IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Lotusflower

Chant with Fingers like Gauranga?

Rate this topic

Lotus, essentially it is the same as chanting one's bija and gayatri. You basically start at the second digit of your ring finger and move toward your palm to the first digit of your ring finger (not using the lines but the digit itself). You then move in a clockwise direction on each subsequent digit till you reach the first (closest to palm) digit of your index finger. This will provide you with 10 counts. When you reach your 108th count your hand will be in its jnana mudra for japa. Your left hand can be used to tally your counts. The other 2 digits of one's middle finger are not generally used to count on (you are one exeption). I've considered the mathematical efficiencies of counting the way you do it, but that was not the way delivered to me.

I hope I've assisted :pray:

Lotus, essentially it is the same as chanting one's bija and gayatri. You basically start at the second digit of your ring finger and move toward your palm to the first digit of your ring finger (not using the lines but the digit itself). You then move in a clockwise direction on each subsequent digit till you reach the first (closest to palm) digit of your index finger. This will provide you with 10 counts. When you reach your 108th count your hand will be in its jnana mudra for japa. Your left hand can be used to tally your counts. The other 2 digits of one's middle finger are not generally used to count on (you are one exeption). I've considered the mathematical efficiencies of counting the way you do it, but that was not the way delivered to me.

I hope I've assisted :pray:

I think it has something to do with the index finger.(critisizing) So i think your way is right. My way is def NOT authorized.