IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
vaisnavapada

Jnana-sunya

Rate this topic

Dear devotees,

It has come to my realization that we (I) try to gain theoretical knowledge to feel that we have some position; some standing. It is almost as if we want to willingly put ourselves into illusion by gaining knowledge. How do we cope with it when we feel that we are not really 'smart'? That we are small. How does one cope with this?

That is our true position, our humble reality. You have become wise.

The deepening desperate futile separation you feel from Krsna will attract Him.

Nice insight. "The Environment Is Friendly" is a great foundation to build on. It takes an endeavor for a change of perspective. In some circumstances, gaining knowledge can be a real sign of humility. Motivation is of utmost importance. Yes, we are small; insignificant to say the least. I cope with my insignificance with the thought that I am so fortunate that even though we are insignificant, Krsna still wants us. Here are a couple reassuring requests from Krsna:

patraḿ puṣpaḿ phalaḿ toyaḿ

yo me bhaktyā prayacchati

tad ahaḿ bhakty-upahṛtam

aśnāmi prayatātmanaḥ

If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, I will accept it.

<center>yat karosi yad asnasi

yaj juhosi dadasi yat

yat tapasyasi kaunteya

tat kurusva mad-arpanam

</center> "Oh son of Kunti, all that you do, all that you eat, all that you offer and give away, as well as all austerities that you may perform, should be done as an offering unto me."

Dear devotees,

It has come to my realization that we (I) try to gain theoretical knowledge to feel that we have some position; some standing. It is almost as if we want to willingly put ourselves into illusion by gaining knowledge. How do we cope with it when we feel that we are not really 'smart'? That we are small. How does one cope with this?

Jnana is about cultivating expanded consciousness in impersonal brahman realization.

Cultivating knowledge of the Gaudiya shastra, Bhagavatam etc. has nothing to do with jnana.

It is a limb of devotional service.

It is vital in spiritual growth in devotional service.

Before we go to talk about the evils of jnana, we must first have a clear conception of what is jnana.

Jnana is cultivation of the impersonal brahman and the aspiration to attain a position like Lord Siva in mastery of the material energy.

Knowledge in Krsna consciousness has nothing to do with jnana.