IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

What does one TRILLION dollars look like?

Rate this topic

What does one TRILLION dollars look like?

All this talk about "stimulus packages" and "bailouts"...

A billion dollars...

A hundred billion dollars...

Eight hundred billion dollars...

One TRILLION dollars...

What does that look like? I mean, these various numbers are tossed around like so many doggie treats, so I thought I'd take Google Sketchup out for a test drive and try to get a sense of what exactly a trillion dollars looks like.

We'll start with a $100 dollar bill. Currently the largest U.S. denomination in general circulation. Most everyone has seen them, slighty fewer have owned them. Guaranteed to make friends wherever they go.

bill.jpg

A packet of one hundred $100 bills is less than 1/2" thick and contains $10,000. Fits in your pocket easily and is more than enough for week or two of shamefully decadent fun.

packet.jpg

Believe it or not, this next little pile is $1 million dollars (100 packets of $10,000). You could stuff that into a grocery bag and walk around with it.

pile.jpg

While a measly $1 million looked a little unimpressive, $100 million is a little more respectable. It fits neatly on a standard pallet...

pallet.jpg

And $1 BILLION dollars... now we're really getting somewhere...

pallet_x_10.jpg

Next we'll look at ONE TRILLION dollars. This is that number we've been hearing so much about. What is a trillion dollars? Well, it's a million million. It's a thousand billion. It's a one followed by 12 zeros.

You ready for this?

It's pretty surprising.

Go ahead...

Scroll down...

Ladies and gentlemen... I give you $1 trillion dollars...

pallet_x_10000.jpg

(And notice those pallets are double stacked.)

So the next time you hear someone toss around the phrase "trillion dollars"... that's what they're talking about.

Apparently the US has a national dept of $52 Trillion in unfunded government liabilities. That is about $170,000 for each American, including non tax paying children. That seems impossible to overcome. The entire yearly US GNP is only about $10 Trillion and going down..

Total losses at the US stock market over the past 14 months are now over $10 Trillion. A large portion of these losses is the result of the decline in the financial sector. Bailing out the US financial sector to a functional level will cost Trillions of dollars.

BTW, much of this money appears to be lost as a result of bad mortgages and bad loans provided to ordinary Americans during the past decades. The 'toxic financial end-products' were then sold as real value for real money to the financial institutions that now face bankruptcy.

Total losses at the US stock market over the past 14 months are now over $10 Trillion. A large portion of these losses is the result of the decline in the financial sector. Bailing out the US financial sector to a functional level will cost Trillions of dollars.

BTW, much of this money appears to be lost as a result of bad mortgages and bad loans provided to ordinary Americans during the past decades. The 'toxic financial end-products' were then sold as real value for real money to the financial institutions that now face bankruptcy.

I have read the derivatives are anywhere from 700 trillion to 1.5 quadrillion. So it appears there is virtually no limit to the amount of bailouts that would be needed to bring these institutions to functional level as they are basically black holes. All this brings up the question why are they doing all these bailouts instead of just declaring the banks bankrupt and wiping out the derivatives?

They are using the crisis in an attempt to bring about a wholesale systematic change to America it appears. Like Rahm Emmanuel and Hillary Clinton say they hate to waste a good crisis. The course appears that they are going to eventually completely collapse the stock market and then all these international banking corporate interests will buy up America for pennies. I guess only time will tell. Amazing to see The US get to this point.

The precision that this thing has been carried out with has made me believe that almost all of the major events going on in government and around the world are not accidents as they are normally portrayed as by the media. They must have such sophisticated technology that they have this stuff planned out well in advance even though I am sure they are forced to change game plans from time to time.

I have read the derivatives are anywhere from 700 trillion to 1.5 quadrillion. So it appears there is virtually no limit to the amount of bailouts that would be needed to bring these institutions to functional level as they are basically black holes. All this brings up the question why are they doing all these bailouts instead of just declaring the banks bankrupt and wiping out the derivatives? ...

Yes, I read that to. Derivatives used to be $100 trillion in 2002 and now it has grown into a massive bubble of $1.5 quadrillion ($1,500,000,000,000,000). However, this is the total amount of derivates in the world, not just in the U.S. The U.S. banks hold about $200 trillion total derivatives, of which only $15 trillion are so called credit derivatives, based on loans, bonds or other forms of credit. To the extent that there are non-performing loans, this figure might show up in some future bail out of U.S. banks.

Basically, derivatives are financial contracts or financial instruments, whose value is derived from the value of something else, which can be anything you can gamble on, ranging from real estate prices to weather conditions. Now the disturbing thing is that the total value of the world's stock and bond markets is only about $100 trillion, and the world's annual GDP for all nations is only about $50 trillion. So there seems to be no way that the total amount of value in the world is anywhere near this $1.5 quadrillion. This figure is larger than Earth itself! When this bubble bursts, it will certainly drag our entire financial system with it. We can only hope it doesn’t burst..

a pile of ones one mile high is only 19 million bucks. This means if you lay the stack of ones on the side of the earth, at the equator, sideways. allowing only the thickness of the bills to take up the linear space, one trillion one dollar bills would go around the equator twice.

Now thats bucks, folks.

http://www.forbes.com/2009/03/11/worlds-richest-people-billionaires-2009-billionaires_land.html

It's been a tough year for the richest people in the world. Last year there were 1,125 billionaires. This year there are just 793 people rich enough to make our list.

0306_gates_170x170.jpg In Pictures: The 50 Richest People In The World

The world has become a wealth wasteland. Like the rest of us, the richest people in the world have endured a financial disaster over the past year. Today there are 793 people on our list of the World's Billionaires, a 30% decline from a year ago.

Of the 1,125 billionaires who made last year's ranking, 373 fell off the list--355 from declining fortunes and 18 who died. There are 38 newcomers, plus three moguls who returned to the list after regaining their 10-figure fortunes. It is the first time since 2003 that the world has had a net loss in the number of billionaires.

I can hardly believe al these figures. Is this the beginning of a economical Third World WAr? Which countries are going to win?

How much damage will the dollar collapse do to India?

dewanand

the Netherlands

They are using the crisis in an attempt to bring about a wholesale systematic change to America it appears. Like Rahm Emmanuel and Hillary Clinton say they hate to waste a good crisis. The course appears that they are going to eventually completely collapse the stock market and then all these international banking corporate interests will buy up America for pennies. I guess only time will tell. Amazing to see The US get to this point.

That is how I see it. It is like taxation upon taxation upon taxation. The American taxpayer have already payed for all this stuff but they get scammed by the bankers and politicians who sell out America with basically counterfiet money and then the international banking corporate interests will take over and try to charge taxes on this stuff all over again and keep all the generations born in the USA as indentured servants and military dupes for decades to come.