IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sonic Yogi

Fathers of Srila Prabhupada

Rate this topic

I ran across an interesting letter from Srila Prabhupada to Visnujana.

In that letter, Srila Prabhupada expressed a sentiment that he felt like his American disciples were like fathers to him.

I find it to be quite the curiosity and I thought I would share it on the forum.

Sunday, April 4, 1971

Bombay

My Dear Son, Visnujana Maharaja,

Please accept my blessings. I beg to acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 25th March, 1971 and have noted the contents. Because I have been very busy with the movement which is going on here, I haven’t had time to reply your letter until now.

As soon as I remember that you are trying to fulfill my desire of trying to open ten centers, it gives me renewed vigor and life. Please do it nicely. I have got confidence in you because Krishna has given you special talent for chanting Hare Krishna Mantra. When you were chanting in L.A. temple in the evenings, or in the mornings, I enjoyed your chanting so nicely that I thought myself immediately carried to Vaikuntha.

So I am always thankful to you for your activities in announcing the interest of our mission. Thank you very much. Most probably when I return to L.A. I may call you back just to hear your chanting of Hare Krishna Mantra. I am very anxious to meet you also. I am thinking of returning very soon, but I am also contemplating going to Russia. So on my way back I may go there to Russia for a few days and then to U.S.A.

Although I am Indian materially, still I have adopted U.S.A. as my fatherland and you are all my fathers. In India I had one father who raised me a Krishna Conscious child but in America I have got many fathers who are reminding me always of Krishna. Therefore I will always wish to live under your care.

It is so much encouraging that you have got a very nice temple and that already there are six students living there and following the regulative principles. Anyone who you recommend, I shall immediately initiate him. So take advantage and enchant those who are coming by your chanting of Hare Krishna Mantra. You will be victorious.

And try to introduce our books there and it will be a great missionary success. One Krishna book sold means we go forward one step in our Krishna Consciousness. We should always remember this.

Wrong forum, should be put under, "ISKCON internal".

Most of Prabhupada's disciples aren't in ISKCON and haven't been for many years. Prabhupada is jagat-guru not ISKCON guru. Don't try to bottle him up in a defunct organization.

Guest Melvin1

I ran across an interesting letter from Srila Prabhupada to Visnujana.

In that letter, Srila Prabhupada expressed a sentiment that he felt like his American disciples were like fathers to him.

I find it to be quite the curiosity and I thought I would share it on the forum.

I would just like to know if the viewer( Visnujana) here in this discussion forum is one and the same person, Visnujana Maharaja, whom Srila Prabhupada has addressed as his dear son.

I would just like to know if the viewer( Visnujana) here in this discussion forum is one and the same person, Visnujana Maharaja, whom Srila Prabhupada has addressed as his dear son.

Considering that Visnujana Maharaja disappeared in '76 or '77 and some say committed suicide by drowning in the Ganges, the Visnujan on the forum cannot be him.

Some Brahmans in India say they assisted Visnujana Maharaja in committing suicide for having fell down from sannyasa before the passing of Srila Prabhupada.

Guest Melvin1

Considering that Visnujana Maharaja disappeared in '76 or '77 and some say committed suicide by drowning the in Ganges, the Visnujan on the forum cannot be him.

Some Brahmans in India say they assisted Visnujana Maharaja in committing suicide for having fell down from sannyasa before the passing of Srila Prabhupada.

Now I know why Srila Prabhupada did not want his broken heart repaired. It`s not customary the son should first leave from this world and his father next. After all, there`s a saying, " ...the child is really the father to his father." Although Vasudeva is the father of Krsna, it`s actually Krsna who is the father of Vasudeva. Vasudeva had to be born first before he could be father to Krsna. But we know Krsna is the father of all.