IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Robsteve

Ganga Jal (GangaJal, Gangaa Jal, Gangaajal, Holy water)

Rate this topic

Dear Sirs & Guruji,

As a ardent believer in Hinduism & it's mythology, and due to my long association with the ISKCON & OSHO movement - I have been experimenting on my own.

I have a question for all of you? and the quaestion is based on my real-life experiences?

* recently I happened to buy some Gangaajal from this lady, who has listed her items on ebay.in - and the truth is I did not knew - Gangaajal could have tasted so good. Even the advertisers response was very good. So I am recommending to all of you to visit the link listed below

* and now I have my questions, which are as follows .

- I have been used to collecting raw water from River ganges right from GOMUKH to it's Delta BASIN - and using it for all my rites & consuming it as per the Guruji's advice. The water does look murky downstream but I had no complaints.

- However, this lady advises and claims to have used R.O. filteration process & insists on using right packaging materials.

_ My question now is - Is it still Gangaa Jal after filtertion???, even I have my doubts ???

- secondly, if Gangaa Jal is - what it is meant to be - Gangaajal jal sourced from any point right from it's origin till it meets the seas is supposed to be gangaajal.

_ Personally, I have travelled on foot along the ganges - and I happened to notice - that Gangaa Jal does not mean water from the Gangotri Glacier alone.

- It is a mighty river - containing feeds from not just one but thousand of little natural mineral water springs, rivulets, and of course from - Bhagirathi, alaknanda & so on. Even the seasonal rivers (during monsoon) contribute to it.

Any comments & suggestions shall be much appreciated - in view of so many suppliers on the net claiming to offer you the real thing.

However, I would like to comment that this lady on ebay.in is doing miracles, trying to offer real good Gangaa jal at very honest prices & that too in healthy PET bottles. Initially, I too had my doubts - but I am requesting everyone to give it a try.

Thanks for reading this. Any comments & suggestions shall be much appreciated.

Robert Stevenson,

Oslo, Norway.

I don't see any problem with it being filtered. It's not like filtering it takes the devi out of it. It just takes some of the pollution out.

That said, I really don't think you should drink unfiltered Ganga jaal. Sri Ganga has become so polluted that I'm not sure how your body would take to unfiltered since you're not used to drinking it.

Thank you Amarji (Deathless)

Thank you for your enlightenment on the subject. I definitely preferred the filtered version. However, I had a sense of guilt attached to it. Now you have opened my eyes.

I have also felt that due to the increased pollution, we should take precautions.

After all, our deities & we can have the best now !!

Thanks & Namaskaar again to you

Robert Stevenson

Oslo, Noray