IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Melvin1

To chant or not to chant?

Rate this topic

Guest Melvin1

In the book, Teachings of Lord Caitanya, it says that Krsna is the Supreme Absolute Truth, the cause of all causes and the origin of all emanations and incarnations and yet in Vraja, or Goloka Vrndavan, He is just like a young boy, the son of Nanda Maharaja whose form is eternal, full of bliss and knowledge. He is both the shelter of everything and the proprietor as well.

This was confirmed by Lord Caitanya himself when he cited this following verses from Brahma-samhita(5.1):

Isvarah paramah krsnah

sac-cid-ananda-vgrahah

anadir adir govindah

sarva-karana-karanam

" Krsna, who is known as Govinda, is the Supreme Godhead. He has an eternal, blissful spiritual body. He is the origin of all. He has no other origin, and He is the prime cause of all causes."

In other words, if it`s sublime and liberating to chant," Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare," would the result be the same if I chant," Hare Govinda Hare Govinda Govinda Govinda Hare Hare"?

YEs YES YES YES 1110000 % yes.

You can chant radhe radhe also,as long as you attach your mind to the form,abode,names,devotees of the lord,you can call Him Shyamu also.Do not Worry !!

Gudiyas would sing,"Hari haraye namah krsnah.."

You can put any names together and chant,that is obviously,if you have no intention of creating a mantra of your own.

I like the name Shayamasundara.I can call Him that over and over again.I can call Him Kalua also.There's only benefit in Bhagavan's names.There is no fault whatsoever.Actually,your supposed to chant whatever you like most(the names).

Guest Melvin1

YEs YES YES YES 1110000 % yes.

You can chant radhe radhe also,as long as you attach your mind to the form,abode,names,devotees of the lord,you can call Him Shyamu also.Do not Worry !!

Gudiyas would sing,"Hari haraye namah krsnah.."

You can put any names together and chant,that is obviously,if you have no intention of creating a mantra of your own.

I like the name Shayamasundara.I can call Him that over and over again.I can call Him Kalua also.There's only benefit in Bhagavan's names.There is no fault whatsoever.Actually,your supposed to chant whatever you like most(the names).

A little girl from Boston, Massachusetts,USA addressed Srila Prabhupada as Swami Jesus and the latter loved it. Would the result be the same,too, if I chant, Swami Jesus Swami Jesus Jesus Jesus Swami Swami?

A little girl from Boston, Massachusetts,USA addressed Srila Prabhupada as Swami Jesus and the latter loved it. Would the result be the same,too, if I chant, Swami Jesus Swami Jesus Jesus Jesus Swami Swami?

Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu said "There are no hard and fast rules for chanting the holy names." However, you have to know what "the holy names" are. They are the Sanskrit names of Vishnu tattva - not jiva tattva. Swami Prabhupada always claimed to be the servant, not the deity. Therefore if you do guru puja it does not replace your regular sadhana which he bequeathed. And besides, the greatest worship and honor anyone can give to a guru is to conscientiously follow their instructions.

Let me ask this, if you truly love someone do you or your lover really bothers how he or she is addressed by you? One needs to fall in LOVE and the name will fall in place automatically...you can call him Krsna, Radhe Radhe, Kalua, Kanha, Govinda, Jesus, Shyama or anyother name / nickname that you may want to keep.

Let me ask this, if you truly love someone do you or your lover really bothers how he or she is addressed by you? One needs to fall in LOVE and the name will fall in place automatically...you can call him Krsna, Radhe Radhe, Kalua, Kanha, Govinda, Jesus, Shyama or anyother name / nickname that you may want to keep.

There is more than one factor - the potency of the name and the consciousness of the performer. You are only speaking to one factor - love consciousness. However the holy names have potency in and of themselves - in other words you can call out one of the one thousand names of Sri Vishnu even inadvertently (not intending it towards the Supreme) and receive beatitude. The story of Ajāmila demonstrates that; if he had inadvertently called out a jiva-tattva name then he would not have received the intervention that he did - so yes it does matter.

Besides, if someone really doesn't think it matters then they are free to repeat the Rosary on prayer beads and pray over beef before eating it. As long as they have love in their heart, right? They are free to do those things sure, but love does not turn the Rosary into the maha mantra or beef into prasadam - those are practices of a different faith tradition. The way of Sanatana Dharma is Guru, Sadhu and Shastra - not speculation.

Guest Melvin1

Did Jesus eat beef? There`s not a single verse in the Bible`s New Testament that he did. Christians who eat beef or pork are not true followers of Christ. Although this has already been corrected when Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu introduced to us Krsna sankirtana. He said that there was no other way no other way no other way (to clean ourselves from sins ) but to chant always, " Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare."

Understand and agree there are multiple factors or forms and yes I am talking about what we call Prema Bhakti. Also, completely agree that Maha Mantra has it's own signigficance which cannot be diluted by any other means however one needs to reach a stage to be able to disinguish between the two.

There's one sect who's done a lot of reading / research and has a command over various preachings hence can make the right choice but honestly most of the time we struggle and end up puting lot of energy in identifing / making the right choice losing the real essence. If it was love one only thinks about the unforgettable in any state without realising what's right or wrong hence I believe that it's a better / faster way to get closer to the almighty (Krsna in this case).