IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
hari_ks77

kalisantarana upanishad and NO regulative principles

Rate this topic

Lord Brahma didn't say any rules to chanting Hare Krishna in Kali Santarana upanishad.

Where else has he mentioned the regulative rules? (meat eating, sex/illicit sex, gambling, intoxication).

This is my doubt for long time.(I am not related to ISKCON, an don't believe in Prabhupada teachings). I do support Kalisantaranaupanishad - 35 million times chanting Hare Krishna.

-Hari

born: 31/05/1977, 11:31 AM, ernakulam,, kerala.

1. No Meat Eating

2. No Intoxications <- Click on link

3. No Illicit Sex <- Click on link

4. No Gambling <-Click on link

If you want scriptural proofs. The end of the Fifth canto of the Srimad Bhagavatam will explain them. The Bhagavad Gita (by Srila Prabhupada) is also another good source.

Ayurveda will also explain why people aspiring for spiritual life should not eat meat, indulge in illicit sex, and take intoxications. They are all heavily rajasic/tamasic, and the beginning of spiritual life can start only if one is situated in a sattwic lifestyle.

The Manu Samhita also prohibits some of these as well.

There are others as well.

hari_ks77,

I do support you: not follow Prabhupada books.

When I live in Srila Prabhupada's ashrams--I am justified in remebering other's sufferings.

May your sufferings be mitigated.

Brahminical disciplines are evidently beyond your perview--Be satisfied with your station in life and preform your dharma as is alloted to you by maha-maya prakriti shakti --with as much effort as required. Fair well.

I will not follow Mohamed's books.

I will not follow Buddha's Books.

I will not follow Bible Books.

I will not follow MahaBhagavatas' Books.

I will not follow sampradayas nor paramparas.

I will not follow . . . oh so much denial!

The Ayurvedic textbook I'm referring from is written by a follower of Sripad Sankaracharya.

And you can find any Vedic text on the Internet, so if you can read Sanskrit, go for it.

Srimad Bhagavatam, Manu-Samhita, it's all there.

Prabhupada's books are good enough to follow only if you have a good intelligence. No offense, but it's inevitable that Prabhupada's books are going to be the most popular in the future. That's a sure sign of a God blessed person. Only those who do not know how to follow Prabhupada's books aren't capable of understanding them. Only the Brahma and some Sri Sampradaya followers are preaching vedic philosophies and bhakti yoga outside of India.

Lord Brahma didn't say any rules to chanting Hare Krishna in Kali Santarana upanishad.

Where else has he mentioned the regulative rules? (meat eating, sex/illicit sex, gambling, intoxication).

This is my doubt for long time.(I am not related to ISKCON, an don't believe in Prabhupada teachings). I do support Kalisantaranaupanishad - 35 million times chanting Hare Krishna.

I follow the regulative principles because I want to, not because I have to. I know they are helping me in life.

And you are right that following regulative principles is not required to start chanting the Maha-mantra.

Srila Prabhupada required his own disciples to follow the 4 regulative principles. You should follow the requirements of your own guru.

You can reject Prabhupada but not the principle of following the guru's instructions in order to come to Krsna.

Everyone should chant Hare Krishna, you are completely correct. The regulative principles established within the Gaudiya Sampradaya are secondary and subordinate to the chanting of Hare Krishna.

The Ayurvedic textbook I'm referring from is written by a follower of Sripad Sankaracharya.

And you can find any Vedic text on the Internet, so if you can read Sanskrit, go for it.

Srimad Bhagavatam, Manu-Samhita, it's all there.

Prabhupada's books are good enough to follow only if you have a good intelligence. No offense, but it's inevitable that Prabhupada's books are going to be the most popular in the future. That's a sure sign of a God blessed person. Only those who do not know how to follow Prabhupada's books aren't capable of understanding them. Only the Brahma and some Sri Sampradaya followers are preaching vedic philosophies and bhakti yoga outside of India.

What a self righteous attitude... look there are many masters with the spiritual wisdom of Prabhupada througout whole india but in diffrent schools.

What a self righteous attitude... look there are many masters with the spiritual wisdom of Prabhupada througout whole india but in diffrent schools.

That was my point. Plenty of bonafide spiritual masters, but ONLY in India.

The Brahma and Sri Sampradaya are the only ones I have seen that preach outside of India and have gained lots of followers. I haven't seen much of the Rudra or Kumara Sampradaya have as much influence outside.

Let alone all of the other sampradaya's.

The Gaudiya Vaishnava's, being the most expansive (international) has the best chance, and they give out Prabhupada's books.

Oh, and it requires good intelligence to read Prabhupada's books. If you're closed minded like a lot of people are, then they aren't going to make sense and you'll just end up understanding it differently. That's why Prabhupada stresses finding a guru to learn about this subject.

Just like in the real world you have to approach chemists to learn chemistry, or mathematicians to learn math. Your intelligence can only carry you so far before you need some help.