IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
shivu

Where does Maa Durga Lives?

Rate this topic

I would like to know where does Maa Durga resides? I know Maa Durga is omnipresent.

For Krishna is Goloka, for Shiva is Kailash, for Ram is Saket, for Vishnu is Vaikunta, likewise Maa Durga is ?

If you know please share your knowledge.

Thank You!

She lives in the devotees heart- Anahata chakra. The Devi Atharvasheersham says "Hrt pundareeka madhyashtam........". As mulaprakriti, everything that is manifested is Her. She is eternally united with Sadashiva as well. It is for us to realise this.

I would like to know where does Maa Durga resides? I know Maa Durga is omnipresent.

For Krishna is Goloka, for Shiva is Kailash, for Ram is Saket, for Vishnu is Vaikunta, likewise Maa Durga is ?

If you know please share your knowledge.

Thank You!

If you really, really believe she is omnipresent, then how can you specify a location for her? She is everywhere.

Else, you do not really believe in her omnipresence. You cannot have both. Pick one.

Cheers

durga can never be said to 'reside' particularly anywhere . if we veiw durga as shakti she becomes omnipotent and omnipresent . shakti in form of parvati or uma is the consort of shiva and resides at kailash . shakti in form of lakshmi resides in vaikuntha . in the form of indrani she might reside in indraloka .so on and so forth.....

generally we do not come across specific 'loka' for devi . rather she is thought to be the underlying prakriti or energy of every main god. but in the famous brahma samhita of gaudiya vaishnavas i did come across the term devi dham and mahesh dham . but this 'devi dham' is instantly reduced to the level of ordinary material world(earth) in its gaudiya interpretation.

Sambya,form is spritual as well as material.

Narakritim parah brahm

Para Brahm has a form as well as is formless,accepted by Shankaracharya as well as so many others.

It is wrong to say that MAhesh dham,Devi dham is material let alone Vaikuntha.

Bhavani resides on the lap of mahesvara in the spiritual world.She is the most intimate friend of Sri Mahalaxmi and manifests as Durga in the material world for creation in union with Shambhu.

She is Godhead's energy as revealed by sambya himself.She is called Vishnu sakti or Vishnumaya.

The Durga of the Spirtual world is rightly termed as Yogamaya and is accepted to be another form of Mahalaxmi.