IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
suchandra

Chopra: Attack prompts tough questions

Rate this topic

Thursday, November 27, 2008

deepok.jpg

Deepak Chopra believes "Washington" was responsible for the attacks in Mumbai.

HuffPo and CNN reported:

Chopra: What we have seen in Mumbai has been brewing for a long time, and
the war on terrorism and the attack on Iraq compounded the situation.
What we call "collateral damage" and
going after the wrong people
actually turns moderates into extremists
, and that inflammation then gets organized and appears as this disaster in Bombay. Now the worst thing that could happen is there's a backlash on the Muslims from the fundamental Hindus in India, which then will perpetuate the problem. Inflammation will create more inflammation.

CNN: Let me jump in on that because you're presuming something very important, which is that it's Muslims who have carried out these attacks and, in some cases, with Washington in their sights.

Chopra: Ultimately the message is always toward Washington because it's also the perception that Washington, in their way, directly or indirectly funds both sides of the war on terror. They fund our side, then our petrol dollars going to Saudi Arabia through Pakistan and ultimately these terrorist groups, which are very organized. You know Jonathan, it takes a lot of money to do this. It takes a lot of organization to do this. Where's the money coming from, you know? The money is coming from the vested interests. I'm not talking about conspiracy theories, but what happens is, our policies, our foreign policies, actually perpetuate this problem. Because, you know, 25% of the world's population is Muslim and they're the fastest growing segment of the population of the world. The more we alienate the Muslim population, the more the moderates are likely to become extremists.

It makes you wonder who he thinks "the right people" are.

America has been going after Al-Qaeda and the nations that harbor and fund terrorists for 7 years now.

To blame the attacks in Mumbai on American policy in Iraq or Afghanistan or wherever is just wrong.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD1rfL788S4"]the video.

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD1rfL788S4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

The conspiracy theorists that I read say that the war on terrorism and global warming are ways of creating a collectivist mentality in the world population in order to create a common enemy for the world. Once this common enemy is established on the world stage the people that wish to manipulate the population through these devices will use these devices to essentially herd the population of the world into a global police state that serves the needs and protects the interests of the very wealthy ruling elite at the expense of individual God given rights.

The problem with the blame America mentality is that most people that blame America don't actually get to the root of the problem. The shadow government that is running the American government are European bankers through the federal reserve. The American people in general do not support any of the policies that the American government is carrying out. The people once they saw that Iraq was phoney wanted out of Iraq. The people want their borders protected, the people didn't want the bailout of Wall Street but still the government does the exact opposite of what the people want in almost every instance.

The people that point fingers at America should get to the root of the problem otherwise they are falling into the NWO trap of trying to tear down the US Constitution. The NWO European bankers want to tear down all concepts of God given rights and tear down the countries that try to maintain their sovereignty. These are the countries that are subject to attack at every level especially on the psychological level.

This is kind of off-topic, but still somewhat relevant to the main issue at hand. I remember watching a video of a comedian a while ago; the comedian suggested that rather than enforcing gun control you enforce bullet control. He said if bullets costed $5000 it could more or less eliminate a lot of killing, seeing as how the price of bullets would be too expensive to buy.

It's a pretty quirky idea, but good I think.

........ width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDC-XQG1ifo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

That could easily go down as the dumbest quote of the year. Blame America, of course !

Just like the blame Bush crowd, who are these losers going to blame when America is no longer a world power.

That could easily go down as the dumbest quote of the year. Blame America, of course !

Just like the blame Bush crowd, who are these losers going to blame when America is no longer a world power.

Someone wants Pakistan and India at each others throats for the purpose of subduing Pakistan and India after that. Someone wants to energize the right wing in India and turn the mind of the Indian people to thoughts of a greater police presence in the hope of a more uniform security. It’s more complex than this and, of course, the money and power thing is always there.

Someone wants Pakistan and India at each others throats for the purpose of subduing Pakistan and India after that. Someone wants to energize the right wing in India and turn the mind of the Indian people to thoughts of a greater police presence in the hope of a more uniform security. It’s more complex than this and, of course, the money and power thing is always there.

I agree with this. I heard from the conspiracy theorists I listen to about a month ago that Obama eventually wanted to invade or go after Pakistan in some way and that would be one of the next big crisis. What do you know a terrorist attack happens and sets up a scenario that could escalate tensions between India and Pakistan. Don't know if it a coincidence or not but it is eye opening to say the least.

Ancient Mariner did you read things along the lines of this following quote? I pulled it from a conspiracy news site.

India and China a threat to the status quo:

The Kashmiri jihadists or Pakistan have absolutely nothing to gain from this. This is madness and they are not madmen. They may not be India’s friends but they are not stark raving mad. India knows this.

India is being deliberately dragged into conflict, not by “moslem terrorists” but by a certain superpower and its whip. This superpower is on the brink of economic collapse and the main threats to its economic future are China and India. India may react to this without thinking it through, or as is politically expedient; and the Hindu Militant Party, if it wins, will decide to become the US’s policeman in the region. This would lead to conflict with moslem countries, Russia and China, - India’s markets and its oil/gas supply is then seriously compromised, its economy ruined by this, and by war and more “terrorist attacks” - and voila! There goes one competitor.

Ancient Mariner did you read things along the lines of this following quote? I pulled it from a conspiracy news site.

Yeah the site I have been reading has been saying things like that for about a month or more now. Don't know it it is true but I have noticed some strange coincidences since then.

If the Indian government goes against Pakistan it should be clear that the Indian government itself is part of the conspiracy. Pakistan's president Asif Ali Zardari clearly says, these are terrorists which have to eliminated. Manmohan Singh, India's president says, no, this is an attack originating from Pakistan's government. In other words, like Bush, he uses terrorism to start a war.

If the Indian government goes against Pakistan it should be clear that the Indian government itself is part of the conspiracy. Pakistan's president Asif Ali Zardari clearly says, these are terrorists which have to eliminated. Manmohan Singh, India's president says, no, this is an attack originating from Pakistan's government. In other words, like Bush, he uses terrorism to start a war.

That's a very intersting observation. One could then further speculate over what the motive is behind the Indian government to want to create a fued with Pakistan.

If the Indian government goes against Pakistan it should be clear that the Indian government itself is part of the conspiracy.

Chopra looks intelligent here.

Pakistan's president Asif Ali Zardari clearly says, these are terrorists which have to eliminated.

Pakistani presidents said many things.Musharraf said with a straight face that pakistani soldiers were not involved in kargil war even after Many soldiers were caughto in indian soil.And all those heavy armory on kargill hills had no way of appearing without logistic support from pakistani establishment.

Manmohan Singh, India's president says, no, this is an attack originating from Pakistan's government. In other words, like Bush, he uses terrorism to start a war.

Manmohan singh starting a war??

hahahhahahahehehehehhuhuhuhuhu.

Manmohan singh starting a war??

hahahhahahahehehehehhuhuhuhuhu.

Like almost anywhere else it is not the premier minister who makes decisions but instead the elite of global tycoons and international bankers. Financial Times now reports, that foreign investors are getting the red carpet in India to buy everything what looks like a cash cow.

India slashes rates to shore up growth

By James Fontanella-Khan in Mumbai

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/99fe90a0-c370-11dd-a4a5-000077b07658.html

Published: December 6 2008 08:38 | Last updated: December 6 2008 14:23

India’s central bank announced a series of emergency measures on Saturday to stimulate growth and boost business confidence, which has been hit further after terrorists launched one of the worst attacks in India’s history last week.

The Reserve Bank of India cut the repo rate by 100 basis points, pushing the key short-term interest rate to its lowest level in two-and-a-half years, and it cut the reverse repo rate, used to absorb cash from the market, by 1 percentage point to 5 per cent.

The cumulative amount of primary liquidity made available by the central bank to the financial system since mid-September this year is worth more than Rs3,000bn ($60bn, £41bn, €48bn). Since the collapse of Lehman Brothers, the RBI has cut the repo rate by 250 basis points, in a series of moves aimed at keeping Asia’s third-largest economy growth expanding.

“The reduction in repo and reverse repo rate should result in a reduction in marginal cost of funds to banks and enable them to improve the flow of credit to productive sectors of the economy on viable terms,” said Duvvuri Subbarao, India’s central bank governor.

“The aim of these measures was to augment domestic and forex liquidity and to enable banks to continue to lend for productive purpose while maintaining credit quality so as to sustain the growth momentum,” Mr Subbarao added.

Among the other measures the central bank governor also announced that the RBI will allow companies to buy back their foreign currency convertible bonds. The decision will help companies to unwind the bonds in an orderly fashion, with most of them coming due in the next few years.

“The recent RBI moves are extremely positive,” Keki Mistry, managing director at Housing Development Finance, told an Indian television channel.“Though a repo rate cut doesn’t lower the cost of funds, we, as end users, will stand to benefit as we expect the banks to reduce their lending rates.”

The rate cuts also aim to restore investors confidence, which has been seriously damaged following the recent terrors attacks in Mumbai, as many executives have cancelled trips and conferences in India’s financial capital.

“The downside risks to growth have increased after the terror attacks,” said N.R. Bhanumurthy, an economist at the Institute of Economic Growth in New Delhi. “We expect the central bank to loosen monetary policy further.”

Mr Subbarao said that economic growth was likely to slowdown for the year ending in March 2009 more than they had previously expected, which is between 7.5 and 8 per cent, but he also pointed out that inflation would fall below 7 per cent, which is the rate they originally forecasted.

“The outlook for India going forward is mixed ... There is evidence of economic activity slowing down,” said Mr Subbarao. “Industrial activity, particularly in the manufacturing and infrastructure sectors, is decelerating. The services sector too, which has been our prime growth engine for the last five years, is slowing.”

On Saturday the market was also expecting the government to announce a fiscal stimulus package, but it was delayed. Some media reports said that the new fiscal package could be presented on Sunday.

“For the economy to rev up, we now need fiscal measures to focus on sector specific issues,” Shubhada Rao, chief economist at Yes Bank, told Reuters.

Kamal Nath, India’s trade minister, on Friday said: “We are looking at creating greater domestic demand, creating stimulus in the construction, infrastructure sector and in exports.”

India’s exports, which have been hammered by a sharp fall in demand and liquidity, have declined 12.1 per cent in October from a year earlier to $12.8bn, the first drop in absolute terms in seven years, according to the RBI.

In spite of the growing worries that the financial crisis might hit the real economy, the central bank governor reassured the nation that the “fundamentals of our economy continue to be strong.”

Pakistani intelligence chiefs have admitted that the terrorists involved in last week’s attack on Mumbai were Pakistani nationals the US has told India. Meanwhile, US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice has reportedly warned Pakistan to act urgently "otherwise, the US will act”.

(http://www.zeenews.com/nation/2008-12-06/488831news.html).

Now please all those conspiracy theorists learn the reality.:smash:

Pakistan navy made the preparations for the terrorists travel to mumbai.

chandu,

I suggest you read the book "The Creature from Jekyll Island". It is an eye opening book. Not saying that this instance was a conspiracy or wasn't I do not know for sure either way but to get an understanding of some of the conspiracies that do exist read the book, I think you will like it. Ever since reading that book I view all the major events on the world stage with suspicion instead of just believing whatever the corporate media dishes out.

I have heard there is eventually going to be a war between India and Pakistan or that the US would invade Pakistan for a few months now. The articles say that is what the international bankers want and how they profit. We will see if this comes true. I heard there were going to be some kind of event that would escalate tensions. I don't know if it was a lucky guess by the author that wrote it or not but seeing this terrorist attack where one of the men arrested is an indian counterinsurgency officer that apparently didn't do a good enough job sure was strange to manifest in reality, we will see what happens.

I have heard there is eventually going to be a war between India and Pakistan or that the US would invade Pakistan for a few months now. The articles say that is what the international bankers want and how they profit. We will see if this comes true. I heard there were going to be some kind of event that would escalate tensions. I don't know if it was a lucky guess by the author that wrote it or not but seeing this terrorist attack where one of the men arrested is an indian counterinsurgency officer that apparently didn't do a good enough job sure was strange to manifest in reality, we will see what happens.

The writer(the article quoted) was cleverly mixing up things

Mumbai attackers were identified as pakistanis .

Mariner, it appears that chopra etal are the conspirators paid by pakistan sympathisers to deflect attention from it's jihadi factories.

It is now established beyond doubt That pakistan is a worldwide training centre for jihadis .

google news search http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&rlz=1B3GGGL_enIN296IN297&q=pakistan%20training%20camps%20jihad&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wn

google websearch- http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1B3GGGL_enIN296IN297&q=pakistan+training+camps+jihad&btnG=Search

Old article:

Pakistan haunted by jihadis in the closet - http://www.arabtimesonline.com/kuwaitnews/pagesdetails.asp?nid=25622&ccid=11

The writer(the article quoted) was cleverly mixing up things

Mumbai attackers were identified as pakistanis .

Mariner, it appears that chopra etal are the conspirators paid by pakistan sympathisers to deflect attention from it's jihadi factories.

It is now established beyond doubt That pakistan is a worldwide training centre for jihadis .

google news search http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&rlz=1B3GGGL_enIN296IN297&q=pakistan%20training%20camps%20jihad&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wn

google websearch- http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1B3GGGL_enIN296IN297&q=pakistan+training+camps+jihad&btnG=Search

Old article:

Pakistan haunted by jihadis in the closet - http://www.arabtimesonline.com/kuwaitnews/pagesdetails.asp?nid=25622&ccid=11

Pakistan's Intelligence Chief says on tv, he's innocent!

<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hwVoY4Ft5I&hl=de&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hwVoY4Ft5I&hl=de&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pakistan's Intelligence Chief says on tv, he's innocent!<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hwVoY4Ft5I&hl=de&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Of course pakistan is in denial mode for last 2 decades.

What do you expect? announce in public their support to jihadi factories.

You are really funny , suchandra.