IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
godisgreat_81

Exaltation of a strong malefic-good or bad?

Rate this topic

Dear experts,

As a learner of astrology , I have a question. When a strong malefic is exalted, does it make it more powerful to do its malefic job? Or does it make it less malefic?

For example, in a chart, with kanya Lagna, if Mars is exalted in 5th house, is it harmful for the child? Because Mars is by nature a malefic and for kanya lagna it lords 3rd and 8th lords which makes it a functional malefic. But with exaltation, it is happy. Does it make it better?

If the experts could throw some light on this, I'd be greatful.

Regards,

Nisha

Exaltation of Mars for Kanya lagna is very unfavourable for the children. Affliction to Venus(9th lord) and/or Jupiter(Karaka) could add to this and can cause delays and even denial of children.

Exaltation of malefic planets may be good as lagna lords (Sun in 9, Mars in 10th, Sat as 9/10) - but as dusthana lords they will bring in malefic results.

Exaltation of Mars for Kanya lagna is very unfavourable for the children. Affliction to Venus(9th lord) and/or Jupiter(Karaka) could add to this and can cause delays and even denial of children.

Exaltation of malefic planets may be good as lagna lords (Sun in 9, Mars in 10th, Sat as 9/10) - but as dusthana lords they will bring in malefic results.

Sir,

I have one more question, so does this mean debilitation of a malefic is better? Does debilitation of a malefic only weaken the malefic power or does it also add to it ?

Well when I said exaltation of Mars for Kanya is inauspicious - It is because Mars is more because he is dusthana lord and in this case he's a malefic.

Exaltation of dusthana lords is highly undesirable and vice versa debilitation is good. When we talk debilitation as good in this case - we expect no cancellation of debility as the best, cancellation will cause him to "rise its hood" in some other form.

Thank you so much classic72ji. One last question, I read that waning moon is a malefic. is it always malefic? For example if for cancer lagna, moon is conjunct sun(amavasya but exalted) in taurus, would it mean moon will act as a malefic ?

A lagna lord is never malefic or in opposition to the lagna, unless he owns a dusthana and joins a dusthana. For Cancer ascendant - Moon is lagna lord - so his prime motive is to protect sustain the lagna You.

Now since he is waxing - he can be considered malefic in how he performs his functions.

Now if he is exalted (in the 11th house) it is good - especially with the 2nd lord Sun.

For example if Mars is lagna lord - he will not be malefic to the lagna - unless he ends up in a dusthana ( since he is also owning a dusthana ).

He is by nature quite aggressive, active and forceful, enterprising etc.,

Classic72

A lagna lord is never malefic or in opposition to the lagna, unless he owns a dusthana and joins a dusthana. For Cancer ascendant - Moon is lagna lord - so his prime motive is to protect sustain the lagna You.

Now since he is waning - he can be considered malefic in how he performs his functions.

Now if he is exalted (in the 11th house) it is good - especially with the 2nd lord Sun.

For example if Mars is lagna lord - he will not be malefic to the lagna - unless he ends up in a dusthana ( since he is also owning a dusthana ).

He is by nature quite aggressive, active and forceful, enterprising etc.,

Classic72

Respected Sir,

If in a chart, a planet that is benefic in nature but functional malefic in a chart, but it is placed in a good house and being a lord of good house, and is weak in shadbala.

Will we try to strengthen it? What we will consider more while suggesting a remedy it's auspicious placement or it's functional malefic nature?

For example in the following chart

DOB: 6/oct/82

TOB: 6:43 am

POB: Patiala, Punjab

Jupiter is placed in house 2 but is lord of house 4 and 7 with virgo ascendent. It is weak in shadbala (0.95)

should we try t strengthen it or leave it as it is? what remedies can be suggested for the financial problem person is facing

I hope you will spare few minutes to answer this question from your very busy time.

Regards

Amateur

Dear Classic 72,

Many thanks for this interesting discussion.

1.Could you please specify what happens if the lagna lord is exalted but in a dushtana house? eg Venus pisces 6th,Libra lagna

2. Mars in own house in 7th house (libra lagna)...is that good or bad?

many thanks

Replying to godisgreat_81 query

Exaltation of a benefic dusthana lord like a Venus (lord of 6 and 11) for Sagittarius lagna will not be auspicious. The native may have access to good houses, property, luxuries - but either the native will lack peace of mind or will have ill health due to the exaltation of dusthana lord.

May have heart/chest related problems - since it is 6L in 4H.

Also the problems will continue to grow during the lifetime. It is upachaya position from both the angles. From the 6th Venus will be exalted in 11th, and from the 11th house it is placed in 6th.

Hope this makes sense

Classic72

Thank you so so much sir! I am really really happy to receive answers for my questions..

One last question sir, what does 12th lord moon debilitated in 4th house mean? This is in my newly born nephew's chart . Would this mean that there would be some distance between the mother and the child? More so since he is vishaka nakshatra 4th pada which also indicates the mother will be unavailable to him.