IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sarva gattah

What does it mean Spiritually. Obama has won the U.S. election in a big landslide!!

Rate this topic

icon14.gif:)Obama has won the U.S. election in a big landslide.:deal:

Obama (D) - 195 votes McCain ® - 52 votes 270 electoral votes needed to win,

270 electoral votes needed to win.

Will a black President of the U.S. HELP break down cultural and religious barriers - maybe this is a good thing for America and the World in this sense?

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Only time will tell. Its all just speculation right now. Only once he is in office and we see what his real agenda is and how he enacts it will we even begin to know. I don't put much faith in politicians anymore, I have fallen for that before but I hope the Obama supporters are right about him. He voted for the Wall Street bailout so I think there is a good chance Obama people are getting duped by the same old song and dance but who knows for sure.

LATEST - Obama (D) - 259 votes McCain ® - 130 votes (Includes the projected win for Obama of CA

270 is needed to be President

Spiritually we are ALL (yes, you in ISKCON too) still are a barbaric, primative, selfish society.

Spiritually we are all pioneers yet so weighed down materially, God help us all!!!!!

LATEST - Obama (D) - 259 votes McCain ® - 130 votes (Includes the projected win for Obama of CA

270 is needed to be President

Spiritually we are ALL (yes, you in ISKCON too) still are a barbaric, primative, selfish society.

Spiritually we are all pioneers yet so weighed down materially, God help us all!!!!!

God help us all is right, the Kali-yuga is thick and the atmosphere is almost completely materialistic on all fronts even religous fronts. I am convinced only a major avatar could ever actually change anything but who knows for sure.

LATEST - Obama (D) - 335 votes wins in a landslide against McCain ® - 155 votes

barack-obama-for-president.jpg

The President of the U.S.A. Barack Hussein Obama II

Barack Hussein Obama II born August 4, 1961) is the junior United States Senator from Illinois and president elect of the United States.[1]

Obama is the first African-American to be nominated by a major American political party for president.

A graduate of Columbia University and Harvard Law School, where he became the first black person to serve as president of the Harvard Law Review, Obama worked as a community organizer and practiced as a civil rights attorney before serving three terms in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004.

He taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School from 1992 to 2004. Following an unsuccessful bid for a seat in the U.S. House of Representatives in 2000, he announced his campaign for the U.S. Senate in January 2003.

After a primary victory in March 2004, Obama delivered the keynote address at the Democratic National Convention in July 2004. He was elected to the Senate in November 2004 with 70 percent of the vote.

As a member of the Democratic minority in the 109th Congress, he helped create legislation to control conventional weapons and to promote greater public accountability in the use of federal funds. He also made official trips to Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.

During the 110th Congress, he helped create legislation regarding lobbying and electoral fraud, climate change, nuclear terrorism, and care for returned U.S. military personnel. Obama announced his presidential campaign in February 2007, and was formally nominated at the 2008 Democratic National Convention with Delaware senator Joe Biden as his running mate.

Why this discussion is going on in spiritual thread?????????????????Senior members like you i.e Sarva_gattah must post in proper forum rather than posting it here.

Yes, I agree and I thought very carefully before posting this here. Let me explain.

Historically this is very important because it shows how races and cultures can come together and see above the concept of race and colour

Now can this progress on to religion and Spirituality?

Unfortunately where I am, yes, we DO attract hundreds of people every week but the majority of society, who are Indian Hindus, still see 'KRSNA' as Indian and Hindu. Even the majority of Indian guests see KRSNA as their Hindu and Indian religion and hardly ever preach to the 'white Christian backgrond majorityy'.

It shouldn't be that way because Krsna is for everyone regardless of race or colour.

You should know that when Prabhupada came to America in 1965, the States were going through a Civil rights revolution. Coloured people all over America were standing up for their rights and Prabhupada, who was also coloured. benifited from this Cultural revolution.

Obama. a black man elected as President, can lead to so many barriers being broken down, INCLUDING SPIRITUAL BARRIERS that say Krsna and His many manifestations are 'ONLY HINDU OR INDIAN'

My point is Obama will be the President of the United States of America, yet his father comes fron Sudan - do you see my point?

His achievement can HOPEFULLY lead to even higher breaks downs of relgious, spirtual and cultural differences in this global village we now live in, so that it is easier to see the Vedas for all the world and not just Indians and Hindus!

You have to have a sense of History to appreciate this

It's NOT Obama I'm on about, but rather the implications of cultural barriers coming futher down

What does it mean Spiritually. Obama has won the U.S. election in a big landslide!!

Probably nothing! He is a politician, a meat eater and pro choice. don't expect big spiritual changes.

Your not understanding what is really going on that CAN give opportunity for a Spiritual awakening, NOT by Obama, but by the new cultural and religious openness going on arround him.

Martin Luther King also was all those things you mentioned but it's what he did that was important that indirectly helped Prabhupada. You have to see the bigger picture outside our pioneering immature fanaticism. If Prabhupada came to America in the 30s, 40s, and 50s, no-one would of taken him seriously.

Prabhupada came at the right time when America was going through big changes and they INDIRECTLY helped bring attention to his ISKCON Movement and further, even assisting to expand his ISKCON movement due to the new tolerance created by the Civil Rights Movement.

Everyone involved in the Civil rights movement new that Ghandhi inspired Martin Luther King in America and that he was Hindhu, this indirectly helped Prabhupada

Similarly, we are again experiences great changes. It's NOT the meat eating pro-obortionist Obama I'm on about, but rather the implications of cultural barriers coming futher down.

We (in my case and what I believe in, Prabhupada's ISKCON) could be at the beginning of a mid-sixties style economic and cultural revolution again that leads to more openness, acceptance and ultimately more devotees from ALL nationalities.

Again, it's NOT the meat eating pro-obortionist Obama I'm on about, nor his hero Martin Luther King, or his hero Mahatma Gandhi, but rather the implications of cultural barriers coming futher down.

S_G,

very few will agree to your point of view here or anywhere as far as this post remains in spiritual forum and yes bold letters never translate exact frequency just for your info,remain as simple as Lord Krishna and that may be the right path.

S_G,

very few will agree to your point of view here or anywhere as far as this post remains in spiritual forum and yes bold letters never translate exact frequency just for your info,remain as simple as Lord Krishna and that may be the right path.

Great post, good point, hindustani!

S_G,

Historically, everyone involved in the Civil rights movement the the U.S. new that Ghandhi inspired Martin Luther King in America and that he was Hindhu, this indirectly helped Prabhupada

Similarly, we are again experiences great changes. It's NOT the meat eating pro-obortionist Obama I'm on about, but rather the implications of cultural barriers coming futher down.

We (in my case and what I believe in, Prabhupada's ISKCON) could be at the beginning of a mid-sixties style economic and cultural revolution again that leads to more openness, acceptance and ultimately more devotees from ALL nationalities.

Again, it's NOT the meat eating pro-obortionist Obama I'm on about, nor his hero Martin Luther King, or his hero Mahatma Gandhi, but rather the implications of cultural barriers coming futher down.

Great post, good point, hindustani!

Prabhupada wanted us to be part of society to influence society, not ignore society and hide in our Temples, farms and homes

When we met two Prime Ministers, we gave them Bhagavad Gita and I realized to change society, you must somehow get to the leaders by trying

When Prabhupada left India in 1965, most of his Godbrothers thought his trip would fail because the meat eating, drinking, gambling sexually adicted Americans would never take to Vedic Spiritual Culture

The following comment reminds me of the pessimism experienced by Prabhupada when he went to America.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>Originally Posted by hindustani

very few will agree to your point of view here or anywhere as far as this post remains in spiritual forum.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Frankly, why not somehow influence Obama with Krsna Consciousness

Prabhupada wanted us to be part of society to influence society, not ignore society and hide in our Temples, farms and homes

To be Idiotic to post things like these in spiritual forums.

When we met two Prime Ministers, we gave them Bhagavad Gita and I realized to change society, you must somehow get to the leaders by trying

You cannot change anything but first of all, try and change yourself.

When Prabhupada left India in 1965, most of his Godbrothers thought his trip would fail because the meat eating, drinking, gambling sexually adicted Americans would never take to Vedic Spiritual Culture

The following comment reminds me of the pessimism experienced by Prabhupada when he went to America.

Wow. What a thought. I think you are defending your stance of posting this rot in this forum. Are you a Christian Convert or what? You certainly seem like one of those who has recently embraced KC.

Wow. What a thought. I think you are defending your stance of posting this rot in this forum. Are you a Christian Convert or what? You certainly seem like one of those who has recently embraced KC.

The dogs may bark (you) but the Spiritual Caravan continues on. Obviously your a typical 'Hindu' with a narrow mundane stupied mind who has no idea what it means to preach, you certainly have NO idea who His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada is - grow up fool!!

It's NOT Obama I'm on about, but rather the implications of cultural barriers coming futher down

Your not understanding what is really going on that CAN give opportunity for a Spiritual awakening, NOT by Obama, but by the new cultural and religious openness going on arround him.

Martin Luther King also was all those things you mentioned but it's what he did that was important that indirectly helped Prabhupada. You have to see the bigger picture outside our pioneering immature fanaticism. If Prabhupada came to America in the 30s, 40s, and 50s, no-one would of taken him seriously.

Prabhupada came at the right time when America was going through big changes and they INDIRECTLY helped bring attention to his ISKCON Movement and further, even assisting to expand his ISKCON movement due to the new tolerance created by the Civil Rights Movement.

Everyone involved in the Civil rights movement new that Ghandhi inspired Martin Luther King in America and that he was Hindhu, this indirectly helped Prabhupada

Historically this is very important because it shows how races and cultures can come together and see above the concept of race and colour

Now can this progress on to religion and Spirituality?

Unfortunately where I am, yes, we DO attract hundreds of people every week but the majority of society, who are Indian Hindus, still see 'KRSNA' as Indian and Hindu. Even the majority of Indian guests see KRSNA as their Hindu and Indian religion and hardly ever preach to the 'white Christian backgrond majorityy'.

It shouldn't be that way because Krsna is for everyone regardless of race or colour.

You should know that when Prabhupada came to America in 1965, the States were going through a Civil rights revolution. Coloured people all over America were standing up for their rights and Prabhupada, who was also coloured. benifited from this Cultural revolution.

Obama. a black man elected as President, can lead to so many barriers being broken down, INCLUDING SPIRITUAL BARRIERS that say Krsna and His many manifestations are 'ONLY HINDU OR INDIAN'

My point is Obama will be the President of the United States of America, yet his father comes fron Sudan - do you see my point?

His achievement can HOPEFULLY lead to even higher breaks downs of relgious, spirtual and cultural differences in this global village we now live in, so that it is easier to see the Vedas for all the world and not just Indians and Hindus!

Very good understanding, your ahead of your time Baba thats why they cannot see the significance of what goes on in Amerca, the melting pot of all cultures, thank God Krishna is not only Hindu.

Hare Krishna

Biggest mistake is done when you enter in a material world S_G,Krsna will like those things which he did when he took birth on this mother earth,he lived with shepherds,cows and general public,he ate butter and butter milk,no way he was gloryfied in his outlook,king Krishna appeared only in Dwarika,his best ever friend Sudama got everything from the Lord Krishna...why?Coz he was so simple and down to earth,S_G better you read and try to understand the character of great great Krishna first,bold letters and underlined lines may not able to help you - my friendly advise,take or throw it out.

Is this what your Guru taught you?Mind your language S_G and respect other forum members,arguements will always come,face it with spirit and spirituality,no way you should use terms which you have used below...

The dogs may bark (you) but the Spiritual Caravan continues on. Obviously your a typical 'Hindu' with a narrow mundane stupied mind who has no idea what it means to preach, you certainly have NO idea who His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada is - grow up fool!!

Truth may look harsh on your face. Accept it. I cannot ask you to grow up as you already feel that you are ready to preach without even practicing the basics. Your mentality can be grasped very easily that you are a recent induction into KC. I am the one who is not under any tags. Be Spiritual. Speak Spritual. Dont speak like a Missionary. Leave this Missionary Attitude. It will take you nowhere. You will get lost and your spiritual mission will be prematurely halted. Thats why I called you a recent induction. You dont seem to think with your own brains and see though your own eyes. Start using your brains now.

Biggest mistake is done when you enter in a material world S_G,Krsna will like those things which he did when he took birth on this mother earth,he lived with shepherds,cows and general public,he ate butter and butter milk,no way he was gloryfied in his outlook,king Krishna appeared only in Dwarika,his best ever friend Sudama got everything from the Lord Krishna...why?Coz he was so simple and down to earth,S_G better you read and try to understand the character of great great Krishna first,bold letters and underlined lines may not able to help you - my friendly advise,take or throw it out.

Yes and Radha and Krishna came as Lord Caitanya to save everyone, your missing the point of what Sarva is saying

Better we all go out and preach to others even if he isn't perfect. Have you given a book to a Prime Minister? Have you put a Radha Krishna garland around the Popes neck? Have you come up with an idea that saw one and a half million Hare Krishna magazines be inserted in every major Newspaper in Australia?

A disciple of Prabhupada is a preacher, its in their blood, Why? Because that's how the spiritual master taught them. Even Prabhupada wrote letters to the U.S. President because he wanted to help by trying.

Is this what your Guru taught you?Mind your language S_G and respect other forum members,arguements will always come,face it with spirit and spirituality,no way you should use terms which you have used below...

Wrong!! Open your narrow minded eyes!!

Quote:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 3ex; BORDER-TOP: #666666 1px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 3ex; BORDER-LEFT: #666666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666666 1px solid" bgColor=#e0e0e0>Originally Posted by srikanthdk71

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

I'll tell you again so it sinks in, the dogs may bark (both of you) but the Spiritual Caravan all over the world continues on.

Obviously both of you are typical 'Hindus' with narrow mundane less intelligent minds who have no idea what it means to preach and understand the essence of the Vedas. Do both of you foolishly worship the demi-gods like most materially minded 'Hindus' do? Better to worship Krsna directly in the form of Lord Caitanya in this age through His bonafide represenative, even if your a Shivite

You certainly have NO idea who His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada is - grow up fools!! The world is going through big changes that small puffed-up intellects like yours cannot comprehend!! :pray::deal:

So Chant Hare Krsna, read Srimad Bhagavatam and Bhagavad Gita as it is and learn what your own tradition is really about and tell as many prople as you can and that neans, NOT just Indian Hindus!!

Now I can't be more honest that that