IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Hridayananda is over the edge

Rate this topic

Quote:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px solid rgb(102, 102, 102); padding-left: 3ex; padding-right: 3ex;" bgcolor="#e0e0e0"> Originally Posted by tackleberry

Just curious. Didn't Krisha himself advocate adharmic means to achieve a dharmic end? Doesn't this show that it's only the end that matters, and if the end is dharmic, then the means wouldn't matter that much?

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

and precisely what adharmic means did Lord Krsna advocate?

I seem to remember something about ordering Arjuna to break with Ksatriya code and kill a man while he was down and unarmed or something like that.

The point Krsna is above the codes of rules and regs which define dharma for the conditioned souls, and if he does something, or orders something to be done, or his saktavesha avataric incarnations do something or allow it to go on, it is NOT ADHARMIC, but the epitome of Real Dharma.

That some conditioned souls justify the examples of such transcendental activities to indulge in breaking the rules for their own gratification IS ADHARMA and they will reap the consequences down the line.

Those that would take issue with Sri Krsna's methods of acting on the basis that some conditioned souls might imitate and cause trouble, well take it up with Krsna and see what he has to say, but honestly, it is your problem to come to grips with the reality of this, because HE is God and YOU are not, to think you better is kinda dumb.

I Walk the Line by Hari Cash

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine

I keep my eyes wide open all the time

I keep the ends out for the tie that binds

Because you're mine, I walk the line

I find it very, very easy to be true

I find myself alone when each day is through

Yes, I'll admit that I'm a fool for you

As sure as night is dark and day is light

I keep you on my mind both day and night

And happiness I've known proves that it's right

You've got a way to keep me on your side

You give me cause for love that I can't hide

For you I know I'd even try to turn the tide

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine

I keep my eyes wide open all the time

I keep the ends out for the tie that binds

Although I'm a known Rocker, I grew up with a combo of country, Bach, big band and Evis! But Johnny is the real King!!! Just love the KC conection here.

RCB

I seem to remember something about ordering Arjuna to break with Ksatriya code and kill a man while he was down and unarmed or something like that.

that was a payback for Karna's un-aryan behavior when killing Arjuna's son, Abhimanyu

Just curious. Didn't Krisha himself advocate adharmic means to achieve a dharmic end? Doesn't this show that it's only the end that matters, and if the end is dharmic, then the means wouldn't matter that much?

There is a nice example of the devotee that was giving Lord Caitanya a massage. In order to serve both sides of the Lord's body the devotee steps over the lord! Then when finished he steps back. In the mean time lunch prasadam has come, but the Lord is in the doorway and blocking entrance. The devotee waits until the Lord awakens. When ask by Lord Caitanya, that the devotee stepped over the Lord to give service but not for lunch, why. The devotee says for the Lord anything, for myself all rules and regulations.

RCB

There is a nice example of the devotee that was giving Lord Caitanya a massage. In order to serve both sides of the Lord's body the devotee steps over the lord! Then when finished he steps back. In the mean time lunch prasadam has come, but the Lord is in the doorway and blocking entrance. The devotee waits until the Lord awakens. When ask by Lord Caitanya, that the devotee stepped over the Lord to give service but not for lunch, why. The devotee says for the Lord anything, for myself all rules and regulations.

RCB

Nice!

that was a payback for Karna's un-aryan behavior when killing Arjuna's son, Abhimanyu

But done is done. That's the point. If done purely in conection to Krsna, then there is no adharma. Don't through Krsna's babies out with bath water.

RCB

yes... stepping over someone is extremely adharmic, and we can clearly conclude from this example that it is OK to steal from others if we need money for devotional service...

(sarcasm fully intended)

But done is done. That's the point.

No, the point is that if someone kills your son in an unfair manner it is OK to kill him in an unfair manner. This is exactly what Krsna said to Arjuna. The rest is pure speculation on your behalf.

No, the point is that if someone kills your son in an unfair manner it is OK to kill him in an unfair manner. This is exactly what Krsna said to Arjuna. The rest is pure speculation on your behalf.

Actually you are wrong. Unless a pure spiritual master or the Lord himself tells you it is Ok, go do it, you do not stoop to adharma to meet adharma.

You can't have it both ways Kula.

Your example would be tantamount to carte blanche for stealing from those who are stealing from Krsna by their lifestyle because of the example the Acarya cited where that went on, that you just happened to read in this forum today.

If a person can hear the Lord in the heart, and is told by him to do something against rules and regs, that person may do so and expect the world to give him heat.

I doubt you would condone someone today who goes out and kills someone in the sleep who they "know" killed their son in their sleep, without first arranging due process and a fair trial with a jury of their peers