IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Maharishi

Primordial Sound Meditation

Rate this topic

I think I have discovered the mantras that Deepak Chopra uses in his famous Primordial Sound Meditation. I have been initiated also and I have some knowledge of mantras and meditation, so I can tell.

The structure of the mantra = Aum "Beej mantra" namah

Beej mantra = a mantra which starts with the Nakshatra Pada Sound of your birth Nakshatra-pada (= the Nakshatra pada in which the moon falls at the time of your birth). The sound of your birth Nakshatra is your PERSONAL BIJA or BEEJA SOUND. After the PERSONAL BEEJA SOUND, usually there is an addition with "m" or "aam" or "eem" or "oom" to make it a complete PERSONAL BEEJA or BIJA Mantra with a bindu (ending).

For example : If your BEEJA SOUND = VA, then your mantra will be Aum VAAM namah. And if your BEEJA SOUND = PEE then your mantra will be Aum PEEM namah. You can find the list of Nakshatra Pada Sounds on the internet.

I have been meditating with a lot of mantras and methods, but I must admit that meditating with my PERSONAL BEEJA MANTRA gives extraordinary results. I found it to be very beneficial for my body and mind and it really stills my mind. I feel myself very familiar with my PERSONAL BEEJA MANTRA.

Before, I have practiced Transcendental Meditation , but the problem there is that the BEEJA's are not personal, but are associated with forms of Shakti. And the problem of Shakti is that it causes business and heaviness instead of stillness. So, I quit practising TM and started with the Primordial Sound Meditation.

Are the any other fellows who has a similar good experience with Primordial Sound Meditation ?

Note for editor/moderator : I have written in the topic of Vedic Astrology, because Vedic Astrology is the basis of the Primordial Sound meditation

Below here I provide a list with the personal BEEJ or BEEJA or BIJA sounds associated with each Nakshatra Pada in which the moon falls at the time of your birth.

By adding "M" (bindu) to these sounds you get the personal BEEJ or BEEJA of BIJA MANTRAS used in the famous Primordial Sound Meditation of Deepak Chopra and David Simon.

By placing "Aum" before and "Namah" after the personal BEEJ or BEEJA or BIJA MANTRA you get the complete Primordial Sound Meditation Mantra.

Ashvini Nakshatra

Chu (as in Fu-Manchu)

Che (as in chase)

Cho (as in choke)

La (as in lava)

Bharani Nakshatra

Li (as in lilt)

Lu (as in lute)

Le as in leg)

Lo (as in local)

Krittika Nakshatra

A (as in ananda)

I (as in iridescent)

U (as in uvula)

E (as in egg)

Rohini Nakshatra

O (as in odor)

Va (as in vanilla)

Vi (as in Vina)

Vo (as in vote)

Mrigashira Nakshatra

Ve (as in Veda)

Vo (as in votary)

Ka (as in Kanji)

Ke (as in Kenya)

Ardra Nakshatra

Ku (as in Kuwait)

Gha (as in Ghana)

Ng (pronounced "ng")

Chha (as in Churchill)

Punarvasu Nakshatra

Ke (as in Kenya)

Ko (as in kodiac)

Ha (as in hardy)

Hi (as in hither)

Pushya Nakshatra

Hu (as in hurrah)

He (as in heyday)

Ho (as in homogenous)

Da (no English equiv.)

Ashlesha Nakshatra

Di (no English equiv.)

Du (no English equiv.)

De (no English equiv.)

Do (no English equiv.)

Magha Nakshatra

Ma (as in maya)

Mi (as in miracle)

Mu (as in mudra)

Me (as in megabyte)

Purvaphalguni Nakshatra

Mo (as in motion)

Ta (no English equiv.)

Ti (no English equiv.)

Tu (no English equiv.)

Uttaraphalguni Nakshatra

Te (no English equiv.)

To (no English equiv.)

Pa (no English equiv.)

Pi (no English equiv.)

Hasta Nakshatra

Pu (as in purusha)

Sha (as in shanti)

Na (no English equiv.)

Tha (no English equiv.)

Chitra Nakshatra

Pe (as in Peru)

Po (as in pole)

Ra (as in Rama)

Ri (as in Rio de Janeiro)

Svati Nakshatra

Ru (as in rumor)

Re (as in regulate)

Ra (as in Rama)

Ta (as in Tahiti)

Vishakha Nakshatra

Ti (as in East Timor

Tu (as in tune)

Te (as in terrace)

To (as in total)

Anuradha Nakshatra

Na (as in Nagasaki)

Ni (as in Nicaragua)

Nu (as in numeral)

Ne (as in Nepal)

Jyeshta Nakshatra

No (as in noble)

Ya (as in Yama)

Yi (as in yield)

Yu (as in Yukon)

Mula Nakshatra

Ye (as in Yemen)

Yo (as in yo-yo)

Ba (as in ball)

Bi (as in Bini)

Purvashadha Nakshatra

Bu (as in Buddha)

Dha (as in dharma)

Bha (as in bhakti)

Dha (no English equiv.)

Uttarashadha Nakshatra

Be (as in beta)

Bo (as in Bohemian)

Ja (as in jar)

Ji (as in jiva)

Shravana Nakshatra

Ju (as in Jupiter)

Je (ay as in hay)

Jo (as in joke)

Gha (as in Ghana)

Dhanishta Nakshatra

Ga (as in garden)

Gi (ee as in keep)

Gu (as in guru)

Ge (as in Gestault)

Shatabhisha Nakshatra

Go (as in go)

Sa (as in Sahara)

Si (as in Sita)

Su (as in Surya)

Purvabhadhrapada Nakshatra

Se (as in Seoul)

So (as in sonar)

Da (as in Dante)

Di (as in dipa)

Uttarabhadhrapada Nakshatra

Du (as in duty)

Tha (as in Thar Desert)

JNa (as in Jnana)

Da (as in Tahiti)

Revati Nakshatra

De (as in deva)

Do (as in donut)

Cha (as in chakra)

Chi (as in chief)

The main principle during meditation is thinking the mantra effortlessly :

<CITE>"In this meditation, we do not concentrate, we do not try to think the mantra clearly. Mental repetition is not a clear pronunciation, rather it is a faint idea. We don't try to make a rhythm of the mantra. We don't try to control thoughts. We do not wish th</CITE><CITE>at thoughts should not come. If a thought comes, we do not try to push it out. We don't feel sorry about it. When a thought comes, the mind is completely absorbed in the thought. And if at any time you seem to be forgetting the mantra, don't try to hold on. Whenever we forget the mantra, we come back to to it very quietly. It is a very simple and natural process.

</CITE><CITE>"When we become aware that we are not thinking the mantra, then we quietly come back to the mantra. Very easily we think the mantra and if at any moment we feel that we are forgetting it, we should not try to persist in repeating it. Only very easily we start and take it as it comes and do not hold the mantra if it tends to slip away.

</CITE><CITE>

</CITE><CITE>"The mantra may change in different ways. It can get faster or slower, louder or softer, clearer or fainter. Its pronunciation may change, lengthen or shorten or even may appear to be distorted or it may not appear to change at all. In every case, we take </CITE><CITE>it as it comes, neither anticipating nor resisting change, just simple innocence."</CITE>

"There is no need to try to stop thinking because thoughts are a part of meditation. Even if the mind is filled with other thoughts while the mantra is going on, there is no conflict. Our concern is with the mantra, and if other thoughts are there along with it, we do not mind them and we don't try to remove them. We are not concerned with them, we innocently favor the mantra."

"Noise is no barrier to meditation. Even in a noisy market, it is possible to be thinking thoughts and whenever we can think, we can meditate. So one can think the mantra comfortably even though aware of outside noises. We just innocently favor the mantra <CITE>and do not try to resist noise in any way."</CITE>

"Even with some discomfort we should be able to meditate, for anyone who can think can meditate, and even with some bodily discomfort, it's our experience that we do not lose the natural ability to have thoughts."

"One thing is very important, that we do not
try<CITE> to meditate. We do not try to keep the tempo of the mantra the same, nor do we try to change the tempo. And, we do not concentrate against thoughts we might have, or against noises we might hear. We do not r</CITE> <CITE>esist thoughts, we do not resist noise, we do not resist the mantra changing or disappearing, we do not resist anything. We take it as it comes. It is a very simple, natural, innocent process. When we meditate at home, we start with half a minute sitting e</CITE> <CITE>asily. That means, close the eyes about half a minute and then start the mantra easily. And when we want to end meditation then we stop thinking the mantra inside, but do not open the eyes for about 2 minutes. This is very important that we start with half</CITE> <CITE>a minute of silence and end with 2 minutes of silence."</CITE>

Below here I offer you some questions which may aid you in thinking the mantra effortlessly :

"
<CITE>When we close our eyes, naturally we feel some quietness, some silence, yes ?"</CITE>

"Did you feel some quietness, some silence ?"

3. "
Did you have any thoughts in that silence ?"

"Did you notice how spontaneously, how effortlessly these thoughts come?"

"
<CITE>Did you notice that a thought comes naturally, effortlessly and spontaneously?"</CITE>

"
<CITE>Did you notice that thoughts come without any effort?"</CITE>

This is how we should think the mantra effortlessly. We close our eyes and sit easily. After about half a minute, we begin to think the mantra in that same effortless way as we think other thoughts.

There are only three possible outcomes during meditation :

1. Falling asleep

2. Getting a lot of thoughts

3. Slipping/Falling into the Gap between thoughts

Falling asleep means that you are still too tired.

Getting a lot of thoughts is a sign of stress release of the body-mind system

Slipping/Falling into the Gap between thoughts happens when 1. and 2. does not happen

It is not possible to directly experience this Gap.

You can only know that you have been there when you are already out of it.

Signs of approaching and entering the Gap are a very silent breathing and the absence of thoughts. It is also possible that you loses the sense of time while being in the Gap. After staying in the Gap for some seconds of minutes you will notice that you take a deep breath and get new thoughts. Then the process will repeat again.

Hello, I am doing a 21 day guided meditation online, with Deepak Chopra, and trying to figure out my personal primordial sound mantra. I found my Nakshatra with the kind help of Pandit S.P.Tata. However, now I am stuck on the actual sounds/pronunciation. Can you please help with this? Thank you in advance.

Below here I provide a list with the personal BEEJ or BEEJA or BIJA sounds associated with each Nakshatra Pada in which the moon falls at the time of your birth.

By adding "M" (bindu) to these sounds you get the personal BEEJ or BEEJA of BIJA MANTRAS used in the famous Primordial Sound Meditation of Deepak Chopra and David Simon.

By placing "Aum" before and "Namah" after the personal BEEJ or BEEJA or BIJA MANTRA you get the complete Primordial Sound Meditation Mantra.

Does this mean for the Ashlesha Nakshatra it is :

Aum M Di Namah

Aum M Du Namah

Aum M De Namah

Aum M Do Namah

:eek2: I am American - I do not know how to pronounce the Di, Du, De, Do (your list says there are no equivalents) - If I was to say them like "Dee, Due, Deh, Doe" - would they work, or be effective?

Kind regards, Jennifer