IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
k_ank

Mantra: Sri Durga Saptashati

Rate this topic

I have been chanting one mantra from "Sri Durga Saptashati" for quite some time. The mantra as mention in "Sri Durga Saptashati" is

"Patnim Manoramam Dehi Manovritanusarineem, Tareneem Durgasamsar Sagarasye Kulodbhavam"

but in some of the sites "Om" is prefixed to the mantra

"Om Patnim Manoramam Dehi Manovritanusarineem, Tareneem Durgasamsar Sagarasye Kulodbhavam"

Has "Om" been added because this mantra is being practiced independently (and not with the complete Sri Durga Saptashati text)? Is it necessary to add Om as a prefix? Had I been practicing it incorrectly? Please guide me on this.

I have been chanting one mantra from "Sri Durga Saptashati" for quite some time. The mantra as mention in "Sri Durga Saptashati" is

"Patnim Manoramam Dehi Manovritanusarineem, Tareneem Durgasamsar Sagarasye Kulodbhavam"

but in some of the sites "Om" is prefixed to the mantra

"Om Patnim Manoramam Dehi Manovritanusarineem, Tareneem Durgasamsar Sagarasye Kulodbhavam"

Has "Om" been added because this mantra is being practiced independently (and not with the complete Sri Durga Saptashati text)? Is it necessary to add Om as a prefix? Had I been practicing it incorrectly? Please guide me on this.

There is no need for prefixing with OM

This is not a Mantra at all. It is one of the concluding verses of the Argala Stotra. If you want the benefit please recite the entire Argala Stotra.

The 700 verses of Devi Mahatmyam are considered mantras. It dees not include Kavacha, Keelaka, Argala Stotra.

guruji nameste I found in durga shaptasathi that if i draw any yantra,like vashikaran yantra 125000 times than it will full fill my wish is it true,or i have to chant any mantra with it ,actually my husband wants to leave me but i do not want to do so,he has left me since 6 month , drawing vashikaran yantra 125000 times ,will work and my husband will cometo me please ans my question i am in great need no body is helping me .