IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sonic Yogi

Religions With No Meaning

Rate this topic

...that you've begun your journey with failure . just like the numeorus prophets , sons of gods and avatars all through the pages of history . there cant be one single religion !! thats it !! either accept it and try to see the beauty in them or hate all others and be hated yourself .

Good point.

An ambitious plan to have one religion as the sole religion in the world is just as evil as Hitler's ambitious plan of having one pure race on the earth.

The Western Hare Krishna's would do well to shed their "holier than thou" attitude and learn some tolerance. But it is my opinion that it is not going to happen anytime soon. It is the very belief that their religion is somehow better than all other religions, that keeps them interested in religion. Else, they would have moved on a long time ago.

It also explains why we see "holier than thou" threads such as "Religions with no meaning" pop up on this forum regularly.

Cheers

no but you said that shakts do bhakti just like that without wanting brahmgyan

then they do it for material benediction

thats wrong . they dont do it for material benediction .

how can you say that choose any god to worship. if it is brahman alone why worship[ any deity

although brahman is one without a second it is simply not possible for a limited human with limited sensory capabilities to comprehend brahman as it is in his initial stages of sadhana . this is where the concept of saguna brahman comes in . our mind has a naturall inclination to hold on to a form . we cannot think of infinite formless . thats why we choose the 'with form' aspect of that same brahman . and that form is not exclusively krishna but might as well be any one else like durga or shiva ...

now answer me do shakt texts not say that ultimately god is brahman and the brahman is more powerful than kali roop or shiva roop?

never , infact just the opposite . like kali is brahma swarupini or brahmamayi etc. wonder where you got your ideas about 'shakta texts' from ?!!!!

Kaisersose:

It is the very belief that their religion is somehow better than everything else, that keeps them interested in religion. Else, they would have moved on a long time ago.

Bhaktajan's response:

You are a pustulous bag of bile with a countenance to match, I'd wager.

But, surely you are surrounded by loving putanas that shower you with affection, am I not correct in my assumption? If not, I am astounded by your misfortune--may I be wrong in my assessment.

sant is not referring to the "rights to marriage of homosexuals".

now i understand bhatjan ji ha ha good one

besides i am not talking about having a universal world religion/ i am saying why worship kali shiva for their bhakti only and not moksh as they are not god.even according to shaiv and shakt texts the brahman is their base.so why not worsip the brahman?

or why not krihna who says he is basis of that brahman?

Hindu trinity [aka, Godhead]:

Brahman = empty space that is inseperable from the manifest cosmos.

Paramatma = the life force in each particle of creation --animate and inanimate.

Bhagavan = The possessor of all opulences --The Supreme Personality of Personalism, Krishna.

bhakt jan wat do you mean

oh , never mind what he means !! just be carefull enough to skip over his posts if you dont wish to turn mad .

all in this forum have realised this and refrain from answering back to him . the new members are the ones who reply to him and unknowingly give him a confidance boost that helps him to continue posting till a new member comes in .

:P

sant your questions are fair and square and on the level!

I've asked this before: "If one's path is not Vaishnava Bhakti --then tell me the goal that is sought via Shiva, Kali-ma? Tell us of the Shivite's aspirations and/or ulterior motives and/or holy quest"

Bhaktajan: I do not use nor know how to use and would not use an ignore list

thats obvious .

you cannot ignore others here on this forum all of whom are more intelligent and spiritual than you ............. :D

oh really ? how do you explain the four set of jagannath deities sitting there inside the hot kitchen and consecrating tonnes of rice and other foodstuffs two times daily in the four main dinner halls of mayapur dham iskcon headquarters ????????????

isnt this transcendental kitchen duty ??!!

Maybe not. If the mentality is indeed the one of offering in order to cleanse/disinfect the food and not the one of offering love an devotion, I explain this show by necessity to maintain a good number of your following.

very good post, mahak prabhu...

Eskimos used to thank animals they killed for sacrificing themselves to sustain their clan, inviting their spirits to take birth among their tribe. Reincarnation was a fact of life for them, and when a new child was born they were looking for clues as to which departed member of the tribe took birth again among them. Memory of past lives was common among eskimo children, and while they sometimes were born as animals, it was not because they ate meat, but because they aspired to lead a life of such creatures.

The ignorance and arrogance of many Hare Krsnas is often very painful to see but Krsna is definitely teaching us all a lesson. The surplus of blubber on many of our 'sannyasi' members is not the worst thing that happened to our movement. You can look at this forum and see it first hand: Scores of voices questioning the bogus interpretations of shastra by so many of our members. People are not stupid and especially people who know shastra can not be fooled easily by pompous pretenders. Our movement has very little credibility in the outside world. If you add to this all the inside tensions and controversies, we will be lucky if our movement survives the next 50 years.

I have always held out hope that Tiger Woods would eventually revive the Hare Krishna Movement. There is something special about that kid that I can't put my finger on but I think he is just going to be a golfer and not get into religion and I can't blame him. If I was as good at golf as he is I would stick with golf to but he is one of those monumental figures like Muhammad Ali that has the ability to transcend his sport and have an effect on our culture in many different ways.

Even if the Golden Age of Mahaprabhu doesn't manifest as predicted it seems that in order to find real peace humans need to turn to the Lord at least at some level so I don't think that will ever completely die out even as the Kali-yuga becomes darker and more ignorant.