IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Lotusflower

Is the Form of God MORE Powerful or the Holy Name?

Rate this topic

Is the Form of God MORE Powerful or is the the Holy Name? Any answers?

:deal:

Was it Srila Prabhupada who said that the moment a sincere devotee chants the Lord`s holy names, "Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare/ Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare," God`s form immediately is present in the sincere devotee`s tongue? In other words, God`s holy name is more powerful than God`s form since God will never manifest himself before his devotee without first chanting His holy names.

------

Was it Srila Prabhupada who said that the moment a sincere devotee chants the Lord`s holy names, "Hare Krsna Hare Krsna Krsna Krsna Hare Hare/ Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare," God`s form immediately is present in the sincere devotee`s tongue? In other words, God`s holy name is more powerful than God`s form since God will never manifest himself before his devotee without first chanting His holy names.

------

Yeah, the Lords name, fame, past times, glories, form etc are all on the absolute plane and are non different from each other. So hearing about the past times of the Lord is no different from being with the Lord.

------

Nice. :pray:

Okay we can't see God with our Spiritual eyes. I have problem with some things:

#1 Why would Krishna give Arjuna (divya-driti) or spiritual vision, ? As Arjuna is devotee of the Lord, and can already 'see' Krishna.

#2 How is it that we can chant (AT ALL), since we cannot see the Lord as we have no spiritual eyes. As it were would'nt we need spiritual tongue(?) to chant the holy name?

#3 What exactly do we NEED to chant the Holy Name?

Nice. :pray:

Okay we can't see God with our Spiritual eyes. I have problem with some things:

#1 Why would Krishna give Arjuna (divya-driti) or spiritual vision, ? As Arjuna is devotee of the Lord, and can already 'see' Krishna.

#2 How is it that we can chant (AT ALL), since we cannot see the Lord as we have no spiritual eyes. As it were would'nt we need spiritual tongue(?) to chant the holy name?

#3 What exactly do we NEED to chant the Holy Name?

Take an example. Dhruva. The boy was only 4 years old and yet he was a great devotee of the Lord. He was looking for a piece of glass but when he couldn`t find it, he did penance by holding his breath and closing all the pores in his body like he was trying to commit suicide. What he did caused earthquakes on earth. The demigods were alarmed. They had to approach Vishnu and asked the Lord to pacify Dhruva. Vishnu obliged by appearing before Dhruva. When Dhruva saw the Lord. He became sober and stopped what he was doing. And said to the Lord that he doesn`t want anymore that piece of glass he was looking for and that he was satisfied just to see ultimately the Lord.

My point here is that we don`t have to do another Dhruva just to see the Lord. Chanting the Lord`s holy names is enough.

---

haha, no yeah u didn't answer it.

Well now that I look at your last comment:

My point here is that we don`t have to do another Dhruva just to see the Lord. Chanting the Lord`s holy names is enough. (Melvin)

Yeah sometimes seems that chanting for long period of time make God appear. But who can do it? What i was getting at is, how come after so long I don't have a taste for chanting. When I wasn't hare krishna or into KC so much, I would chant and be satified. Now I am meant to chant all the time, but I got no taste, even when I chant 16 rounds. Sometimes I feel i am forcing myself to chant (and that just makes me angry), must be something I am missing, na?:)

haha, no yeah u didn't answer it.

Well now that I look at your last comment:

My point here is that we don`t have to do another Dhruva just to see the Lord. Chanting the Lord`s holy names is enough. (Melvin)

Yeah sometimes seems that chanting for long period of time make God appear. But who can do it? What i was getting at is, how come after so long I don't have a taste for chanting. When I wasn't hare krishna or into KC so much, I would chant and be satified. Now I am meant to chant all the time, but I got no taste, even when I chant 16 rounds. Sometimes I feel i am forcing myself to chant (and that just makes me angry), must be something I am missing, na?:)

:namaskar:

Lotusflower, you don`t have to force yourself to chant Hare krsna. It will come automatically. If you don`t like to chant then stop chanting and forget all about this chanting. Mind you, when you are in danger or need some aid or in some uncompromising scene that will be time the taste to chant Hare Krsna is the sweetest.

------------------------