IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Free Tasters of Spiritual Bliss

Rate this topic

Thursday, 5 February 2009

Free Tasters of Spiritual Bliss

Krishna_and_Radha_ISKCON.jpg

Bhava Bhakti devi dasi, Thursday, 5 February 2009: When we first come to Krsna Consciousness we see all the devotees as pure devotees, the holy names are sweet, the capacity to serve is unlimited, the future is bright...!

http://bhavabhaktidevidasi.blogspot.com/

Give it a couple of years and what happens?

We start to discriminate amongst the devotees, the good, the bad and the down right ugly!

The holy names taste rough like sandpaper.

Someone is always bugging us to do some work .... sorry I meant "devotional service".....

The future seems bleak.... got to compensate with a little dip in the material ocean in order to keep some variety in life...

So why is this?

Because when we first come to Krsna Consciousness, Krsna gives us some freebies. Like when we go to Boots or Superdrug and we get a free tester perfume or cream. We can use this cream once or twice... but if you keep coming back to use it the security guard will grab you!

You either pay for the large version of the cream or you get out!

Same in spiritual life... Krsna gives you free tasters ... here is a glimpse of the nectar of the holy names, here is what it feels like to see all devotees as servants of God, here is what the bliss of engaging in My eternal devotional service is like...

And when we keep grabbing at the freebies .... Krsna comes and swipes the carpet from under our feet.

"So you want Me? (Krsna says) "You gotta pay the price .... you willing to do that??"