IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Subham

Sleep and Death

Rate this topic

Hari OM:

Children are normally worried or scared to sleep, because they don't know what will happen to their toys or friends once they fall asleep and will it be available when they woke-up again. So they try to avoid sleep as much as possible. But the Mother being more intelligent than the children knows sleep is a critical item for child and makes the child sleep by singing or telling stories (sattvic), giving a nice beating (rajasic) or frightening them with ghosts (tamasic).

I "think" grown-ups (by age) have the same feeling towards death. They are afraid what will happen to their toys (house, car...) and friends/relatives etc., God (or his representative) being infintenly more intelligent makes the human die in either of the three ways.

So I think either we have to go to the 4th state of consciousness (i.e., transcend sleep and wake)--Gyana Marg or completly accept God knows best and die peacefully knowing that He will take care of you in sleep and after you wake-up --Bhakti Marg

What do you say?