IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
getAnsHere

webyogiji ,y no flowers?

Rate this topic

Hi Webyogiji,

have seen lots of ur posts mentioning to worship wid out flowers

will be greatful, to know the reason and importance behind.

just curious

thanks a lot!

Namaskar,

Thanks for asking this question. First of all, the purpose behind offering the flowers is important. Most people when doing pooja like to decorate with flowers and others like to offer the flower itself to bhagwan because the flower is pretty and the sent is pleasing. Now I know what I am about to say may seem a little extreme to some, but another way of looking at offering the flowers is like sacrificing the flowers so now the distinction is between violence and non-violence. It is the offering of a part of a plant to please another. And the question comes, what right do we have to offer something that does not belong to us in order to please another? The plant is also a living being, and we are naturally doing harm to it by plucking the flower. Now if our intent was different and maybe using the plant for medicine then we are more justified as our purpose is greater than decoration or to please someone. But even then we are creating some negative (bad) karma just not as to the same degree. So my advice is that first of all don’t use the flowers unless you have a justified reason and even then ask the plant for the flower first and then take the flower and in return give the plant water or fertilizer in exchange. So if we really think about it our intent here is to seek Divine help, and the Divine will naturally not appreciate such acts as we are harming another in order to help ourselves.

I hope I have answered your question, but if you need any further clarification or have more questions I would be more than happy to answer them if I can.

-WebYogi-

Namaskar,

Thanks for asking this question. First of all, the purpose behind offering the flowers is important. Most people when doing pooja like to decorate with flowers and others like to offer the flower itself to bhagwan because the flower is pretty and the sent is pleasing. Now I know what I am about to say may seem a little extreme to some, but another way of looking at offering the flowers is like sacrificing the flowers so now the distinction is between violence and non-violence. It is the offering of a part of a plant to please another. And the question comes, what right do we have to offer something that does not belong to us in order to please another? The plant is also a living being, and we are naturally doing harm to it by plucking the flower. Now if our intent was different and maybe using the plant for medicine then we are more justified as our purpose is greater than decoration or to please someone. But even then we are creating some negative (bad) karma just not as to the same degree. So my advice is that first of all don’t use the flowers unless you have a justified reason and even then ask the plant for the flower first and then take the flower and in return give the plant water or fertilizer in exchange. So if we really think about it our intent here is to seek Divine help, and the Divine will naturally not appreciate such acts as we are harming another in order to help ourselves.

I hope I have answered your question, but if you need any further clarification or have more questions I would be more than happy to answer them if I can.

-WebYogi-

very intersting and apt explaination.....i agree with u ...non-violence shd start from small ,day to day activites.....!

Thanks a lot!

Dear Webyogiji

Thanks for your explanation, I have also been quite curious as to why you emphasise worship without flowers in your posts.I do understand your reasons.

Dvyas

Namaskar,

Thanks a lot for understanding the concept.

-WebYogi