IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
melvin

Slum Dog Millionaire

Rate this topic

Nominated for Oscar`s best picture award, it`s a story that revolves around three characters in the movie. They are Jamal, the witty kid who connects his answers to the questions raised from his wretched childhood who eventually won 20 million rupees from an answer and question contest; Salim, Jamal`s toughie elder brother who envied Jamal for being a romantic and a sentimentalist, and Latika, the girl whom Jamal fell in love with.

My View:

You will fall in love and be entertained in the movie if you picture Jamal playing the role of Krsna, Salim as Balarama, and Latika as Radha. That`s why I wont be surprised if this movie Slum Dog Millionaire wins Oscar`s best motion picture of the year award.

Try and see it for yourselves.

We could discuss this movie in a spiritual way why there are so many individuals in India who dwell in the slums. Or why Lord Rama appeared in the movie when Jamal and Salim`s lives were in danger, or why sporadic riots between the Indian Muslims and Indian Hindus occur. You see, Salim before the movie ended embraced Islam and got himself killed( at the moment of his death Salim uttered " God is great!" )for saving Latika, etc.

great movie, i especialy like the host of who wants to be a millionaire :D

One thing that i find sad is some of the reactions it got in India, i saw a bollywood star (dont remember name) saying it portraits the country as backwards poor country and that i talked down to the people in the slums by calling them slum dogs, this is offcause a misunderstanding because i really think it takes the side of the "slum dogs" .