IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Lotusflower

Give up kc?

Rate this topic

Daiva varnashram dharma is good. But how, where and who would institute it ? It might be instituted only on a small scale in rural ashrams that I see as increasingly necessary for survival in the coming upheaval.

Personally I was never able to maintain a brahminical standard, even though I had 2nd initiation, apparently proving your point. I have still chanted gayatri all these years, however. In my life since leaving the temple, I have worked as a middling vaishya. Only now, in old age (60) I am attempting to get back to the degree of faith, enthusiasm and practice I had when I joined the movement.

Cutting the tubes, I don't think your guru or Krishna would approve. You could have 100 wives if you maintained them all and made sure your progeny were taught KC. Or maybe just forget about it, if you can. From old rock song: "One's too many and a hundred aren't enough."

jeffster/AMd

Only now, in old age (60) I am attempting...

Sorry to hear that you are nearing, "the fag end of life". Of course you can continue to accelerate the process if you keep on mess'in with those damn motorcycles. "You know you're gonna drive me to drink'n, if you keep on drivi'n that hot rod Lincoln!"

Is it true that Prabhupad called motorcycles "suicycles" ?

For most riders, even those who have crashed: Once a rider, always a rider. I have even heard of one who had 3 major injuries and got back on again each time. Another had a leg amputated, but bought a trike (3 wheeler). But I now ride without bravado, actually with a sense of trepidation, knowing well what could easily happen. Sunday - time to wrench and ride !! Hari Bol !!

jeffster/AMd

I found 48 pgs. of lovely piccys and artwork when I googled Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati images, and I looked at all 48 pgs., but none of him w/scooter, although somehow a Piaggio or Vespa got in there. But that's O.K. I also read one of your download books already, very excellent. What a nice service. I will quote from it on another thread. But the books need a bit of editing and also diacritical marks for the Sanskrit. I am planning to learn how to put the diacritical marks on, for my own book, possibly. Also, some of the English is what I would term detectable non-native and some expressions could be put in slightly better syntax by native speakers. But the gist of the siddhanta is clearly there and that is the important part. I hope you don't take offense at my saying that !! Hari Bol !!

jeffster/AMd

Hello Lotusflower,

Hari Bol !! Sorry, I forgot the name of it !! It is on my home computer. I am out travelling 'til late Sat. night, don't have access to it unless I look at your link again. Can let you know Sunday. Yes, must be Hinglish, but generally pretty good, just needs a bit of cleaning up.

jeffster/AMd

over the years jeff, pankaja's service has helped me...made the computer lots of fun.

i was thinking pankaja that kc cant really be given up if it is intrinsic...we may just perceive our kc at different levels at various times in our lives. maybe while this body remains we tolerate fluctuation...and maybe the smallest acts of devotion will last for eternity. no loss...