IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sambya

durga is more of vishnu-shakti than shiva -shakti

Rate this topic

in the most ancient scriptures dealing with shakti tattva we find that shakti or durga is more of vishnu shakti than shiva shakti. it was in the later ages that by evolutionary process shakti became more identified with shiva.

one of the most important books of shakta literature is durga saptashati or sri sri chandi. it is a part of markendaya purana( chapters 81 to 93 )reference to this book is found in works of bananhatta , dandi and other philosophers of 7th century. mentions of this scripture also occurs in writings of nagarjuna of 5th century.historians estimate chandi to have been written around 350 A.D.

so taking chandi as the most authoratative and one of the oldest surviving shakta text we shall try to analyze the role of shakti.

all through this book there are innumerable mentions of durga as vishnu shakti.relation with shiva is almost non-existent.she is described as---- harinetraalaya( one who resides in the eyes of sri hari) , narayani ( the female side of narayana ) , vishnumaya (energy of vishnu ) , etc .

she is described as varahi ( energy of varaha ) , vaishnavi ( sitting on garuda) , narasinghi ( energy of nrisimha ) etc.

even in places where she is reffered to as ishaani or shivaduti( one who appointed shiva as her messenger ) she is finally offered obesiences as narayani .........

" shivaduti swarupen hata dvaitya mahavale .

ghora rupe maharave narayani namastute. "

in the famous devisukta also she is always bowed down as narayani.....................

" ya devi sarbabhutesu vishnumayeti sabdita

namastasyai , namastasyai , namastasyai namo namah ."

wherever shiva appears in chandi he is generally seen mixed within a group of other devas. there is no speciall position for him . the role of shiva as husband of prvati is not mentioned at all . instead various places she is seen close to vishnu.

historically also shakti tattva started to be discussed first in pacharatra shatras before tantra crept in . all this seems to suggest that initially durga or shakti was a concept associated with vishnu. later this indispensable philosophy was adopted in shaiva fold also. solwly role of devi as shiva's shakti gained more prominence.

Yet, some Vaishnavas will still insist on calling her a "demigoddess".

How does it affect anybody deathless? especially you?.Is the worshippers of durga under threat from vaishnavites.

Are Durga worshippers under threat?.Do the vaishnavas abuse them?

Do the vaishnavites say all nonvaishnavites go to hell??

How does it affect anybody deathless? especially you?.Is the worshippers of durga under threat from vaishnavites.

Are Durga worshippers under threat?.Do the vaishnavas abuse them?

Do the vaishnavites say all nonvaishnavites go to hell??

Hahahahaha! I'd love to see how vehemently you'd react if I said, "Sriman Narayan is a demigod." Yet, when I make one small comment, you blow your lid. What nonsense.

Get a grip. There's no reason for a panic attack.

And, in turn, I'd like to ask you:

How does my comment affect anyone chandu? Especially you? Are the worshipers of Vishnu under threat from the Shaktas? Are Vishnu worshipers under threat? Do Shaktas abuse them? Do the Shaktas say all non-Shaktas go to hell?

Hahahahaha! I'd love to see how vehemently you'd react if I said, "Sriman Narayan is a demigod." Yet, when I make one small comment, you blow your lid. What nonsense.

Where did i react vehemently???.And where did i blew my lid on such occassion??.PLSSS, dont speculate.

Get a grip. There's no reason for a panic attack.

No panic whatsover.Get to the point.

And, in turn, I'd like to ask you:

How does my comment affect anyone chandu? Especially you?

Your comment indicates it effects you.

Are the worshipers of Vishnu under threat from the Shaktas? Are Vishnu worshipers under threat?

Not in the least.

Do Shaktas abuse them? Do the Shaktas say all non-Shaktas go to hell?

As far as i am aware Shaktas don't abuse and neither do vaishnavas.

Now get to the point . will you???.

Worshipping demigods(devas) is not a bad thing as per bhagavadgita.

<!--[if gte mso 10]> .......> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} ........> <![endif]--> BG 7.21: I am in everyone's heart as the Supersoul. As soon as one desires to worship some demigod(deva/deity), I make his faith steady so that he can devote himself to that particular deity.

BG 7.22: Endowed with such a faith, he endeavors to worship a particular demigod and obtains his desires. But in actuality these benefits are bestowed by Me alone.

Now are you going to open any thread explaining your concept of Advaitha.Or you are just content spamming with your silly posts calling people who disagree with you as fools.

Your comment indicates it effects you.

And your comments indicated panic and anger.

"PLSSS, don't speculate." Hahaha

Now get to the point . will you???.

Worshipping demigods(devas) is not a bad thing as per bhagavadgita.

<!--[if gte mso 10]> .......> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} ........> <![endif]-->

Why do you feel the need to call certain gods and goddesses 'demi--half--gods' and 'demi--half--goddesses' but not others?

Do you also call certain animals 'demi-animals'? Or certain people 'half-people'? If so, what makes them only half and not whole?

BG 7.21: I am in everyone's heart as the Supersoul. As soon as one desires to worship some demigod(deva/deity), I make his faith steady so that he can devote himself to that particular deity.

BG 7.22: Endowed with such a faith, he endeavors to worship a particular demigod and obtains his desires. But in actuality these benefits are bestowed by Me alone.

Do you realize that the word you translate as 'demigod' [deva] is also used to describe Krishna? Does 'Vasudeva' ring a bell? How would you translate that? 'Demigod of the Vasu Tribe', and call Krishna a demigod?

As far as i am aware Shaktas don't abuse and neither do vaishnavas.

I've never read a Shakta calling other people's deities demigods (that is, 'half-gods'). I've only read that on the Vaishnava section of the forum.

And your comments indicated panic and anger.

"PLSSS, don't speculate." Hahaha

Hahaha.Get to the point.Will you

Why do you feel the need to call certain gods and goddesses 'demi--half--gods' and 'demi--half--goddesses' but not others?

I dont feel a need nor i support the word demi-god.Didnt u notice i included deva/deity.Does it give pleasure to you to focus on silly things?.Perhaps you like to play Dumb.

Do you also call certain animals 'demi-animals'? Or certain people 'half-people'? If so, what makes them only half and not whole?

Are u not capable of intelligent discussion??.Perhaps you love to see your words more often.

Do you realize that the word you translate as 'demigod' [deva] is also used to describe Krishna? Does 'Vasudeva' ring a bell? How would you translate that? 'Demigod of the Vasu Tribe', and call Krishna a demigod?

Unlike you i dont bi*tch if somebody translates a word differently.

Enough said.Now can we expect some intelligent comments from you in future.

Does 'Vasudeva' ring a bell?

"When I heard this dopey question, I thought about it" --[NOW, THAT"S MY SARCASISM HERE].

Vaasudeva = Son of Vasudeva. [Vasudeva is husband of Devaki].

How would you translate that? 'Demigod of the Vasu Tribe', and call Krishna a demigod? --[NOW, THAT"S NOT MY SARCASISM HERE].

My response to you deathless is: "Good question :rolleyes:; It's for me to know and--for you to find out. Next, question."

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

When I heard the name Vasudeva it thought of [i guess you'd have no idea what my depth of familarity with satra would be]:

“In the Padma Puräëa it is said that in the spiritual world the Lord personally expands in all directions and is worshiped as Väsudeva, Saìkarñaëa, Pradyumna and Aniruddha.

The same God is represented by the Deity in this material world, which is only one quarter of His creation. Väsudeva, Saìkarñaëa, Pradyumna and Aniruddha are also present in the four directions of this material world.

There is a Vaikuëöhaloka covered with water in this material world, and on that planet is a place called Vedavaté, where Väsudeva is located. Another planet known as Viñëuloka is situated above Satyaloka, and there Saìkarñaëa is present. Similarly, in Dvärakä-puré, Pradyumna is the predominator.

On the island known as Çvetadvépa, there is an ocean of milk, and in the midst of that ocean is a place called Airävaté-pura, where Aniruddha lies on Ananta.

In some of the sätvata-tantras, there is a description of the nine varñas and the predominating Deity worshiped in each: (1) Väsudeva, (2) Saìkarñaëa, (3) Pradyumna, (4) Aniruddha, (5) Näräyaëa, (6) Nåsiàha, (7) Hayagréva, (8) Mahävaräha, and (9) Brahmä. “The Lord Brahmä mentioned in this connection is the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

When there is no fit human being to empower as Lord Brahmä, the Lord Himself takes the position of Lord Brahmä. Tatra brahmä tu vijïeyaù pürvokta-vidhayä hariù. That Brahmä mentioned here is Hari Himself.

Let us all chant the glories of Väsudeva along with His plenary expansions Pradyumna, Aniruddha and Saìkarñaëa.

According to Païcarätra, Näräyaëa is the primeval cause of all expansions of Godhead. These are Väsudeva, Saìkarñaëa, Pradyumna and Aniruddha. Väsudeva and Saìkarñaëa are on the middle left and right, Pradyumna is on the right of Saìkarñaëa, and Aniruddha is on the left of Väsudeva, and thus the four Deities are situated. They are known as the four aides-de-camp of Lord Çré Kåñëa.

Those expansions are the original Deities for all other truths, namely either viñëu-tattva or çakti-tattvas.

Kåñëa is the first Näräyaëa. In the spiritual world (Vaikuëöha) there are unlimited numbers of Näräyaëas, who are all the same Personality of Godhead and are considered to be the plenary expansions of the original Personality of Godhead, Çré Kåñëa.

The first form of the Lord Çré Kåñëa first expands Himself as the form of Baladeva, and Baladeva expands in so many other forms, such as Saìkarñaëa, Pradyumna, Aniruddha, Väsudeva, Näräyaëa, Puruña, Räma and Nåsiàha. All these expansions are one and the same viñëu-tattva, and Çré Kåñëa is the original source of all the plenary expansions.

He is therefore the direct Personality of Godhead. He is the creator of the material world, and He is the predominating Deity known as Näräyaëa in all the Vaikuëöha planets. Therefore, His movements amongst human beings is another sort of bewilderment.

The Lord therefore says in the Bhagavad-gétä that foolish persons consider Him to be one of the human beings without knowing the intricacies of His movements.

SB 4.3.23

sattvaà viçuddhaà vasudeva-çabditaà

yad éyate tatra pumän apävåtaù

sattve ca tasmin bhagavän väsudevo

hy adhokñajo me namasä vidhéyate

çuddha-sattva, as described in this verse, is the transcendental position, which is technically called vasudeva. Vasudeva is also the name of the person from whom Kåñëa appears. This verse explains that the pure state is called vasudeva because in that state Väsudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is revealed without any covering.

In pure devotional service one simply serves the Supreme Personality of Godhead as a matter of duty, without reason and without being impeded by material conditions. That is called çuddha-sattva, or vasudeva, because in that stage the Supreme Person, Kåñëa, is revealed in the heart of the devotee. Çréla Jéva Gosvämé has very nicely described this vasudeva, or çuddha-sattva, in his Bhagavat-sandarbha.

He explains that añöottara-çata (108) is added to the name of the spiritual master to indicate one who is situated in çuddha-sattva, or in the transcendental state of vasudeva. The word vasudeva is also used for other purposes. For example, vasudeva also means one who is everywhere, or all-pervading.

The sun is also called vasudeva-çabditam. The word vasudeva may be utilized for different purposes, but whatever purpose we adopt, Väsudeva means the all-pervading or localized Supreme Personality of Godhead.

In Bhagavad-gétä (7.19) it is also stated, väsudevaù sarvam iti. Factual realization is to understand Väsudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and surrender unto Him.

Vasudeva is the ground wherein Väsudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is revealed. When one is free from the contamination of material nature and is situated in pure Kåñëa consciousness, or in the vasudeva state, Väsudeva, the Supreme Person, is revealed.

This state is also called kaivalya, which means “pure consciousness.” Jïänaà sättvikaà kaivalyam. When one is situated in pure, transcendental knowledge, one is situated in kaivalya.

Therefore vasudeva also means kaivalya, a word which is generally used by impersonalists. Impersonal kaivalya is not the last stage of realization, but in Kåñëa consciousness kaivalya, when one understands the Supreme Personality of Godhead, then one is successful.

It is possible to quote scriptures day and night and say that one form is superior over another. It is so much better to do sadhana/upasana and realise one of these forms reside in ones heart. It is well known that pride, intellectualisation are all obstacles in ones spiritual path. Let us concentrate on our own practice.

If seeing Durga as Vaishnavi or Narayani or a demi-goddess is what gives you pleasure, be happy my friend.

Let us not waste time in arguments- time better spent in japa, nama smaran, satsanga( for Vaishnavas, Shaktas, Shaivas,Ganapatya et al).

It is possible to quote scriptures day and night and say that one form is superior over another. It is so much better to do sadhana/upasana and realise one of these forms reside in ones heart. It is well known that pride, intellectualisation are all obstacles in ones spiritual path. Let us concentrate on our own practice.

If seeing Durga as Vaishnavi or Narayani or a demi-goddess is what gives you pleasure, be happy my friend.

Let us not waste time in arguments- time better spent in japa, nama smaran, satsanga( for Vaishnavas, Shaktas, Shaivas,Ganapatya et al).

excellent

If arguments don`t reach to an agreement then I think it`s a waste of time arguing with someone who doesn`t really want to agree with you even if you are correct. Why? Because he has already made up his mind that your view in the first place is wrong and he`s correct.

Lage raho.Lage raho.

Oh by the way,what do ganpatyas,Shaktas,shaivaites do as sadhana??

It is a sincere enquiry.

Vaishnavi means- maid servant of Sri Narayani.

And there is no doubt that Sri Durga is Shiva's wife.

For the Supreme Lord Does NOT consort with His apara potency.

He manifests Himself as Divine Halo,Shambhu,who consorts with Maya and creates this material manifestation.

Whereas,the original Durga,who reigns in durgaloka in the paravyoma(Spiritual sky) can be considered as the Direct manifestation of Cit/Para/Rama sakti,Just like Sadasiva is indifferent from the Supreme Lord.

Just like Sadasiva is described in the Vayu purana,So Durga described in this scripture must be Her.There is no issue at all.

We call Shiva and Durga as 'h'im and 'h'er just to maintain the tradition.

We have nothing but respect for Them,They being actually indifferent from the Lord.

Vaishnavi means- maid servant of Sri Narayani.

why argue constantly with such a poor fund of knowledge ?

whenever the word vaishnavi is used to describe durga it is used in the sense of vishnu shakti. you will also come across terms like idrani maaheshwari, kaumari , brahmani , varaahi, naarasinghi , narayani etc. indrani stands for idndra shakti , kumari for kumara(kartika or skanda)shakti , maaheswari for maheswar shakti and so forth. so when all the words mean respective shaktis one word coulnt possibly mean 'servant'. vaishnavi is used as vishnu shakti.

almost all sanskrit words in shastras carry many meanings. vaishnavi also means vishnu shakti. you such an illeterate individual that you interpreted vaishnavi as maidservant.even in its literall sense it means vishnu bhakta.

also what explanation could you provide for the word ' narayani ' ?

And there is no doubt that Sri Durga is Shiva's wife.

there is no doubt that she is the only vishnu shakti before radha came into existence(historcal existence). although no one is forcing you to believe or accept history !!!!!!!!!!!!

We have nothing but respect for Them,They being actually indifferent from the Lord

a bunch of confused souls !! you have gretest respect for her and call her maid servant. another paradox !!! why cant you guys have some basic reasoning ?

dont continue to argue , i can provide with innumerable shastric quotations for you to see that durga is higher to krishna( i dont mean that although).

a religion that preaches or creates narrow sectarianship is harmfull for society in long term.your faith (along with the illustrious iskcon) is exactly doing that.and i see( most people would agree with me) nothing positive in a religion nurturing sectarian views.

what is harmfull for the society can never be usefull for an individual.

Oh by the way,what do ganpatyas,Shaktas,shaivaites do as sadhana??

It is a sincere enquiry.

all of them have advaita as their central belief. they believe other dieties as equal expansions of their own ishta.

but vaishnavas believe others to be incomplete expansions of their ishta.

the faith in advaita is the reason that they( shaktas , shaivas and ganapatyas) are never dogmatic or narrow minded.

Wow....Your last post just established faulty perception of all the traditions.

Advaita is faulty fundamentally.

Go ahead...Quote Quote.

But quote atleast 1 verse from Sattvic puranas,establishing Durgadevi's superiority of Sri Krsna.

Just ONE.

Go ahead...Quote Quote.

But quote atleast 1 verse from Sattvic puranas,establishing Durgadevi's superiority of Sri Krsna.

Just ONE.

But first show that the sattvic purana concept is accepted outside sattvic/vaishnava puranas. Do you see what I am saying?

Quote at least 1 verse from a non-sattvic/non-vaishnava purana, which acknowledges the concept of sattvic puranas. Just ONE.

Then you can demand quotes from sattvic puranas. Until then...it makes no sense and I am sure you see what I mean.

Cheers

I dont feel a need nor i support the word demi-god.Didnt u notice i included deva/deity.Does it give pleasure to you to focus on silly things?.Perhaps you like to play Dumb.

But the translation you quoted doesn't actually say that. You just added it in parentheses.

Unlike you i dont bi*tch if somebody translates a word differently.

Enough said.Now can we expect some intelligent comments from you in future.

I'd love to see how much you'd bitch is someone translated 'Vasudeva' as 'demigod of the Vasus' and then translated 'Mahadeva' as 'Great God'.

Does 'Vasudeva' ring a bell?

"When I heard this dopey question, I thought about it" --[NOW, THAT"S MY SARCASISM HERE].

Vaasudeva = Son of Vasudeva. [Vasudeva is husband of Devaki].

How would you translate that? 'Demigod of the Vasu Tribe', and call Krishna a demigod? --[NOW, THAT"S NOT MY SARCASISM HERE].

My response to you deathless is: "Good question :rolleyes:; It's for me to know and--for you to find out. Next, question."

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

When I heard the name Vasudeva it thought of [i guess you'd have no idea what my depth of familarity with satra would be]:

“In the Padma Puräëa it is said that in the spiritual world the Lord personally expands in all directions and is worshiped as Väsudeva, Saìkarñaëa, Pradyumna and Aniruddha.

The same God is represented by the Deity in this material world, which is only one quarter of His creation. Väsudeva, Saìkarñaëa, Pradyumna and Aniruddha are also present in the four directions of this material world.

There is a Vaikuëöhaloka covered with water in this material world, and on that planet is a place called Vedavaté, where Väsudeva is located. Another planet known as Viñëuloka is situated above Satyaloka, and there Saìkarñaëa is present. Similarly, in Dvärakä-puré, Pradyumna is the predominator.

On the island known as Çvetadvépa, there is an ocean of milk, and in the midst of that ocean is a place called Airävaté-pura, where Aniruddha lies on Ananta.

In some of the sätvata-tantras, there is a description of the nine varñas and the predominating Deity worshiped in each: (1) Väsudeva, (2) Saìkarñaëa, (3) Pradyumna, (4) Aniruddha, (5) Näräyaëa, (6) Nåsiàha, (7) Hayagréva, (8) Mahävaräha, and (9) Brahmä. “The Lord Brahmä mentioned in this connection is the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

When there is no fit human being to empower as Lord Brahmä, the Lord Himself takes the position of Lord Brahmä. Tatra brahmä tu vijïeyaù pürvokta-vidhayä hariù. That Brahmä mentioned here is Hari Himself.

Let us all chant the glories of Väsudeva along with His plenary expansions Pradyumna, Aniruddha and Saìkarñaëa.

According to Païcarätra, Näräyaëa is the primeval cause of all expansions of Godhead. These are Väsudeva, Saìkarñaëa, Pradyumna and Aniruddha. Väsudeva and Saìkarñaëa are on the middle left and right, Pradyumna is on the right of Saìkarñaëa, and Aniruddha is on the left of Väsudeva, and thus the four Deities are situated. They are known as the four aides-de-camp of Lord Çré Kåñëa.

Those expansions are the original Deities for all other truths, namely either viñëu-tattva or çakti-tattvas.

Kåñëa is the first Näräyaëa. In the spiritual world (Vaikuëöha) there are unlimited numbers of Näräyaëas, who are all the same Personality of Godhead and are considered to be the plenary expansions of the original Personality of Godhead, Çré Kåñëa.

The first form of the Lord Çré Kåñëa first expands Himself as the form of Baladeva, and Baladeva expands in so many other forms, such as Saìkarñaëa, Pradyumna, Aniruddha, Väsudeva, Näräyaëa, Puruña, Räma and Nåsiàha. All these expansions are one and the same viñëu-tattva, and Çré Kåñëa is the original source of all the plenary expansions.

He is therefore the direct Personality of Godhead. He is the creator of the material world, and He is the predominating Deity known as Näräyaëa in all the Vaikuëöha planets. Therefore, His movements amongst human beings is another sort of bewilderment.

The Lord therefore says in the Bhagavad-gétä that foolish persons consider Him to be one of the human beings without knowing the intricacies of His movements.

SB 4.3.23

sattvaà viçuddhaà vasudeva-çabditaà

yad éyate tatra pumän apävåtaù

sattve ca tasmin bhagavän väsudevo

hy adhokñajo me namasä vidhéyate

çuddha-sattva, as described in this verse, is the transcendental position, which is technically called vasudeva. Vasudeva is also the name of the person from whom Kåñëa appears. This verse explains that the pure state is called vasudeva because in that state Väsudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is revealed without any covering.

In pure devotional service one simply serves the Supreme Personality of Godhead as a matter of duty, without reason and without being impeded by material conditions. That is called çuddha-sattva, or vasudeva, because in that stage the Supreme Person, Kåñëa, is revealed in the heart of the devotee. Çréla Jéva Gosvämé has very nicely described this vasudeva, or çuddha-sattva, in his Bhagavat-sandarbha.

He explains that añöottara-çata (108) is added to the name of the spiritual master to indicate one who is situated in çuddha-sattva, or in the transcendental state of vasudeva. The word vasudeva is also used for other purposes. For example, vasudeva also means one who is everywhere, or all-pervading.

The sun is also called vasudeva-çabditam. The word vasudeva may be utilized for different purposes, but whatever purpose we adopt, Väsudeva means the all-pervading or localized Supreme Personality of Godhead.

In Bhagavad-gétä (7.19) it is also stated, väsudevaù sarvam iti. Factual realization is to understand Väsudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and surrender unto Him.

Vasudeva is the ground wherein Väsudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is revealed. When one is free from the contamination of material nature and is situated in pure Kåñëa consciousness, or in the vasudeva state, Väsudeva, the Supreme Person, is revealed.

This state is also called kaivalya, which means “pure consciousness.” Jïänaà sättvikaà kaivalyam. When one is situated in pure, transcendental knowledge, one is situated in kaivalya.

Therefore vasudeva also means kaivalya, a word which is generally used by impersonalists. Impersonal kaivalya is not the last stage of realization, but in Kåñëa consciousness kaivalya, when one understands the Supreme Personality of Godhead, then one is successful.

I'm sorry, I couldn't finish reading your ridiculously long response.

The only part I got to was where you said that Krishna's name, Vasudeva, only meant "son of Vasudeva". While it may be indicated, this name of Krishna also means 'the God of the Vasu tribe'. It has double significance.

Note that he's never called "Nandaraj" when referred to as "son of Nanda". That would make no sense. He is called Nandanandana, son of Nanda, instead.

Just ONE.

Classic Vaishnava stock attack. Note that the only scripture that classifies the Puranas in this way is the Bhagavata Purana, a Vaishnava scripture. Strangely enough, it only lists Vaishnava Puranas as Sattvic, while relegating those praising Devi to Raja Guna and those praising Shiva to Tama guna.

Now, I wonder why a scripture aimed at promoting the worship of Vishnu would make such a claim? :rolleyes: Surely not just to promote the author's own religious tradition at the expense of all the other religious traditions!

Originally Posted by Deathless:

"I'm sorry, I couldn't finish reading your ridiculously long response."

DEAR MODERATOR,

Please inform Deathless that Bhaktajan has been deleted many many times (by the MODERATOR) and so,

Bhaktajan has amended his writting style of berating chasticements to be more acid and incisive and

acceptable to remaining posted with the ultimate intention of shaving his aggrevator's Head and

leaving a sikha.

Then the Tilak. And then Bhaktajan will start his lecturing.

And then . . . lessons in 'Overcoming Fear' pep talks will ensue . . . and then Bhaktajan will ignore Deathless-ness's haughty highnee.