IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
sahana

Marriages of GODS

Rate this topic

Krishna is the Supreme Being=Brahman/Conciousness

Krishna created You/Her and Me - From where did he create? The answer is simple. It cannot be from anything outside him or else he is subject to finity. So he has to create You and Me from Himself. Now, tell me, who is you, me and Krishna? Arent we the same?

Thank you Shrikanthji, I think this is exactly what barney is trying to convey in this wonderful post:

"The lord is not a matter for belief. He is a matter for understanding. This world is not a matter for belief because you perceive it. Therefore Lord is also not something to be believed, it is a challenge to understand him. If the Lord is in heaven, not within the range of your perception or inference, then He becomes a matter of belief. In that case you simply accept what you are told without asking questions. But the Lord of the Hindus is not a matter for belief. Hindus do not simply believe in God, they understand God. That is the reason why Hindus even worship space. There are temples in India that worship the five elements. You don’t require a particular altar to invoke the Lord. You can invoke Him anywhere because what is it that is not the Lord? The whole Order is the Lord, all the laws are the Lord.

We are objective when we are alive to the reality. We are talking about what is and so there is no question of belief. We can see that gold is different from copper and that is different from lead because each metal has its own atomic weight, its own physical and other properties. But a physicist knows that all of them are nothing but energy, quanta of energy. That is not a belief. If someone says, ‘I don’t see that’, then that person may have to believe, but that is not a belief that one has to live with and die with. What we have here is belief pending discovery. There is something to be understood. We understand the difference and at the same time, understand the non-difference, something more than meets the eye. That is the vision of the Veda that this whole universe is non-separate from the Lord because He is the efficient cause as well as the material cause.

Since the Lord is everything, he is all the names, all the forms and therefore we can invoke Him in any name, any form. This is the mature way of looking at the worship of God. We can pray to Him in any language because He is Omniscient and therefore should know all languages. In fact He should respond even before we call Him. This is not tolerance or anything, this is only understanding. They say that Hindus are tolerant of various forms of worship. We are tolerant no doubt, but in this particular case, we are not just tolerant. We have total acceptance as far as worship is concerned, prayer is concerned. That is why very often we find many devatas, deities in a typical room of worship. Every aspect of the Lord is represented there. We look upon the Sun as God, so we have Surya devataa. We look upon air as God, so we have Vayudevataa; we look upon earth as God: so we have Prthividevataa and so on. We worship the efficient cause, the intelligent cause and the material becomes the symbol for that. We worship the omniscient, omnipotent Lord through the symbol of the material. The sun, the moon, air etc become the symbol through which we worship the Lord. We have a variety of devatas (deities) through which we worship one God. The Only God

We don’t even say, ‘one God’. We say ‘only God’. When you say there is one God, that means you are different from Him and He is situated somewhere else. If God is different from you, He does not include you, which means His power does not include your power. If He is different from you, then He is different from me and different from all the living beings. That means God’s power does not include the power that you have, I have, that other gods and demi-gods have, that the mosquitoes and the bugs have. Then He can only be mighty but not Almighty. He is like my uncle who is also a very powerful man. But even a mighty person is subject to limitations. Even the president of the U.S.A, a mighty person, is subject to mosquito bites and attacks from viruses! Similarly, the mighty God will also be subject to such limitations.

So, understand, it is not that there is one God. There is only God and so if someone invokes Him as Allah, that is fine; if someone invokes Him as Jesus, that is also fine. We have no problem at all. If someone cannot accept the fact of people invoking God in different names and forms, it is his/her problem. We have no problem because we do not have many gods, we do not even have one God, we have only God."

http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/hinduism/23117-god-has-understood-not-believed.html

I never liked this idea of God being one, it's so autocratic, worship only Me or you'll be punished in hell. If I don't worship only Krishna, or consider him a supreme being, i'm not entitled for Moksha, nonsense. Why shouldn't anyone have the liberty of worshipping an 'Ishta' ?

So sad people like barney are not visiting this forum anymore, mebbe these iskconites must have chased him away. :(

BG 7:23

Now would a down-to-earth person say only by worshipping Me a devotee can reach My supreme planet & not by worshipping demigods ? isn't this egoistic ?

What happens to people who don't believe in Krishna ? Is it Krishna doesn't love the non-beleivers (kafirs) ?

There are no kafirs in hindusim that is an islamic term.

Krishna doesnt hate the nonbeleivers or threaten to punish them.

Obviously u havent read the Bhagavadgita.

What happens to nonbeleivers(in krishna)? here it is in Bhagavadgita:

BG 7.21: I am in everyone's heart as the Supersoul. As soon as one desires to worship some demigod, I make his faith steady so that he can devote himself to that particular deity.

BG 7.22: Endowed with such a faith, he endeavors to worship a particular demigod and obtains his desires. But in actuality these benefits are bestowed by Me alone.

Krishna is saying (above) that he benefits people who worship demigods.

But who aspairs to reach godhead will worship him alone.

BG 5.29: A person in full consciousness of Me, knowing Me to be the ultimate beneficiary of all sacrifices and austerities, the Supreme Lord of all planets and demigods, and the benefactor and well-wisher of all living entities, attains peace from the pangs of material miseries.

See, no jealousy, no vengeance .No threats of torture in hell.

Whenever and whereever Krishna says me, he refers to the me of you, I and all of us. Read the whole Bhagavad Gita again with this sense. You will find the inner meaning.

It will hide the most important meaning that approach.

I'll give my point of view without any quotes and book references later on.

Office is closing, I need to go home.

hi everybody thank u for all these ...........but.................would some one really discuss on my original question - " have gods or demigods like indra etc., married their own sister?"...if some one has read all the puranas thoroughly can u answer this question with proof or example..please???????????/?:(

hi everybody thank u for all these ...........but.................would some one really discuss on my original question - " have gods or demigods like indra etc., married their own sister?"...if some one has read all the puranas thoroughly can u answer this question with proof or example..please???????????/?:(

Dear Sahana, read the initial posts once again and you will get the answer. Please................................

hi please read my question again , I want some who has read all the puranas / vedas to answer my question - if yes / no - with a proof - if no I need explanation why not - if Narayana and hari - 2 males can give birth to ayyapan - y cant bro ans sis marry ????????????????

hi please read my question again , I want some who has read all the puranas / vedas to answer my question - if yes / no - with a proof - if no I need explanation why not - if Narayana and hari - 2 males can give birth to ayyapan - y cant bro ans sis marry ????????????????

No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Not possible.Well, most of them here have read them. You are just coming to the point offlate. No puranas or Vedas encourage such incest relationship. Now coming to your point, two males never gave birth to Ayyappa. Vishnu was in the form of Mohini. A female. No gay/lesbian relationship either is allowed in Puranas/Vedas.

The explanation for 'Why not?' is just simple. It needs to enjoy the support of a) Nature b) The surrounding environment c) The laws of the society.

Eventhough you negate point b & c, you can never negate the first point. Scientifically the gene mutation and blood samples deny a happy relationship which may result in a 1) Mentally weak child 2) Physically challanged child 3) Biological changes in the Womans body.

These incest relationships cannot be a part of any religion as per my knowledge coz such relationship spoil the fabric of any religion which boasts to uplift the society spiritually.

If you think that this is narrow-minded thinking, 'Yes' it is. Any religion has a boundry. To engage in such acts just mean that you become an athiest and not affiliate to any religion rather on digging the files of puranas/vedas to find any such incident and then boast that we havent crossed the religious barriers.

If you are still not convinced, read all Dharma Shastras, Vedas, Puranas, Shrutis and Smritis for yourself. If you find one, I will become your disciple.

No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Not possible.Well, most of them here have read them. You are just coming to the point offlate. No puranas or Vedas encourage such incest relationship. Now coming to your point, two males never gave birth to Ayyappa. Vishnu was in the form of Mohini. A female. No gay/lesbian relationship either is allowed in Puranas/Vedas.

The explanation for 'Why not?' is just simple. It needs to enjoy the support of a) Nature b) The surrounding environment c) The laws of the society.

Eventhough you negate point b & c, you can never negate the first point. Scientifically the gene mutation and blood samples deny a happy relationship which may result in a 1) Mentally weak child 2) Physically challanged child 3) Biological changes in the Womans body.

These incest relationships cannot be a part of any religion as per my knowledge coz such relationship spoil the fabric of any religion which boasts to uplift the society spiritually.

If you think that this is narrow-minded thinking, 'Yes' it is. Any religion has a boundry. To engage in such acts just mean that you become an athiest and not affiliate to any religion rather on digging the files of puranas/vedas to find any such incident and then boast that we havent crossed the religious barriers.

If you are still not convinced, read all Dharma Shastras, Vedas, Puranas, Shrutis and Smritis for yourself. If you find one, I will become your disciple.

Perfect.

Hi My friend says it is common among gods to marry sister ..that is brother sister marriage is seen among gods - is this true ?

Can some one share your knowledge in this ? Is there any example in hinduism or in Hindu gods where a brother has married his sister? Is it possible ?

Please explain if it is true ... if this question is wrong please ignore

The only gods I can think of that married as siblings were the first humans, Yama and Yami, who were the children of Surya (correct me if I'm wrong on that as I'm not positive that this is the case).

Other than that, I can't think of any.

Shiva has no family and his wife is Parvati, the daughter of Himalaya.

Vishnu has no family and his wife is Lakshmi who was born from the ocean of milk. In all of their successive incarnations, they were never brother and sister either. Rama was son of Dasarath, Sita was daughter of Janaka; Krishna was son of Vasudeva, Rukmini was daughter of Bishmaka.

Brahma was born from Vishnu's navel and his wife is Gayatri and she is the daughter of a sage.

Bhaktajan seeks to show that “Devi’s” existence required finding an appropriate Husband lest adi-purusha would be re-miss; fortunately the standard has been established by MahaVishnu for all mankind to emulate [ie: Svayambhuva Manu's daughter Devahuti --after thoroughly searching--found Kardama-muni which made way for Kapila etc etc etc]:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

How to find a good Husband for a Devi?

or

(Maybe Devi is the root of God’s Existance?)

[ PREFACE: . . . Neither the merit one receives by taking a bath in the sacred place of pilgrimage known as Sankhoddhara, where the Lord killed the Sankhasura demon, nor the merit one receives upon seeing Lord Gadadhara directly is equal to one sixteenth of the merit one obtains by fasting on Ekadasi.

It is said that by giving charity on a Monday when the moon is full, one obtains a hundred thousand times the results of ordinary charity.

O winner of wealth, one who gives charity on the day of the sankranti (equinox) attains four hundred thousand times the ordinary result.

Yet simply by fasting on Ekadasi one obtains all these pious results, as well as whatever pious results one gets at Kurukshetra during an eclipse of the sun or moon.

Furthermore, the faithful soul who observes complete fasting on Ekadasi achieves a hundred times more merit than one who performs an Asvamedha-yajna (horse sacrifice).

One who observes Ekadasi just once earns ten times more merit than a person who gives a thousand cows in charity to a brahmana learned in the Vedas.

A person who feeds just one brahmacari earns ten times more merit than one who feeds ten good brahmanas in his own house.

But a thousand times more merit than is earned by feeding a brahmacari is achieved by donating land to the needy and respectable brahmana, and a thousand time more than that is earned by giving away a virgin girl in marriage to a young, well-educated, responsible man.

Ten times more beneficial than this is educating children properly on the spiritual path, without expecting any reward in return.

Ten times better than this, however, is giving food grains to the hungry. Indeed, giving charity to those in need is the best of all, and there never has been or ever will be a better charity than this.

O son of Kunti, all the forefathers and demigods in heaven become very satisfied when one gives food grains in charity.

But the merit one obtains by observing a complete fast on Ekadasi cannot be measured. O Arjuna, best of all Kurus, the powerful effect of this merit is inconceivable even to the demigods, and half this merit is attained by one who eats only supper on Ekadasi.

One should therefore observe fasting on Lord Hari's day either by eating only once at midday, abstaining from grains and beans; or by fasting completely.

The processes of staying in places of pilgrimage, giving charity, and performing fire sacrifices may boast only as long as Ekadasi has not arrived. Therefore anyone afraid of the miseries of material existence should observe Ekadasi. . . . excerpted from the Bhavisya-uttara Purana. ]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Why Ekadasi is the most purifying of all days

Excerpted from the Bhavisya-uttara Purana:

Lord Sri Krishna:

“I will tell you why Ekadasi is the most purifying of all days.

In the Satya-Yuga there once lived an amazingly fearsome demon called Mura.

Always very angry, he terrified all the demigods, defeating even Indra, the king of heaven; Vivasvan, the sun-god; the eight Vasus; Lord Brahma; Vayu. the wind-god; and Agni, the fire-god. With his terrible power he brought them all under his control.

"'Lord Indra then approached Lord Shiva and said, "We have all fallen from our planets and are now wandering helplessly on the earth. O lord, how can we find relief from this affliction? What will be the fate of us demigods?'

"'Lord Shiva replied, "O best of the demigods, go to that place where Lord Vishnu, the rider of Garuda, resides. He is Jagannatha, the master of all the universes and their shelter as well. He is devoted to protecting all souls surrendered to Him.'"

"Lord Krishna continued, 'O Arjuna, winner of wealth, after Lord Indra heard these words of Lord Shiva's, he proceeded with all the demigods to the place where Lord Jagannatha, the Lord of the universe, the protector of all souls, was resting.

Seeing the Lord sleeping upon the water, the demigods joined their palms and, led by Indra, recite the following prayers:

"'"O Supreme Personality of Godhead, all obeisances to You. O Lord of lords, O You who are praised by the foremost demigods, O enemy of all demons, O lotus-eyed Lord, O Madhusudana (killer of the Madhu demon), please protect us. Afraid of the demon Mura, we demigods have come to take shelter of You. O Jagannatha, You are the doer of everything and the creator of everything. You are the mother and the father of all universes. You are the creator, the maintainer, and the destroyer of all. You are the supreme helper of all the demigods, and You alone can bring peace to them. You alone are the earth, the sky, and the universal benefactor.

"'"You are Shiva, Brahma, and also Vishnu, the maintainer of the three worlds. You are the gods of the sun, moon, and fire. You are the clarified butter, the oblation, the sacred fire, the mantras, the rituals, the priests, and the silent chanting of japa. You are the sacrifice itself, its sponsor, and the enjoyer of its results, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Nothing within these three worlds, whether moveable or immovable, can exist independent of You.

O Supreme Lord, Lord of lords, You are the protector of those who take shelter of You. O supreme mystic, O shelter of the fearful, please rescue and protect us. We demigods have been defeated by the demons and have thus fallen from the heavenly realm. Deprived of our positions, O Lord of the universe, we are now wandering about this earthly planet."'

"Lord Krsna continued, 'Having heard Indra and the other demigods speak these words, Sri Vishnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, replied, "What demon possesses such great powers of delusion that he has been able to defeat all the demigods? What is his name, and where does he live? Where does he get his strength and shelter? Tell Me everything, O Indra, and do not fear."

"'Lord Indra replied, "O Supreme Godhead, O Lord of lords, O You who vanquish the fear in Your pure devotees' hearts, O You who are so kind to your faithful servants, there was once a powerful demon of the Brahma dynasty whose name was Nadijangha. he was extraordinarily fearsome and wholly dedicated to destroying the demigods, and he begot an infamous son named Mura.

"'"Mura's great capital city is Chandravati. From that base the terribly evil and powerful Mura demon has conquered the whole world and brought all the demigods under his control, driving them out of their heavenly kingdom. He has assumed the roles of Indra, the king of heaven; Agni, the fire-god; Yama, the lord of death; Vayu, the wind-god; Isha, or Lord Shiva; Soma, the moon-god; Nairrti, the lord of the directions; and Pasi, or Varuna, the water-god. He has also begun emanating light in the role of the sun-god and has turned himself into the clouds as well. It is impossible for the demigods to defeat him. O Lord Vishnu, please kill tis demon and make the demigods victorious."

"'Hearing these words from Indra, Lord Janardana became very angry and said, "O powerful demigods, all together you may now advance on Mura's capital city of <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Chandravati</st1:place></st1:City>." Encouraged thus, the assembled demigods proceeded to Chandravati with Lord Hari leading the way.

"'When Mura saw the demigods, that foremost of demons started roaring very loudly in the company of countless thousands of other demons, who were all holding brilliantly shining weapons. The mighty-armed demons struck the demigods, who began abandoning the battlefield and fleeing in the ten directions.

Seeing the Supreme Lord Hrsikesha, the master of the senses, present on the battlefield, the furious demons rushed toward Him with various weapons in their hands. As they charged the Lord, who holds a sword, disk, and club, He immediately pierced all their limbs with His sharp, poisonous arrows. thus many hundred of demons died by the Lord's hand.

"'At last the chief demon, Mura, began fighting with the Lord. Mura used his mystic power to render useless whatever weapons the Supreme Lord Hrsikesa unleashed. Indeed, to the demon the weapons felt just like flowers striking him. When the Lord could not defeat the demon even with various kinds of weapons - whether those that are thrown or those that are held - He began fighting with His bare hands, which were as strong as iron-studded clubs.

The Lord wrestled with Mura for one thousand celestial years and then, apparently fatigued, left for Badarikashrama. There Lord Yogeshvara, the greatest of all yogis, the Lord of the universe, entered a very beautiful cave named Himavati to rest.

O Dhananjaya, winner of wealth, that cave was ninety-six miles in diameter and had only one entrance. I went there out of fear, and also to sleep. There is no doubt about this, O son of Pandu, for the great fight made me very tired. the demon followed Me into that cave and, seeing Me asleep, started thinking within his heart, "Today I will kill this slayer of all demons, Hari."

"'While the wicked-minded Mura was making plans in this way, from My body there manifested a young girl who had a very bright complexion. O son of Pandu, Mura saw that she was equipped with various brilliant weapons and was ready to fight.

Challenged by that female to do battle, Mura prepared himself and then fought with her, but he became very astonished when he saw that she fought him without cessation. The king of the demons then said, "Who has created this angry, fearsome girl who is fighting me so powerfully, just like a thunderbolt falling upon me?' After saying this, the demon continued to fight with the girl.

"'Suddenly that effulgent goddess shattered all of Mura's weapons and in a moment deprived him of his chariot. He ran toward her to attacker with his bare hands, but when she saw him coming she angrily cut off his head.

Thus the demon at once fell to the ground and went to the abode of Yamaraja. The rest of the Lord's enemies, out of fear and helplessness, entered the subterranean Patala region.

"'Then the Supreme Lord woke up and saw the dead demo before Him, as well as the maiden bowing down to him with joined palms. His face expressing His astonishment, the Lord of the universe said, "Who has killed this vicious demon? He easily defeated all the demigods, Gandharvas, and even Indra himself, along with Indra's companions, the Maruts, and he also defeated the Nagas (snakes), the rulers of the lower planets.

He even defeated Me, making Me hide in this cave out of fear. Who is it that has so mercifully protected Me after I ran from the battlefield and went to sleep in this cave?"

"'The maiden said, "It is I who have killed this demon after appearing from Your transcendental body. Indeed, O Lord Hari, when he saw You sleeping he wanted to kill You. Understanding the intention of this thorn in the side of the three worlds, I killed the evil rascal and this freed all the demigods from fear.

I am Your great maha-sakti, Your internal potency, who strikes fear into the hearts of all Your enemies. I have killed this universally terrifying demon to protect the three worlds. Please tell me why You are surprised to see that this demon has been killed, O Lord."

"'The Supreme Personality of Godhead said, "O sinless one, I am very satisfied to see that it is you who have killed this king of the demons. In this way you have made the demigods happy, prosperous, and full of bliss.

Because you have given pleasure to all the demigods in the three worlds, I am very pleased with you. Ask any boon you may desire, O auspicious one. I will give it to you without a doubt, though it be very rare among the demigods."

""The maiden said, "O Lord, if You are pleased with me and wish to give me a boon, then give me the power to deliver from the greatest sins that person who fasts of this day.

I wish that half the pious credit obtained by one who fasts will accrue to one who eats only in the evening (abstaining from grains and beans), and that half of this pious credit will be earned by one who eats only at midday.

Also, may one who strictly observes a complete fast on my appearance day, with controlled senses, go to the abode of Lord Vishnu for one billion kalpas after he has enjoyed all kinds of pleasures in this world.

This is the boon I desire to attain by Your mercy, my Lord, O Lord Janardana, whether a person observes complete fasting, eats only in the evening, or eats only at midday, please grant him a religious attitude, wealth, and at last liberation."

"'The Supreme Personality of Godhead said, "O most auspicious lady, what you have requested is granted. All My devotees in this world will surely fast on your day, and thus they will become famous throughout the three worlds and finally come and stay with me in My abode. Because you, My transcendental potency, have appeared on the eleventh day of the waning moon, let your name by Ekadasi. If a person fasts on Ekadasi, I will burn up all his sins and bestow upon him My transcendental abode.

"'"These are the days of the waxing and waning moon that are most dear to Me: Tritiya (the third day), Ashthami (the eighth day), Navami (the ninth day), Chaturdasi (the fourteenth day), and especially Ekadasi (the eleventh day).

"'"The merit one attains by fasting on Ekadasi is greater than that achieved by observing any other kind of fast or by going to a place of pilgrimage, and even greater than that achieved by giving charity to brahmanas. I tell you most emphatically that this is true."

"'Having thus given the maiden His benediction, the Supreme Lord suddenly disappeared. From that time onward the Ekadasi day became most meritorious and famous all over the universe. O Arjuna, if a person strictly observes Ekadasi, I kill all his enemies and grant him the highest destination. Indeed, if a person observes this great Ekadasi fast in any of the prescribed way, I remove all obstacles to his spiritual progress and grant him the perfection of life.

"'Thus, O son of Prtha, I have described to you the origin of Ekadasi. This one day removes all sins eternally. Indeed, it is the most meritorious day for destroying all kinds of sins, and it has appeared in order to benefit everyone in the universe by bestowing all varieties of perfection.

This was excerpted from Utpanna Ekadasi [from the Bhavisya-uttara Purana] as found in the celebrated book, "Ekadasi: The Day of Lord Hari" 1986. pages 13 - 22. HH Krishna Balaram Swami. Bhaktivedanta Institute Press.

I) Pushan is the lover of his sister [Rg Ved VI.55.4][Apte 11]

II)Agni is the lover of his own sister [Rg Ved X.3.3][Apte 11]

III) Ashvins are referred to as the sons of Savitar and Ushas who are brother and sister [Apte 11].

IV) The Ashvisns married Surya and Savitri who is their sister [RV I.116.19].

V) Agni is the son of his father and his sister [Rg Ved.I.91.7]

VI) Yama wards off his sister Yami, saying marriage between brother and sister is forbidden [R.V.X.10][Apte 11]

these are some of the places where the 'incest relationship' might have been suggested as according to the original post.i shall attempt to proove them wrong. i would like to say this to all people here that i dont remember the original text as i read rig veda quite a long time ago.i got these texts from a different source.

here one important thing has to be noted . i provided such texts not to question for incest or preach anti hinduism . i did that just for ordinary knowledge.

hinduism never supported incest. we all know that hinduism is the result of numerous evolutions and various amalgamations over centuries. so in many places one find contradictory texts.this was more prominent with the absence of any central authority like papacy in case of catholics.

for example initially uma was shown as sister of rudra or shiva but strangely in later texts she got recognised as wife of shiva.lack of central authority or public religious conventions( like the buddhist conventions held by harshvardhan) meant that those contradictions never got rectified. these contradictory remarks are misinterpreted by people as incest relationship.

for sake of argument i might accept that rig veda does indicate to incest.even then it should be noted that in the last example between yama and his sister yami incest relationship is specifically stated as forbidden.

surely there can be no contradictions in one single book for it would have been always under scrutiny of one single person (the composer himself or the later persons who copied them).therefore it is prooved beyond doubt that incest was never a pratice in aryan society.the so called incidents of 'incest' are in reality misinterpretations of contradictory hindu myths.

It was Mohini Murti, an incarnation of Vishnu as a woman, and Lord Shiva that gave birth to Ayappa. So, technically, it wasn't two men.

And, no one said a brother and sister can't marry. You asked if there are any gods that married who were also brother and sister. I can't think of any other than Yama and Yami, who were the children of the sun god, Surya (the son of Aditi and Kashyapa, who married Saranya, the daughter of Tvastar).

Vishnu has no parents. He married Lakshmi, daughter of the ocean of milk.

Shiva has no parents. He married Parvati, daughter of Himalaya.

Brahma came from Vishnu's navel. He married Gayatri, a sage's daughter.

Ganesha is the son of Uma-Mahadeva, and he married Buddhi and Siddhi, who were the daugthers of Prajapati

Kumara, another son of Uma-Mahadeva, never married.

What more do you want?

Sambya copied and pasted the material from muslim sites without going in to the original texts and he claims to be a 23 year old brahmin(:mad2:)

Answering one by one let me start with

Agni is the son of his father and his sister [Rg Ved.I.91.7]

Sambya who claimed to be a brahmin(i dont have any idea if some muslims call themselves as brahmins) didnt even check it.

The actual hymn is (http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/rigveda/rv01091.htm)

7) To him who keeps the law, both old and young, thou givest happiness,

And energy that he may live.

There is no mention of any birth here, leave alone agni or surya

next Rg Ved X.3.3][Apte 11](http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/rigveda/rv10003.htm)

3 Attendant on the Blessed Dame the Blessed hath come: the Lover followeth his Sister.Agni, far-spreading with conspicuous lustre, hath compassed Night with whitelyshining garments.

Agni compassed night...There is no clarity in this verse if NIGHT referred to as sister.

And about pushan and aswins.([Rg Ved VI.55.4][Apte 11],RV I.116.19

Asvins, sons of Pusan are pre-dawn and Usas his sister is dawn;

There is no god or shakti representing dawn(before arrival of sun) or predawn,

it is one of those elusive references in vedas

Referring to his another one IV) The Ashvisns married Surya and Savitri who is their sister [RV I.116.19].

The actual hymn is (http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/rigveda/rv01116.htm)

19 Ye, bringing wealth with rule, and life with offspring, life rich in noble heroes; O Nāsatyas,Accordant came with strength to Jahnu's children who offered you thrice every day your portion.

It refers to nasatyas the aswins (the heralders of the dawn)

The so called marriages are referring to Heralders of dawn to predawn and dawn.

They are no marriages because there doesnt exist any devas called usas(Dawn and predawn).These hymns are one of those undecipherable things in rigveda

hey chandu !! just relax . whats wrong with you? just because i disagreed with you in some other thread doesnt make you my enemy , right ? why are you attacking me personally ?? thats not logical . and moreover there's nothing bad written about hinduism here . infact all the quotes were used to proove that incest never existed in hindu fold.

i cant specify the site now as i dont remember which site i went yesterday.but as far as i can recall it might have been a muslim site. i guess no hindu site would have catogarically presented these 'drawbacks' (although they are not so on further analyzations) in their site .thats why i say it might have been a muslim site.as my own rig veda is not with me currently(its at a friends place) i cannot directly quote till i get it back sorry for that.

but what of that ?? even if it was a muslim site isnt it good that i prooved their listings wrong using thier qoutations itself? isnt this a victory for hindus?

i just provided those qoutes because sahana was asking for references.but here i must mention that im not someone who have finished studying all four vedas and 18 puranas.im not degrading hinduism.and strangely enough you have recently developed a deep rooted belief that im a muslim just because i fought for taj mahal in other post.

now , why would a muslim take so much interest in hinduiism?and in case he does that means he is converted to this faith.and if he is a orthodox muslim why would he glorify hinduism at all?

as im not in this forum to search for a date or form a matrimonial alliance i have no reson to lower or increase my age.once again dont misunderstand me chandu.and dont get angry.

pranaam.

Chandu-

How do you know he pasted his information from Muslim sites? Do you have proof - such as the site link - or are you just spouting off without evidence?

Yeah just google the hymns he(sambya) posted.

U will get exact syntax from muslim sites and muslim bloggers.I would not like to post the links here.Pm me if u have doubts.

hey chandu !! just relax . whats wrong with you? . infact all the quotes were used to proove that incest never existed in hindu fold.

Where did u prove??. U simply copy pasted the exact syntax from muslim hate sites and bloggers.Those people were pouring hate on hinduism saying that the said hymns meant incest.

It took me just 2 hours to get those hymns in original and refute the nonsense.

i cant specify the site now as i dont remember which site i went yesterday.

That is funny is it not.If you are a hindu u would have double checked those hymns before posting them.

but as far as i can recall it might have been a muslim site.

More funny.

i just provided those qoutes because sahana was asking for references.but here i must mention that im not someone who have finished studying all four vedas and 18 puranas.im not degrading hinduism

Ofcourse your vedic knowledge is derived from muslim hate sites.

If your intention was not degrading hinduism, you would have studied and double checked the hymns before posting them.

hello chandu !!!

i cant uderstand what offended you....

that i qouted from vedas ?

beacuse i dared to post here?

that i opposed you in you other thread?

that i said that muslims are constructors of tsj mahal?

i would be really obliged if you directly mention the grudge you have for me.

Where did u prove??. U simply copy pasted the exact syntax from muslim hate sites and bloggers.Those people were pouring hate on hinduism saying that the said hymns meant incest.

ishall answer by qouting the lines where i 'prooved' it..............

for sake of argument i might accept that rig veda does indicate to incest.even then it should be noted that in the last example between yama and his sister yami incest relationship is specifically stated as forbidden.

surely there can be no contradictions in one single book for it would have been always under scrutiny of one single person (the composer himself or the later persons who copied them).therefore it is prooved beyond doubt that incest was never a pratice in aryan society.the so called incidents of 'incest' are in reality misinterpretations of contradictory hindu myths.

hello chandu !!!

i cant uderstand what offended you....

No, U didnt offend me a bit on a personal level.In fact you didnt offend me at all on a personal basis.

that i qouted from vedas ?

beacuse i dared to post here?

Yes, U dared to post verbatim from hindu hate sites.

that i opposed you in you other thread?

Not at all.

that i said that muslims are constructors of tsj mahal?

You are entitled to your opinions but your objections to Sri P.N. Oak without going in to details was telling me something.

i would be really obliged if you directly mention the grudge you have for me.

I dont have any personal grudge against you.As i said above you have

not offended me a bit on a personal basis.

ishall answer by qouting the lines where i 'prooved' it..............

that is very funny.If u wanted to prove those people wrong u would have made ur response ready before posting those verses.

for sake of argument i might accept that rig veda does indicate to incest.

That was your intention is very clear.But i proved above there is no incest involved in those hymns you copy pasted.

surely there can be no contradictions in one single book for it would have been always under scrutiny of one single person (the composer himself or the later persons who copied them).

What BOOk u are referring to????

No, U didnt offend me a bit on a personal level.In fact you didnt offend me at all on a personal basis.

oh !! but i thought that it was a very personal bias,otherwise why would you drag in speculations relating to my religion and age from a different thread ?

or maybe i totally failed to see through your well intentioned 'friendly' message.

What BOOk u are referring to????

i meant the rig veda. rig veda is revelation or not composed by one particular author , you may say. i know that . it was the age old set of slokas of wisdom that was passed down trough generation through ages orally(shruti) untill it was finally codified in form of witting.this first composition of rig vedic hymms might have been done by an individual rishi or a group of sages.but in either case the finall book after completation would have been under the authority of one particular body( a group also acts as a single body) or single authority.

even in later days when such scriptures were copied or replicated by other brahmins it would have come under scrutiny of many learned individuals.isnt it highly probable that any inconsistency would have been rectified at this point of time ?

but a similar advantage was not there in case of puranas which originated in different parts of the country and additions were made onto it till recent times.

Yes, U dared to post verbatim from hindu hate sites.

but who are you to dictate wherefrom shall i quote ???!!!! it all depends on the people who are viewing this thread to accept or reject. in case you have any objection you are definately free to speak it up( your freedom of expression) but you cannot command anybody or negatively speculate about him. thats against basic moral ettiquetes.

honestly speaking im really sorry if ive upset you to such a high degree altough without any significant reason whatsoever.

i hence forth i shall not reply regaurding this matter.im tired of such silly things .