IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jshri

Suggest food for Acidity+Diabetes Patients.

Rate this topic

My daddy of 67 years old. He has a Acidity and diabetes. One week ago he had a Sevier Omitting and Stomach pain because of Acidity. Doctor gave Rantac tablets and solicid syrup and suggested to give cold milk. Now he is recovering. What Types of food is best for him (He hates chapatti).

He has a Acidity+Diabetes

Please help me.

this may interest you:

Medicinal use

For centuries, the Guaraní tribes of Paraguay and Brazil used stevia, which they called ka'a he'ê ("sweet herb"), as a sweetener in yerba mate and medicinal teas for treating heartburn and other ailments.<sup id="cite_ref-14" class="reference">[15]</sup> More recent medical research has shown promise in treating obesity<sup id="cite_ref-nih_obesity_15-0" class="reference">[16]</sup>, high blood pressure, and hypertension.<sup id="cite_ref-nih_bloodpressure_16-0" class="reference">[17]</sup><sup id="cite_ref-nih_hypertension_17-0" class="reference">[18]</sup> Stevia has a negligible effect on blood glucose, even enhancing glucose tolerance;<sup id="cite_ref-curi_18-0" class="reference">[19]</sup> therefore, it is attractive as a natural sweetener to diabetics and others on carbohydrate-controlled diets.<sup id="cite_ref-gregersen_19-0" class="reference">[20]</sup>

Possible treatment of osteoporosis has been suggested by observations that eggshell breakage can be reduced by 75% by adding a small percentage of stevia leaf powder to chicken feed, and that pigs given 2% stevia leaf powder in their feed experienced a doubling of serum calcium.<sup id="cite_ref-20" class="reference">[21]</sup>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevia

http://www.stevia.net/

Cinnamon powder 1 teaspoon a day. Proven to lower blood sugar levels.

Bitter melon also. Pick the younger ones.

All kinds of beans I have found are best for health and keeping blood sugar stable. I am also diabetic.

Avoid starchy foods like rice. I suspect that may be a hard one considering that rice is such a staple in India but it raises blood sugar to very high levels very quickly,

Good luck