IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mohittherock

a question

Rate this topic

I know that there was intense battle between Bhima and Karna. both were terribly wounded from the shower of arrows. after a long struggle, Karna defeated Bhima and spared his life, owing a promise to Kunti.

why didn't B.R. chopra show the scene like this...it was very different from the story....i hear B.R. chopra researched a lot and made Mahabharat based on Original story of Mahabharat :crazy2:

I know that there was intense battle between Bhima and Karna. both were terribly wounded from the shower of arrows. after a long struggle, Karna defeated Bhima and spared his life, owing a promise to Kunti.

why didn't B.R. chopra show the scene like this...it was very different from the story....i hear B.R. chopra researched a lot and made Mahabharat based on Original story of Mahabharat :crazy2:

Wouldn't you need to be asking this to B.R. Chopra?

Who of us can speak for him?

How was it shown in the series?

B.R. Chopra's Mahabharata is far from authentic in spite of his claims of research. Had to answer a number of questions from my children who found that it differed from the Mahabharata that we learnt.

Yet another version of the great epic.

its very difficult to put every thing in the film !!...a lot was left out !!

yes everything was depicted on the serial. there was a short depiction of arjuna and karna's battle....when Karna shoot Nagastra and krishna put arjuna's rath few inches down and thus arjuna is saved.

people say that arjuna defeated Karna in virata and gandharv war...i personally believe Virata war and gandharva war wasn't a big deal..the real identy of a real warrior comes when he puts all of his strength, great effort, putting his life at risk and fearlessly fighting and bravery. we saw this on Kurushetra war. Arjuna wasn't able to kill Pitamah, Drona and Karna. we saw the real bravery, great strength of Karna in kurushetra war.

if arjuna defeated karna twice....Karna almost almost killed arjuna twice in kurushetra war...there is difference between defeat and killing.....Arjuna was saved due to krishna's interuption. it clearly proves that Karna was more powerful than Arjuna....even lord himself had to come to rescue arjuna.....Yudhishtir and Krishna both had a fear of karna into them.

one interesting thing i heard from someone......aftere the death of karna...Krishna said to Arjuna.....O Arjuna..you have killed only 25% of karna....25% from parshurama's curse, 25% from Indra taking his kavach and Kundal and 25% from brahmin's curse that his chariot would get stuck in the soft soil....

hail karna