IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Abandon all religious designations

Rate this topic

Dec 18, USA (SUN) — Vedicwisdom trickles down to us via the bona fide Spiritual Master. Such aSpiritual Master may have one disciple or thousands. Sometimes in orderto distribute transcendental knowledge he will sit under a tree andspeak about spiritual matters. At other times he may feel the need toconstruct buildings, to assemble his devotees so he can teach them ashe desires. This can take place anywhere at anytime.

Theformation of institutions and the swelling of the congregation may takeon a certain characteristic according to time and place, and the casualobserver may label it as “Hindu, Christian, Muslim, etc.”

Thefact remains that we were born in this world alone, developed a body,and in time will pass away alone. We cannot take organizations or dresswith us. The Idea that I am Hindu, Christian, Muslim, Man, Woman,American, Indian is a temporary designation only. The eternal soul(jiva atma) needs to wake up so as to return back to the spiritualatmosphere (Vaikuntha) and gain association with the Supreme Lord andhis devotees.

Onedoes not need to be Hindu, Indian, European, or Ph.D. One simply needsto realize one’s real self-interest and engage in devotional serviceunder the direction of the bona fide Spiritual Master. This is calledSanatana Dharma (Eternal Natural Propensity).

SriChaitanya has taught us that our eternal designation is not this orthat, but instead we should aspire to be the servants of the servantsof Sri Krishna. Then we will truly be happy.

TRANSLATION Bg 18:66

Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.

PURPORT

The Lord has described various kinds of knowledge,processes of religion, knowledge of the Supreme Brahman, knowledge ofthe Supersoul, knowledge of the different types of orders and statusesof social life, knowledge of the renounced order of life, knowledge ofnonattachment, sense and mind control, meditation, etc. He hasdescribed in so many ways different types of religion. Now, insummarizing Bhagavad-gītā, the Lord saysthat Arjuna should give up all the processes that have been explainedto him; he should simply surrender to Kṛṣṇa. That surrender will savehim from all kinds of sinful reactions, for the Lord personallypromises to protect him.

In the Eighth Chapter it was said that onlyone who has become free from all sinful reactions can take to theworship of Lord Kṛṣṇa. Thus one may think that unless he is free fromall sinful reactions he cannot take to the surrendering process. To such doubts it is here said that even if one is not free from allsinful reactions, simply by the process of surrendering to Śrī Kṛṣṇa he is automatically freed. There is no need of strenuous effort to freeoneself from sinful reactions. One should unhesitatingly accept Kṛṣṇa as the supreme savior of all living entities. With faith and love, oneshould surrender unto Him.

According to the devotional process, one should simply accept such religious principles that will leadultimately to the devotional service of the Lord. One may perform a particular occupational duty according to his position in the social order, but if by executing his duty one does not come to the point of Kṛṣṇa consciousness, all his activities are in vain.

Anything that does not lead to theperfectional stage of Kṛṣṇa consciousness should be avoided. One should be confident that in all circumstances Kṛṣṇa will protect him from all difficulties. There is no need of thinking how one should keep the body and soul together. Kṛṣṇa will see to that. One should always think himself helpless and should consider Kṛṣṇa the only basis for hisprogress in life. As soon as one seriously engages himself in devotional service to the Lord in full Kṛṣṇa consciousness, at once he becomes freed from all contamination of material nature. There are different processes of religion and purificatory processes by cultivation of knowledge, meditation in the mystic yoga system, etc., but one who surrenders unto Kṛṣṇa does not have to execute so many methods. That simple surrender unto Kṛṣṇa will save him from unnecessarily wasting time. One can thus make all progress at once and be freed from all sinful reaction.

One should be attracted by the beautiful vision of Kṛṣṇa. His name is Kṛṣṇa because He is all-attractive. Onewho becomes attracted by the beautiful, all-powerful, omnipotent visionof Kṛṣṇa is fortunate. There are different kinds oftranscendentalists-some of them are attached to the impersonal Brahmanvision, some of them are attracted by the Supersoul feature, etc., but one who is attracted to the personal feature of the Supreme Personalityof Godhead, and, above all, one who is attracted by the Supreme Personality of Godhead as Kṛṣṇa Himself, is the most perfect transcendentalist. In other words, devotional service to Kṛṣṇa, in full consciousness, is the most confidential part of knowledge, and this is the essence of the whole Bhagavad-gītā. Karma-yogīs,empiric philosophers, mystics, and devotees are all called transcendentalists, but one who is a pure devotee is the best of all.The particular words used here, mā śucaḥ,"Don't fear, don't hesitate, don't worry," are very significant. One may be perplexed as to how one can give up all kinds of religious forms and simply surrender unto Kṛṣṇa, but such worry is useless.

1] Q. so what are you a hare krishna?

A. Sanatana-Dharma*-ites

*Sanatana Dharma = Eternal Natural Propensity.

... Krishna has described in so many ways different types of religion. Now, in summarizing Bhagavad-gītā, Krishna says that Arjuna should give up all the processes {all classical vedantic yogic karmic systems of yajna/tapasya} that have been explained to him; he should simply surrender to Krishna ....

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

This proposal was spoken directly by Krishna onhalf of himself for our behalf. The losing side, later that day, at Kuruksetra also sported with Krishna.

The purport of Krishna's Council to Arjuna is supreme due to the "provenance" of Krishna's authority to proclaim & reveal uttama-vedanta personally in our face replete with panache (reference the Gita's First Chapter as to the assembly of the Great Sage-Kings made to choose sides on the battlefield of Kuru-ksetra --of karmic acts).

So your sanatana dharmites? Did Prabhupada include Hare Krishna's in that list?

Just imagine somebody asking Prabhupada saying that, disciple: Are we Hare Krishna?

Maybe because Hare Krishna include Gods name it is okay, for example Prabhupada calls Muslims 'Mohammedians' so Prabhupada never says Muslims are not this. But Christians includes the word Christ, though Prabhupada always says they are followers of Christ.

The same foe Hindus. Problem is Prabhupada was speaking from a non-differential point. (showing signs of His uttama-adikari), I doubt a Hindi who is a 'hare Krishna will go around his relatives saying 'your not actually Hindu, because its embedded in all Hindus, that Hindus MEANS hare Krishna.

Then Prabhupada says we are all eternal souls, so the point is we are Hindu's, BUT don't forget that WE (Muslim's, Christians, Jews etc) are SOULS. Its like for example Prabhupada saying He is not Bengali.!

Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.

PURPORT...

One may be perplexed as to how one can give up all kinds of religious forms and simply surrender unto Kṛṣṇa, but such worry is useless.

In abandoning all varieties of religion, and "surrendering" to Krsna, one must simply:

-adopt a complete new set of religious practices, more complex in concept and execution than those abandoned.

-discard the no-longer-infallible and demonstrably-inferior scriptures of the past variety of religion for a new set of scriptures that are superior and truly infallible, though the events and cosmological notions portrayed therin are often far more wildly improbable and unscientific than those described in the scriptures of former belief.

-adopt new personal identity, and a new style of dress at least for religious functions.

-agree to follow a complex methodology of life-governing rules, the by-product of most of these being emotional, intellectual, and physical isolation from one's cultural milieu, friends, relatives, spouse or "significant other", and often one's means of livelihood.

-submit oneself to the authority of leaders who may be, on one hand, quite fit and honorable representatives of their spiritual tradition; on the other hand, morally-bankrupt shams who are holding onto a job that provides a tenured status and livelihood, with attendant perks and comforts worthy of a U.S. Senator, and adulation from hundreds if not thousands of followers, who have been brainwashed into regarding critical thinking and honest evaluation as "offenses" that can cast one into hell for aeons. (hey, I thought we left that stuff behind with Christianity)

With all due repects to Srila Prabhupada, IMO there's plenty to worry about.

I think Prabhupada's mistake was the inappropriate translation of Dharma as Religion in this context.

Obviously that is not what he had in mind, as he was not creating a radically new system with no elements borrowed from existing religions (which would also require not using the Gita).

Hence, the problem I see is some of his followers using his translation of that verse out of context to mean something else - to make a factional statement.

Cheers

In abandoning all varieties of religion, and "surrendering" to Krsna, one must simply:

-adopt a complete new set of religious practices, more complex in concept and execution than those abandoned.

-discard the no-longer-infallible and demonstrably-inferior scriptures of the past variety of religion for a new set of scriptures that are superior and truly infallible, though the events and cosmological notions portrayed therin are often far more wildly improbable and unscientific than those described in the scriptures of former belief.

-adopt new personal identity, and a new style of dress at least for religious functions.

-agree to follow a complex methodology of life-governing rules, the by-product of most of these being emotional, intellectual, and physical isolation from one's cultural milieu, friends, relatives, spouse or "significant other", and often one's means of livelihood.

-submit oneself to the authority of leaders who may be, on one hand, quite fit and honorable representatives of their spiritual tradition; on the other hand, morally-bankrupt shams who are holding onto a job that provides a tenured status and livelihood, with attendant perks and comforts worthy of a U.S. Senator, and adulation from hundreds if not thousands of followers, who have been brainwashed into regarding critical thinking and honest evaluation as "offenses" that can cast one into hell for aeons. (hey, I thought we left that stuff behind with Christianity)

With all due repects to Srila Prabhupada, IMO there's plenty to worry about.

WOW! How could anyone misinterpret that verse any worse.

Just be subtle about it especially if you live in a quasi-Christian nation. If they catch on that you are chanting Hare Krishna then you might be viewed as being under the influence of the devil.

"Krishna says declare it boldly that My devotee will never perish."

Personally I don't give *&^% what the Christians think of me and the same goes for the Christ hating so-called Hare Krishna's I've met.

So your sanatana dharmites? Did Prabhupada include Hare Krishna's in that list?

Just imagine somebody asking Prabhupada saying that, disciple: Are we Hare Krishna?

Maybe because Hare Krishna include Gods name it is okay, for example Prabhupada calls Muslims 'Mohammedians' so Prabhupada never says Muslims are not this. But Christians includes the word Christ, though Prabhupada always says they are followers of Christ.

The same foe Hindus. Problem is Prabhupada was speaking from a non-differential point. (showing signs of His uttama-adikari), I doubt a Hindi who is a 'hare Krishna will go around his relatives saying 'your not actually Hindu, because its embedded in all Hindus, that Hindus MEANS hare Krishna.

Then Prabhupada says we are all eternal souls, so the point is we are Hindu's, BUT don't forget that WE (Muslim's, Christians, Jews etc) are SOULS. Its like for example Prabhupada saying He is not Bengali.! by Lotus

There are some real good observations in this post. I read one time on Audarya some quotes from a Srila Prabhupada conversation. He said he was introducing a Hindu cultural movement to the west. Therefore externals like the dhotis, the styles of cooking etc.

These days some devotees from the west under the influence of that cultural movement will say 'Hi Ji! how ya going!:cool: Things like that.

You are right Lotus, Srila Prabhupada took the position of madyama adhikari devotee and placed his feet in both worlds - both purely spiritual and relative...but his heart was uttama. He never degraded people's tradition, but it seems he wished they could see the essence. Therefore he introduced a hindu cultural movement for specific purpose... He was realistic and practical.

I dont think it is such a big deal using the word hindu when conversing with certain people. And by the way, I am not a hindu:). But I do follow the Koori principle that this Great Land is Sacred (and my place to practice):eek3:!

Koori

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Koori (also spelled Koorie) is a word which some indigenous Australians in New South Wales and Victoria use to identify themselves, and has become an established term when referring to indigenous Australians from south eastern Australia.

Many indigenous Australians object to the use of the terms 'Aborigine' and 'Aboriginal', as terms which had been forced on them. They prefer to use words from their own languages. In some languages of south-east Australia (parts of New South Wales and Victoria), the words: coorie, kory, kuri, kooli, koole mean 'person' or 'people'. In the 1960s, the form koori came to be used by indigenous Australians of these areas when referring to themselves.

And I am not koori either...but I respect the turf and values...if ya know what I mean:eek4:.

"Krishna says declare it boldly that My devotee will never perish."

Personally I don't give *&^% what the Christians think of me and the same goes for the Christ hating so-called Hare Krishna's I've met.

That is a good point. I wish I could be more like that but I keep my knowledge of Krishna to myself for the most part.

...Now, in summarizing Bhagavad-gītā, the Lord says that Arjuna should give up all the processes that have been explained to him; he should simply surrender to Kṛṣṇa. That surrender will save him from all kinds of sinful reactions, for the Lord personally promises to protect him...

This is talking about an internal process isn't it? A very personal experience with a Personal God. What do you think...

There are some real good observations in this post. I read one time on Audarya some quotes from a Srila Prabhupada conversation. He said he was introducing a Hindu cultural movement to the west. Therefore externals like the dhotis, the styles of cooking etc.

These days some devotees from the west under the influence of that cultural movement will say 'Hi Ji! how ya going!:cool: Things like that.

You are right Lotus, Srila Prabhupada took the position of madyama adhikari devotee and placed his feet in both worlds - both purely spiritual and relative...but his heart was uttama. He never degraded people's tradition, but it seems he wished they could see the essence. Therefore he introduced a hindu cultural movement for specific purpose... He was realistic and practical.

I dont think it is such a big deal using the word hindu when conversing with certain people. And by the way, I am not a hindu:). But I do follow the Koori principle that this Great Land is Sacred (and my place to practice)!

And I am not koori either...but I respect the turf and values...if ya know what I mean:eek4:.

:eek4:

This is talking about an internal process isn't it? A very personal experience with a Personal God. What do you think...

That verse has to be interpreted correctly.

...Now, in summarizing Bhagavad-gītā, the Lord says that Arjuna should give up all the processes that have been explained to him;

Does not make any sense. Why would I take the trouble of talking about over one dozen chapters if all that has to be "given up"? One would simply have started from 18.66 straight.

Dharma also includes Arjuna's Kshatriya Dharma. If Krishna is telling Arjuna to give up "all varieties of Dharma", then he is in effect, telling him not to fight. And let us face it. Arjuna was not in confusion over multiple religions for Krishna to tell him to give them all up. Arjuna had no such problem at all.

Cheers

Does not make any sense. Why would I take the trouble of talking about over one dozen chapters if all that has to be "given up"? One would simply have started from 18.66 straight.

Krsna told him to fight! Fully integrated experience.

Like schooling, when you get the diploma it is not that you reject the foundational knowledge received in grade 1. But the knowledge is seen more deeply - as a complete whole. (Srila Prabhupada's perspective is bhakti ofcourse - so the purports express that angle of vision in reference to the whole.)

Same with our progression in religion and internal growth, we are fortunate if we can integrate our experiences, making up a wholistic man (on all levels of human encounter).

That is how I see life in general (including the Bhagavad Gita), anyhow.

This naive idea expressed by some, of throwing everything out with the trash is not what Gita is teaching. Very few can reach a perfectional stage (as humans) without a progression... And from my encounter the perfectional stage is a long way off, so integration is definately practical and realistic. Fight! As Krsna says, 'we each follow our nature'.

...he should simply surrender to Kṛṣṇa. That surrender will save him from all kinds of sinful reactions, for the Lord personally promises to protect him...

Do we have the diploma yet? Some of us are still at school (learning what surrender is). Some of us are karma-misra-bhakti yogins or jnana-misra-bhakti yogins, not unnalloyed pure devotees. In this bhakti school of thought - Gaudiya Vaisnavism - (expressed in Gita) - saranagati is held in highest esteem.

Arjuna was not in confusion over multiple religions for Krishna to tell him to give them all up. Arjuna had no such problem at all.

Yep. He expressed questions on his duty for the benefit of the listeners. A philisophical treatise* isn't it. Bhagavad-gita.

* exposition: a collection of things for public display.

Yep. He expressed questions on his duty for the benefit of the listeners. A philisophical treatise* isn't it. Bhagavad-gita.

Good, then you agree that when Krishna delivered 18.66 to Arjuna, he did not mean that Arjuna should give up all varieties of religion.

Now, why are we interpreting the verse that way, then? What is the basis?

Cheers

Good, then you agree that when Krishna delivered 18.66 to Arjuna, he did not mean that Arjuna should give up all varieties of religion.

Srila Prabhupada has explained that Arjuna is a perfect soul, eternal associate of Krsna. Krsna's dearest friend.

Early in the Gita dialogue Arjuna shows bewilderment and then petitions Krsna for guidance. He surrenders his will.

Prabhupada explains that such a pastime (of bewilderment and finally surrender) occurs for the benefit of us, the readers. And that Arjuna is infact fully realized as an eternal asscociate of the Lord.

That is why I have suggested that the Gita is an exposition. To cater for all levels of human thought - to raise one's station.

As you know Kaisersose, the Gaudiya translations of Gita accept Krsna as a real person, rather than a metaphor.

Saying that, metaphor can have several meanings and connotations (and much naieve misunderstanding), some of us see the deeper significance of metaphor in our personal lives and realizations. Not necessarily negative anti faith stuff. Definately not fundamentalism.

For me Kaisersose, the myth is very real ...original substance of my soul. Not all will see from that angle, therefore there are other options to choose from. The battle-field of Kurukshetra is not just a metaphor describing the mind...but a living breathing reality within. And once discovered within, it then begins to externalize (Vasudeva conception - the conception of Baby Krsna). For me this is the meaning of living with Krsna consciousness - and the deeper purport of such translations. (saying that - not all are the same as me - supersoul deals with all uniquely)

The sastra is pointing to something profound and very deep...some of us call this God. And we live in a realm of consciousness based in Personality. For example earth is a cow etc.

Giving up all concepts is the final beatitude...at that point we no longer live in the relative world. The Gita describes the whole perspective. Without beginning or end. Guiding man toward Spirit. The Gita is a treasure chest with the jewels contained in the middle six chapters of that chest. 18 chapters in all>>>>

6>>6<<6

Maybe you would like to study the Book of Revelations..and what (John's vision) matter and spirit really is:eek3:. The fudamentalists have got it all wrong:burn:. There is no sectarian elite only that is saved and the non-believer doomed:burn:!!! No christian elite! No muslim elite! No Hindu elite! No Hare Krsna elite!

There is only One complete absolute non-dual truth. It simply is. Finding that truth is the purport (and reason) of Bhagavad Gita. We are an integral part of that truth. Therefore I suggest we need to integrate the concepts of life....there we will find harmony and deep inner peace.

Krsna told him to fight! Fully integrated experience.

* we are all in this game together mate...it is time to awaken as a collective now...the earth (organism) bhumi is crying....>>>>:crying2:

That is the basis why realized souls teach!

What is the basis?

My dear Prabhus!

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to devotees of The Lord! All glories to those who strive to please Spiritual Master! And all glories to those who are the well-wishers of all forms of life, be they human or otherwise.

About the famous quote, which Lord Krishna has given as perhaps more of a loving suggestion than a stern directive, to abandon all forms of religiousity and simply surrender unto Him. How very comforting is that! No “..my way – or the highway!” As a person raised in a western Christian tradition, I may well-attest how unscrupulous, and, yes, demoniac individuals had so twisted Lord Jesus' words. (One thinks of the "translation" and "change" theories. And, as if that weren't enough, the spiritual paths of the east have been similarly afflicted over the centuries. Why?

Well, perhaps the answers may be two-fold in nature.

For one, people tend to interpret things – meaning the words of other people, according to their various understandings. Add to that, the various language(s) that may be a part of the picture, and you’ve frequently got an entirely different meaning of what had originally been said. And I’m sure that many sincere individuals had fallen into that trap.

The second scenario is an entirely different matter; that is the deliberate tampering with the various scriptures, i.e., the Bible, The Quaran – and, yes, the Bhagavad Gita. Why would people deliberately offer these “..new ‘n improved” distillations? The answer is simple – to control people. Once a person or persons has the audacity to give God’s words or God-inspired words (as spoken by sages and saints) a different meaning, they may then give rise to they’re being the guys with the “hotline” to God – and so their dictates become The Lord’s dictates!

Nice work if you can get it – and they do!

So, prabhus, please let us strive for calm reasoning and respectful dialogue with one another, and not fall into the ego’s trap. Certainly The Lord’s speaking the words about surrendering unto Him, discarding all forms of religiousity are as solid and legitmate as a stament may be – and for those of us who strive for such spirtual advancement where Lord Krisha’s loving suggestion may be applied full-force, let us offer our respects and obeisances to them. For the rest of us Joe & Jane average types, perhaps at our neophyte stages of our spiritual development, it may be prudent to view Lord Krishna’s words as are many, if not most of the words, which The Lord has spoken for our supreme benefit as part of a journey with our eyes firmly fixed on the prize up ahead. Happily, The Lord is more than willing to cut us a little “slack” on our jouney back to Godhead, always keeping in His Mind the sincerity in our hearts as reflected in the sincerity of our journey.

..progress, progress, progress, dear Prabhus: Lord Krishna is MORE than willing to meet us all where we’re at.

Cheers

It just means, forget everything, just let go, and surrender.

Arjuna was saying, what about my family, and will I goto hell?, and what about Dharma, karma, jnana, then Krishna says forget it all. Bhakti is SUrrender.

That is a good point. I wish I could be more like that but I keep my knowledge of Krishna to myself for the most part.

Well so do I. I don't put it in anyone's face. When I talk japa walks in public I use a clicker and not beads and bag. I don't wear tilak or crosses. But I do try to turn all conversations to God in some way and I do that in a generic way.

If it comes up I won't hide anything for the sake of getting along...with either group.

Well so do I. I don't put it in anyone's face. When I talk japa walks in public I use a clicker and not beads and bag. I don't wear tilak or crosses. But I do try to turn all conversations to God in some way and I do that in a generic way.

If it comes up I won't hide anything for the sake of getting along...with either group.

There is virtually noone I come into contact with that are even remotely ready for this information. It makes them disturbed to hear it and I am not comfortable with disturbing things. Whenever I have done that in my life things end up bad so I do my best to work with people now and follow my own principles as best as possible. I have come to the conclusion how you live your life is a more powerful statement than any amount of preaching.

Just my opinion but I think material nature is getting ready to punish the people of the Earth in a big way and that will humble people. Everything God does is for the good even though it sometimes doesn't appear that way.

PURPORT

The Lord has described various kinds of knowledge,processes of religion, knowledge of the Supreme Brahman, knowledge ofthe Supersoul, knowledge of the different types of orders and statusesof social life, knowledge of the renounced order of life, knowledge ofnonattachment, sense and mind control, meditation, etc. He hasdescribed in so many ways different types of religion. Now, insummarizing Bhagavad-gītā, the Lord saysthat Arjuna should give up all the processes that have been explainedto him; he should simply surrender to Kṛṣṇa. That surrender will savehim from all kinds of sinful reactions, for the Lord personallypromises to protect him.

In the Eighth Chapter it was said that onlyone who has become free from all sinful reactions can take to theworship of Lord Kṛṣṇa. Thus one may think that unless he is free fromall sinful reactions he cannot take to the surrendering process. To such doubts it is here said that even if one is not free from allsinful reactions, simply by the process of surrendering to Śrī Kṛṣṇa he is automatically freed. There is no need of strenuous effort to freeoneself from sinful reactions. One should unhesitatingly accept Kṛṣṇa as the supreme savior of all living entities. With faith and love, oneshould surrender unto Him.

According to the devotional process, one should simply accept such religious principles that will leadultimately to the devotional service of the Lord. One may perform a particular occupational duty according to his position in the social order, but if by executing his duty one does not come to the point of Kṛṣṇa consciousness, all his activities are in vain.

Anything that does not lead to theperfectional stage of Kṛṣṇa consciousness should be avoided. One should be confident that in all circumstances Kṛṣṇa will protect him from all difficulties. There is no need of thinking how one should keep the body and soul together. Kṛṣṇa will see to that. One should always think himself helpless and should consider Kṛṣṇa the only basis for hisprogress in life. As soon as one seriously engages himself in devotional service to the Lord in full Kṛṣṇa consciousness, at once he becomes freed from all contamination of material nature. There are different processes of religion and purificatory processes by cultivation of knowledge, meditation in the mystic yoga system, etc., but one who surrenders unto Kṛṣṇa does not have to execute so many methods. That simple surrender unto Kṛṣṇa will save him from unnecessarily wasting time. One can thus make all progress at once and be freed from all sinful reaction.

One should be attracted by the beautiful vision of Kṛṣṇa. His name is Kṛṣṇa because He is all-attractive. Onewho becomes attracted by the beautiful, all-powerful, omnipotent visionof Kṛṣṇa is fortunate. There are different kinds oftranscendentalists-some of them are attached to the impersonal Brahmanvision, some of them are attracted by the Supersoul feature, etc., but one who is attracted to the personal feature of the Supreme Personalityof Godhead, and, above all, one who is attracted by the Supreme Personality of Godhead as Kṛṣṇa Himself, is the most perfect transcendentalist. In other words, devotional service to Kṛṣṇa, in full consciousness, is the most confidential part of knowledge, and this is the essence of the whole Bhagavad-gītā. Karma-yogīs,empiric philosophers, mystics, and devotees are all called transcendentalists, but one who is a pure devotee is the best of all.The particular words used here, mā śucaḥ,"Don't fear, don't hesitate, don't worry," are very significant. One may be perplexed as to how one can give up all kinds of religious forms and simply surrender unto Kṛṣṇa, but such worry is useless.

Prabhupada: Yes, Palika. [break] ...business, that requires so many other things. But if you take to agriculture you can do it immediately. Krishi-go-rakshya. That... We are going to do that. Krishi... This is beginning, family life, maintenance, body and soul together. This is the beginning. Business is there when there is excess. Krishi-go-rakshya-vanijyam [bg. 18.44]. First of all you take care of the cows and engage yourself in agricultural products. Then when there is excess production, you trade, get some money for other purposes. But you... Agriculture means you work for producing food. That is wanted. Why immediately go to trade? Trade is required when there is excess product. Everything is there. Krishi-go-rakshya. And the krishi you can produce independently. You simply work. You have got your hands and legs. You till the ground and throw some seed, and it will come. One kilo seeds, you’ll get one hundred mounds. Then, when the product is excess, you trade. Everything is there. If you produce food grain, you’ll eat nicely and you’ll be strong. You’ll be able to work more. Our point is take Krishna’s instruction. Everything will be perfect. Not that Krishna is advising immediately sarva-dharman parityajya [bg. 18.66]. For that stage you are not prepared. That I know. But in your present stage what you’ll do, that is perfect.

Giriraja: You mean I should leave everything and start a farm?

Prabhupada: Where is the question of leaving? Agriculture... You take to agriculture—that means you leave everything?

Giriraja: Well, what I have now.

Prabhupada: And what you have got? You are asking that “I require now food.” That means you have nothing. You have no food even. (aside:) Oh, you have brought it very quickly. Very nice. All right. [break] Live very comfortably, eat very comfortably and work. Chant Hare Krishna. Simply wasting time, the civilization... srama eva hi kevalam. Working hard and wasting valuable time of... Misguided. Andha yathandhair upaniya... When I think of their position... So every Vaishnava should be para-duhkha-duhkhi. So you like it?(END)

Prabhupada: Yes, Palika. [break] ...business, that requires so many other things. But if you take to agriculture you can do it immediately. Krishi-go-rakshya. That... We are going to do that. Krishi... This is beginning, family life, maintenance, body and soul together. This is the beginning. Business is there when there is excess. Krishi-go-rakshya-vanijyam [bg. 18.44]. First of all you take care of the cows and engage yourself in agricultural products. Then when there is excess production, you trade, get some money for other purposes. But you... Agriculture means you work for producing food. That is wanted. Why immediately go to trade? Trade is required when there is excess product. Everything is there. Krishi-go-rakshya. And the krishi you can produce independently. You simply work. You have got your hands and legs. You till the ground and throw some seed, and it will come. One kilo seeds, you’ll get one hundred mounds. Then, when the product is excess, you trade. Everything is there. If you produce food grain, you’ll eat nicely and you’ll be strong. You’ll be able to work more. Our point is take Krishna’s instruction. Everything will be perfect. Not that Krishna is advising immediately sarva-dharman parityajya [bg. 18.66]. For that stage you are not prepared. That I know. But in your present stage what you’ll do, that is perfect.

Giriraja: You mean I should leave everything and start a farm?

Prabhupada: Where is the question of leaving? Agriculture... You take to agriculture—that means you leave everything?

Giriraja: Well, what I have now.

Prabhupada: And what you have got? You are asking that “I require now food.” That means you have nothing. You have no food even. (aside:) Oh, you have brought it very quickly. Very nice. All right. [break] Live very comfortably, eat very comfortably and work. Chant Hare Krishna. Simply wasting time, the civilization... srama eva hi kevalam. Working hard and wasting valuable time of... Misguided. Andha yathandhair upaniya... When I think of their position... So every Vaishnava should be para-duhkha-duhkhi. So you like it?(END)

Vedic culture is from Krsna and not to be rejected like common religion. Remember this!

RCB

Vedic culture is from Krsna and not to be rejected like common religion. Remember this!

RCB

Demigod worship is part of Vedic Culture also. What about Krsna stopping the Indra yajna in Vraja, i.e. Govardhana Hill. What is the meaning of that lila in relation to your statement?