IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Concerns about Sri Vaishnavism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All,

I am new to this forum and I cannot descirbe in words that how really proud and happy to see this discussion page. I am a Sri Vaishnavite in United States pursuing my Master's. I have few concerns regarding Sri Vaishnavism. Lately one of my friend's is telling me that I am a fake Sri Vaishnavite as I worship Lord Ganesha and Lord Siva with our other gods too, and he claims that it is against Sri Vaishnavism. I want to reply him having substantiate reasons and in my research I found this forum and posting my query. I want to know Sri Vaishnavism originated and how it spread into different states. I am an Andhra (Telugu) Sri Vaishnavite and apparently my family is realtives with Sri Jeeyar Swamy garu ( I know that as he is a swamy he is not associated with any bonding but just telling the information that Sri Pedda Jeeyar Swamy garu and my Grand father are brothers). I apologize for any inconvenience given.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Namaskarams!

The Srivaishnava tradition is a tradition of 'Ekadevopaasana'. So as advised by our Acharyas one should worship Sriman Narayana only. Essentially we see him as our Husband and should treat him as such. We rely on him entirely - this is what a Srivaishnava declares...if this is to be true why should such a person have to perform upasana on other deities? :)

Any mistakes in my statement are my own and all that is correct is simply the reproduction of what I have learnt from great Acharyas.

Hope that was a little helpful

Mohan Krishna