IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Devotee trades up

Rate this topic

Hansadutta Maharaja: We can take eleven different group photos, each man in the center.

Background noise: (Devotees discussing amongst themselves)

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: But, you may start with your gurudeva, Swami Maharaja, in the center and others as parsada. You must start in this way now. Then the time will help you gradually.

Jayapataka Maharaja: Thank you. Those mandirs which Srila Prabhupad, our Bhaktivedanta...

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: Prabhupada in the center, group photo, manage in this way, Prabhupada in the center and all others, who will initiate, those that will initiate, as parsada.

Tamal Krsna Maharaja: This is in the main branches or in the sub-branches? This is in the main Math or everywhere?

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: This will be maintained everywhere.

Tamal Krsna Maharaja: Everywhere.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: Everywhere.

Tamal Krsna Maharaja: Group photo.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: Synthesis will help you most. As much as we can synthesize that will come to help you more.

Jayapataka Maharaja: The disciples of our gurus picture, shouldn't be on the Vyasasana. It was suggested that if that Vyasasana was kept for Prabhupada, a second Vyasasana for others could be installed. This was one idea, we do not know what is the proper etiquette.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: That asana should not be occupied by any of the disciples, because the disciples who are initiating, the initiating disciples, present guru, he will also regard his guru as superior to him. So he cannot occupy that seat. Do you follow?

Aside: Even his picture?

Jayapataka Maharaja: Similarly, his picture should not occupy. (Bengali)

Background assembly: A little picture on the bottom.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: (Bengali) Just next to that seat, the present gurus seat should be given, should be placed.

Jayapataka Maharaja: Second seat.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: Second seat, should be given to the initiating guru, present initiating guru.

Jayapataka Maharaja: So, on the original vyasasana, no picture, or...

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: The picture of Swami Maharaja, a picture will be introduced there and just a little below, nearest seat will be for the present acarya. The present disciple will say that he is giving honor to his own guru. That, will rather impress the disciple, that even the siddha guru, he is also giving respect to his own guru. This way, I must learn. A guru should be always kept above.

Jayapataka Maharaja: But in those temples which are now newly established, by zonal guru, in that place then, this would not be required? (Bengali)

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: Even in new organization also, the same thing will go on, because whatever you are creating, that is with the impression, first impression with him, from him.

Tamal Krsna Maharaja: Thats a fact.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: That will all come within, within the same administration.

Jayapataka Maharaja: So, when the, such disciple does guru puja at these asanas, then he will first do the puja to his guru and then to his guru.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: Then his, his guru, the Deities and afterwards all other gurus or Vaisnavas.

Jayapataka Maharaja: Vaisnavas are after the Deities.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: After the Deities.

Jayapataka Maharaja: Which mantra?

Tamal Krsna Maharaja: Just like if Jayapataka gives one of his new men initiation-if Jayapataka Swami gives diksa to somebody, how that sisya will offer his pramans to Jayapataka, in what words, what mantra?

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: In ordinary mantra of guru puja, until and unless his disciples compile a mantra, a special mantra for him, he is not to go to arrange the mantra or pranam, but when his disciples will come and make a mantra for guru-puja, they will do like that, otherwise a general mantra:

om ajnana-timirandhasya jnanjana-salakaya

caksur unmilitam yena tasmai sri-gurve namah

[ I offer my respectful obiesance unto my spiritual master, who has opened my eyes, which were blinded by the darkness of ignorance, with the torchlight of knowledge. ]

With this ordinary common mantra, it will be performed, but when his disciples will come to such a stage as to compose a special mantra for him, which has special characteristic mentioned there, then they will perform with that mantra.

Jayapataka Maharaja: To say, nama om visnupadaya . . . (Bengali)

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: Yes, that may be, sisya will always say that, visnupada, the representative of Visnu.

Jayapataka Maharaja: That's a general mantra.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: He is in the feet of Krsna. nama om vishupadaya . . . common and other things where the sisya will see in the guru that should be mentioned there, special characteristics, that may be general and visnupadaya, krsna prestaya bhutale, it is all common.

Jayapataka Maharaja: (Bengali)

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: And then, the name will come and the special characteristics may be mentioned there.

Jayapataka Maharaja: Accha.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: That will be, that will come from the disciples, that customarily in Sanskrit.

Tamal Krsna Maharaja: (Background): Etiquette of choosing the guru.

Jayapataka Maharaja: Should be pure Sanskrit?

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: Corrrect Sanskrit language, otherwise you see, one fine point, those in our position also, our gurudeva, he dictated in English some instructions once, but little faulty from the standpoint of correct English, then our one professor Bhaal, disciple, he told that dictionary should be corrected. What gurudeva says, it is alright.

Assembly: Laughter. Jaya.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: Do you follow? Grammer and dictionary should be corrected, but what guru says it is alright. Then another little higher position disciple, he told, that , that is the lowest class disciples statement. The higher class disciple will see that what guru wants from him, what sort of service he wants, that correct English should go to establish his position to the public, so when it comes to the sisya, it will adjust. Suppose your gurudeva, when you are going to take his photo, in ordinary dress, he comes before the photo maker. But the sisya will, no, no. You should stand in this posture, with this dress dress you must take the photo. Do you follow?

Assembly: Yes.

Tamal Krsna Maharaja: Very clear, very clear.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: So, in language also, gurudeva gives the main point, but the language, if it is a little faulty, faulty to the public, the sisya will come, no this should be couched in good language, that is not harmful. Do you follow?

Assembly: Yes.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: So, in Sanskrit, what your guru maharaja has told, namo sarasvatam-all these things, you say, I can't follow whether it is correct gramatically, but it will be your duty according to my opinion to couch it well with the language. And that will be the greatest service, service of higher quality, and to say that dictionary should be corrected and the grammer should be corrected, what my guru has said, but practically that will be kanistha-adhikari service. The lower sisya, the lower status service....To explain his prestige and position, you will dress him in good dress.

guror apy avaliptasya karyakaryam ajanatah utpatha-pratipannasya parityago vidhiyate

It is one’s duty to give up a guru who cannot teach the disciple what he should do and what he should not do, and who takes the wrong path, either because of bad association or because he is opposed to Vaisnavas.

what it really says:

guror api--even of a guru; avaliptasya--proud and contaminated; karya-akaryam--what is to be done and what is not to be done; ajanatah—who does not know; utpatha--the wrong path; pratipannasya--who has taken to; parityagah--rejection; vidhiyate--is enjoined.

Krsna kirti must show that his guru is indeed fallen in that way if he wants to reject him.

Thank you, Sonic Yogi for the quotes. I have read these transcripts before.

Srila Sridhara Maharaja: In Mahabharat, Visvanatha says, statement: Dasa Mahajana , one of Dasa Mahajanas is Bhisma. Bhisma says to Parasurama, he is astra guru. Astra guru, also deva guru, acarya guru. Jiva Goswami Prabhu has taken this example

guror apy avaliptasya karyakaryam ajanatah

utpatha-prathipannasya parityago vidhiyate

"A guru who does not know what is to be done and what is not to be done, who has left the path of devotional service, should be abandoned." Mahabharata (Udyoga-parva 179.25)

In 1977 Prabhupada appointed 11 people to give diksa and first initiations to new devotees. That has nothing to do with 'absolutism of being the next acarya'. When Andy-the-ritvik questions the validity of those initiations he questions Prabhupada's authorization as well. I took first initiation in 1979 and second in 1980 from Harikesa, who was one of the 11 people Prabhupada authorized to do so. Would I take initiation from Harikesa if Prabhupada did not explicitly authorized him to do so? Not likely.

So if Andy insists on considering such initiations as bogus and blaming the new devotees for allowing themselves to be cheated, he is also blaming Prabhupada for creating a system in which people he authorized as his representatives cheated the newcomers.

However, Andy has no clue what was going on in that part of the world 30 years ago, because he was not there. He did not see the efforts of various devotees to translate, print, and distribute millions of Prabhupada's books in Eastern Europe, often done by devotees risking their life in the process. I was there so I know. Several times I very narrowly escaped arrest or had to bribe the police to get devotees out of jail. Harikesa was one of the devotees whose own actions inspired us to serve Mahaprabhu's mission. We were told he was appointed by Prabhupada to give us initiations, and we took them, because HE ACTED THE PART PRABHUPADA MADE HIM PLAY!

Yes, many years later he fell down badly, for various reasons... and may Lord Krsna be kind to him for the service he performed in His mission. I do not give a flying hoot about what Andy or other ritviks think about my diksa. I know what is true and what is valid for me. Let them worry about their own salvation and the validity of their own connection to Krsna and our sampradaya.

Thing is we cannot leave it like that. People will always try to find out what actually happened. 100% full assurance and certitude, full clarification of facts, what exactly was going on, how they were doing it.

Deliberately misleading people to what extent? I want to know to exactly what extent they purposefully did the wrong thing and why they rejected Prabhupada? What they were thinking while rejecting Prabhupada?

My point is this: "Following the instructions of ŚrīCaitanyaMahāprabhu and His disciplic succession, one can become a spiritual master, for the process is very easy. One can go everywhere and anywhere to preach the instructions of Kṛṣṇa. " Srila Prabhupada

If none of Prabhupada's disciples are fit to be a guru after more than 3 decades of following his process, than his mission is a complete failure and he is lying about the process of becoming a spiritual master being very easy.

If you can't see that Hridayananda fits the requirements in the above sentence than I can't help you. You ritviks find every concievable excuse to discredit Prabhupada's disciples acting as gurus. Your quotes above are a perfect example of such efforts.

If you can't see that someone who disobeyed his Spiritual Master, criticizes his Spiritual Master, Contradicts his spiritual master, cannot possibly be chanting "offenselessly", then I pity you. You can't "help" me. I don't need your "help". You can't even help yourself.

By your constant misrepresentation of orders set in stone in a letter that all the world has seen, (Considering those appointed to Initiate "ON HIS BEHALF" to be appointed "initiating Diksa Gurus who are manifestations of Sri Madana Mohan Vigraha" regardless of how offensive they are).

It is obvious that you think the average person on this forum..

1. Can't read.

2. Would accept unrepentant offensive rascals as having already completed the "easy process" of "Becoming a spiritual master", and to be pure representatives of the Lord.

3. Doesn't see through your sophomoric attempts at maintaining lies to keep your illusory self-image intact.

Your claim that because I and everyone else have recognized so many rascals that we believe that "none" of Srila Prabhupada's disciples are fit to be Guru, is another example of your own insane hyperbolic view of the world, which you then project on us, putting words into our mouths that were never spoken.

Let the example of Kulapavana be a cautionary tale for all.

If you are in denial of the truth, are attached to believing you are someone you are not, and unwilling to face the facts, you will twist and manipulate until your last breath hoping to keep your house of cards from collapsing.

The punch line is that it is actually EASIER to face the truth of one's fallen nature, call a spade a spade, listen to the current Acarya, and thus never be fooled again.

The alternative is to try and fool others, and when those who can't be fooled catch you in the act, its gonna hurt.

Your claim that because I and everyone else have recognized so many rascals that we believe that "none" of Srila Prabhupada's disciples are fit to be Guru, is another example of your own insane hyperbolic view of the world, which you then project on us, putting words into our mouths that were never spoken.

I am going to put your bullsh..t above to the road test:

Tell me please, WHO among Srila Prabhupada's disciples is fit to be Guru in your opinion? I want A NAME, or NAMES! Otherwise I will consider you just another ritvik liar.

Who are "those who can't be fooled" [as stated by andy108]?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The Vedic injunction is that one must approach—the word “compulsory” is used—a bona fide spiritual master, a guru. And what is the qualification of a spiritual master?

He is one who has rightly heard the Vedic message from the right source.

And he must practically be firmly established in Brahman.

These are the two qualities he must have. Otherwise he is not bona fide.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY> <TR> <TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>Originally Posted by Kulapavana

"...may Lord Krsna be kind to him for the service he performed . . .

I know what is true and what is valid for me.

Let them worry about their own salvation and the validity of their own connection to Krsna and our sampradaya."

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bravo Kulapavana prabhu!

This is where putting trust in other's judgement and opinion of what THEY know from their own experience comes down to.

Speak with absolute certainty or acquiesce to senor guidance.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

The Lord takes charge of fully surrendered souls; thus all problems are solved simply by surrendering oneself unto the Lord and acting in terms of His directions. Such directions are given to the sincere devotee in two ways: one is by way of the saints, scriptures and spiritual master, and the other is by way of the Lord Himself, who resides within the heart of everyone.

Thus the devotee, fully enlightened with Vedic knowledge, is protected in all respects.

So keep studying Vedic knowledge --in service to Vaishnava.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Maybe Andy108 can be of some specific service to Kulapavana?

Kulapavana asks Andy108:

WHO among Srila Prabhupada's disciples is fit to be Guru in your opinion? I want A NAME, or NAMES!

Well?

I do not give a flying hoot about what Andy or other ritviks think about my diksa. I know what is true and what is valid for me.

I don't give a flying hoot about what is "true" for Kulapavana. He can't back it up with actual proof from the person he claims is an Acarya, so what is the use of "his truth". I might as well get David Letterman's opinion on who is a Guru.

No, the old "true for me" stance is simply the kernel or core of the beginning of just another cult of personality based on what "truth" makes someone feel good about themselves.

William James discussion with Syamasundara.Śyāmasundara:</B> One thing that puzzles me is if what is practical for one person is not practical for another person, then what is the criterion of truth? Is truth relative? This is true for me but it is not true for you. This isn't true for him but it is...</B>

Prabhupāda:</B> Yes. There are relative truths. But for the Absolute Truth... There is Absolute Truth and relative truth. So first of all we have to see in which you are interested—Absolute Truth or relative truth. That is to be understood. There are two kinds of truth....

Prabhupāda:</B> That is another nonsense. That is another nonsense. Truth is true. Not that... I cannot fashion truth. This statement is nonsense. Truth is true. Fire is hot. That is true. If I imagine that fire is cold, is that philosophy? He does not prove. He does not know what is truth. One who does not know what is truth, therefore they imagine or manufacture truth. Just like Vivekananda, yata mata, Ramakrishna, yata mata tata patha, "You can manufacture your truth." That is going on. That is going on. The hippies, they are manufacturing their truth. So truth cannot be manufactured. Truth is truth. That is called absolute truth. Not relative truth, absolute truth. You can manufacture relative truth, but absolute truth is one

Śyāmasundara:</B> In other words, truth is relative, according to him.</B>

Prabhupāda:</B> No. Truth is not relative. Your position is relative. So long you are under the clutches of māyā, your understanding of God is relative. God is not relative. God is absolute. You cannot understand God. Your position is relative. Just like, I will give you a practical example: a man is deaf and he is calling wife, "Mrs. such and such, such and such." She is replying, "Yes. I am coming." But he himself is deaf. He cannot hear the wife is replying. So he is accusing his wife, "Mrs. such and such is very deaf; she cannot hear." She is hearing; she is replying. This rascal cannot hear; therefore she becomes deaf. This is an example.

So those who strictly stick with their Spiritual Master's exact words and consider that absolute are offensive, narrow minded, restricting their Spiritual Master's ability to create Gurus, neglecting the legacy of all those those who passed out his Books for their own selfish reasons and didn't take rules and regs seriously.

Conversely, those who would be more liberal with the truth are going to save the world because everyone will be able to fit in there somewhere, as long as they have the creative ability to decide what is true for them, Presto, Instant Diksa Guru, Saviors of Humanity and a fit vehicle for Sri Madana Mohan Vigraha.

Yawn.

</B>

Tell me please, WHO among Srila Prabhupada's disciples is fit to be Guru in your opinion? I want A NAME, or NAMES! Otherwise I will consider you just another ritvik liar.

Bas. To anyone with a third grade education, it is obvious that I am testing you. And you fail. To divert from the fact that I am right about you putting words in my mouth, and you cannot go back into the past and defeat "that truth", you presume to test me.

Hah Hah Hah.

Like I would let a rascal like you have a name of such a glorious person.

Ritvik liar. That is a good one.

Don't forget, the third graders can read too. They know who is lying.

What a joke.

Is your beloved Sridhara Maharaja a ritvik liar also?

You are digging your grave so deep it will take you 10 kalpas to climb back out.

Here is another good one.

A "devotee" of Lord Krsna who still thinks the stool of a cow is somehow something dirty and worthy to be used as a derogatory symbol.

I actually take it as a complement that what I write is compared to the stool of our sacred cow. The perfect Antiseptic to clean up the infected garbage your mind is spewing all over this forum.

Who are "those who can't be fooled" [as stated by andy108]?

If you have to ask, you aren't one of them, that is for sure.

If truly interested in the answer, try reading the Bhagavad Gita As it Is, 1972 MacMillan First edition, authored by HDG AC Bhaktivedanta Swami.

Jayapataka Maharaja: Maharaja, when our Srila Prabhupada left, then he has given instruction that for initiating and for carrying on the sampradaya there would be eleven-in the beginning, he appointed eleven devotees, his disciples, to be initiating spiritual masters or to accept disciples and in the future that number would also be able to be increased.

lies.....

Bas. To anyone with a third grade education, it is obvious that I am testing you. And you fail.

oh... OK... I understand... you tell a bold lie and when you are called on it... it becomes a 'test"? LOL! Yes, you are liar...

and you have also proven my point: you and other ritviks consider nobody qualified to be a guru among Prabhupada's disciples. Your comment "Like I would let a rascal like you have a name of such a glorious person" is just another lie aimed to skirt an issue.

you ritviks are such a hoot :rolleyes:

and you have also proven my point: you and other ritviks consider nobody qualified to be a guru among Prabhupada's disciples.

No, we just say that he didn't appoint any gurus.

Those appointments were to ritvik positions.

Other than that, Srila Prabhupada said many times that his disciples would also have to become spiritual master.

In fact, in the act of becoming a true disciple one is duty bound to continue the legacy of the Sankirtan movement.

To become a disciple brings with it the responsibility of becoming guru if the situation requires.

But, there are many senior devotees that can act as guru.

Junior Godbrothers should just refer candidates to the senior devotees like Narayana Maharaja, Govinda Maharaja etc. etc.

lies.....

No offense intended to those who love Srila Bhakti Raksak Sridhar Maharaja.

He was not chosen to do the work that AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada did.

He was not the Founder-Acarya of the revival of the Krsna Consciousness Movement termed Iskcon by Srila Prabhupada.

Srila Prabhupada was chosen and empowered and created the paramaters for Sadhana for his mission, for those who would accept discipline under Him.

Srila Prabhupada claimed that of his Godbrothers that Sridhara Maharaja was the "best of the lot" despite condemning him for his fence sitting act in encouraging the creation of the Bagh Bazzar false Acarya group.

He said that none of his Godbrothers were capable of becoming Acarya, but he praised Sridhara Maharaja of at least strictly following the regulative principles.

So we can be sure that when Sridhara struck out on his own to preach, giving up his "inward looking" posture, that he took the step from Pure kanistha to Pure Madhyama.

All this said, if anyone claims they needed to, or that anyone should, go to Sridhara for clarification regarding Srila Prabhupada's instructions on how Sadhana was to run in Iskcon, they are simply creating a smokescreen for their lack of faith in Srila Prabhupada's plain, clear, and explicit instructions.

Going for such a second opinion is tantamount to Guru aparadha if that person still claims to represent AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada and his Iskcon institution.

If that person was unsatisfied with ACBSP's Siksa and simply sought Siksa from Sridhara Maharaja, and then proceeds to preach based on that new Siksa, while honoring his Diksa guru by not usurping his intellectual or physical properties, or preaching contradictory sadhana instructions to his Diksa Guru's remaining Siksa disciples, that is fine and dandy.

A disciple of AC Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada is satisfied with the Instructions gained through His Siksa, and needs not seek clarification from anyone who is not a disciple of that Siksa.

Those 11 rascals really put Sridhara Maharaja on the spot, and such manipulations were just par for the course. How was Sridhara Maharaja to understand the way that Bhativedanta Swami was uniquely used by Lord Krsna to do what no-one had been able to do.

Sridhara Maharaja was very soft hearted and attempted to give them the best advice he could, but his inexperience and sentiment blinded him to the true purpose of these rascals, who would twist anything Sridhara Maharaja said in order to justify their attempt to rule the world by force.

And the rest as they say, is history.

Of course Sridhara Maharaja had the last laugh on them when after creating his own Preaching mission (Sri Caitanya Saraswat Matha) he appointed a Ritvik to initiate disciples on his behalf just before he disappeared from our mortal vision. Glorious.

Anyway Prabhus, unfortunately even a blind sentimentalist like me can see that Kulapavana is a lost cause, and as I have knocked the stuffing out of him, he doesn't even make a good punching bag anymore. Been there done that.

It would be nice to use this Forum to discuss some serious ideas on how those who have Faith that Srila Prabhupada's instructions for organized Sankirtana/Sadhu Sanga can be practically implemented.

Of the few who post here that I believe might actually think this could be done, by some miracle, being behind the 8 ball, having lost all his properties, etc, I think I am junior by age.

So how about some propositions from some of the Seniors? Start a new thread maybe with your ideas?

In otherwords, I would invite you where I live now for Kirtana and Prasadam if I could. But I can't. I am living anonymously in a closet with no money, but hey free internet access, a tape player to listen to Srila Prabhupada, His Books and a Japa bag. All a growing Bhakta needs right?

Hare Krsna

Care to give me some names of these devotees?

Like B.G. Narasimha Maharaja and Tripurari Maharaja amongst the disciples of Srila Prabhupada.

Tripurari Maharaja, I still have a high regard for him.

But, Narasimha Maharaja has a really nice ashram in south India.

He is partnered with my old colleague B.B Vishnu Maharaja.

These two guys have the best program going as far as I am concerned.

<table width="800" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="754" align="center">

dot_clear.gifswami-narasingha-side.jpg

dot_clear.giflinks-sbgn.jpg

</td> <td colspan="3" valign="top" align="center"> senior_editor.gif

dot_clear.gif

dot_clear.gifwaterpot.gif

</td> <td rowspan="2" valign="top" width="197">n_mj_danda.gif</td></tr></tbody></table>

Like B.G. Narasimha Maharaja and Tripurari Maharaja amongst the disciples of Srila Prabhupada.

Good choices. I'm not sure these two devotees can be called 'many' but at least you did not dodge the question and named truly qualified gurus among Prabhupada's disciples.

In the eighties and nineties I had the fortune to associate with the first Hungarian devotee who was a sannyasi. Because of the Soviet Domination he was fluent in Russian and became the first translator of Srila Prabhupada's books into both Russian and Hungarian. After Prabhupada left the world he took sannyasa from Harikesa and was the regional secretary for Hungary. One day in the mid-eighties, Harikesa along with some gundas stormed the Budapest temple when this Maharaja (who later was known as Bhakti Abhaya Narayana Maharaja). It seemed that some of the newer devotees had much affection and respect for Maharaja and hardly knew Harikesa and some had been clamoring to take initiation from Maharaja although he wasn't GBC approved. Harikesa was threatened a pulled a coup de'tat, effectively ousting Maharaja from Hungary. Some of the newer devotees wanted to go with Maharaja, but Harikesa floated a story that Maharaja was disloyal to Srila Prabhupada because he was secretely in to Srila Sridhar Maharaja. Maharaja told us, "I didn't even know much about Srila Sridhar Maharaja at the time, so the story was a frabrication."

Later some godbrothers advised Maharaja to go to Navadvip to consult with Srila Sridhar Maharaja for Harikesa had also revoked his sannyasa. Later Maharaja became Bhakti Abhaya Narayana Maharaja after receiving the name and danda from Srila Sridhar Maharaja. Unfortunately Maharaja left this world around 1994 due to an automobile accident in Hungary.

In the eighties and nineties I had the fortune to associate with the first Hungarian devotee who was a sannyasi.

I knew him in his brahmacari days (his name was Dvarakesa das) and he was indeed a very sweet devotee. Led great kirtans. Hungarian devotees loved him because he was the one who helped them the most to become Krsna conscious. Later he became Bhakti Dayal Swami and had some serious fall out with Harikesa. Some say his accident was no accident at all but a whack job Harikesa ordered.