IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Devotee trades up

Rate this topic

My Relationship With Hridayananda
BY: KRISHNA-KIRTI DAS

Feb 14, USA (SUN) —
Dear Devotees, Hare Krishna and please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Asmany of you know, for many years I have been an initiated disciple ofHridayananda Goswami. However, on account of recent news of hisblessing of homosexual nuptials and his less-than-straightforwardresponse to the devotee community about his involvement, I haveformally ended my relationship with him as his disciple.

That is all.

Yours in the service of Srila Prabhupada,

Krishna Kirti Das

My Relationship With Hridayananda
BY: KRISHNA-KIRTI DAS

Feb 14, USA (SUN) —
Dear Devotees, Hare Krishna and please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Asmany of you know, for many years I have been an initiated disciple ofHridayananda Goswami. However, on account of recent news of hisblessing of homosexual nuptials and his less-than-straightforwardresponse to the devotee community about his involvement, I haveformally ended my relationship with him as his disciple.

That is all.

Krishna Kirti Das

This is hard to believe that there was not something else, something more striking. After all, HDG signaled lately willingness to negotiate and readiness to give-and-take. To relieve this of Krishna Kirti that the communication with his guru got so much bogged down due this issue, isn't plausible. Any suggestions?

Makes perfect sense. He didn't buy into the explanation given by H, same as a lot of us. Knowing what Srila Prabhupada's views on the subject were he was unwilling to deviate from Prabhupada's example even to the point of rejection his current guru.

It is obvious he has chosen Srila Prabhupada as his guru.

He didn't buy into the explanation given by H, same as a lot of us.

What can we do? It is a tragedy. They seem to have only got the "living" idea organized, but they seem to have forgot all about the "guru" part of their equation. Hopefully Krishna kirti Prabhu stays on the path of bhakti.

From my experience with this fellow, he is just another "Srila Prabhupada is long gone, posthumous, can't give diksa from a tape recorder through ritivks now that his body is in samadhi", and mental speculator of the fourth degree.

He considered himself "initiated" by a usurping faker like Hryday, and has stood by that for decades of Hrydaya's misrepresentation and overt non-acarya behavior, (wearing shoes on altar, claiming he likes to listen to classical orchestral music in his spare time as opposed to kirtana, the list goes on) while still encouraging the fawning masses to address him as "Acaryadeva".

Now he takes a strategic posture to assure him some spoils from the fallout of the splintering of Iskcon.

Yawn.

From my experience with this fellow, he is just another "Srila Prabhupada is long gone, posthumous, can't give diksa from a tape recorder through ritivks now that his body is in samadhi", and mental speculator of the fourth degree.

He considered himself "initiated" by a usurping faker like Hryday, and has stood by that for decades of Hrydaya's misrepresentation and overt non-acarya behavior, (wearing shoes on altar, claiming he likes to listen to classical orchestral music in his spare time as opposed to kirtana, the list goes on) while still encouraging the fawning masses to address him as "Acaryadeva".

Now he takes a strategic posture to assure him some spoils from the fallout of the splintering of Iskcon.

Yawn.

I used to read Krsna kirti's blogs and sometimes communicated with him. Even four years ago, KK and Hridayananda were having spats over the Gay Rights issue. The blessing of the "gay marriage" was the last straw for him. Still KK is a big-time GBC loyalist and is often either apologizing for their postitions and actions or trying to exert some influence over them. So in his case this is more like an institutional political statement than a spiritual-religious one.

Yawn.

Well whatever his past position was it appears he has had an epiphany on the subject. People are allowed to change. Why not give the man the benefit of the doubt.

Anyway what does his decision have to do with Iskcon?

I used to read Krsna kirti's blogs and sometimes communicated with him. Even four years ago, KK and Hridayananda were having spats over the Gay Rights issue. The blessing of the "gay marriage" was the last straw for him. Still KK is a big-time GBC loyalist and is often either apologizing for their postitions and actions or trying to exert some influence over them. So in his case this is more like an institutional political statement than a spiritual-religious one.

I guess I have the advantage of not knowing his past. Sounds like a good oppurtunity to offer some encouragement KK,s to me.

Trades up to what? I'm a little puzzled by the thread's title.

Krishna-kirti is not lost to Krishna consciousness. He has much association with like-minded devotees.

He and I have corresponded quite a bit over the last six or seven years. As has been noted here, there has been tension between him and Hridayananda for years. Hirdayananda seems to trend rather liberal in the area of social policy (I guess this is one way you could characterize it), and KK trends very conservative. Anyone who has ever read KK's blog can see that he's much closer in many ways to Danavir Maharaja and Trivikrama Maharaja than to Hridayananda Maharaja.

I think, though, that he has advocated a "liberal"/"conservative" (ahem., I mean "traditional") schism in ISKCON and has recently advocated leaving ISKCON (if I remember correctly, though I may be wrong about that one).

When one has a siksa guru that is coming from another branch of Caitanya Saraswat line, he will have to harmonize the apparent differences between his siska guru and Srila Prabhupada. Then there will be a personal sythesis. In GBC dominated Iskcon, and in other similar circles such an approach is taboo.

Hridayananda M. has fully absorbed the 'Comparitive Religions conception' that he learned in the university system and now teaches at the University of Florida (how 'bout them Gators!). Now he has haromized the teachings of Srila Prabhupada with the 'Comparitive Religions conception' and derived his unique personal sythesis. Hrdayananda M. is quick to flaunt his personal synthetic conception to all areas of the topic of Krsna bhakti and often rubs those who care for standard Gaudiya Vaisnavism the wrong way. Even from the 'comparitive religion conception' one would accept that a Gaudiya Vaisnava guru would be duty bound not to make that kind of synthesis. If so then one would no longer be within the definition of Gaudiya Vaisnavism. One who has taken the position of a Gaudiya Vaisnava guru has a sacred duty not to step that far out of bounds.

In fact this is what can happen when we become to proud of our intellect:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUee1WvtQZU

Trades up to what? I'm a little puzzled by the thread's title.

Well what I got from his short letter was he is dropping H. as a guru figure and is focusing directly on Srila Prabhupada.

That is what I call a trade up.

Well what I got from his short letter was he is dropping H. as a guru figure and is focusing directly on Srila Prabhupada.

True, but for years he's seen Srila Prabhupada as big, big, big guru and Hridayananda as little guru. Recently his began to see him as little, little guru. Now he finally has the smoking gun and saw that he's little, little, little, little, little - wait a minute guru can't be that little, guru. Which means he aint no guru at all and you knew it all along! (okay so did I). Did you watch his video?

True, but for years he's seen Srila Prabhupada as big, big, big guru and Hridayananda as little guru. Recently his began to see him as little, little guru. Now he finally has the smoking gun and saw that he's little, little, little, little, little - wait a minute guru can't be that little, guru. Which means he aint no guru at all and you knew it all along! (okay so did I). Did you watch his video?

Yes this is correct. Krishnakirti prabhu only went public at this point because he knows what his next steps will be and that he feels on the safe side. If he would have an unsolved inner conflict like his life being spoiled, he surely would not have written such a post. Although there were quite lots of people traumatized and it took years till they finally realized all the consequences from what had happened.

<embed src="

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Oh, okay. I only saw his rejection of Hridayananda, but nothing about a new focus. You seem to assume that's implied. Maybe it is.

Well whatever his past position was it appears he has had an epiphany on the subject.

Krsna-Kirti and I go way back, I have tracked his activities for a long time. He is a monster of a speculative "reformer" a profound intellectual sophist, and will cuddle up with any of the cheaters if it serves his purpose of being heard and taken seriously. Another guy who was way to "smart" from the beginning. His epiphany is nothing more than a carefully calculated strategy at endearing himself to a demographic who he has identified as being a target market to his social reform ideas.

People are allowed to change. Why not give the man the benefit of the doubt.

There is no doubt in my mind as to his motivation, as there is none regarding Hrydayananda. They holy name is purifying them. Their sadhana is deviant, they are not Krpa siddhi, at this rate they will die struggling to keep a strangle hold on the innocents in the Iskcon rank and file, and any other innocent seeker who crosses their path.

The only change I condone is to actually accept Srila Prabhupada as the Acarya of Iskcon, not a move to the right of left concerning popular social policies in the name of reform and pleasing Prabhupada.

Anyway what does his decision have to do with Iskcon?

This question gets to the heart of the matter, and why I even give a rat's ass what this guy says in public.

I came to Srila Prabhupada via a smart self-exiled fringy sadhu who shared Srila Prabhupada's BG and Bhagavatam with me. We met on the yoga/kirtana circuit. He had already given up on Iskcon, but brought me to a temple or two for Sunday feast, and explained the corruption scenario as he knew it. I was a generally responsible, self-initiating, self employed and adventurous western man with some intellect.

I decided he couldn't possibly be right, that all of Iskcon proper was corrupted. I traveled to many temples and farm communities, and lived at a few. I participated and was humble as a ghost but the extreme arrogance of the "leaders", and the abuse their victims tolerated was beyond my capacity to tolerate in the name of getting along. It was a paradox that without false humility I can say I was the most mature and human person everywhere I went.

When I realized that there was no sane Daiva Varnasrama community engaged in Sankirtana Yajna it blew me away. NONE. When I realized I was one of a couple handfuls of people scattered to the 4 winds who was even willing to accept SP as Spiritual Master and among even less who willing to discuss his DVD instructions, it affected me more profoundly.

I scoured the internet for years and read all I could from Srila Prabhupada alone. Then I read what everyone else had to say. I attempted to contact just about anyone who was vocal, who claimed some authority in Iskcon, and speak with them reasonably. Just a hello, can we talk about Prabhupada's instructions? kind of thing. All I got were people trying to get me to come and clean their stool room for them, or telling me it was more important to listen to them than Prabhupada. Iskconers and Reformers alike.

I have no individual potency to start a movement on my own. There are no Bhaktas of like mind getting together for occasional prasadam or kirtana. Nevermind infusing a locality with a broad spectrum of Vaisnava culture. And I am ambitious to be part of something more dynamic than my own worthless Bhajan Kutir in America.

If I had any one of Srila Prabhupada's properties under my control I am certain I could help to run a bonafide Sankirtana program via the training I have picked up little by little during my infiltrations over the years. I know just the devotees I would invite to join me. But alas, Srila Prabhupada and Krsna don't seem to agree or I would be there.

So all I have left is to try to pick these usurpers off, philisophically, exposing their true agendas, one at a time. I find out who those people are on the internet. The ones who have any link, any influence over Iskcon or those interested in Iskcon. The ones who speculate themselves into some position of authority, who minimize Srila Prabhupada either directly or by supporting his Sinister Detractors and Mis-representatives.

I try to make every shot count. It keeps me learning the philosophy and able to defend the truth. While I bide my time. It helps purify my frustration and anger and wards off my sense of impotence. And also exposes these rascals for what they are.

Srimad-Bhagavatam 7.9.8 -- Hawaii, March 21, 1969

When devotee is insulted, we should be very much angry. But if somebody insults me, I don't be angry. "All right, he insulted. I tolerate." But when you speak against God, when you say, "I am God," I shall beat you with shoes. I shall be so much angry. You see. That should be attitude of the devotee also. As God is angry for his devotee, similarly, our anger should be also utilized for God. Just try to understand. It is not that we shall not be angry. Yes, we shall be angry, but in suitable place, where God is insulted. When a rascal is claiming that he is God and deceiving others, you must be very much angry, "You rascal, what you are doing?" Somebody may say, "Oh, you are devotee? Why you have become so angry?" Now, why not?

Krsna-Kirti and I go way back, I have tracked his activities for a long time. He is a monster of a speculative "reformer" a profound intellectual sophist, and will cuddle up with any of the cheaters if it serves his purpose of being heard and taken seriously. Another guy who was way to "smart" from the beginning. His epiphany is nothing more than a carefully calculated strategy at endearing himself to a demographic who he has identified as being a target market to his social reform ideas.

There is no doubt in my mind as to his motivation, as there is none regarding Hrydayananda. They holy name is purifying them. Their sadhana is deviant, they are not Krpa siddhi, at this rate they will die struggling to keep a strangle hold on the innocents in the Iskcon rank and file, and any other innocent seeker who crosses their path.

The only change I condone is to actually accept Srila Prabhupada as the Acarya of Iskcon, not a move to the right of left concerning popular social policies in the name of reform and pleasing Prabhupada.

This question gets to the heart of the matter, and why I even give a rat's ass what this guy says in public.

I came to Srila Prabhupada via a smart self-exiled fringy sadhu who shared Srila Prabhupada's BG and Bhagavatam with me. We met on the yoga/kirtana circuit. He had already given up on Iskcon, but brought me to a temple or two for Sunday feast, and explained the corruption scenario as he knew it. I was a generally responsible, self-initiating, self employed and adventurous western man with some intellect.

I decided he couldn't possibly be right, that all of Iskcon proper was corrupted. I traveled to many temples and farm communities, and lived at a few. I participated and was humble as a ghost but the extreme arrogance of the "leaders", and the abuse their victims tolerated was beyond my capacity to tolerate in the name of getting along. It was a paradox that without false humility I can say I was the most mature and human person everywhere I went.

When I realized that there was no sane Daiva Varnasrama community engaged in Sankirtana Yajna it blew me away. NONE. When I realized I was one of a couple handfuls of people scattered to the 4 winds who was even willing to accept SP as Spiritual Master and among even less who willing to discuss his DVD instructions, it affected me more profoundly.

I scoured the internet for years and read all I could from Srila Prabhupada alone. Then I read what everyone else had to say. I attempted to contact just about anyone who was vocal, who claimed some authority in Iskcon, and speak with them reasonably. Just a hello, can we talk about Prabhupada's instructions? kind of thing. All I got were people trying to get me to come and clean their stool room for them, or telling me it was more important to listen to them than Prabhupada. Iskconers and Reformers alike.

I have no individual potency to start a movement on my own. There are no Bhaktas of like mind getting together for occasional prasadam or kirtana. Nevermind infusing a locality with a broad spectrum of Vaisnava culture. And I am ambitious to be part of something more dynamic than my own worthless Bhajan Kutir in America.

If I had any one of Srila Prabhupada's properties under my control I am certain I could help to run a bonafide Sankirtana program via the training I have picked up little by little during my infiltrations over the years. I know just the devotees I would invite to join me. But alas, Srila Prabhupada and Krsna don't seem to agree or I would be there.

So all I have left is to try to pick these usurpers off, philisophically, exposing their true agendas, one at a time. I find out who those people are on the internet. The ones who have any link, any influence over Iskcon or those interested in Iskcon. The ones who speculate themselves into some position of authority, who minimize Srila Prabhupada either directly or by supporting his Sinister Detractors and Mis-representatives.

I try to make every shot count. It keeps me learning the philosophy and able to defend the truth. While I bide my time. It helps purify my frustration and anger and wards off my sense of impotence. And also exposes these rascals for what they are.

When reading your points Prabhupada's example came to mind, he must have felt the same when seeing the condition of the GM. The idea of trying to correct the GM and only focus on this goal and nothing else must have been an option for Prabhupada to fight for. But there is not much activity recorded in this direction. Instead Prabhupada quickly decided to start a new movement. The difference is that presently people believe by starting a new movement, they would agree with what is happening within ISKCON.

To become guilty of letting it all happen in the name of Prabhupada. There is no other way than to rescue ISKCON for many devotees. On the other hand, nobody seems to become a Vaishnava by watching this scenario.

Exhibit: "endearing himself to a demographic who he has identified as being a target market"

Exhibit: "they will die struggling to keep a strangle hold on the innocents in the Iskcon rank and file, and any other innocent seeker"

Exhibit: "I scoured the internet for years and read all I could from Srila Prabhupada alone."

Exhibit: "brought me to a temple or two for Sunday feast, and explained the corruption scenario as he knew it."

Exhibit: "I traveled to many temples and farm communities, and lived at a few. I participated ... as a ghost but the extreme arrogance of the "leaders", and the abuse their victims tolerated was beyond my capacity ... I can say I was the most mature and human person everywhere I went."

Exhibit: "I have no individual potency to start a movement on my own."

Exhibit: "... I am certain I could help to run a bonafide Sankirtana program via the training I have picked up little by little during my infiltrations ..."

Exhibit: "Nevermind infusing a locality with a broad spectrum of Vaisnava culture."

Exhibit: "So all I have left is to try to pick these usurpers off, philisophically, exposing their true agendas, one at a time. I find out who those people are on the internet. The ones who have any link, any influence over Iskcon or those interested in Iskcon. The ones who speculate themselves into some position of authority . . ."

Exhibit: "It keeps me learning the philosophy and able to defend the truth. ... and wards off my sense of impotence. And also exposes these rascals ..."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Forest Gump lives!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

NEWS FLASH:

This stuff is so old --they've built and worn down and re-built football stadiums in the time it has taken you to get up to speed on these topics. Maybe you can save some people in Rwanda; Cambodia; Thailand; Aids Wards; South Africa; Congo; Narco-traffic Wars on the Rio-Grand; how about the droughts; alternative energy sources --Oh how you lament because you can't fit in at any ashram any where you go --you can't even make your own way?

PS: If it is posted on the SUN --I discard. But that is my opinion.

To become guilty of letting it all happen in the name of Prabhupada. There is no other way than to rescue ISKCON for many devotees. On the other hand, nobody seems to become a Vaishnava by watching this scenario.

I just figured if enough people like me, and others would expose these creeps, it might wake up some insiders with some clout, generate some public scorn and activism, inspire the cheated to take back their manhood, or some combination of factors which would lead to a coup at at least ONE temple, and maybe those people would contact those who were able to see through the charade and articulate the truth and ask them if they wanted to be part of the new program.

That would be nice.

I am no Srila Prabhupada. There is no ignorant untouched western world where I can wander to, sit beneath a tree chanting, and potentially instruct others with my unparalleled lexicon of Gaudiya scriptural knowledge, artistic and culinary abililties, business acumen, and pure devotion.

America is the Alamo for me. Unless I get empowered to buy a piece of land with structures and a healthy budget, I have to try to reclaim my Guru's stolen property and funds or die trying. That includes flaying and slaying (through philisophical debate) all Prabhupada minimizers and usurpers.

Exhibit: "endearing himself to a demographic who he has identified as being a target market"

Exhibit: "they will die struggling to keep a strangle hold on the innocents in the Iskcon rank and file, and any other innocent seeker"

Exhibit: "I scoured the internet for years and read all I could from Srila Prabhupada alone."

Exhibit: "brought me to a temple or two for Sunday feast, and explained the corruption scenario as he knew it."

Exhibit: "I traveled to many temples and farm communities, and lived at a few. I participated ... as a ghost but the extreme arrogance of the "leaders", and the abuse their victims tolerated was beyond my capacity ... I can say I was the most mature and human person everywhere I went."

Exhibit: "I have no individual potency to start a movement on my own."

Exhibit: "... I am certain I could help to run a bonafide Sankirtana program via the training I have picked up little by little during my infiltrations ..."

Exhibit: "Nevermind infusing a locality with a broad spectrum of Vaisnava culture."

Exhibit: "So all I have left is to try to pick these usurpers off, philisophically, exposing their true agendas, one at a time. I find out who those people are on the internet. The ones who have any link, any influence over Iskcon or those interested in Iskcon. The ones who speculate themselves into some position of authority . . ."

Exhibit: "It keeps me learning the philosophy and able to defend the truth. ... and wards off my sense of impotence. And also exposes these rascals ..."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Forest Gump lives!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

NEWS FLASH:

This stuff is so old --they've built and worn down and re-built football stadiums in the time it has taken you to get up to speed on these topics. Maybe you can save some people in Rwanda; Cambodia; Thailand; Aids Wards; South Africa; Congo; Narco-traffic Wars on the Rio-Grand; how about the droughts; alternative energy sources --Oh how you lament because you can't fit in at any ashram any where you go --you can't even make your own way?

PS: If it is posted on the SUN --I discard. But that is my opinion.

Gee, how kind of you to pick my points out of context and line them up so it looks like I am a confused contradictory hypocrite.

Does that make you feel better about your own impotence?

Oh, okay. I only saw his rejection of Hridayananda, but nothing about a new focus. You seem to assume that's implied. Maybe it is.

Well he mentions Srila Prabhupada respectfully twice.

My Relationship With HridayanandaBY: KRISHNA-KIRTI DAS

Feb 14, USA (SUN) — Dear Devotees, Hare Krishna and please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Asmany of you know, for many yearsI have been an initiated disciple ofHridayananda Goswami. However, onaccount of recent news of hisblessing of homosexual nuptials and hisless-than-straightforwardresponse to the devotee community about hisinvolvement, I haveformally ended my relationship with him as hisdisciple.

That is all.

Krishna Kirti Das

But it seems everyone else knows him. I thought he was a second wave devotee who now came to realize he could get all he needs from Srila Prabhupada,s vani.

Anyway glad to see anyone cut themselves free from the homosex crowd and their supporters.

My Relationship With HridayanandaBY: KRISHNA-KIRTI DAS

Feb 14, USA (SUN) — Dear Devotees, Hare Krishna and please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

(That is All Glories Except for all those mistakes he made that I used to routinely point out on my Iskcon Cultural Journal Website.)

As many of you know, for many years I have been an initiated disciple of Hridayananda Goswami.
(Can we consider someone who has so unrepentantly deviated from and disavowed the orders of Srila Prabhupada capable of initiating someone with transcendental knowledge? A Goswami? That KK was a disciple of Hriday is not in question, a chip off the old blockhead for sure.)

However, on account of recent news of his blessing of homosexual nuptials and his less-than-straightforward response to the devotee community about his involvement, I have formally ended my relationship with him as his disciple.
Translation: (After carefully analyzing the situation, there are enough people who are unsure of my ex-Acaryadeva that I feel it is safe to break ties with him and make a play for their attentions. Kill guru become guru)

That is all.
(Surely he jests. We haven't heard the last of Krsna Kirti. This is just the beginning of his public campaign.)

(Sorry KKdas, but until you accept Srila Prabhupada as your actual Srila Prabhupada, you do him only dis-service.)

Krishna Kirti Das
As he is. All sentiments aside.

Instead of simply focusing on his own mood of seva, KK makes a huge deal of rejecting his diksa guru. IMO this is very immature and going against established Vaishnava etiquette. Another cheaply made episode of Iskcon's soap opera "The gurus of our lives"...