IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
amar1

Question - confusion, doubts

Rate this topic

Date of birth = May 30, 1982.

Time = 3.55 pm or 15.55

Place = <st1:city w:st="on">Indore</st1:city>, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Mdhyapradesh</st1:city>, <st1:country-region w:st="on">India</st1:country-region></st1:place>.

My Ascendant – Tula Lagna, lagnaadhipati – Shukra

Moon sign – Simha rashi , Rashi swami – Surya

Nakshatra charan – Purvaphalguni-3; nakshtra swami - shukra

How should I read general predictions displayed on popular websites according to my lagna or rashi? I am confused regarding what rashi I belong to? What is difference between lagna and rashi?

I will also like to know how can I read ephemeris & apply in my case.

For example : Right now Shani in 1<sup>st</sup> house of Leo, Jupiter & Rahu in 6<sup>th</sup> house, Ketu in 12<sup>th</sup> house, etc.

Will these apply to me as I am a Leo? Should I change this in case of Libra as planets will be in different houses?

Please throw some light and your responses will be appreciated.

Dear Amar1,

Let me clarify a few of your doubts.

Q) How should I read general predictions displayed on popular websites according to my lagna or rashi? I am confused regarding what rashi I belong to? What is difference between lagna and rashi?

The websites that display the dates under the zodiac sign are going by the Sun sign. Feb -- to Mar -- ( Aquarius ) etc., - Not very reliable.

Some better websites use the Rashi (Moon sign) for predictions. Here you are expected to know what you belong to. In your case Simha. These are more reliable.

Extremely rarely (I am yet to find one reliable) will they predict any results using lagna.

So when depending on websites use your Moon sign.

To go further I would rely much on predictions from websites at all. It needs an experienced astrologer to use a lot more information and details to come up with accurate predictions for YOU.

Lagna is the sign rising on the eastern horizon at the time of your birth.

Rasi is the sign in which the Moon is placed at the time of your birth.

For the current transit of planets - For simplicity start with your Moon sign. So from Simha rasi Sat (Shani) is in 1st house - So you are running your Sade Sati (7.5 yrs of Sat) etc.,

Use of Ascendant (and the entire birth chart) as the focal point is done by astrologers and they will give you highly personalized predictions. Websites etc., are mostly high level diluted stuff - not very pinpoint.

If you learn Jyotisha in a formal way - you will understand these very easily.

Hope this puts you at ease.

With best wishes

Classic72

Thank you Classic72,

I appreciate your response. Thanks for being kind and helpful. I am a beginner, and I hope & would like to learn Jyotisha in a formal manner.

Around 2 or 3 years back I came to know through general astrology websites that I am going through sade sati; on 5th September 2004, Saturn was in 12th house. And, I understood what it is & why it happens, remedial measures – general & spiritual, etc.

Then I saw ephemeris about current transit about location of Jupiter in 6th house.

What I took from websites was general predictions, current planetary transits, etc. to get an idea. Indeed, it’s true that only an experienced Astrologer can provide an accurate picture using lagna and birth chart respectively for an individual.

Again, very nice of you to help me out. Thank you.

Amar1

dear amar1,

please do not read the generalsed prediction for a particular moon sign or lagna sign on the net/magazines/newspapers. to simply make a point i would say that they are an extra degree of tension. one should look at the various planets and their placement in the birth chart. if possible look at the d-charts when you have to predict some particular event. astrology is an evolving subject with an increasing number of people from all walks of life joining in to explore. it is a good research area as well. may god bless you with the determination to study it further to the satisfaction of all around you. if you have any doubts, please feel free to ask here on this very forum. regards,

ravi.....

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I agree they create a lot of unnecessary stress & also create irrational fear. Studying birth chart is the most effective way to predict something.

“Jyotisha is not wrong; Planets speak; what is required is someone who can interpret them correctly” Astrologer – I forgot his name. On Sadhana TV, daily Mon - Sat from 10.30 pm to 12.30 pm there are 3 astrology programs in which Astrologers share their views while analyzing horoscopes. When we communicate our misconceptions get cleared, we get enlightened and our knowledge gets strengthened.

Also, there is inherent potential as shown by stars rising at the time of birth and the concept of free will (choices a person makes). There are 24 D- Charts; again the point is one who can see the complete picture and relate to the issue at hand.

People from different spheres of life can enrich Astrology with their different perspectives. Knowledge is one and we divide it into various subjects like Mathematics, Physics, etc. for our understanding.

The forum is very rewarding in the sense & it connects people, dispels their doubts and illuminates others, too. Also, knowledge base is created for future reference.

I am also curious about it and started taking interest in it to find answers to my problems.

LightonVedic Astrology.com/ephemeris.htm is also a good site; it also has a forum and it gives

God bless you, too.

Regards,

hi myself Deepti Agrawal.My date of birth is 6th aug 1980..time of birth is 9AM and place of birth is Ramgarh(Alwar),Rajasthan...i m very confused abt my horoscope as well as my life...first of all plz chk my horoscope and tell me is thr kalsarp dosha and gajakesari yog present in my horoscope..secondly i want to knw abt my career and professional life...

my parents are looking for marriage but i dnt knw wht's the prob nothg works well in my case...plz help me out..i m waiting fr ur reply..

Thanks alot fr ur support and help..

hi myself Deepti Agrawal.My date of birth is 6th aug 1980..time of birth is 9AM and place of birth is Ramgarh(Alwar),Rajasthan...i m very confused abt my horoscope as well as my life...first of all plz chk my horoscope and tell me is thr kalsarp dosha and gajakesari yog present in my horoscope..secondly i want to knw abt my career and professional life...

my parents are looking for marriage but i dnt knw wht's the prob nothg works well in my case...plz help me out..i m waiting fr ur reply..

Thanks alot fr ur support and help..

Namaskar,

You do not have Kal Sarp yoga.

You do have Gaj Kesari yoga.

Mahadasa of Jupiter started around Feb 2005 for 16 Yrs. It is in 12 th house. Yellow topaz may be helpful. Worshiping lord Vishnu along with laxmi Maiya may be very helpful during this periods.

For profession, Wearing Emerald may yield good results and may take away some of the obsticles you might have.

Marrigae lord Jupiter is in 12th (expenses etc), it will delay and do as mentioned above for marriage problems. In addition, you are manglik and matching of chart is very important to choose a spouse.

-Webyogi-

webyogi ji...thanks for ur reply...apse janna chahti hun ki marrige kab tak honi chhaiye??aur married life kaisi rahegi..abhi hi bahut late ho chuka hai..

aur main abhi job nahi kar rahi hun..aage career se related kaisa rahega..

kya abroad jane ka bhi koi chance hai??