IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Karma Yoga and Bhakti Yoga

Rate this topic

This is notable, people still believe that Swami Vivekananda is a pure devotee of Lord Krsna. "But the best part in the Yoga Book is the explaination of Bhakti and its application in real life."

Karma Yoga and Bhakti Yoga

710JCXMNBFL._SL75_.gif

By Swami Vivekananda, Karma-Yoga and Bhakti-Yoga describes the way to reach perfection through the performance of daily work in a non-attached spirit (i.e. Karma-Yoga - the path of selfless action) and by sublimating human affection into divine love (i.e. Bhakti-Yoga - the path of divine love). Karma-Yoga and Bhakti-Yoga, along with Jnna-Yoga and Rja-Yoga, are considered classics and outstanding treatises on Hindu philosophy. Swami Vivekananda’s deep spiritual insight, fervid eloquence, and broad human sympathy shine forth in these works and offer inspiration to all spiritual seekers.

User Ratings and Reviews

5 Stars The Ultimate Yoga Resource

Swami Vivekananda is, without a doubt, the best resource for learning and maintaining a practice in any of the four major yogas. I highly recommend this title as well as his titles on Jnana and Raja yogas as they complement one another beautifully. In Vedic science, and particular, the teaching of yoga, most Yoga Books written are very complex and often difficult to understand in such a way that one can put the knowledge to use. Not so with Swami Vivekananda. He is direct and easy to comprehend, while at the same time he is passing on profound and useful concepts. His texts are the foundation of my Yoga library.

5 Stars An eloquent and true voice of loving wisdom.

This work remains a clasic and offers within one pair of covers understanding of an effective and proven path to spiritual balance. I have known this work most of my life, as I am the third generation of my family in the United States aware and helped by knowing Vedanta. Rarely have vision, knowledge and clarity of voice been combined with such felicity as in this work, which I place above almost all other works on religion, faith, spirit and spiritual practice. After almost half a century of spiritual seeking, paractice in Christianity, Zen, Eastern faiths, and now my personal daily spirital unfolding of practice of loving kindness and service, I have come to see that the path described by the Swami in this work is one which we all share in fact, if not in name; service to all and to our loved ones IS the highest and easiest and hardest daily practice. I predict that this work will never go out of print, and I am glad that we retain the gift of this and other printed works to aid us all.

2 Stars Overestimated?

It resulted from lectures about the topics and does not cover the topics deep enough. But although the other yogas from Vivekananda are quite interesting, I was somewhat disappointed with this one. This does not mean, that there would be no good statements in this Yoga Book, but just not enough of them. Both, karma yogis and bhakti yogis would probaly prefer other Yoga Books. One may still want to read it, to get a better understanding of Vivekanandas idea of the spiritual path.

5 Stars Love Everybody, Everybody Work.

Mountains of hatred can by crushed using this Yoga Book as a tool. Strong characters can be built using this Yoga Book as a tool. Explaination of the Karma Yoga is very good. The Ramayana and Mahabharat have been narrated well. But the best part in the Yoga Book is the explaination of Bhakti and its application in real life. The Yoga Book teaches you to love Everybody. This Yoga Book will touch you and question you if you are a bhakt.