IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sarva gattah

HH Jayapataka Swami is in critical condition from a stroke, please everyone pray

Rate this topic

y1pP9R1CRS3j6qpt5njSITRbrIqUE1mg_J9Gji1lDIHn8rzGOeE9y8leYOBaaMp-M5v49Wv6peto4c

Maharaja had a slight fever today. His white cell counts are low. This may be a hurdle to his recovery. Please pray intensely for Maharaja's recovery.

Thursday, December 04 - Night report:

HH Jayapataka Swami Maharaja's status report by Dr Madhavanada das, Director of Bhaktivedanta Hospital, Mumbai

Maharaja's consciousness is normal. He is taking both soft solids and liquids orally. The physiotherapist is teaching him exercises to strengthen his muscles to help him sit without support and later stand with support. She said he is doing well in terms of physiotherapy.

Maharaja had a slight fever today. His white cell counts are low. This may be a hurdle to his recovery. Please pray intensely for Maharaja's recovery.

Thursday, December 04 - Report from HG Ekanath Gaura Prabhu:

3-Dec-08 - Afternoon shift: 12noon to 6pm

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

At 1 pm we arrived at Hinduja hospital with the prasadam. Hinduja security is very high because of the past terrorist attack. By Krishna's mercy we are all safe.

Today the Speech Therapist came from Bhaktivedanta Hospital to teach us few systems and movements for Guru Maharaja's face muscles. Guru Maharaja was very attentively listening and he is totally surrendered to whatever the doctors or devotees advice him.

Guru Maharaja's mood is very humble, patient and tolerant. I would say extremely or even very extremely!!!! He is in the hospital already for one month and eleven days in ICCU.

At 1:30 pm Guru Maharaja took his lunch. While he was eating, Dr Syamalal prabhu spoke to him about changing Guru Maharaja to ICU room in the second floor. We are right now in the ICCU which is for the patients who need to be on ventilator support.

Guru Maharaja although has so many tubes he is very tolerant. Sometimes the other patients in similar situation are very distressed and their hands have to be tied so that they don't pull out the tubes. But Guru Maharaja is very cooperative with the doctors, nurses and devotees.

Since Guru Maharaja's speech is not yet fully clear it is difficult to understand what he says sometimes. If he wants us to scratch, we would ask him, if he wants to drink water or other things. He doesn't get frustrated, but always remains calm.

At 2:30 pm After Guru Maharaja finished his lunch he was moved from the sofa to the bed for chest physiotherapy. He was sitting on the sofa since 7am.

At 3:30 pm Guru Maharaja took some rest until 4pm. Guru Maharaja was waiting for a very important guest. I told Guru Maharaja that one devotee from Russia that used to help Mayapur a lot will come to visit him and he immediately asked me, "Brahmananda?" and I replied, "Yes".

At 4 pm Vidvan Gauranga Prabhu, one of Guru Maharaja's pandit (scholarly) disciple came to read few letters to Guru Maharaja and do some massage to his legs.

At 5 pm HH Radhanath Swami Maharaja came with HG Brahmananda Prabhu, a Russian devotee that used to help and support Mayapur project with big donations. He is very well known to Guru Maharaja and he loves him a lot.

Before HH Radhanath Swami Maharaja went inside I applied tilaka to Guru Maharaja as he always likes to have tilaka on his face.

HG Brahmananda Prabhu took Guru Maharaja's hand and HH Radhanath Swami Maharaja started speaking to Guru Maharaja. Guru Maharaja asked Brahmananda Prabhu, "Kakdila?"

It means, how are you in Russian. He also asked few other words in Russian. Guru Maharaja always kindly enquires everyone who comes to see him, how they are, where they are staying and for how many days.

HG Brahmananda Prabhu specifically came to see Guru Maharaja from Russia! He was very pleased to see Guru Maharaja and Guru Maharaja's special concern for him.

Even in this condition of lying down on the ICCU bed he is always concerned about our welfare if we ate, if we are ok, etc, Amazing!!! Seeing Guru Maharaja's dealings with the devotees, HH Radhanath Swami Maharaja was enjoying and admiring his care and concern.

Guru Maharaja started to glorify HH Radhanath Swami Maharaja and then HH Radhanath Swami Maharaja glorified. Like this they were glorifying each other. It was such a pleasure to watch their loving exchanges.

HH Radhanath Swami Maharaja narrated the incident of how Guru Maharaja met HG Acyutananda Prabhu after a long time of separation.

Guru Maharaja and HG Acyutananda Prabhu were preaching together in India for many years. 30 years ago.

They were very nice friends. During the New York Ratha Yatra Guru Maharaja met HG Acyutananda Prabhu surprisingly. In the beginning he could not recognize him as they haven't seen each other for so many years.

HG Acyutananda Prabhu saw Guru Maharaja and said, "I am your godbrother, Acyutananda Prabhu." Guru Maharaja looked at him and had tears in his eyes.

Guru Maharaja embraced him and HG Acyutananda prabhu also started crying. HG Acyutananda Prabhu called HG Yogesvara prabhu and informed him about his meeting with Guru Maharaja and how both of them cried.

After HH Radhanath Swami Maharaja spoke Guru Maharaja told us how they used to preach together and also he asked HH Radhanath Swami Maharaja to send a message to HG Acyutananda prabhu saying he loves him.

Guru Maharaja also asked about HH Radhanath Swami Maharaja's travel to America. He asked in which airline he was flying. Maharaja replied British Airways. Guru Maharaja said, "In BA they have flat bed."

We all started laughing. Guru Maharaja asked if HG Brahamanada Prabhu knows what flat bed means, and he didn't. I explained to him that in business class one can make the seat flat.

Then Guru Maharaja asked HH Radhanatha Swami Maharaja if he was flying on a business class. Maharaja replied, "I don't know what kind of ticket they bought for me."

HH Radhanath Swami Maharaja is a very simple sadhu and a powerful spiritual master. He is very caring and loving towards all of us. He just came to see Guru Maharaja before going to America.

He travelled so many hours to just come and see Guru Maharaja, to exchange few words with him and to encourage us. We are really grateful to His Holiness for all his love and care for our Guru Maharaja and for all of us.

He even cancelled his Vyasa puja just because Guru Maharaja was in hospital in a serious situation. We conveyed the message to Maharaja saying Guru Maharaja is not happy that he had cancelled his Vyasa Puja.

But he didn't want to celebrate at this moment when Guru Maharaja was on ventilator and he said he will celebrate his Vyasa puja another day during the year.

HG Brahmananda Prabhu and Maharaja were telling Guru Maharaja how the devotees are praying for him and how they all love him. Guru Maharaja said, "That's why I am still here."

Guru Maharaja asked HG Brahmananda Prabhu about the Moscow temple and he said that it is going to be built only if Guru Maharaja will give class. Guru Maharaja said he will go as soon as he can play his kartals.

Guru Maharaja asked if we had any Balaji's Laddu (Mahaprasad from Tirupati Balaji).

Guru Maharaja wanted to give to HG Brahmananda prabhu. Since we didn't have we gave them some Jagannath Maha Oil.

Nurses told us to go out, to change Guru Maharaja's position. After I went again inside to discuss with Guru Maharaja, what present to give to HH Radhanath Swami Maharaja. Guru Maharaja chose a nice pavitram from Lord Narasimhadeva and he personally gave to Maharaja and said,

"Happy Vyasa Puja". Maharaja was happy to receive the gift from Guru Maharaja.

There were many loving exchanges amongst HH Radhanath Swami Maharaja, Guru Maharaja and HG Brahmananda prabhu. Once we tried to guess what Guru Maharaja was saying for 15 min, until we realized that he was speaking in Russian to HG Brahmananda Prabhu's wife.

At 6:45 pm After Maharaja and HG Brahmanada Prabhu left, HG Braja Hari Prabhu came to see Guru Maharaja.

I would like to say few words about HG Braja Hari Prabhu. He is Guru Maharaja's disciple more than 25 years now, a brahmacari and a very simple and pure hearted devotee. He is the Temple President of Juhu, Mumbai. He has dedicated his life in the service of Sri Sri Radha Rasabihariji.

He is one of the key person in Guru Maharaja's hospital lila. He arranged everything for us and Guru Maharaja. Whenever he comes to see Guru Maharaja he gets the best fruits for him. He is also like a father to me.

Your servant

JPS caregivers

H.H. Jayapataka Maharaj has been moved to a less intensive care ICU, HE amazingly sat in a normal chair and was able to support his back and neck by himself.

Later in the day he sat in a wheelchair and taken for a spin around the ICU with the care devotees joyfully chanting Hare Krishna..

Friday, December 05 - Night report:

HH Jayapataka Swami Maharaja's status report by Dr Madhavananda das, Director of Bhaktivedanta Hospital, Mumbai:

Yesterday evening Maharaja was shifted to another ICU which is less intense and is for patients who do not need a ventilator. It is quieter here and Maharaja finds it more comfortable.

Today Maharaja was given a walker to try to stand but he was unable to support his weight. Nevertheless he was made to sit in a normal chair and was able to support his back and neck by himself. Later in the day he was made to sit in a wheelchair and taken around the ICU.

The physiotherapy is going on intensely and Maharaja is eager to be able to walk soon.

His swallowing is also improving daily. He was able to eat and drink more easily today.

Please continue your intense prayers.

Maharaja is steadily recovering!! Hari Bol!

PLEASE KEEP PRAYING TO PROVE TO KRISHNA WE DESRVE THE EXALTED ASSOCIATION OF JAYAPATAKA MAHARAJ!

Sunday, December 07 - Evening report:

HH Jayapataka Swami Maharaja's status report by Dr Madhavananada das, Director of Bhaktivedanta Hospital, Mumbai

Maharaja is steadily recovering.

His lungs are much better now. He is able to cough out mucous from his mouth on his own which is again a step towards removing the tracheostomy tube in a few days.

The physiotherapy is going on intensely and is sometimes tiring for Maharaja. But he takes rest for a short time and then continues.

He has to practice sitting on the bed on his own with minimal support from his hands. Maharaja is very alert about doing these exercises daily and more than once in a day

Maharaja's appetite is improving.

Please continue to pray intensely.

Sunday, December 07 - Report from HG Maha Varaha Prabhu:

6th and 7th Dec 2008 - Night shift, 6 pm – 6 am

This evening we reached the hospital at 8pm. It took exactly two hours to reach the hospital.

There was a big gathering of people close to the area where the hospital is located. Roads leading to Hinduja Hospital were closed. Roads, streets, buses and trucks were filled up with people.

Today people were celebrating the death anniversary of B.R. Ambedkar, who is also known as "Father of Indian Constitution"

When I went inside the ICU Bhadra Balaram Prabhu was doing physiotherapy for Guru Maharaja. I noticed the nasogastric feeding tube was removed from Guru Maharaja's nose. The clarity of his speech has improved further. We started feeding the dinner at 8.35pm.

While we were feeding dinner Guru Maharaja was squeezing his fingers of his right hand. Then he said, "My right hand is weak...." I explained,

"Guru Maharaja, in the beginning there was not a slight movement on your right hand but now you are able to lift the hand up to your chest! You are progressing nicely.

After few more days of exercise you will be able to lift high enough to call out Gaurangaaaaa!!!" As soon as I said this, Guru Maharaja tried his best lifting his right hand while calling out

"Gauranga!!!" He managed to lift it up to his ear then dropped it immediately.

Guru Maharaja is very alert about his surroundings too. Whenever the machines at the side of his bed beep he would immediately ask us to check on them.

Each time when the hospital staff or doctors walk into his room he will ask them questions of what they are doing and what are they talking.

His memory is still very sharp. He remembers all the doctors’ names who are attending him.

At 10.15 pm we did the face and speech therapy for Guru Maharaja. Before Guru Maharaja went to sleep Madhavakanta Prabhu brought in the pictures of Their Lordships Sri Radha Rasabihari and Hanuman Ji.

Guru Maharaja told him to touch the pictures on his forehead and requested him to put Hanuman picture within his sight.

Next day morning at 6 am after applying tilaka on his forehead we started the morning program with mangala arati song. Guru Maharaja was trying to sing along with us until we finished the whole program. We noticed he was moving his lips accordingly from the beginning to the end of all songs.

Though this report appears to be very positive, please remember that Guru Maharaja's bodily immune system is very low and chances for infections are high. Therefore we have to keep praying intensely until Guru Maharaja recovers completely.

5th December 2008 - Afternoon shift, 12 noon till 6 pm:

I was on afternoon shift today. Bhadra Balaram Prabhu, who was in the morning shift stayed back with me to learn physiotherapy which was supposed to take place after the lunch. We finished feeding the lunch at 3.30 pm.

When Guru Maharaja was about to take his pear pudding the physiotherapist came in. Though Guru Maharaja appeared little tired after the morning session of physiotherapy and lunch, Guru Maharaja still agreed to go for the next session of exercises.

Guru Maharaja's enthusiasm is ever high and he is always very keen to gain strength and walk as soon as possible especially after seeing some improvements on his bodily movement due to exercises.

At the end of the session, the therapist told us that tomorrow they may take Guru Maharaja to the physiotherapy department by wheelchair to try to make Guru Maharaja stand with the help of some instruments.

So today around 4.30pm he was made to sit on a wheelchair and we took him around the ICU ward. In the beginning Guru Maharaja was not able to balance himself up while being on the sitting position.

He kept falling towards sideways. Gradually, after we kept reminding him couple of times to keep his back straight up he did quite well. While touring around the ward we introduced the staffs, we also showed him his altar at the back of his bed and we told him his bed number too.

He was looking around by turning his head from one side to another side very slowly. Then we took him close to a window and showed him the Arabian Sea. He was looking at it for a while.

After about ten rounds inside the ICU ward he became quite tired. We made him to take rest on his bed.

Guru Maharaja rested for 45 minutes. Then we heard an announcement, 'Bed no.51.' I rushed inside the ICU. Guru Maharaja was awake and he asked for his evening fruit. We also had HG Braja Hari Prabhu who came to checkout the ICU. He was with Guru Maharaja for about 15 minutes.

While Guru Maharaja was having his fruit he told Braja Hari Prabhu, "I didn’t see Radha Rasa Bihari picture here. Please bring them and also Hanuman." I think he noticed it when we he was on the wheelchair tour.

At 7.45 pm after doing the face therapy for Guru Maharaja we handed over our duty and left the hospital.

IMG_0409_.jpg

Monday, December 08 - Evening report:

HH Jayapataka Swami Maharaja's status report by Dr Madhavananda das, Director of Bhaktivedanta Hospital, Mumbai:

Today Maharaja was taken to the physiotherapy department where he was made to stand with support for about 20 minutes in two sessions. He was holding on to a set of parallel bars on either side of him, with about 4 physiotherapists helping him to stand straight.

Maharaja put in a lot of effort to stand up and is looking forward to his next session tomorrow. He even asked the physiotherapist about when he would be taking baby steps. The physiotherapist told him to first start standing on his own and then they would proceed to baby steps.

He was also made to do different exercises to strengthen his right arm which is weak.

Maharaja is stable otherwise.

209603517_6c48382e32.jpg?v=0

The Lord of the universe Jugganath along with his pure devotee jayapataka swami maharaj giving darsan to all

Friday, December 12 - Evening report:

Maharaja was shifted to the room today, out of the ICU. The tracheostomy tube is still there which will be removed next week.

img_146700101.jpgjps.jpg

It's kept for precaution. The physiotherapists commented that Maharaja's standing is getting better. Today he was also made to cycle on the stationary cycle for 10 minutes.

Friday, December 12 - Report from HG Maha Varaha Prabhu:

10th December 2008 - Night shift, 6 pm – 6 am

Today HH Janananda Goswami Maharaja visited Guru Maharaja. He was about to leave the hospital when I went inside the ICU. Guru Maharaja was sitting on a chair next to his bed.

e asked Guru Maharaja, "Do you prefer taking dinner while sitting on the chair or on the bed?" He said, "On the bed." Bhadra Balaram Prabhu went to call the hospital boys who always help us to carry Guru Maharaja.

Today, Vasudevatmaja Prabhu, Guru Maharaja's personal cook from Mayapura came with us to the hospital to get some feed back from Guru Maharaja about his cooking. Guru Maharaja told him, "I am gaining strength because you are cooking nutritious food for me"!!! Guru Maharaja kind of lifted his arms to show him how stronger he was getting!! Can you imagine the satisfaction Vasudevatmaja prabhu must have experienced by hearing such nectarean words?

While waiting for the boys to come I read couple of letters for Guru Maharaja. Guru Maharaja was listening to the letters while Vasudevatmaja Prabhu was cutting Guru Maharaja's toe nails. 25 minutes later we managed to put Guru Maharaja on his bed with the help of these boys.

Soon after putting Guru Maharaja on the bed we started to feed dinner. While having his dinner Guru Maharaja asked, "You think Srila Prabhupada's chanting at the back is too loud? Does it disturb other patients?" I told Guru Maharaja,

"So far we haven't heard any complaint about it, so nothing to worry." Though Guru Maharaja's health is in poor condition, I noticed his mood of caring for other's welfare remains the same.

I was remembering how soon after he gained his consciousness he asked us, "Where are you all staying? Where are you taking prasadam in the hospital?

Guru Maharaja took rest at 10.30pm. Before going to sleep he told me and Dr. Acyutananda to shift his sleeping position from left to right at 1am. At 1am we went in again to change his sleeping position.

JPS Servants

Friday, December 12 - Report from HG Isvara Puri Prabhu:

December 4, 2008 - Afternoon shift: 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada and to our beloved Gurudeva.

We arrived at the hospital a little before 1pm. Maha Varaha Prabhu was waiting for us and commented that he was going to stay all day long in the hospital since he had to coordinate with us and teach us about the physiotherapy exercises for Guru Maharaja.

This time they had Guru Maharaja seated on the edge of the bed with his lotus feet over a low chair. It was little difficult for Guru Maharaja to maintain the balance by himself. Therefore another devotee was holding him so that he wouldn't fall to the sides.

Then Maha Varaha Prabhu began to feed prasada to Guru Maharaja. Actually it was a little complicated to feed Guru Maharaja in that position, but Guru Maharaja was determined to continue.

I was asked to leave Guru Maharaja's room since there were enough devotees assisting Guru Maharaja. I was waiting downstairs. At about 7:30pm, I called Dharesh Prabhu, for us to go back to the temple because our shift was already finished. He replied me, "ISVARA PURI WE ARE MOVING GURU MAHARAJA TO ANOTHER ROOM.

COME AND HELP US!" I immediately got into the lift and went to Guru Maharaja's room at the tenth floor to shift him to another room in second floor. It was really an unforgettable moment.

This room is much better than the 10th floor as it is peaceful and a bigger space. Guru Maharaja was carefully brought to his new room. The first thing I saw were the two beautiful pictures of Radha Madhava right over the head of his bed. Guru Maharaja was shining like the sun!

The nurses asked us in a very polite way to leave the room since they had to set up Guru Maharaja in his new room.

In a short while they opened the curtains and we rushed in again like bees looking only for the nectar. There were pictures of Lord Narasimha and Panca Tattva put up on the wall.

Guru Maharaja wanted to know where was east and Vidvan Gauranga prabhu went to find out. He returned with the good news that Guru Maharaja's head was facing the east. This made Guru Maharaja happy.

I began to massage his divine lotus feet. Maha Varaha Prabhu commented that he had already given the good news of Guru Maharaja moving from ICCU to ICU to all the devotees in Mayapura.

I said that everyone was going to become very happy and that the entire world was going to become very happy. Guru Maharaja raised his beautiful hand which I immediately held it, being thankful to him for the infinite love, compassion and mercy that he has towards us. Then we left the hospital.

JPS servants

Image8.jpg

Here one can find a picture of Lord Sudarshan Salagram sila on a ring, and a yantra the story for how They were given by a South Indian brahmin for maharaj's protection will come later.

JP.jpg

This picture was taken by Mitra Gopi devi dasi (JPS) in Sao Paulo, Brazil, July 2004.

Jayapataka Swami carries the Salagram with him on his hand daily. The mood is that the Lord is riding or travelling on maharaj, thus maharaj being like a vehicle for the Lord to reach different places all over the world. Maharaj is very respectful to the Salagram and keeps Him very carefully and is protected by Him. When he comes to a temple, on occassion he puts the ring on the altar.

In case anyone may think that the Salagram set in a ring like this to be ordinary "bling bling" jewellry, it is not a fact. Devotees who travel with Silas like this are very careful to not inconvenience the Lord in anyway, and obviously do not have such a ring open for display when eating, visiting bathrooms or defacating etc in the same way that one would not take one's japa beads to a filthy place. <CENTER>

These photos were taken during the summer of 2004 in Atlanta GA by Sikhi Mahiti prabhu ACBSP

JPSSaligram-table.jpg

The daily seva puja is very simply, he pours water on him and chants some prayers. Then, he offers some food.

The other ring is a Tadiya gift to Jayapataka Swami, and worn by his guru maharaj Srila A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupad - although maharaj doesn't always wear this tadiya ring he keeps it safely with him.

JPSSaligram-hand.jpg

Prabhupada Tadiya, Sudarshan Salagram, and Sudarshan Yantra ring(s)

Pictures below by Varun Vaishnav prabhu

JPS-bhiksha.gif

JPS-sila-ring.gif

Picture by Varun Vaishnav prabhu. The picture above shows maharaj giving maha-prasadam oils from Lord Nrsimhadev and Radha Madhava in Mayapur to devotees

</CENTER>

Guru maharaj told me to take him to the bathroom to see how he can take shower! He asked me if we had a gamcha for him.

15-Dec-08, report

HH Jayapataka Maharaj’s status report by Dr Madhavananda das, Director of Bhaktivedanta Hospital, Mumbai

With the tracheostomy tube out, the doctor gave Maharaj permission to take a bath. Today he was taken to the bathroom in a wheelchair and given a bath.

He is progressing with his ability of standing. He’s made to walk with a lot of support. Please continue praying.

13-Dec-08, from Maha Varaha prabhu

13th Dec 2008 Afternoon Shift 12noon - 6pm

Today is the day the tracheostomy tube came out iraculously. Bhadra Balaram Prabhu had described it in detail in his report. Today is also the first day

Guru Maharaja was clad with saffron cloths after being in the hospital for almost 52 days. He looked very vibrant with his personal saffron kurta and

silk pyjamas.

It was 1.15pm, time to feed lunch for Guru Maharaja. While Guru Maharaja was relaxing on his bed, I asked him, “Guru Maharaja! Are you ready for the lunch?”

He remained silent. Then I noticed he was trying to roll around his Brahmin thread on his right hand side thumb. But he was not able to do it properly by himself.

After I helped Guru Maharaja to roll around the Brahmin thread, Guru Maharaja started to chant his gayatri by slowly moving his right hand side thumb accordingly with the help of his left hand. Since the last few days Guru Maharaja also chanted Hare Krsna Maha Mantra with his clicker.

After chanting the gayatri mantra we fed lunch for Guru Maharaja. After the lunch Guru Maharaja took 10 minutes nap. Then at 2.55pm we shifted Guru Maharaja on a wheelchair and rushed him to the physiotherapy department.

Since it was Saturday the physiotherapy department generally closes by 3pm, fortunately the therapist were still there when we rolled up.

While we were in the physiotherapy department Dr.Shiromani received a call that we got another deluxe room available at the 15th floor, which we original asked for. It is as similar as the room on the 7th floor but with

the bed facing towards South.

After the physiotherapy session we took Guru

Maharaja straight to 15th floor for him to have look. Guru Maharaja decided to shift here because he was very concerned about the sleeping direction. I thought, though Guru Maharaja is not travelling from city to city but he is

still travelling from ward to ward. From 10th floor to 2nd floor then to 7th floor and now to 15th floor.

We made Guru Maharaja to relax on the bed and started to set up the new room. While Guru Maharaja was relaxing on the bed, Dr.Alvar came in to visit

Guru Maharaja.

In the middle of their conversation Dr.Alvar who is an ardent

devotee of Lord Krishna mentioned to Guru Maharaja, “Your recovery is miraculous and I heard your case will be discussed in the international health forum.” Guru Maharaja replied with full of humility on his face, “Its all because of prayers.”

At 6pm after having his evening fruit Guru Maharaja wanted to take little rest to sleep on left hand side. We turned him over on his left with pillows on his back to support him. Within 5 minutes he fell asleep. For the first

time after 52 days i heard Guru Maharaja was snoring quite loudly.

JPS Servants

12-Dec-08, from Maha Varaha prabhu

12th Dec 2008 Morning Shift 6am - 12noon

This morning Guru Maharaja looked very energetic. Guru Maharaja had his breakfast at 8.15am. While having his breakfast Dr.Syamalal Prabhu from Bhaktivedanta Hospital was with Guru Maharaja discussing about the development of Guru Maharaja’s health.

While Guru Maharaja was relaxing on his bed after having his breakfast, Dr.P.P. Ashok came in for his routine check. He greeted Guru Maharaja, “Good Morning Swamiji! How are you today?”

Guru Maharaja replied, “I am Ok. Getting better. Need more time.” Dr.Ashok commented,”You need time and also you need Krsna.” Guru Maharaja said,”Yes!

Krsna.”

Dr.P.P Ashok is one of the main doctor who has been monitoring the progress of Guru Maharaja’s health from day one since he was admitted in the hospital. In the beginning some of the doctors expressed no hope for Guru

Maharaja to recover.

But from the above comment made by Dr.P.P.Ashok we could clearly understand that Guru Maharaja’s miraculous recovery has rejuvenated the faith on Lord Krsna in many doctors, nurses and staffs of

Hinduja Hospital.

Braj Hari Prabhu visited to inform Guru Maharaja that he is trying to shift Guru Maharaja to a private deluxe room. He also got the room confirmed later.

At 3pm, before we went to physiotherapy department we were informed that Guru Maharaja will be shifted to a deluxe room located at 15th floor.

After the physiotherapy session, when we returned to the ICU at around 5pm we were told that Guru Maharaja will be shifted to similar kind of deluxe room located at 7th floor. We had no choice, so we accepted the changes.

We packed all our belongings and shifted with Guru Maharaja on a wheelchair from the 2nd floor ICU to 7th floor deluxe room.

Everything about this deluxe room was upto our satisfaction but the direction of bed and the bed itself was not good. It was an olden style manual hospital bed.

Guru Maharaja was not able to stretch his legs properly. The bed was facing the northern direction. With not much choice left, we accepted the room considering the privacy for Guru Maharaja is the most important factor.

Finaly with the help of our devotees and some hospital staffs we got an electronic bed for Guru Maharaja.

JPS Servants

13-Dec-08, report by Bhadra Balaram prabhu

Dear Devotees,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Guru Maharaja and Srila Prabhupada!

By now you should be knowing that Guru Maharaj’s tracheostomy tube is no more there and he has no more tube going inside his body!

Well, it happenned in a far out way. We know how Dr. Hegde had been delaying this for almost more than a week and wanted to still keep it for few more days for additional safety.

Today some time after Guru Maharaj took prasadam, we found some drops of liquid on his shirt but couldn’t figure out what it was. It looked like drops of water.

Anyway we didn’t discuss much but I had some concern so I kept specualting as to what it could be. After some time we moved Guru Maharaj to a wheelchair for going to physiotherapy dept., soemthing that Guru Maharaj is really into as he knows it’s going to help him walk, travel

and preach!

But as we were about to start. Dr. Shiromani mataji noted something strange. She found Guru Maharaj’s tracheostomy tube hanging outside his neck, like a locket!

I guess she couldn’t believe it first and again looked at it

carefully. Yes! it was the tube that we all have been waiting to get removed! She immediately alarmed us not to touch it as it could trigger serious infection and called the nurse. Nurses came running and went back to report to the concerned doctor.

One of the nurses came back and told us not to panic and that the doctor was on the way.

Immediately after that Dr. Hegde walked in, smiling, almost laughing, something that I never saw in him before this day! He was followed by a lady doctor Dr. Mayuri, representing Dr. P. Ashok, and a few more nurses.

I was impressed to note how they were all there practically in a minute!

But the other far our thing was, Dr. Hegde didn’t know what had happened before he was apparently told by the nurse when he arrived. He had just come to 7th floor to check patients.

Also Dr. Mayuri who was sent by Dr. P. Ashok also ddin’t know that Dr. Hegde was going to be there! They all got together there at the right time obviously by Lord Krishna’s arrangement for his pure devotee.

I heard Dr. Ashok had jokingly said “looks like Swamiji pulled it out himself..!” When someone made this comment to Guru Maharaj in front of Dr. Hegde, Guru Maharaj very innocently noded his head and said “I didn’t do it”! (I can still see that scene in front of my eyes!).

Dr. Hegde was astonished but couldn’t express much, I guess, as he had to maintain his profile. He, still amused, and smile on his face, told the nurse to get him gloves which she did.

He told the nurse to cut the string / ribbon off and

once it was done applied some medicine to prevent infection. He then closed it off with cotton and happily told Guru Maharaj, “you can have your shower tomorrow”.

After doctors and nurses left I told Guru Maharaj how it was so special of him and that Krishna had shown to Dr. Hegde (and team) that Guru Maharaj cannot be kept as an ordinary patient.

That although he wanted to keep the tracheostomy tube for additional safety, when Guru Maharaj was very eager to

get rid of it, by Krishna’s arrangement the tube popped out on its own!

I think it was when Dr. Shiromani mataji told guru maharaj that there was no more tube in his body, he lifted his two hands on his own (as much as he

could) and said “Hari Bol…!”.

Guru maharaj told me to take him to the bathroom to see how he can take shower! He asked me if we had a gamcha for him.

I took him on the wheelchair to the bathroom and as we were discussing, Dr. Mayuri, who had come on behalf of Dr. Ashok came back and was shocked to see Guru Maharaj

next to bathroom!

She exclaimed “oh he cannot take shower now!”

I told her it wasn’t the case and she cooled down. She had come to say that Guru Maharaj needed to be monitored at least for an hour and if any symptom of difficulty in breathing, etc. appeared we should just remove the tape and

call the doctor.

When she said that today there should be no physiotherapy, Guru Maharaj told her how it was important for him to go for physiotherapy. In the end she agreed saying if he didn’t face any difficulty until 2pm she would let him go!

I lightly told her that Guru Maharaj had a very strong will power and that he could easily manage to not show any symptom of difficulty for a few hours to make sure he can go for physiotherapy!

Any way, as he is, Guru Maharaj was there in physiotherapy dept. during afternoon session!

Actually Dr. Mayuri was quite impressed by Guru Maharaj’s spirit and agreed that it was Krishna’s arragement that the tube came out on its own. Actually by now, all dotctors and hospital staff treating Guru Maharaj are happy with him.

I just came to know from Mahavaraha prabhu that Guru Maharaj had no difficulty without the tracheostomy tube and had nice rest during afternoon hours.

Now the main concern is his immune system as his WBC (white blood cells) count is very low and doctors are anxiously waiting to see it increase as as he is now, any small infection could cause a serious problem.

He needs to be carefully protected from infection and this is one reason he has been shifted to a private room although on the other hand he has become physically stronger by Lord Krishna’s mercy. Please keep praying.

Thanks.

Hare Krishna

Your servant,

Bhadra Balaram Das

Dr.Alvar who is an ardent devotee of Lord Krishna mentioned to Guru Maharaja, “Your recovery is miraculous and I heard your case will be discussed in the international health forum.”

Wow!

'...after 52 days i heard Guru Maharaja was snoring quite loudly."

A remakable recovery! Post cerebrovascular accidents usually carry some disabilities such as hemiplegia, slurring of speech, memory loss, incontenence and depression.

Hemiplegia when the other half of the body is paralyzed.

Slurring of speech means it`s hard to articulate words properly

memory loss when the part of the brain where memories are stored was injured during the accident

incontenence when it`s difficult to control one`s bowel movement and urination

depression is noted when the patient is sad and blue.

If Jayapataka Swami has none of the above. Then his recovery from a cerebrovascular accident is excellent.

---------

n31877813023_902703_9452.jpg

Jayapataka Maharaja broke into laughter, Ha ha ha...Ha ha ha.

Wednesday, December 17 - Evening Report:

Maharaja is doing progressively well. The physiotherapist commented that what they expect Maharaja to do in 10 days, he accomplishes in 5 days. The doctors are very enthused by Maharaja's enthusiasm and determination to walk and get back to normal life.

Maharaja asked the neurologist how he's doing. The neurologist said Maharaja is doing excellent.

Even though Maharaja is dependant for various things, physiotherapy is making him independent gradually. Maharaja still can't sit up from a lying down position on his own or lie down from a sitting position. But with physiotherapy he's getting more strength in his trunk. Once made to sit he can sit with minimal support.

Please continue praying.

Wednesday, December 17 - Report from HG Maha Varaha prabhu:

14th Dec 2008 - Night Shift, 6 pm – 6 am

At 7.20pm Guru Maharaja had his evening fruit. After the evening fruit Braj Hari Prabhu, Bhadra Balaram Prabhu and myself made Guru Maharaja to sit on the edge of the bed for 15 minutes.

He was sitting without any support. Then we made him to relax on the bed before taking his dinner. While relaxing Guru Maharaja was discussing with Braja Hari Prabhu about the facilities available for him to stay in Juhu Temple.

After the dinner we cleaned Guru Maharaja's mouth and brushed his teeth. Dr. Acyutananda, who is representing the Bhaktivedanta Hospital has been coming for the last one month without fail as a doctor on night shift. At11pm we both made Guru aharaja to lie down on his left hand side for him to take rest.

Everynight Guru Maharaja goes to sleep by lying on his left hand side. Then around 1am we change his position to right hand side or sometimes facing up. Tonight, after changing his position, Dr.Acyutananda held Guru Maharaja's hand and brought his hand next to railing of the bed for Guru Maharaja to feel the servant's calling bell.

He told Guru Maharaja, "Maharaj the bellll(bell) is here. Maharaj the bellll(bell)...is here." with the 'l' sound little thick. Guru Maharaja replied while pointing his belly, "My belly is here, My belly is here."

Then

Wednesday, December 17 - Evening Report:

Maharaja is doing progressively well. The physiotherapist commented that what they expect Maharaja to do in 10 days, he accomplishes in 5 days. The doctors are very enthused by Maharaja's enthusiasm and determination to walk and get back to normal life.

Maharaja asked the neurologist how he's doing. The neurologist said Maharaja is doing excellent.

Even though Maharaja is dependant for various things, physiotherapy is making him independent gradually. Maharaja still can't sit up from a lying down position on his own or lie down from a sitting position.

But with physiotherapy he's getting more strength in his trunk. Once made to sit he can sit with minimal support.

Please continue praying.

Wednesday, December 17 - Report from HG Maha Varaha prabhu:

14th Dec 2008 - Night Shift, 6 pm – 6 am

At 7.20pm Guru Maharaja had his evening fruit. After the evening fruit Braj Hari Prabhu, Bhadra Balaram Prabhu and myself made Guru Maharaja to sit on the edge of the bed for 15 minutes.

He was sitting without any support. Then we made him to relax on the bed before taking his dinner. While relaxing Guru Maharaja was discussing with Braja Hari Prabhu about the facilities available for him to stay in Juhu Temple.

After the dinner we cleaned Guru Maharaja's mouth and brushed his teeth. Dr. Acyutananda, who is representing the Bhaktivedanta Hospital has been coming for the last one month without fail as a doctor on night shift.

At11pm we both made Guru aharaja to lie down on his left hand side for him to take rest.

Everynight Guru Maharaja goes to sleep by lying on his left hand side. Then around 1am we change his position to right hand side or sometimes facing up. Tonight, after changing his position, Dr.Acyutananda held Guru Maharaja's hand and brought his hand next to railing of the bed for Guru Maharaja to feel the servant's calling bell.

He told Guru Maharaja, "Maharaj the bellll(bell) is here. Maharaj the bellll(bell)...is here." with the 'l' sound little thick. Guru Maharaja replied while pointing his belly, "My belly is here, My belly is here." Then Guru Maharaja broke into laughter, Ha ha ha...Ha ha ha.

JPS servants:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray::crying2:

Our wonderful Godbrother and loving Guru to thousands is be discharged from the Hospital

3890128-sm.jpg

Friday, December 19 - Evening Report:

Maharaja is being discharged from Hindhuja hospital and it has been decided to take him to Bhaktivedanta hospital tomorrow morning to continue his ongoing physiotherapy. He walked using the parallel bars today.

He was able to move his feet well in coordination, but since his right side is weak, he has difficulty coordinating his hand and shoulder.

But everyday he is showing improvement in his muscle power in all the limbs especially right hand. Please continue to pray.

Friday, December 19 - Report from HG Vaikunthapati prabhu (my [Gaura] dear old friend):

18th Dec 2008 - Afternoon shift, 12 noon to 6 pm

We reached the Hinduja Hospital at 1 pm. HG Premadata prabhu, the Agartala temple president had come to meet with Guru Maharaja and was about to leave when we arrived.

After HG Premadata prabhu left, Bhadra Balaram prabhu and myself, we started preparing to serve lunch for Guru Maharaja. Guru Maharaja was sitting on the bed and Bhadra Balaram prabhu fed lunch to him affectionately. Guru Maharaja was unable to sit straight and he kept leaning sideways.

Therefore I was holding Guru Maharaja to give him support. Dr. Syamlal prabhu asked Guru Maharaja to sit straight by himself. Guru Maharaja tried to follow his instruction; whenever he would lean sideways he held the rails of the bed and managed to push himself back into the position.

Guru Maharaja surprised all of us by suddenly picking up the water cup kept on the eating table with his left hand and drank the water. This was the first time Guru Maharaja drank water by himself without the help of the devotees! Dr. Syamalal prabhu and everyone encouraged Guru Maharaja by saying loudly, "Hari Bol!!"

Dr. Syamalal prabhu made Guru Maharaja to use his right hand which has been weaker than the left. So he asked Guru Maharaja to eat the small sweet balls (made by Stevia) using his right hand. Guru Maharaja tried hard and reached almost to the mouth, but the ball was smashed just below his lower lips. Then Guru Maharaja was asked to eat the balls with his left hand and he did it comfortably.

After prasadam a nurse came and checked his BP. Guru Maharaja asked and confirmed with the nurse if his BP was normal and it was. Around 2 pm the physiotherapist came and with some bigger grains (motor and black beans) gave practice for the right hand.

Guru Maharaja was asked to sit on the bed, his legs resting on the floor and his hands on top of the small eating table. He was asked to collect the grains from the plate which was on the table and pour it back. After many times he tried just to collect few grains and poured it back into the plate.

Next the therapist asked him to pick up the grains one by one and put it out of the plate, he couldn't do that, but the doctor was encouraging his efforts. He had few more practices with the grains and with the dish washing sponges to test the sensibility in his hands.

At the end of the therapy Guru Maharaja was asked to hold the small eating table with his both hands and to sit straight for 20 minutes.

Guru Maharaja enjoyed listening to Srila Prabhupada's Hare Krishna kirtan by gently moving his body sideways in harmony with the music. Guru Maharaja sat for 20 minutes without much strain. It was nice to see him cooperating with the therapists and making improvements day by day.

During this time a famous Hindi actress who had come to Hindhuja hospital for her personal reason spontaneously wanted to see Guru Maharaja to get blessings from him.

She was encouraging Guru Maharaja that he will get back all his limbs working normal. She was explaining that one of her relative was in a very severe situation for six months and she couldn't even move her fingers but now she is much better and even is using computer!

She was asking Guru Maharaja's blessings so that her relative will heal completely.

Guru Maharaja suggested her to take caranamrita from the temple and give it to her relative and he recited the mantra, akala-mrtyu-haranam sarva-vyadhi-vinasanam visnoh padodakam pitva sirasa dharayamy aham (which means,

"Having drunk the water from the lotus feet of Lord Visnu, which destroys all disease and takes away the chance of dying untimely, I hold that water on my head.") and asked her to chant this mantra while taking the caranamrita.

She immediately responded to Guru Maharaja saying she would follow his instruction. She must be a fortunate lady to get the darshan of Guru Maharaja.

The acupuncturist came around 4 pm and started checking the weak points on Guru Maharaja's fingers.

The treatment is for strengthening his overall muscles and for improving the functions of his middle brain. According to the acupuncturist, Guru Maharaja showed improvement on his face, he is not staring anymore when he looks at someone and the coordination of his eye balls has improved.

At around 5 pm, HG Braja Hari prabhu and HG Devakinandan prabhu came to see Guru Maharaja and were discussing about the details to move Guru Maharaja out of the Hinduja Hospital.

HG Braja Hari prabhu also read letters from a book of get well letters made by Sri Lanka devotees and showed the drawings of the devotee kids. Few of the kids had drawn Hanuman and Guru Maharaja put that page of the book on his head. Jai Hanuman Ji Ki Jai!

JPS Servants

DSC00963.jpg

n31877813023_902726_4656.jpg

The first time Guru Maharaja was taken into an open area with grass. <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Tuesday, December 23 - Report from HH Jayapataka Swami Maharaja:

They are giving me intensive physiotheraphy treatment. Since two days they asked me to, "Sit down, Stand up. Sit down, Stand up" like this for 10 times (but with lesser support) to stimulate my leg muscles.

They are also teaching me to stand erect. Things that I used to do naturally I have to be taught. Right eyebrow started to move today; beginning of facial muscles unfreezing. They are giving me three kinds of therapies, physio, facial and acupuncture. Acupuncture hurts me alot.

Note from Ratnavali: Dr.Shiromani Mataji and Ekanatha Gaura prabhu told me that today morning after the physiotheraphy session, Guru Maharaja had darshan of Srila Prabhupada in the ground floor and later he was taken in a wheel chair to Jagannath Vallabha gardens inside the hospital complex.

It is a beautiful garden with so many vrndavan trees planted personally by a vrajavasi. There are many fruit and flower bearing trees like kadamba, parijata, chikoo, mango etc.

They are giving me intensive physiotheraphy treatment. Since two days they asked me to, "Sit down, Stand up. Sit down, Stand up" like this for 10 times (but with lesser support) to stimulate my leg muscles. They are also teaching me to stand erect.

Things that I used to do naturally I have to be taught. Right eyebrow started to move today; beginning of facial muscles unfreezing. They are giving me three kinds of therapies, physio, facial and acupuncture. Acupuncture hurts me alot.

Note from Ratnavali: Dr.Shiromani Mataji and Ekanatha Gaura prabhu told me that today morning after the physiotheraphy session, Guru Maharaja had darshan of Srila Prabhupada in the ground floor and later he was taken in a wheel chair to Jagannath Vallabha gardens inside the hospital complex.

It is a beautiful garden with so many vrndavan trees planted personally by a vrajavasi. There are many fruit and flower bearing trees like kadamba, parijata, chikoo, mango etc.

Later he was taken to the temple room of Bhaktivedanta hospital. It wasn't possible to take his wheel chair inside. So the local devotees held a mirror in front of Jagannatha, Baladeva, Subhadra and Gaura Nitai Deities and Guru Maharaja could take darshan of Their reflection!

Click here to go to the History page to read the previous health updates of HH Jayapataka Swami Maharaja.

Later he was taken to the temple room of Bhaktivedanta hospital. It wasn't possible to take his wheel chair inside.

So the local devotees held a mirror in front of Jagannatha, Baladeva, Subhadra and Gaura Nitai Deities and Guru Maharaja could take darshan of Their reflection!

Click here to go to the History page to read the previous health updates of HH Jayapataka Swami Maharaja.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

n31877813023_902726_4656.jpg

The first time Guru Maharaja was taken into an open area with grass.

They are giving me intensive physiotheraphy treatment. Since two days they asked me to, "Sit down, Stand up. Sit down, Stand up" like this for 10 times (but with lesser support) to stimulate my leg muscles.

They are also teaching me to stand erect. Things that I used to do naturally I have to be taught. Right eyebrow started to move today; beginning of facial muscles unfreezing. They are giving me three kinds of therapies, physio, facial and acupuncture. Acupuncture hurts me alot.

They are giving me intensive physiotheraphy treatment. Since two days they asked me to, "Sit down, Stand up. Sit down, Stand up" like this for 10 times (but with lesser support) to stimulate my leg muscles. They are also teaching me to stand erect.

Things that I used to do naturally I have to be taught. Right eyebrow started to move today; beginning of facial muscles unfreezing. They are giving me three kinds of therapies, physio, facial and acupuncture. Acupuncture hurts me alot.

Later he was taken to the temple room of Bhaktivedanta hospital. It wasn't possible to take his wheel chair inside. So the local devotees held a mirror in front of Jagannatha, Baladeva, Subhadra and Gaura Nitai Deities and Guru Maharaja could take darshan of Their reflection!

Later he was taken to the temple room of Bhaktivedanta hospital. It wasn't possible to take his wheel chair inside.

So the local devotees held a mirror in front of Jagannatha, Baladeva, Subhadra and Gaura Nitai Deities and Guru Maharaja could take darshan of Their reflection!

When my mother suffered a stroke, I prayed to Lord Siva to forgive her. It`s because when I started spreading Krsna consciousness in our community, she( a devout catholic) was my number one critic. Today, I`m thankful to Lord Siva for giving her another chance at life. She still can walk, go out by herself and associate with friends. Her memory intact. The only residual effect she`s experiencing is not being able to write effectively.

H.H Jayapataka Maharaja made his prayers to the Deities. Sometimes he slowly raised his hand and sometimes he folded his hands to offer prayers. Later he was taken to have darshan of Srila Prabhupada

IMG_0075.jpg

Jayapataka Maharaj

Sunday, December 28 - Report from Ratnavali dd:

The acupunctarist had suggested that Guru Maharaja be taken to see some nature or greeneries.

Dr. Giriraj prabhu and Guru Maharaja's servants did some research yesterday to see which place was suitable to take Guru Maharaja.

It was decided that today he would first go to have darshan of Sri Radha Giridhari temple which is just nearby, opposite to the Bhaktivedanta hospital and then to National park. Guru Maharaja had his breakfast, facial therapy in the morning and then was taken in the car to the temple. Braja Hari prabhu had purchased a new Innova car so Guru Maharaja could use it during his Mumbai stay. He had sent this car from Juhu to Bhaktivedanta hospital for Guru Maharaja to use.

There was a big gathering of devotees in the temple. Jagajivan prabhu, the Temple President honoured Guru Maharaja by garlanding him and the kirtan party gave a warm reception welcoming Guru Maharaja. Guru Maharaja was taken in the wheel chair inside the temple. Guru Maharaja had darshan of Sri Sri Jagannatha, Baladeva and Subhadra Devi and Sri Sri Radha Giridhari.

Guru Maharaja made his prayers to the Deities. Sometimes he slowly raised his hand and sometimes he folded his hands to offer prayers. Later he was taken to have darshan of Srila Prabhupada. Jagajivan prabhu offered garland to Srila Prabhupada on behalf of Guru Maharaja. A mike was given to Guru Maharaja and he amazed all of us by starting to lead a kirtan:

"Nitai Gauranga Nitai Gauranga Nitai Gauranga Jaya Nitai Gauranga

Jaya Sacinandana Jaya Sacinandana Jaya Sacinandana Jaya Sacinandana

Jaya Radha Giridhari Radha Giridhari Radhe

Jaya Jaganatha Jaya Jaganatha Jaya Baladeva Jaya Subhadra

Jagannatha swami nayana patha gami nayana patha gami bhavatume"

The voice was quite clear and everyone repeated and sang in ecstasy. Few devotees have recorded the singing as well as the video clips of this event. As soon as it is edited we will send you the url to watch this glorious event. The devotees didn't want to strain him too much and he was taken back into the car and to continue his ride to National park.

As it was Sunday there was lot of crowd. It is a beautiful place unlike the noisy Mumbai roads. Originally the plan was to bring him early in the morning as there would be fewer crowds but it got delayed. The vehicles were side parked in the woods.

There were many monkeys there. Being in the vehicle Maha Varaha prabhu fed Guru Maharaja fruits while Deva Gauranga prabhu cut them. Ekanath Gaura prabhu, Acintya Nitai prabhu, Isvara Puri prabhu, Tusti Mohan prabhu they were all feeding the monkeys with cucumbers and had lot of fun. It just reminds us of the Krsna's pastimes with the cowherd boys and their feeding butter to the monkeys!

As it was getting late for his lunch we returned back into the car, back to Bhaktivedanta hospital.

Radhanatha Maharaja's blessings asking Guru Maharaja to lead the kirtan the day before yesterday had come true today. May Lord Krsna keep blessing our beloved Gurudeva to fully recover!

Saturday, December 27 - Report from Ratnavali dd:

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

Radhanath Maharaja came to meet Guru Maharaja today morning around 9.15 am along with Yamuna Mataji and Dina Tarini Mataji, Srila Prabhupada's disciples. They had only a brief meeting as Guru Maharaja had to go for physiotherapy session.

In the afternoon at 1pm Radhanath Maharaja, Yamuna Mataji, Dina Tarini Mataji and other gurukuli devotees were scheduled to take lunch at Bhaktivedanta hospital auditorium. Dr. Giriraj prabhu and Dr. Shiromani Mataji had a spontaneous idea to bring Guru Maharaja also to the auditorium to have his lunch along with them. Guru Maharaja immediately agreed to this idea.

He was brought in wheel chair to the auditorium and he was personally received by Radhanath Maharaja. Guru Maharaja had his prasadam as per his diet while his devotee servants fed him. Radhanatha Maharaja's lady disciples had cooked the feast for the guests.

All of them happily relished the prasadam. When they finished their lunch, Guru Maharaja expressed his happiness and thanked Radhanath Maharaja, Yamuna Mataji and Dina Tarini Mataji for their wonderful association.

Jayapataka Maharaja said to Yamuna Mataji how everyday he listens to the Govindam adi purusam song sung by her during the Deity greetings. Yamuna Mataji humbly passed on all her credit to Srila Prabhupada. She said how she is happy to see Guru Maharaja's recovery.

Guru Maharaja mentioned that on the previous day some devotees had sung few bhajans for him. Yamuna Mataji responded if she could also sing for Guru Maharaja one day. Radhanath Maharaja suggested that the kirtan could be performed even at this moment while Guru Maharaja finishes his lunch. Everyone agreed and the gurukulis sang Hare Krsna Maha Mantra with kartalas, mrdangas and harmonium. When they finished Guru Maharaja asked Yamuna Mataji to sing.

Yamuna Mataji sang Namaste Narasimha prayers. Guru Maharaja then asked Radhanatha Maharaja to lead the kirtan and in response Radhanath Maharaja asked Guru Maharaja to lead the kirtan. Everyone felt so jubilant to see their loving reciprocations. Radhanath Maharaja sang so beautifully Hare Krsna Maha Mantra. When Maharaja finished the kirtan Guru Maharaja again asked Yamuna Mataji to sing one more bhajan. She sang the names of Nitai, Gauranga and Jaya Sacinandana.

During the kirtan Guru Maharaja sometimes would be clapping his hands very slowly or tapping his feet and also sometimes he was repeating the kirtan. At the end Guru Maharaja managed by himself to raise both the hands and chant, "Gauranga".

The devotees repeated after him and Guru Maharaja again chanted "Gauranga" and the devotees repeated. Radhanatha Maharaja said to Guru Maharaja, "so you are leading the kirtan Maharaja!" Everyone burst into laughter. It was one of the most unforgettable moments for all those who had gathered. The whole atmosphere was spiritually surcharged with the presence of so many exalted Vaisnavas.

Saturday, December 27 - Report from Vaikunthapati prabhu:

22-Dec-08 - Afternoon shift, 2 pm to 9 pm

Guru Maharaja was taking facial therapy from Dr. Mahabahu prabhu when we arrived to his room. By his expert treatment Guru Maharaja could close his left eye better than before and the face appearance is getting better day by day.

Everyday Guru Maharaja gets 2 or 3 times the facial therapy and each session lasts for 30 minutes. Prasadam was served after his facial therapy. Then the physiotherapist came to see Guru Maharaja to give bed exercises and also to teach Bhadara Balaram prabhu and Ekanath Gaura prabhu so that they can give the same exercises to Guru Maharaja as often possible during the day.

At 4:30 pm the opthologist doctor came with their machine to check Guru Maharaja's eyes. They also appreciate face therapist's treatment that Guru Maharaja can close his left eye better and eventually Guru Maharaja will not have his left eye taped while sleeping at night.

When the devotees were shifting Guru Maharaja to the bed his right hand accidently hit the rails of the bed and Guru Maharaja expressed a sudden pain saying, "ouch!" Immediately Dr.Shiromani mataji said this means the right hand started to sense the pain and it is a good sign.

At 6:15 pm Jagannath, Baladev and Subadra deities came to Guru Maharaja's room. Guru Maharaja took darsan of Them, offered flowers and took a small piece of prasad. After that Narataki Mataji, Srila Prabhupada's disciple who resides above Guru Maharaja's room in the spiritual care department came to see him and recollected how Guru Maharaja was serving so nicely Srila Prabhupada.

Guru Maharaja was so tired after getting so many therapies since the morning, so the servants desired to give him prasadam and put him to early rest. At 8:15 pm Guru Maharaja was served prasadam and at 9:15 pm he was on the bed sleeping.

Ekanath Gaura prabhu shared with us all how in the morning during the physiotherapy session Guru Maharaja showed improvement in his walking using the parallel bars and with the support of the devotees.

IMG_0075.jpg

21-Dec-08 - afternoon shift 12 noon to 9 pm

Around at 12 am I went to Guru Maharaja's room to join with Bhadra Balaram prabhu. The physiotherapy doctor came to give bed exercises to Guru Maharaja.

The exercises were for his hands, legs and trunk. He was able to sit at the edge of the bed for quite sometime and only with the support of his hands.

He was made to stand and sit for two times with the support of the walker and with the help of devotees. The doctors are focusing now to teach Guru Maharaja to stand on his own. Guru Maharaja sat on a chair and took prasadam. After his prasadam he took rest.

Here in Bhaktivedanta hospital many doctors always come and check Guru Maharaja. In this regard Guru Maharaja also commented that in Hinduja hospital he saw the doctors only few times in a day and the nurses were around him quite often.

But in Bhaktivedanta hospital the doctors are all the time around him and he rarely sees the nurses. He was happy with many doctors taking care of him nicely and the atmosphere here is spiritual.

Yesterday when Dr. Shiromani and another doctor was with Guru Maharaja, a topic came about the hospital deities, Jagannath, Subhadra and Baladeva. They everyday visit the patients and the patients also get the deities prasadam.

Guru Maharaja told them jokingly that the deities don't come to see him. Dr. Shiromani mataji said, "No Guru Maharaja, you were taking rest at the time when They came to this floor and another time you were in the physiotherapy department at the ground floor."

At around 5 pm I saw the Jagannath, Subhadra and Baladeva deities at the 4th floor where Guru Maharaja's deluxe suite is situated. Dr. Shiromani mataji was also present with the deities. I rushed to see if Guru Maharja was awake and he was awake.

Bhadra Balaram prabhu was nearby him. We prepared to receive the deities. The deities arrived after a few minutes and the devotees brought Them closer to Guru Maharaja. He prayed for a moment and offered flowers to Them. He took one small piece of prasad from the deities. He was happy to see Them in his room!

The facial therapist, Dr. Mahabahu prabhu came to begin his course for Guru Maharaja. Guru Maharaja was made to sit at the edge of the bed and was given facial therapy for half an hour. His face is getting better everyday, still his speaking and facial expressions needs a lot of improvement.

After the theraphy he took some fruits. Ratnavali dd, Devakimayi dd and Madhuri Yamuna dd came to read get well letters for Guru Maharaja. The devotees' get well letters enliven Guru Maharaja always.

After that again he got facial therapy for sometime and Bhadra Balaram prabhu fed him dinner. At around 9 pm the eye specialist came and checked Guru Maharaja's eyes. After that Guru Maharaja was put to sleep.