Ur utter contempt for hinduism(except ur version of the advaitan kind) is evident from all ur posts.Am i wrong?

Desire is the main cause for war...

I would have to qualify this statement before I could agree. I agree materially based desires are all violent but what of spiritually based desires.

The desire to dominant things and others are all violent but not so the desire to serve with love.

Hare Krishna

material existance in the material temporal universe is a "pastime".

. . . 8,400,000 speices of sentient beings --all doing the same 4 catogorical activities [eat, sleep, mate & defend].

If ones [or millions] are born and live through ['or die during'] Times-of-War --there is the "HUMAN EXPERIENCE" that must be experienced enmass from differing Point-of-Views.

Every man is an Island --one of the herd; one fish in a school of fish --an indivisible-individual conscious soul [One-Ten-thousanth ( 1/10,000 ) the size of the tip of a hair] embued with their own "personal" MOTIVATIONS.

The soul never is devoid of MOTIVATIONS --that is why it seeks life.

BUT,

There are collective/mutual pursuits

that when combined

equate to the requisite reconciliation of Life's Lessons

as to the purpose/the nature of life:

This compunction to leave the comforts of "Eating, sleeping, mating & shelter"

--to enter a State of War = FUNKY KARMA [ugra-karma].

Old Ugra-karma begets fresh ugra-karma.

Mass Ugra-karma begets fresh Mass ugra-karma.

Polished & Shiney Animal Life is

a pastime between karmic reconciliation(s).

Live by the sword die by the Butcher's knife.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Check out this site that enumerates all past wars --You MUST admit that the long time-line of Wars down through history are started by conquistadors/mercenaries seeking wealth et al.

http://www.warscholar.com/Timeline.html#Middle%20Ages

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Remember:

Every daily tabloid headlines of heinous atrocious terrifying ghastly murderous shamefull disgracefull deadly act is NOT DONE BY VEGETARIANS!

Learn to live! Know your rights, before you're born to be 'conscripted' to join in the (undesirable) pastimes-of-your-life.

meat.org

Well said Jeeves!

By Jove you've coined a most delicious Term . . . Hmmm . . . Haaaa . . .

"souls have transcendental rights"

Well, I would think that, definitely:

"All Souls have transcendental Birth-rights"

It is a great Concept!

Did it just come to mind just now?

I will be contemplating it's implications!

Do "souls have transcendental rights"? . . . Hmmm . . . Haaaa . . .

YES! Now what to do with that insight?

what to do?

what to do?

. . Hmmm . . . ???

Desire is desire whether it is physical or spiritual.spirituality has nothing to do with desires.If i am no mind and no body.what will a desire to me...mind alone perceives it.isn't it?

OK. So you are an impersonalist and I a personalist who accepts the reality of transcendental desire. I have no need to debate the issue with you. It is enough for me to draw the distinction.

Hare Krishna

The Hare Krishnas are at war with each other over basically philosophical differences that go on and on for years. See the same differences in Islam, Christianity etc. I don't know if these differences are transcendental or not but I do know it is depressing when even the spiritual platform is constant war.

Even my Christian friends I have to keep my mouth shut around them about lots of things, they think Israel should just kill and burn off all the Muslims and things like that. Truly depressing when I fundamentally agree with most things about Christianity but choose to keep my mouth shut most of the time because the same age old tired deadhorse beaten arguments and philosophical differences surface over and over and over...