IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Lotusflower

Can devotees really cook?

Rate this topic

Its me Pankaja dasa by the way,

Okay this is meant to be humorous.

When I was in vrindavana, in the temple. The food was not really to my likeing, I thought it was because the Bengali food was cooked that way, but now back in Uk, I think maybe the person cooking 'can't cook?', is that possible?:crazy:

I tried to cook some kichari like in Vrindavana and it tasted exactly like the kicahri in Vraja:eek2:. Tasteless, (i can't cook to save my japa beads), what I am trying to say is, well..

When I was in Birmingham temple in Uk, the food was really really nice. The cook knew what he was doing. I had some kachories in Vraj from Dhaba that we nice. And the restaurant in Mathura (Govindas), was reasonable, I really think 'they' who(?), put cooks who can't cook. Indian cooking is very very very difficult, all those spices, even reading a recipe book. Anyway its meant to be humorous post;)

When I was in Birmingham temple in Uk, the food was really really nice. The cook knew what he was doing. I had some kachories in Vraj from Dhaba that we nice.

Well I must say sounds yum. I remember onetime Pankaja I went to a retreat and they were preparing a feast. There was hardly anything in the fridge and I thought what will they do?

So I started chopping veggies and watched this one amazing Indian born mataji cook. She made dishes fit for a King!

And this lowly servant (bija) has never tasted food like it since, let alone cooked anything as good. It was so fabulous!

:)

Anyway, just imagine like, tumeric, corriander, lime, mustard seeds, asfodita, etc, and some rice, and expert could combine and make. But me?

I mean I know what sugar is.. it makes things sweet, but tumeric? Mustard seeds? What exactly do they do to food? Its proper complicated.

I would ask my mum, but she would never tell me. I think its a sub-conscious cook secret. I know Prabhupada could cook, I'd give my Laptop for a taste of that prasadam.