IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Globalization not mentioned as thread

Rate this topic

“Especially with the increase of Kali-yuga, people will be disturbed by two things especially. What is that? Scarcity of food and taxation. That is stated in the Srimad-Bhagavatam. Durbhiksa-kara-piditah. Kara means taxation. The people will be embarrassed for want of food, at the same time, every year, increase of taxation. That is stated in the Bhagavata. Durbhiksa-kara-piditah. So much disturbed that they will give up their hearth and home and go away in the forest. Durbhiksa-kara-piditah. Acchinna-dara-dravina yasyanti giri-kananam. Dara-dravina, money, wife, children, everything—they will be disgusted: “Now it is impossible to maintain. Let me go away.” Yasyanti giri-kananam.”

Bhagavad-gita 7.3

by His Divine Grace A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada

Nairobi, October 29, 1975

It is funny because it never ceases to amaze me how many Hare Krishnas are globalists and will probably support the coming taxation on Cow farts. :)

I'm not a globalist, but things look like as if the Bhagavatam points to our governments as the real culprits. Presently people believe that the globalization trap is the root of lots of evil. However, it is the governments who let it all happen.

I'm not a globalist, but things look like as if the Bhagavatam points to our governments as the real culprits. Presently people believe that the globalization trap is the root of lots of evil. However, it is the governments who let it all happen.

True, it is not global consciousness or anything that is bad it is that the national govenments have fallen into the trap of giving more and more power into the hands of a very few elite that are for the most part psychopaths. Politics is all just fun and games anyway as I view it as the supersoul is creating a humungous demon on purpose so that Krishna can eventually kill it. On a personal level however my view is that we do have a responsibility to take a stand against maya in the realm of politics and elsewhere.