IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
harirasadas

what happened with Hridayananda Swami???

Rate this topic

By Hridayananda dasa Goswami

Dear Devotees,

All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

I am writing to explain my recent visit to Badger, California to meet with His Holiness Narayana Maharaja. As some of you know, in the last few years, I have made some efforts to improve our relationship with various leaders of the different Gaudiya matha organizations. My motive has been to promote peace and cooperation, since it seems clear to me that better relations among Vaishnavas are in everyone's interest. When I was Srila Prabhupada's secretary in Mayapura, in 1976, I saw that Srila Prabhupada was personally trying to forge such cooperation.

Before meeting with Narayana Maharaja, who had previously visited me in Los Angeles, I obtained the authorization of the GBC, and I went as a type of ambassador of Srila Prabhupada. In a spirit of good-will, I attended a kirtan and lecture program led by Narayana Maharaja. Unfortunately, some persons now seek to take advantage of my visit, even to the point of displaying pictures taken on that occasion, to promote the recruiting efforts of some of the followers of Narayana Maharaja.

In order to seek a genuine improvement in the relationships between various Gaudiya Vaishnava groups, it is esssential that our meetings, dialogues, and joint kirtans and lectures be conducted in an atmosphere of discretion, free of any attempt to utilize such meetings to recruit the members of one organization on behalf of another.

Therefore I am writing to clarify that my purpose in visiting Narayana Maharaja was to act as an authorized ambassador of Srila Prabhupada's ISKCON. As far as my personal spiritual life is concerned, all of my spiritual needs and purposes are wonderfully satisfied at Srila Prabhupada's lotus feet, within Srila Prabhupada's ISKCON.

With best wishes, Hridayananda das Goswami

Are you attempting to reach Hridayananda Swami ? I believe sometimes he stays in San Luis Obispo, CA, or at least he used to. I am out of touch with what he does currently, but if you are attempting to reach him, please PM me, and I can put you in touch with a couple of devotees in SLO, CA who may know his current whereabouts.

jeffster/AMd

Hridayananda das Goswami currently resides in Gainseville, Florida, where he's teaching a course at the University of Florida. I saw him a few weeks ago. I haven't heard anything about a car accident, but that doesn't really mean a lot because I'm not exactly an insider here.

H.H. Hridayananda Swami Acaryadeva may be contacted through the Contact Form at Acaryadeva dot com.

By followng links at that site, you may also stream or download recordings of his classes being give at the University of Florida.

I heartily recommend doing so.

Your servant,

Rishidas

Lomaśa Ṛṣi dasa, L.Ac. (ACBSP & TKG)

L. M. INDY SCHNEIDER, L.Ac.

Unosato 4-53-1

Cherry Blossom City

Tochigi Prefecture

Japan 329-1323

Japan Cell: 080-5518-4639

Home & FAX:+81-28-682-8636