IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sambya

isopanishad's first sloka indicates advaita philosophy

Rate this topic

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>Originally Posted by Deathless

What the hell? What does that even mean? So many of your posts make no sense whatsoever.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Bhaktajan's clarifying answer:

Deathless, Don't be a "atma-ha"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{"atma-ha"* is a sanskrit word in Sri Isopanishad which means . . . This term is what is fearsome about ADVAITA to Vaishnavas} or else you will be like Mr Addams & Family:

142224__addams_family_l.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Addams_Family

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Bhaktajan:

1] Vedanta is composed of metaphysical analysis that UNEQUIVICALLY CONCLUDES with the Mono-Theistic conclusion as supported by its Author Srila Vyasadeva [vedanta-sastra-avatara incarnate]["vyasa-asana's namesake"].

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2] Originally Posted by Kaisersose:

"If you can produce quotes from one of these texts to support your position, then you will be having a strong case. "

Bhaktajan:

A) Isopanisad is an imporatant Vaishnava text because, as one of the Upanisad, it is one that explicitly exponds upon the nature of a Singular Personality of Godhead --SO WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THIS TOPIC WITH YOU POSTS?

B) The starter of this thread similarly sought to reduce Godhead & the scriptural truths substantiating Godheads' attributes [albeit in the Upanishads, which, as a group, are famously considered to be "expositions on the impersonal aspect of Godhead"]

maybe there are rogue (or novice) Vaishnavas who would be enamoured with you thorough erudition of your favorite selection of books that are counted among the Voluminous Vedic-Literatures.

A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami's translations arrived just in time for me and others to 'pick-up our own copies'.

A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami's translations are the OED of Vedic Literatures meant for advanced study . . .

There is so much convoluted circular non-logic, done with such posh, that I think the poster is using algorithms and a data-base to acheive such a high level of misanthropic discourse --that it can not be spontaneous, but, fully contrived.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm the only one who has been 'Card Counting."

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

3] Originally Posted by Kaisersose:

ridiculous assertions about Advaita with no evidence, on this forum.

You do not want to be part of that group.

Bhaktajan repeats:

SO WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO THIS TOPIC WITH YOU POSTS?

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

4] Originally Posted by Kaisersose:

If I may, here is a suggestion.

Audarya Fellowship <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: navbar_link -->> User Control Panel <!-- END TEMPLATE: navbar_link -->> <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: navbar_link -->Buddy / Ignore Lists <!-- END TEMPLATE: navbar_link -->

Initially, my thoughts were this is a childish/immature thing to do. But now I see its merits. It feels wonderful to be able to filter out trashy posts.

Bhaktajan:

Raja-yoga precepts are for advanced-sincere souls.

Put on "Blinders" --I'll help with the "Yoke".

And then you can carry your burden with stablity with thanks due by you to me and my all mentors.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

5] Originally Posted by Deathless

What the hell? What does that even mean?

Bhaktajan:

Oh PS Babaji, I was suggesting that you disassociate your self from cult-personalities like "Grandpa Munster" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandpa_Munster

The starter of this thread similarly sought to reduce Godhead & the scriptural truths substantiating Godheads' attributes [albeit in the Upanishads, which, as a group, are famously considered to be "expositions on the impersonal aspect of Godhead"]

maybe there are rogue (or novice) Vaishnavas who would be enamoured with you thorough erudition of your favorite selection of books that are counted among the Voluminous Vedic-Literatures.

A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami's translations arrived just in time for me and others to 'pick-up our own copies'.

A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami's translations are the OED of Vedic Literatures meant for advanced study . . .

There is so much convoluted circular non-logic, done with such posh, that I think the poster is using algorithms and a data-base to acheive such a high level of misanthropic discourse --that it can not be spontaneous, but, fully contrived.

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I'm the only one who has been 'Card Counting."

Krishna himself teaches non-dualism to Uddhava in Srimad Bhagavatam. In the Srimad Bhagavat Purana we read Sri Krishna saying:

Gold remains gold both before and after ornaments are made of it. It only gets different names such as ring or necklace. Similarly, the Reality, the Cause of creation, is the same both before and after worldly objects receive their various names and forms.

Srimad Bhagavat (11.28.19)

There are many verses in Bhagavatam saying the God is "All" and that the supreme being is non-dual. Indeed it is true that god is non-dual Oneness but the tiny atoms called "jiva" are not God. They are just tiny atoms of light shining from the Supreme Light called Param-Brahma.

Brihadaranyaka Upanishad 2.1.20:

As a spider brings forth a web from within itself, so also it is with this world created by Brahman.

Svetasvatara Upanishad 6.10:

The Supreme Being surrounds Himself with the products of nature, just as when a spider builds a web and walks on threads spun from its own body. May that Supreme Being grant us liberation in Brahman!

Uddhava said to Krishna's father Nanda:

Anything which is seen or heard of, which has gone by or is existing now or is yet to happen, anything which is mobile or immobile, big or small, is not apart from Acyuta (Sri Krishna). He alone is everything. He is the supreme soul (paramatma). Bhag 10.46.43

Krishna himself teaches non-dualism to Uddhava in Srimad Bhagavatam.

ONE in a Threaded way.

The necklace is the perfect example.

There are many verses in Bhagavatam saying the God is "All" and that the supreme being is non-dual. Indeed it is true that god is non-dual Oneness but the tiny atoms called "jiva" are not God. They are just tiny atoms of light shining from the Supreme Light called Param-Brahma.

Krishna gave the description of the soul in the Gita..

Chapter 2, verse 24

acchedyo'yam adahyo'yam akledya'sosya eva ca

nityah sarva-gatah sthanur acalo'yam sanatanah

Translation

The soul is indestructible, the soul is incombustible, insoluble and unwitherable. The soul is eternal, all pervasive, unmodifiable, immovable and primordial.

Notice the word insoluble....

We are one when interconnected not merged the way you think, since the basic property of the soul, i.e. Insoluble will be not be taken into account.