IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Dim_Chee

trip to Mayapur!!!!!

Rate this topic

dear Devotees,

iam planning to visit Mayapur Dharm in April. i have never visit india and i don't speak hindi but do understand. iam a bit worried about my trip to India. maybe someone who has visited mayapur can help me , please.

my concerns are:

is the accommodation that the temple is providing from far the Mayapur temple?;

is male and female allowed to share the same room even if they are still single?;

also, i will like to visit some places around Mayapur, how will i make arrangement for me to be taken out for visiting spiritual places in Mayapur dharm?

please do help me if possible. i will be grateful to u all.

thank you

Hare Krishna

Cheetra

dear Devotees,

is the accommodation that the temple is providing from far the Mayapur temple?;

Take Riksha

is male and female allowed to share the same room even if they are still single?;

:eek: No

also, i will like to visit some places around Mayapur, how will i make arrangement for me to be taken out for visiting spiritual places in Mayapur dharm?

Ask somebody in temple.

You're going to Mayapur, so practically nobody will speak to you in Hindi, everyone speaks bengali, the accomodations are inside the ISKCON complex, you don't ever have to go out except for visiting other holy sites. The temple rules are very strict so no, you won't be allowed to share rooms with the opposite sex. If you want to go out, ask a devotee to accompany you and help you negociate rickshaw prices or you will get cheated. It is good to have a Bengali friend for that, especially since they are great bargainers in the marketplaces, they can show you around all the important sites and translate Bengali writing if you need it.

You're going to Mayapur, so practically nobody will speak to you in Hindi, everyone speaks bengali, the accomodations are inside the ISKCON complex, you don't ever have to go out except for visiting other holy sites. The temple rules are very strict so no, you won't be allowed to share rooms with the opposite sex. If you want to go out, ask a devotee to accompany you and help you negociate rickshaw prices or you will get cheated. It is good to have a Bengali friend for that, especially since they are great bargainers in the marketplaces, they can show you around all the important sites and translate Bengali writing if you need it.

hare krishna

thank u very much for ur mgs, it seems very clear now to me. u explain properly about the accommodation and the temple rules. i understand as prabhupada standard is important to maintain. thank a lot

haribol

C.R dd